repeatable diamond 6/6 chest

in WvW

Posted by: Dukotje.4382

Dukotje.4382

It sucks to see that, regular wvw players won’t get the reward they deserve. I mean GG on the update, new rewards and stuff. love It! its just sad to see that in the repeatable diamond chests on the last one you aren’t receiving any tickets… for ppl that spend most of their play time on the borders it would be nice to see that if they invest their time, it should be rewarded with more skirmish tickets.

So far great update, love the poppulation now. lets teach those pve ppl how fun wvw can be… but please add skirmish tickets to the repeatable diamond end chest?

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

They should not be repeatable. And most anet needs to adjust the ticket cap to be in line with fractal gear acquisition rates, nothing but more

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

but please add skirmish tickets to the repeatable diamond end chest?

I support this idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

If they removed the cap they also need to add more skins and rewards when the regular wvw players have finished all the current rewards. No rewards is worse than time gated rewards

I would much more prefer if the repeatable diamond chests gave rewards geared towards continuing playing the mode, like banners, squad food/utility, and personal food/finishers for roamers.

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

you are already rewarded more than most will have the time to earn, simply be reaching the end of the non repeatable diamond chest. Stop QQing for greater class divides between old guard and new wvwers. You’ll just neuter any incentives to get into the game mode with too big of an uphill struggle to get reasonable rewards for time investment. WvW is part of a video game, stop expecting people to treat it like a full time job in the military.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

They should make the acquisition flatline instead of increasing and then remove cap. People afk grind not just because it easy but also because it is practically trained into them with the “must get” cap that requires some serious grind.

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

you are already rewarded more than most will have the time to earn, simply be reaching the end of the non repeatable diamond chest. Stop QQing for greater class divides between old guard and new wvwers. You’ll just neuter any incentives to get into the game mode with too big of an uphill struggle to get reasonable rewards for time investment. WvW is part of a video game, stop expecting people to treat it like a full time job in the military.

There are supposed to be divides between old guard and new players and in most games it’s the quality of the gear not just how shiny it is.

There is no uphill struggle to get into the game mode other than learning how to actually play it.

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

There are supposed to be divides between old guard and new players and in most games it’s the quality of the gear not just how shiny it is.

There is no uphill struggle to get into the game mode other than learning how to actually play it.

In your opinion. Which is already there with bonus pips via rank as it is.

Reading is hard. See bold part. Also see preceding sentence for additional context.

in WvW

Israel.7056

Reading is hard. See bold part. Also see preceding sentence for additional context.

Yes in my opinion I think old guard should have all the best stuff because they’ve put the time in. In most games the best stuff would also be superior stats and the new players would get bodied for months until they caught up gear wise. In this game it’s just aesthetics.

With the current system there’s actually more of an uphill struggle for the bunnies to get their carrots than there would be with uncapped repeatables. If a bunny hops into WvW six months from now then they’re exactly six months behind everyone who’s been getting their diamond chest every week since the patch. They can never catch up unless the people ahead of them stop playing the game and let them catch up. If anything this current system will disincentivize future bunnies from trying WvW.

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

Yes in my opinion I think old guard should have all the best stuff because they’ve put the time in. In most games the best stuff would also be superior stats and the new players would get bodied for months until they caught up gear wise. In this game it’s just aesthetics.

With the current system there’s actually more of an uphill struggle for the bunnies to get their carrots than there would be with uncapped repeatables. If a bunny hops into WvW six months from now then they’re exactly six months behind everyone who’s been getting their diamond chest every week since the patch. They can never catch up unless the people ahead of them stop playing the game and let them catch up. If anything this current system will disincentivize future bunnies from trying WvW.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6g33ji/here_is_the_time_you_need_to_get_wvw_skirmish/

you’ve still missed the point I originally made. Most people aren’t going to finish the 6th chest each week in the first place.

Also, the bonus pips for rank already provides the old guard with more value for their one hour tomorrow than it does for new players. That bonus is already plenty high enough.

not to mention the number of rewards to spend tickets on is finite, so “catching up” is irrelevant in the longest term.

(edited by Artemis Thuras.8795)

in WvW

Israel.7056

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6g33ji/here_is_the_time_you_need_to_get_wvw_skirmish/

you’ve still missed the point I originally made. Most people aren’t going to finish the 6th chest each week in the first place.

But I will. All my friends will. We will finish diamond every single week we play this game unless we are either too ill to log on or quit the game. Many of us do have the time and the will to do so. Already there are people two weeks behind in terms of tickets. In a few weeks I’ll have my first t2 set and in some amount of time after that I’ll have my first set of t3. Someone entering the game at that point will be so far behind me that they’ll never be able to catch up. This does not encourage new bunnies to try the game mode in the future. Basically we’ll get whoever we get now and maybe keep them. Get in now or forever be behind. That’s not good for bunnies they don’t like that sort of thing.

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

Also, the bonus pips for rank already provides the old guard with more value for their one hour tomorrow than it does for new players. That bonus is already plenty high enough.

not to mention the number of rewards to spend tickets on is finite, so “catching up” is irrelevant in the longest term.

But I will. All my friends will. We will finish diamond every single week we play this game unless we are either too ill to log on or quit the game. Many of us do have the time and the will to do so. Already there are people two weeks behind in terms of tickets. In a few weeks I’ll have my first t2 set and in some amount of time after that I’ll have my first set of t3. Someone entering the game at that point will be so far behind me that they’ll never be able to catch up. This does not encourage new bunnies to try the game mode in the future. Basically we’ll get whoever we get now and maybe keep them. Get in now or forever be behind. That’s not good for bunnies they don’t like that sort of thing.

Again.. Reading is hard. I see why you have so much free time to play wvw.

in WvW

Israel.7056

not to mention the number of rewards to spend tickets on is finite, so “catching up” is irreverent in the longest term.

I don’t think that that rank bonus is high enough I’d personally give higher ranks even more. But this is an argument of taste neither of us can logically argue a preference.

The word btw is “irrelevant” and you added that part in an edit.

This is not a well thought out objection though as there are an infinite number of potential carrots that they could add in the future. The sense of a finite number of things to get is always illusory in an MMORPG.

This is how Anet can create a “gear treadmill” without actually adding statistical benefits. They will wait until a certain percentage of the population has finished t3 and Warbringer and then they’ll just add more time gated stuff. Then we’ll get a new wave of bunnies and the cycle continues ad infinitum.

Reading may be hard but it appears logic is even harder.

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

not to mention the number of rewards to spend tickets on is finite, so “catching up” is irreverent in the longest term.

I don’t think that that rank bonus is high enough I’d personally give higher ranks even more. But this is an argument of taste neither of us can logically argue a preference.

The word btw is “irrelevant” and you added that part in an edit.

This is not a well thought out objection though as there are an infinite number of potential carrots that they could add in the future. The sense of a finite number of things to get is always illusory in an MMORPG.

This is how Anet can create a “gear treadmill” without actually adding statistical benefits. They will wait until a certain percentage of the population has finished t3 and Warbringer and then they’ll just add more time gated stuff. Then we’ll get a new wave of bunnies and the cycle continues ad infinitum.

Reading may be hard but it appears logic is even harder.

That isn’t logic, that’s just greed. “I want more money in case something comes along that I want”. You simply don’t like it because you, with your huge free time investment can’t vastly outpace everyone else.

in WvW

Israel.7056

That isn’t logic, that’s just greed. “I want more money in case something comes along that I want”. You simply don’t like it because you, with your huge free time investment can’t vastly outpace everyone else.

First of all, I don’t think there’s anything necessarily wrong with being greedy. But that’s not what this is about for me. For me this is more about input/output. You put the time in you deserve something better than people who don’t. Equalizing output regardless of input is never a good idea.

But if I were greedy I’d want to keep things exactly as they are because as it stands there is no foreseeable future path for anyone to ever catch up to me unless they started when I did. In this way I stay ahead as long as I continue to show up and get my diamond chest, which is easy for me to do. Before you mention the finite number of things again, might I remind you that at present we’re talking like two years to finish everything. Two years. And they can always add more stuff.

I’m going to get my shinies unless I’m too sick to play or I quit. The only thing repeatable tickets would do is allow me to get them faster. But it would also give anyone who didn’t start right at patch a path to try to catch up with me. To me this is clearly the superior option as it allows for disproportionate output for disproportionate input.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I’m a regular too and I think everything is fine as it is.

I will also have my diamond chest this week before the end of the week and guess what? It changes nothing.

If you were playing that game before because you enjoyed it, it also shouldn’t matter one bit. The game is still the same, you just get an additional reward as you play.

Beside, that there is a limit to what you can get each week prevent you from burning through everything so fast and then complain that there is nothing left to do.

It is already bad enough to see all these players hoping map to find outnumbered ones just before a tick. If you can reach diamond by playing naturally, it will limit the amount of players that will feel “forced” to use such pathetic strategies.

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

You put the time in you deserve something better than people who don’t. Equalizing output regardless of input is never a good idea.

no participation = no loot.. Moot argument.

But if I were greedy I’d want to keep things exactly as they are because as it stands there is no foreseeable future path for anyone to ever catch up to me unless they started when I did. In this way I stay ahead as long as I continue to show up and get my diamond chest, which is easy for me to do. Before you mention the finite number of things again, might I remind you that at present we’re talking like two years to finish everything. Two years. And they can always add more stuff.

two years yes, if (and ONLY IF) you want every single thing you can buy.

The only thing repeatable tickets would do is allow me to get them faster.

exactly. You want them faster. To vastly outpace everyone else. Which you will do compared to most people anyway – as most people don’t have the sheer time investment to farm that many pips every single week.

But it would also give anyone who didn’t start right at patch a path to try to catch up with me.

Only if they were to invest huge, huge amounts of time.

To me this is clearly the superior option as it allows for disproportionate output for disproportionate input.

You are already getting more loot for more input. (edit: and, if you do seriously put in that much time, you still get the repeatable chest giving more loot, just not tickets, which are essentially a hard upper limit time gate.)
Again.. You want tickets faster. To vastly outpace everyone else. You’re entire argument is centred around this point.

in WvW

Israel.7056

Ok let’s for a second grant that my goal is to vastly outpace everyone, what is wrong with that?

As you’ve already pointed out I’m already going to do it eventually, how do you logically justify this seemingly nebulous sense of exactly how long that process should take?

What does it matter if it takes me six months or six weeks?

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

Ok let’s for a second grant that my goal is to vastly outpace everyone, what is wrong with that?

As you’ve already pointed out I’m already going to do it eventually, how do you logically justify this seemingly nebulous sense of exactly how long that process should take?

What does it matter if it takes me six months or six weeks?

I’m not an anet employee. I can’t tell you why we have time gates in this game.
I can take some guesses at it, but that’s all. It’s not my job to justify them.

edit: also, you just justified it yourself

in WvW

Israel.7056

I think I know why Anet likes time gates. Time gates artificially extend the life of game content. They know, for instance, that it will take at least 14 weeks for anyone to finish the Warbringer precursor. If they had repeatable ticket chests then someone could theoretically get it in far less time and the life of the content would be diminished.
Time gating makes sense from a game development perspective.

But that’s not the rationale you seem to be using here. You seem to be thinking that new players will be discouraged from participating if they know that there are people out there who will be getting things faster than them? But then you’ve already acknowledged that’s going to happen anyways. So what’s the line of reasoning here?

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

I think I know why Anet likes time gates. Time gates artificially extend the life of game content. They know, for instance, that it will take at least 14 weeks for anyone to finish the Warbringer precursor. If they had repeatable ticket chests then someone could theoretically get it in far less time and the life of the content would be diminished.
Time gating makes sense from a game development perspective.

But that’s not the rationale you seem to be using here. You seem to be thinking that new players will be discouraged from participating if they know that there are people out there who will be getting things faster than them? But then you’ve already acknowledged that’s going to happen anyways. So what’s the line of reasoning here?

don’t twist my words. I see what happened here. You’ve mixed up 3-4 different lines of argument.

the first, is the cap serves as a time gate – one which most people won’t reach most weeks because it takes so many hours.

The second, is that currently the rewards are so slow for low ranked players, they are struggling to make meaningful progress. Which is discouraging.

The third (which is closely related to the second) is, raising the cap would mean anet has to more carefully consider what they do when altering pip gains. Especially if the repeatable chest were to contain tickets.

The fourth, is meanwhile you’re still able to get everything in the repeatable chest if you are one of those outliers..

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Nope, I think it’s fine as is, just wish the loyalty bonus would have been up this week as I’ve been on the same server 60-70% of my WvW activity and have been on it for over a year and a half.

It already takes a long time (~20hrs) to get the final tickets of the week unless playing at a weird time and getting the outmanned buff which most won’t ever get. I like WvW and choose to play it when I can but I also enjoy other things in GW2 like raids and fractals and I don’t have 10 hours a day to play GW2 like some people in this thread seem to have. The cap ensures I can get my rewards at the weekend then do other stuff during the rest of the week when I only get to play 3-4 hours without missing out on anything.