WvW tiers making sense!

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Anyone else getting a good chuckle? 3rd/4th/6th t3, 5th/7th/8th t2…

Rng is rng, but this is funny XD

Attachments:

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

This is because glicko volatility and deviation is reset when servers get relinked. It means the match-making system has less information from the past to create matches that seem more appropriately balanced by rank. So matches in the first few weeks of relink seem wild.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Also look how close everyone is in rating now.

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Also look how close everyone is in rating now.

Yeah a side effect of the 5-4-3 Skirmish scores.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Servers are going to get glicko locked in the wrong tiers and have completely kitten match ups until a couple weeks before they relink again. The 5-4-3 system combined with the 2 month server links just isn’t working…

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Terribad………..

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Boris Losdindawoods.3098

Boris Losdindawoods.3098

1 vs 2 vs 10? Seriously? W.inall.T.F?

A small part of me wonders if this has anything to do with hunting down and targeting Anet guild tags last week. Oh Well.

Big water, blast, blast, blast.

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

A small part of me wonders if this has anything to do with hunting down and targeting Anet guild tags last week. Oh Well.

It was a 1% chance for DB to roll into T1.
Smells like manual match making to me.

I wont be playing WvW this week :/

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

(edited by Bensozia.8071)

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

This was the exact intention of all the changes to glicko etc over the last 6-9 months, wasn’t it? As I recall the whole idea was to flatten out the ratings so that there would be more “good” matches. The definition of a good match appears to be one in which the glicko scores of each team are as close together as possible so it’s a vicious/virtuous circle.

As things stand, 9 out of 12 teams are within 100 points of each other and everyone is easily in range of everyone else when you add in wildcards so every week can be like this from now on.

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

As problematic as this is, I still enjoy it more than when we had the same match-up every week for months on end. Back then, there was still rampant population imbalance, but at least now we’re against new faces.

Also, while linking didn’t solve the whole population problem and screwed people looking for low-pop servers, it has made the numbers closer to even than before.

Basically, it sucks less than it used to, imo.

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

1 UP 1 DOWN is NEEDED WITH THE RELINKS AND TIER WALLS BEING NO EXISTENT!

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

1 UP 1 DOWN is NEEDED WITH THE RELINKS AND TIER WALLS BEING NO EXISTENT!

I took an arrow to the knee

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Servers are going to get glicko locked in the wrong tiers and have completely kitten match ups until a couple weeks before they relink again. The 5-4-3 system combined with the 2 month server links just isn’t working…

That means Anet will continue to work wvw?
And player say they dont work on wvw….they are constantly changes the scores, cant u guys imagine how hard it is to hide what it is not working?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

I killed anet tag probably about 6 times, mostly dbbl NE tower for AI guild, they couldn’t stay away from the wipe. So highly possible this is stink on us DB people, lmao.

We are actually doing a fair job at the moment even though green runs a mighty bloody chickenhead of a zerg

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Tier stratification and stale match-ups.

Or

Weird blow out matches.

Both are bad, but I’ll take never knowing who I’m going to fight week to week, its more interesting.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

Yes, there should be some variety in the matchups, but not tier 4 servers getting stuck in tier 1, and tier 1 servers rolling down and crushing tier 3. People stop playing when the matchups are too lopsided. The 5/4/3 system has pulled all the glickos closer together, but whatever “RNG multiplier” they have been using to randomize the matchups is too big now.

Dragonbrand hasn’t won a skirmish (and probably won’t) and they’re gaining 35 glicko.

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

That’s really annoying. I have accounts on both FA and the linked server with you. Last night my guild got some fights against your guild where you outnumbered my guild but we came to try to fight you anyway. Why would you not play when you guys were winning those fights? I hope to get some time on my ET account too and have people around.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

That’s really annoying. I have accounts on both FA and the linked server with you. Last night my guild got some fights against your guild where you outnumbered my guild but we came to try to fight you anyway. Why would you not play when you guys were winning those fights? I hope to get some time on my ET account too and have people around.

I did play last night to see how it would go.
But many of the other fights we got steamrolled. Got tired of being bag farmed.

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

(edited by Bensozia.8071)

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

Mag has resorted to Spawn camping CD already… And this is the first time in ages I’ve seen spawn camping…

Going to be a long week…

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Mag has resorted to Spawn camping CD already… And this is the first time in ages I’ve seen spawn camping…

Going to be a long week…

You need TC to come back from PvE.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: kurea.5421

kurea.5421

Mag did that to Hod too when they were linked with SF. Its amazing how big they are like they are huge in every maps.

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

Going to be a long week…

TC players didnt go PVE. Multiple TC guilds left server already looking for more activity, some other players left game due to wvw being completely ignored by anet. TC is just one of the many servers that is dieing due to the situation wvw is facing.
TC has barely commanders playing. Last week i logged 2 days during the week on prime NA and found only1 cmder running and thats considering all the BLs.

Face it, if your server is not dead yet, it is a work in proccess. Just sit back and enjoy while anet nails it

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Packit.8576

Packit.8576

1 up 1 down makes perfect sense and feel like it’ll give closer matchups. Whoever thought it was a good idea for 5/4/3 shouldn’t be allowed to make suggestions anymore. But that’s probably carl again playing god with this game mode. Overall server population would be more consistent since fairweathers play a huge role in the outcome of a server’s score, which although means absolutely nothing still seems to be a huge part of the population that loves that peepeetee

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Going to be a long week…

TC players didnt go PVE. Multiple TC guilds left server already looking for more activity, some other players left game due to wvw being completely ignored by anet.

Not talking about compared to months ago, I’m talking about compared to just before the latest LS release hit. TC definitely had a lot more players in WvW before it was released.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

Not talking about compared to months ago, I’m talking about compared to just before the latest LS release hit. TC definitely had a lot more players in WvW before it was released.

This is what happens when a server get spawn camped, their keeps get way pointed and they are already fighting a more populated server. If the time you spend playing a game, is not fun, then you find something else to do, and this is a game, this is not something I have to do to as a daily chore.

This is a choice you make, if you go out of your way to make people’s game time not fun, then dont expect them to keep showing up.

I heard someone once say, if you want to keep playing with your toys make sure not to break them.

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

BassHunteR.7246

This is what happens when a server get spawn camped, their keeps get way pointed and they are already fighting a more populated server. If the time you spend playing a game, is not fun, then you find something else to do, and this is a game, this is not something I have to do to as a daily chore.

This is a choice you make, if you go out of your way to make people’s game time not fun, then dont expect them to keep showing up.

I heard someone once say, if you want to keep playing with your toys make sure not to break them.

true.
Like i said last week i logged two days during NA prime time and came to find out a single cmder both nights considering all 4 maps. And that cmder had barely 15 players on his tag.
I followed tag for 15 mins pvding until enemy came with 25+ and just rollesd over us. Then i was like: “hm.. Ok i guess thats it, back to whatever i was doing earlier…”
That is just not funny at all

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

3 out of 4 matches are ridiculous runaways this week.

The basic problem is population imbalance and a RNG system for match selection is complete kitten kitten.

I like the idea of having match variety. BUT having match variety will lead to gross mismatches if there is the current level of server imbalance.

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Going to be a long week…

hehehe xd

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

morrolan.9608

3 out of 4 matches are ridiculous runaways this week.

The basic problem is population imbalance and a RNG system for match selection is complete kitten kitten.

I like the idea of having match variety. BUT having match variety will lead to gross mismatches if there is the current level of server imbalance.

We’re now at the opposite extreme of what used to happen, its ridiculous that Dragonbrand is in T1.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

The tiers are just arbitrary numbers at this point, have been for a while.

And why isn’t Mag fighting BG?!!?!?! Wouldn’t that be the perfect matchup? srsly what are you thinking dev team? Toss in yb, but maybe give them a third little server for population buffs.

I just feel that every matchup the biggest servers are ALWAYS winnning first place and having an easy time.

Mag fights well….they have a full que ebg 24/7….and enough runoff to have a full que on 1-2 other bl at the same time during primtime…and they are well coordinated. Why aren’t they fighting the top of the top population worlds? Shouldn’t that qualify you for fighting the best of the best? And don’t tell me they “dont ppt”……come look at our maps and say that, wouldn’t surprise me if the “we dont ppt” is a propaganda movement created to ACTUALLY ppt. They hold the things they take, they upgrade them with watchtowers and ewp. They direct their numbers in concentrated areas and they hold to increase their ppk, while maintaining their foots up the other enemy bl’s doors. I mean thats what I would do if I was planning PPT.

Tc and cd just getting bullied at this point. We can’t fight their zergs since they run so huge. Unfortunately the primary reason their kd is so high is due to them just eating the smaller numbered fish. That shouldn’t be the case! I’ve only seen like 1 mag group fight through a group larger than them this week…and they did a good job even though they lost. Ya, the fact that mag even loses when outnumbered should tell you something about this mode…

BG had decent fighters as well, they fight like monkeys and guerilla fighters its kinda cool (they plan ambushes all the time and engage you from behind or hide behind hills or whatever)…. in terms of winning fights I’d give a slight nod to mag though but thats just cause they abuse stealth and mesmers and they run larger.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Fwiw, the seemingly hilariously unbalanced t1 matchup is actually by far the most even matchup in na this week. Server relinks do in fact change things up, which is why the volatility is drastically boosted with them. DB is doing just fine in t1. They’re in third place clearly, but both their total score and victory points are by far the most reasonable of any matchup.

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

And why isn’t Mag fighting BG?!!?!?! Wouldn’t that be the perfect matchup? srsly what are you thinking dev team? Toss in yb, but maybe give them a third little server for population buffs.

I just feel that every matchup the biggest servers are ALWAYS winnning first place and having an easy time.

Mag fights well….they have a full que ebg 24/7….and enough runoff to have a full que on 1-2 other bl at the same time during primtime…and they are well coordinated. Why aren’t they fighting the top of the top population worlds? Shouldn’t that qualify you for fighting the best of the best? And don’t tell me they “dont ppt”……come look at our maps and say that, wouldn’t surprise me if the “we dont ppt” is a propaganda movement created to ACTUALLY ppt. They hold the things they take, they upgrade them with watchtowers and ewp. They direct their numbers in concentrated areas and they hold to increase their ppk, while maintaining their foots up the other enemy bl’s doors. I mean thats what I would do if I was planning PPT.

Tc and cd just getting bullied at this point. We can’t fight their zergs since they run so huge. Unfortunately the primary reason their kd is so high is due to them just eating the smaller numbered fish. That shouldn’t be the case! I’ve only seen like 1 mag group fight through a group larger than them this week…and they did a good job even though they lost. Ya, the fact that mag even loses when outnumbered should tell you something about this mode…

BG had decent fighters as well, they fight like monkeys and guerilla fighters its kinda cool (they plan ambushes all the time and engage you from behind or hide behind hills or whatever)…. in terms of winning fights I’d give a slight nod to mag though but thats just cause they abuse stealth and mesmers and they run larger.

Lol @ numbers. Even BG and JQ get roasted my maguuma in fights. Only reason maguuma is ppting is because the match up is a snooze.

Native Maguuman

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

. Only reason maguuma is ppting is because the match up is a snooze.

1. Mags said T1 was a snooze fest, they tanked.

2. If you want challenging fights, stacking all the A+ team on one server and wanting to fight the mixed A,B,C and drop outs. Then challenge you shall not find.

3. The fact that you care more for ppk means that unless you know you are at advantage you do not bother.

4. Name one server that actually wants to fight you? The play style is toxic to normal server play, prevents newer people coming to WvW , learning, enjoying and returning.

5. And my personal favorite, Mags should be given the BG treatment from S2. Locked and 2v1 for months, only then will you get the challenge you say you crave.

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

A trained monkey could set better matches than this stupid Glicko system. It has never worked well and now it is just laughable. Seriously, BG hasn’t been in T1 in a month and has been ranked 3 or higher the entire time.

Linking servers made sense ONLY when it balanced the matches. Linking and letting ridiculously unbalanced matches continue just kittenes off everyone.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Better just buy more gems for another sever transfer. Then rinse and repeat next linkings. Then you can maybe get the content you want. For at least a week or two or three.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

BassHunteR.7246

And the funny part is we get 0 comments from ANET anywhere.
O wait, they did mention they like skirmishes and that we getting better rewards from reward tracks this year.
That will fix everything
Lol

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Anyone who has a basic knowledge of how an ecosystem works will understand that World Linking is systematically destroying the lower levels of an ecosystem that took years to evolve.

The Lower tier servers once served as a bedrock to eccentric WvW communities. These communities used to provide a constant stream of players that migrated on their own…like a moth to a flame…to the Top tiers for action.

World Linking basically dumps the “small fry” players seeking action from the Lower tier servers directly into the bigger tank. The cycle of renewal is broken as players don’t need to do anything to get to the action.

World Linking is destroying Lower tier communities to fuel the constant demand of the Top tier servers that require bodies for a constant zergfest. This zergfest battle ground easily burns & churns commanders…and these commanders don’t get easily replaced.

Lower tier servers are exhausted of commanders that fight for “nothing”. Upper tier servers are left to pick-up the slack & their commanders end up burning & churning.

There is no room for noob commanders to learn in a safe slow paced Lower tier server that used to exist prior to World Linking.

ANet is then left struggling to clump more empty Lower tier servers as their communities collapse & Upper tier servers have to pull more “noob” players from the Lower tier servers along.

It’s a vicious life cycle that this game design perpetuates…and complex solutions are needed to fix it.

World Linking combined with a fixed 3 way fight using Tiers to create match-ups just re-enforces the population server stacking that ANet is trying to balance, but never will.

We need a solution that allows unique Long Term Communities to co-exist together while proving Player Driven match-ups to feed it. This is the way to design this game mode…imho

WvW needs to have a deep & broad range of diversity to encourage a self sustaining ecosystem…instead of a system that is shallow & focused on making Lower tier players happy on finding match-ups…and one that’s kept alive by “manual” manipulation of World Links & Glicko adjustments to create these artificially “balanced & fair” match-ups.

Re-purpose an already existing in-game mechanic Server Guesting and let me pick my own match-ups, but keep track of my server fight choices…then weekly limit me on how many & which servers that I can fight on.

Give each World Server a single Home map to defend, and to allow players to visit any World Server map to fight on…within their weekly limit.

WvW should be all about the match-ups & being able to meet up and play together with friends and family even though they’re from different World Servers.

Don’t make it any more complicated than what it needs to be…

Excellent post. I initially felt server linking would be a good idea but after seeing the results as outlined so very clearly in your post, I no longer see things that way. This IS just killing lower tiers and forcing all into assimilation into the BORG collective. As such, given so many have less interest in this, overall populations bleeds away.

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I’ve been playing a bit on the TC side of this match and that’s not what I’ve been seeing at all.
Mag pug groups have been absolutely wrecking the TC pug blob even when TC has greater numbers. On numerous occasions I saw The TC zerg trying to take a tower while 10-15 mag are hitting them from behind and the TC commander fully ignores them, once the wall or gate goes down the TC commander would head straight to lords leaving behind the people that were fighting off the Mag group. Now Mag would have the numbers and wipe that smaller group and then push into lords to clean up the rest of the zerg.

You can try and say these people should have stayed on the tag but they were already actively engaged in a fight that the commander was fully ignoring.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

This is a funny post all around. It’s good that we have humor in these dark times. Going to hop on Mag where we have 2-3 queues apparently and have a chortle!

WvW tiers making sense!

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

I’ve been playing a bit on the TC side of this match and that’s not what I’ve been seeing at all.
Mag pug groups have been absolutely wrecking the TC pug blob even when TC has greater numbers. On numerous occasions I saw The TC zerg trying to take a tower while 10-15 mag are hitting them from behind and the TC commander fully ignores them, once the wall or gate goes down the TC commander would head straight to lords leaving behind the people that were fighting off the Mag group. Now Mag would have the numbers and wipe that smaller group and then push into lords to clean up the rest of the zerg.

You can try and say these people should have stayed on the tag but they were already actively engaged in a fight that the commander was fully ignoring.

Problem
TC is just mostly pug players/groups. They will just follow commander but even when requested, most will not go on Teamspeak or other clients to know whats going on. This is a big reason why we get crushed most times.
If you google GW2 WVW with past week, you will get some Mag vid gameplays and see how well they stick and work together.

Best Fight this week
When Mag came to talk the TCBL Garri, very good battle, lasted close to 2 hours i think and eventually they left and then CD arrived.

Funniest moment this week
From above fight when CD arrived, i got outside of the wall facing NET and was hitting a ranger on wall. He decided to jump and take me on. NPCs put him to down state as i purposely lure the fight towards them. 2 more CD jumped off wall and came to his aid. I was like, ok i’ll back off towards NET.
From corner of my screen, i see a Mag Sneak Gyro coming pretty fast towards me. Im like ok, i’ll take this scrapper on and try hit it with shortbow. I was shocked when out from the stealth pops 3 scrappers and 1 berserker and 1 mes. Im dead within seconds. Dead and laying down looking towards where they went, those 3 CD never stood a chance.

Have fun and enjoy