WvW tournament tickets-I love them!

in WvW

Posted by: sendaf.8375

sendaf.8375

I am a huge fan of the tournament tickets we get each week. I would like to see them become a more common part of WvW.

Why not keep the tickets around year long? It really gives each server a better reason to give it their all each week instead of just waiting for a Tourny to come along. The number of tickets given each week would have to be drastically reduced however. I’m thinking something like:

1st place – 15 tickets
2nd place – 10 tickets
3rd place – 5 tickets

In order to become eligible to receive the reward you would have to fulfill a WvW weekly achievement. Basically it is the same thing as the most recent tourny achievement but slightly harder because I think most people agreed that the achievements during this tournament were way to easy to obtain.

On a side note as a veteran of all WvW tournys run so far, this one has been my favorite by far. Once we figure out the population imbalance issue I think WvW would be in a good place, and be ready for future expansions like new maps etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

More bandwagoning to overstacked servers will happen if this idea gets through.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Then again, making the match-ups less predictable would solve most of that (just tier 1 then). This is definitely something I’d like to see, but we’d need to solve some other issues along with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I literally thinking the exact same thing the other day. Though I was thinking just strait up 1/10 of the in season rewards so 20/15/10

As far as bandwagoning, sure, bandwagon, then you get moved up a tier, and find yourself at the bottom again… not such a great idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I literally thinking the exact same thing the other day. Though I was thinking just strait up 1/10 of the in season rewards so 20/15/10

As far as bandwagoning, sure, bandwagon, then you get moved up a tier, and find yourself at the bottom again… not such a great idea.

Once your bandwagon hits a speed bump, you simply jump to the next bandwagon, leaving the original bandwagon to suffer a slow and terrible fall into T8.

That’s why the whole bandwagon issue needs to be resolved.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Once your bandwagon hits a speed bump, you simply jump to the next bandwagon, leaving the original bandwagon to suffer a slow and terrible fall into T8.

That’s why the whole bandwagon issue needs to be resolved.

Where are people getting the money to transfer that often!?!

in WvW

Posted by: GrackFields.7805

GrackFields.7805

Why? All you need to be is the top of your 3 man group. Say for example you are the 22nd place sever. You are going to be facing 23 and 24 a lot. You will also face higher servers but you will also get a lot of 1st places. This will be true all the way to the top of the ranks. Even then there is some fluctuation at the top ranks in terms of who ends up winning.

The rewards would also have to be higher. it would take a month of first places just to be able to afford a single WvW infusion.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Why? All you need to be is the top of your 3 man group. Say for example you are the 22nd place sever. You are going to be facing 23 and 24 a lot. You will also face higher servers but you will also get a lot of 1st places. This will be true all the way to the top of the ranks. Even then there is some fluctuation at the top ranks in terms of who ends up winning.

The rewards would also have to be higher. it would take a month of first places just to be able to afford a single WvW infusion.

Why. Cause its easier to stack on a server with high population, do your achievs or whatever is needed to do to get tickets then afk rest of week since you will know your server going to beat it. Rather then fighting the whole week to get the rewards. Dont get me wrong, im not all against this idea but its better to address problems with coverage imbalance first.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: GrackFields.7805

GrackFields.7805

I don’t think you understand. Every sever except the 1st/2nd place and last/second last place sever has match-up where they are favorites and where they are underdogs. If rewards are based upon the match-up then it doesn’t promote sever stacking as the sever that got 1st place in the T8 match-up gets the same rewards as the sever that got 1st place in their T1 match-up.

If anything it could be easier to complete WvW objectives on lower populated servers. I think (I could be wrong) keeps, camps, and tower flip more often on them because there is coverage gaps and overall less people to defend, stuff that gets upgraded is easier to flip.

Hell, I have solo flipped keeps more times then I have captured SMC.

in WvW

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

In order to become eligible to receive the reward you would have to fulfill a WvW weekly achievement. Basically it is the same thing as the most recent tourny achievement but slightly harder because I think most people agreed that the achievements during this tournament were way to easy to obtain.

Yes I’d have the tickets. Tickets for actual WvW players, and not.. ehm.. you know. Playing each friday for 10 mins and that’s it.

Put some actual requirements. Like 500 player kills for example. 100 point captures.

Stuff that actual WvW players can achieve.

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Doesn’t this game have enough different currency yet?

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I am a huge fan of the tournament tickets we get each week. I would like to see them become a more common part of WvW.

Why not keep the tickets around year long? It really gives each server a better reason to give it their all each week

Well, for me, these and those from last season are just collecting dust and taking up inventory space. I certainly wouldn’t go out of my way for more of them.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

sendaf.8375

Doesn’t this game have enough different currency yet?

I agree there are a huge number of currency types. But this currency already exists and right now its kind of in a weird spot… we can only get more of it during a tourny which is something like 2-3 times a year TOPS. That is why I would like to add a way to slowly get them throughout the year. Also I believe that all the rewards from tickets are account bound so it won’t make a huge impact on the economy.

This would have to be implemented along with a WvW system overhaul as I agree it would encourage bandwagoning… Thats why I wanted the rewards to be pretty small in the first place… at 15 tickets a win it will take 14 weeks of winning in 1st place in order to afford an ascended trinket.

Possible fixes to bandwagoning have be discussed extensively in other threads and I like a lot of the ideas proposed (especially the alliance vs. alliance ideas) However this problem is solved I think tickets as a reward system would fit nicely and easily into the solution.

in WvW

sendaf.8375

Well, for me, these and those from last season are just collecting dust and taking up inventory space. I certainly wouldn’t go out of my way for more of them.

I know I am also left stuck with an awkward 50 tickets sitting in my bank right now and they will be practically useless for half a year. This is exactly why I think we need to implement tickets as a reward for weekly play. instead of having those tickets sit in your bank and be useless, you can slowly add to them each week until they become something very useful; like an ascended trinket!

I agree that the requirement to qualify for these weekly tickets need to be far higher then this tourny’s. Something that should be accomplished within 1-3 hours of play and not 1-3 minutes….

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

How about just convert badges into tickets? I have about 3000 badges with nothing worth buying with them.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

sendaf.8375

How about just convert badges into tickets? I have about 3000 badges with nothing worth buying with them.

Really good idea! Only problem I see is that Tickets, like laurels, are currently set up to be a time gated currency (IE you can’t earn 5 ascended trinkets in one night of really successful game play) where badges can be earned constantly.

However that is another great possibility that these tickets open up

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I like the overall idea (and I’d love to be able to complete my Mistforged Weapon collection faster), but I think it would run contrary to ANet’s idea of using the tickets as hooks to increase WvW participation during tournaments.

I also kinda like the idea of turning Badges into tickets, but perhaps it needs a gold fee along with it to stop people from acquiring other stuff like Obsidian, Dragonite or WXP too quickly.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I have a better idea.

Serve 1 hour of WvW a day for a ticket (or relevant reward to be claimed from the current NPC). In that 1 hour time frame you have to complete a small number of WvW based achievements. If you fail to complete them all in that hour, the achievements reset.

A 1 hour raid is not a lot to ask for any person interested in both the rewards, and the WvW experience. You can spend more than this in a fractal run, or doing daily dungeon paths. Hell, people will happily idle in LA for a whole day kitten ing.

3 Sentries,
3 Camps
10 Player kills
1 Tower or Keep flipped
1 consecutive Hour of time logged

or whatever, and EOTM doesnt count. EB and the BL’s only

This should encourage more player participation within each servers populace, and make WvW in general more rewarding for those already playing there (and still not getting equivalent rewards to other game modes).

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Ross Biddle it sounds good but you forgot some tickets for scouts. If I am to sit in tower or keep for a hour becausescouting is needed too with these superior sieges and masteries, I deserve something too.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaggedrain.6923

Jaggedrain.6923

I’d like them to be added to the account wallet and stop taking up inventory space, kthanx

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Seems to me that the way to divorce rewards from bandwagoning is to not give rewards for winning – but rather allocate rewards to completing a weekly achievement.

I’ve advocated WvW weekly achievement before – I think it would be a great way to attract players to WvW. If you also provide reward tickets (in the same way as you get a Daily for completing daily achievements), this would give a further incentive.

Coming first should be a matter of pride. Playing the game well should give the reward but coming first, as we all sadly know, doesn’t necessarily mean you played better.

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

sendaf.8375

Great ideas everyone; how about we combine a few of the suggestions.

So we are required to get a WvW weekly to be eligible for rewards. The requirements for the weekly can ONLY be obtained from EBG or the BLs. The requirements to complete the weekly should take about 1 hour of gameplay.

At the end of the week if you completed your weekly you get 10 tickets, which have been added to your wallet.

Simple and sweet, it forces people out of the EOTM zerg, encourages meaningful contribution for your 1 hour of game time, and discourages bandwagoning.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Tourneys suck,they can dissapear and never return.Does anything remotely interesting or different happens in a tourney,otherwise being faced against servers you shouldnt be facing ? It isnt and it;s all the same kitten.Tourneys arnt interesting,the rewards arn’t interesting either,tourneys can dissapear and never return again.It doesnt do anything to change wvw,at all..Thats up to the devs ,and that’s not about to happen.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)