11/21/2016 – November 21 Release Notes
Taimi made a major breakthrough in Rata Novus when she discovered that magic can be broken into spectrums, which led her to speculate that the remaining dragons are absorbing each other’s power. She sent the commander to the Fire Islands to collect a recent destroyer sample in hopes of testing her theory. The expedition was a success, but the group was compelled to leave when a vision from Glint’s egg called them back to Tarir…just in time to see Aurene hatch! The celebration was short-lived, however. A mursaat named Lazarus crashed the party, claiming his rebirth had changed him and that he now wanted to side with the new guild and stand against the dragons. The commander declined the alliance, but Marjory was intrigued and left with Lazarus. Now, with Jormag also on the rise, the commander has to brave the bitter cold to see how the new theory of magic absorption affects the merciless ice dragon. Bundle up!
New Legendary Shield: Shooshadoo
A new legendary weapon is now available. Speak to Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs in Lion’s Arch to learn how to craft the new shield precursor Friendship, and forge the new legendary shield Shooshadoo.
- A new fractal is accessible through the Mistlock Observatory. You may now delve into the Nightmare.
- A new Nightmare fractal achievement category has been added under the Fractals of the Mists achievement panel.
- New rewards are available from BLING-9009 in the Mistlock Observatory.
- Enterprising adventurers have attracted the attention of the Harbinger.
- Instead of depending on scale, the path will be random with an equal chance for the dolphin or dark path*.*
- The fire tornadoes in the boss chamber have had their hit boxes improved. It is now easier to dodge them.
- The pulsing-orb lightning attacks on the stairs before Old Tom have been reworked.
- Hit boxes have been reduced.
- Damage is now a flat -80% of your total health.
- Damage is not applied to pets.
- Players who are downed and teleport will now instantly revive.
- The dredge in the Underground Facility have opened their eyes and can now be blinded.
- The Champion Inquest Technician has had its health reduced by 60%.
- The objective timer for the final 25% will now show at all fractal scale tiers, not just the master tier.
- Lava no longer deals damage to dead players.
- A new daily recommended achievement for tier-3 fractals has been added. Completing this achievement awards a Fractal Expert’s Research Chest.
- Fractal Expert’s Research Chest: contains a Pristine Fractal Relic, 2 +1 Agony Infusions, 2 Resonating Slivers, 3 Fractal Encryptions, and a Fractal Research Page.
- Daily fractal achievements have been moved to live under the Daily achievements category.
- Mistlock Singularities now repair all equipped gear when used.
- Mistlock Singularities now apply Infinite Fractal Potion effects, provided the player has an Infinite Fractal Potion in their inventory.
- No Pain, No Gain now applies fury instead of stability.
- We noticed that the random application of stability in defiance break bars felt like an uncounterable punishment against certain attacks. The removal of stability in favor of fury should retain the threat of the boon’s application without feeling unfair.
- Social Awkwardness now applies a flat 70% multiplicative incoming healing reduction regardless of stack count, and it now outputs damage to the combat log.
- Added an Infinite Mist Omnipotion that can be created by combining Infinite Mist Offensive, Defensive, and Mobility Potions in the Mystic Forge with Gifts of Ascension.
- Fixed an issue where the Mistlock Observatory jumping puzzle awarded participation for the wrong jumping puzzle.
- Added a Potion Refunds tab to Dessa’s Alchemist that allows you to gain a fraction of the value in Fractal Relics in exchange for unwanted potions.
- Removed the ascended aquabreather recipes from Cracked Fractal Encryption. The recipes can be purchased from BUY-4373.
- Player skills will now reset their cooldowns when a party wipes inside the Fractals of the Mists.
- The Mai Trin timed mote for the Ad Infinitum legendary backpack has been moved to scale 98.
- The fractal scale selection UI will now disable action camera while it’s open.
World vs. World
- There is now an option under Competitive to turn on WvW simple nameplates.
- WvW simple nameplates turn enemies’ or all players’ nameplates into circles to help reduce nameplate clutter.
- Upgraded objectives now reward more war score per tick and when captured.
- Points per Tick/Capture:
- Sentries and shrines now grant 2 war score on capture.
- The chests at the end of reward tracks now stack.
- Plush Griffon Tonics have been disabled in WvW.
- Fixed a bug in which auto turrets and supply depots sometimes took damage.
- Fixed a bug in which the wrong skill effects for enemies were playing for mortar Fire Incendiary Shells.
- Fixed a bug in which Presence of the Keep wasn’t applying correctly.
- Fixed a bug in which players could sometimes earn 40 supply from Presence of the Keep.
- Fixed a bug that prevented glider deployment animations from playing in some situations.
- Repeatable hearts are now properly tracked by map complete.
- Players will now drop bundles they’re holding if they disconnect from the game.
- The legendary shield Flameseeker Prophecies has received an updated projectile effect.
- A guild commendation vendor has been added to all guild halls.
Structured Player vs. Player
- The chests at the end of reward tracks now stack.
- Creatures in Bloodstone Fen will no longer be able to throw rocks at flying players 6,000 units away. Their range has been reduced to 2,000 units.
- A Petrified Wood home instance node is now available for purchase in Ember Bay.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
- A new Crystalline Dragon Wings Backpack Glider Combo is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 700 gems.
- The following items are 20% off for one week only: the Aviator Quaggan Mail Carrier in the Upgrades category; the Warrior Quaggan Backpack Set, Plush Quaggan Backpack, Fuzzy Quaggan Hat, and the Fuzzy Quaggan Hat with Bow in the Style category; and the Bazaar Quaggan Mini Pack in the Toys category of the Gem Store.
- The Toxic Dye Kit has returned for a limited time in the Special category of the Gem Store for 125 gems.
- The Toxic Gloves and Toxic Mantle skins have returned for a limited time in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems each.
- The Black Lion Chest has been updated and can be previewed for a full list of its contents.
- Frozen Exotic Weapon Fragments have been added as the new guaranteed seasonal item.
- The Braham’s Wolfblood Outfit is available as an uncommon drop for the duration of this seasonal change.
- The Bitterfrost Vantage Point item has been added as an uncommon drop for the duration of this seasonal change.
- Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock will no longer grant the following unlocks.
- Mini Queen Jennah: Obtained from character’s first birthday chests.
- Mini Clockheart: Obtained from the Twilight Arbor achievement only.
- Exalted armor pieces: A crafted armor above the rare limit.
- Shadow Assassin Short Bow: No longer counted separately from the Merciless Short Bow.