good class to solo cap camp?

in WvW

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

What’s a good class that can solo a camp fast and cap it.

I suppose a well necromancer is good at that. What other class can solo a camp of mobs instantly and cap it.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

For the most part this is a player skill/build issue. I do best against camps with my Guardian, because I’m the most used to guardian. Starting to do fairly well with thief, but finding that to be much trickier. Seen others take the camps easy with just about any class imaginable.

One of the fastest I’ve seen is Engineer, but that is probably because we got a couple of good Engineers in my guild.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

any class, zerk lb ranger, is very fast, trait for piercing arrows, rapid fire wrecks the npcs
zerk necro is good, ball em up, drop well, marks, ds spam done, engi bomber, ele staff or d/d, gs war nice if you can stack em by a wall for whirling wrath, gs guard, sb thief with arrow storm, gs and s/f mesmer. Have fun

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Clearing a camp fast depends on the build. Some builds have high amounts of cleaving damage and a little bit of sustain in case thd melee NPCs snare you or the scouts live a while. The other thing is using the pull spots and balling up the guards if you have a melee build. But the biggest thing you need to quickly cap a camp is cleaving, for example a condi engi vs condi ranger the engi is faster and easier because nades and boms have easy aoe.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Any prof can do it if you know how to play it well enough. Personally I find a melee trapper Ranger to get the job done the fastest. Stack them all in a corner, use jungle stalker’s F2 (5 stacks of might), blast Fire Trap’s firefield with your warhorn, swap to drake so it blasts the firefield a second time (tail swipe), then nuke them all with the remaining traps and spam axe 1 and 2. I can flip a camp before swords pop with that rotation which is usually around 20seconds.

EDIT: Before I forget, I say “I find the fastest” because I’ve only flipped camps with Necro, Ranger, Thief, Warrior and Ele. I haven’t done it with the others as I don’t have those profs and I wasn’t very good with Ele or Warrior. Again, it varies depending on your skill honestly. All profs can flip camps just some a bit faster than others. Trapper Ranger absolutely melts the NPC’s when I do it so I just consider it to be the fastest out of what I’m familiar with.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

My Ranger solo caps camps…LB and axe/Horn

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i have tried using few classes, and have to concur with ranger being the fastest.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Pretty much any class, yeah. Just learn it. Kill the scouts first — they will blind/cripple you and it makes it much harder to fight the rest of the camp. If you’re having trouble at first, you can always kite the scouts out further than the rest of the camp because they rely on range.

No problems on my Guard, Warrior, or Ranger. I tend to be fastest on my War, though, mostly because it’s the class I’m most familiar with.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

The fastest way is probably a dagger-pistol glass cannon thief in full zerker, just use auto attack and use a permanent smoke field to mitigate damage. The only tricky bit is to pull the scouts into melee range, otherwise they are very annoying.

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Well, I think that every class can cap a camp solo, it most depends on which class you feel most comfortable with, I guess..

I clear camps with my full zerker LB/SB ranger in 60 seconds, but also my guardian can cap them solo (albeit a bit slower, since more tank and less dmg). “Pick your fave class and train in capping those camps” (have another player as backup to rez you, should you mess up or so), best advice I can give you here..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I flip regularly flip camps with only 3 classes since that’s what I play.

Ele – possibly the fastest but also the trickiest as my zerker ele is squishy and relies on elite to get agro. Not as reliable as thief/guard and sometimes bites the dust (yea to npcs >..> )

Thief – I have most experience on this class so even fully upgraded camps are not a problem for me. The basic ones, I could kill all mobs and start capping before swords would pop (when we had swords QQ).

Guard – the most reliable of the three classes, can flip basic camp faster than a thief but still haven’t figured out how to flip upgraded ones fast (been playing guard somewhat more only for a week or two now).

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Any profession can do it but i suggest a high mobility class to move fast to the next camp.
Thief, warrior, ele. I think this guys are the fastests

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I usually play necro, also play engine from time to time. Necro I can flip camps pretty easily and quickly, wellomancer, just stack up the npcs, drop all the sellin em an go for broke, not my fav though. Minion Master usually had no problems, just b sure to keep an eye on the position of your bone minions, and use flesh golem to interrupt the heals, if running death nova, you can stack a lot of weakness with the bone minion putrid explosion, staff 3, staff4 putrid explosion chain…least that’s how I do it.

My favorite way though is probably conditionmancwr with a 6/4/4/0/0 set up, using parasitic contagion. Just kill the scouts first, then stack conditions on supervisors and the guard with your staff an scepter/dagger, lay down a corrosive poison cloud before engaging btw gives weakness and poison., then epidemic the supervisor to just melt te guards, camp should be your in just a few seconds. I like this set up because if someone tries to gank you to steal the camp or shows up to defend it, you can epidemic the supervisor again and watch as their health melts, just interrupt their cleanses with your fears and you should be good if that happens to you.

I also said I play engi, but don’t use him much in WvW, but I do mainly use a bomb setup. Just use smoke bomb first and you should be good, can also use grenades if you wish.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Thief, Ele, Warrior or Ranger is your best bets.
Among these, the strongest solo roamer(s) is Thief and Ranger, closely followed by Ele, then warrior is last.
While warrior is the quickest to clear a camp, followed by thief then ranger then ele, the warrior is weaker then the others in a duel because its inability to maintain protection, evasion/dodging in addition to its extremely telegraphed attacks (you can tell almost all a warrior does a second before it happens).

Thief is strong with both direct and condition builds, ele gotta run DD Celestial or it will never win.
Ranger does well with Apothecary+Dire xx66x (survival), Rabid x66xx (trapper), Berserker 64xxx (DPS longbow).
Warrior – got no clue about good roaming builds.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Makes me miss the days of FGS into a wall to take a camp in 20s. Then FGS away.

As it is now, any class can do it well if you have a good amount of aoe/cleave. While its not as important with white-swords removed, being able to escape is an important aspect of soloing camps. With that in-mind, thieves, mesmers, engineers, GS warriors, and eles all do a very good job.

Tip: Pull one guard and LOS them around a corner so they all come around the corner to stack on you. This will allow your cleave to get them down very quick, and if you do it right also pulls the scouts into your little death-ball.

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

If you are only concerned about solo’ing a supply camp and not dueling or any of the other parts of roaming, I’d just go as a zerker warrior. Warrior has the fastest movement speed if you have GS recharge traited with bulls charge and GS + Sword Warhorn. It also takes out camps the fastest- my record was around 7 seconds to take out the npc’s from first hit to last (no dolyaks). For a fully upgraded camp I did it in 38 seconds. Do something like this: