Free Banner Movement (FBM)- LF Active Guilds/GMs/Officers to Give Free Banners/Buffs to Your Server

Free Banner Movement (FBM)- LF Active Guilds/GMs/Officers to Give Free Banners/Buffs to Your Server

in Guilds

Posted by: Goel.9127

Goel.9127

My name/main character is Goel Lightfire, and I am the GM of Skyfires <SKYF> on Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP).

Roughly 1-2 times a week, I have been distributing free buff banners to NSP, planting them in Divinity’s Reach in the plaza by Minister’s Waypoint (Bank/TP location). I do this because I love being generous and helping other players out.

Towards this end, I am creating the Free Banner Movement (FBM). I am looking for active guilds/GMs/officers across all servers who will commit to occasionally (1-2 times/week) distributing free buff banners at major cities, WvW or large dynamic events.

By doing this, you will be:

1. Helping other players
  2. Improving your server’s community and the GW2 atmosphere
  3. Publicizing your guild
  4. Improving your guild reputation on your server
  5. Recruiting opportunities
  6. Receiving tips from banners
  7. Enjoying the joy of giving

(Also, in guild recruitment broadcasts/topics, you can advertise you are a member of the Free Banner Movement. One of my goals is that enough guilds would join the movement that being a member would be good PR for your guild and improve the effectiveness of your recruitment efforts.)

The commitment is this: Your guild commits to give out at least 1 free banner a week in a public, heavily trafficked location on your server.

That’s it. 50 influence is cheap, so even small guilds can do this. You are more than welcome to pick which types of banners to give out, and you are more than welcome to use the free banner for recruiting, public relations and to receive tips.

(Personally, I have been tipped generously for posting banners. I have received over 20s for 4 banners so far, all of which has gone back into guild influence to buy more banners. Many thanks to those players – you know who you are.)

NOTE: This is NOT an guild alliance – this is a movement of guilds who want to be generous and give back to the GW2 community.

This operates on the honor code, so if you commit, please follow through or ask that your guild be removed from the list.

If you are interested in committing to providing free banners to your server, please post in this topic, direct message me or contact me in-game (Goel Lightfire, NSP) and I will add you to the movement as an active member. Please include your Guild Name, Type (PvE, PvP, WvW, PvX, etc.), your primary Contact and where you will primarily be distributing banners (DR, LA, WvW, etc.).

Thanks!

~Goel

80 Guardian
Founder, “Free Buff Movement” [BUFF], BG

(edited by Goel.9127)

in Guilds

Goel.9127

This post is reserved as a list for:

Active Members of the Free Banners Movement:

Northern Shiverpeaks

Guild Name: Skyfires <SKYF>
Type: PvX
Banner Location(s): Divinity’s Reach – Minister’s Waypoint

Crystal Desert

Guild: Whispers of Acoma
Banner Locations: Lion’s Arch primarily, but we also use Dungeon Entrances.

Gate of Madness

Guild Name: The Nights Watch
Banner Locations: Rata Sum – Metrical Court WP, near the instance to the arcane council

Stormbluff Island

Guild Name: Dragons of Anarchy
Banner Location(s): Hoelbrak (Great Lodge Waypoint)

Server Not Listed

Guild Name: Warriors Alliance
Type: PvE/PvP/WvW/Dungeons etc
Banner Location: Rata Sum

80 Guardian

(edited by Goel.9127)

in Guilds

Posted by: Kayg Hunter.7849

Kayg Hunter.7849

Crystal Desert

Guild: Whispers of Acoma
Banner Locations: Lion’s Arch primarily, but we also use Dungeon Entrances.

I think the idea of a Non Alliance group of guilds supporting and improving community is a great idea. We all have our Guilds and Alliances from GW1 or from others games dedicated to their own causes. This idea has merit and I hope it takes off.

Edit: Only thought of this after I logged into game. I am sure other guilds are doing this already, I know we have one it since 25th August, so I think if enough guilds do join up to FBM on any given server, maybe between the guilds they can organise who will drop what banners in what locations? So the aim hopefully is that there will be one of each banner in as many locations as possible, rather than having 200 banners in LA and no banners elsewhere. Or worse, all the banners are the same… I don’t think they stack do they?

(edited by Kayg Hunter.7849)

in Guilds

Goel.9127

Thanks very much for being the second guild (first not counting mine ) – I hope it takes off too. Please feel free to invite other guilds to do this as well if the opportunity arises – direct them to me and/or this post, and I’ll get them on the roster.

I agree – coordination would be good for guilds that have multiple FBM members on the same server. That could be done through the contact personnel on the roster of FBM between the two guilds /whispering to make sure they’re on the same page.

They don’t stack, so having guilds divide which banners they give out is a great idea.

80 Guardian

in Guilds

Posted by: TheMagicTouch.4398

TheMagicTouch.4398

Gate of Madness

Guild Name: The Nights Watch
Banner Location(s): Rata Sum – Metrical Court WP, near the instance to the arcane council

Hope this catches on, it’s a great idea.

in Guilds

Posted by: MrGotty.8952

MrGotty.8952

Guild Name: Warriors Alliance
Type: PvE/PvP/WvW/Dungeons etc
Banner Location: Rata Sum

Sounds like really fun idea, hope it picks up!

in Guilds

Posted by: FireoX.7546

FireoX.7546

Server: Stormbluff Island

Guild Name: Dragons of Anarchy
Banner Location(s): Hoelbrak (Great Lodge Waypoint)

It is a great idea. I own a small guild but it is something we could easily do.