200.000 chattering = 740g to NPC

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Lahel.6381

Lahel.6381

Okay so I’m fairly annoyed. I’m not good at making gold, at all (I’m good at spending it though), so when I see that I can get a rather nice looking shield in this event throught participating in the event, which is quite enjoyable until you realise that you are gonna be needing a 100.000 skulls/nougat/fangs to get the recipe and then after that learns through the wiki you will need another 100.00 to actually craf the weapon, add on top of that 10.000 candy corn.

Now I made the math, for each skull you can get 37 copper by vendoring it to the NPC, so I’ll convert that to silver

0.37*(100.000+100.000) = 74.000 silver

divide it by 100 to get it in gold it amasses to 740 gold.

Let’s say it was feasible to get all the materials for the weapon, who in their right mind would actually use it to get the recipe and the shield/weapon when you could get 7 shields (the mad moon is currently 94g on the TP) for the amount of 1.

(edited by Lahel.6381)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Anet never, ever think their holiday recipe numbers through. Or their ticket prices.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I want one of the dev’s that decided on this rubbish to go and actually farm them up. If they aren’t willing to do it and it’s their own creation, they shouldn’t expect their players to be willing to do it either.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

For what it’s worth, this has precedence in the Holographic Dragon Wings, where it was far, FAR easier just to buy them off the TP than farm 100 Jorbreakers. :P

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Anet solution to this issue will be to lower the vendor price.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

-correctly applying math to solve a practical question-

You win all my internet points for the day.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I agree with Aberrant, if Arena Net do not do it themselves then it should not be in the game.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

That’s so ridiculous to farm for an existing item that people already have that they paid much less for.

I suspect one of the following must be true:

1. The complete finish items drop in the dungeon (crossing, etc)
2. The upgraded nougat drops in the dungeon, OR
3. There already exist or will exist new season 2 weapon skins with recipes available at a price more in line with hat players paid last year.
4. Materials or recipes will be made available to the player as part of living story.

Most of the time is pays to rush content in guild wars, now might not be one of those times.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

2. The upgraded nougat drops in the dungeon,

this seems to be true; except in the labyrinth; got two tyrias best nougats from one door event; im guessing the other variations may drop too

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

Anet must be thinking that since they are event items people are willing to pay great amounts of cash for them. But it seems they are completely wrong, and we should help them realise it by keeping these like threads alive!

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

in Blood and Madness

Lahel.6381

Anet must be thinking that since they are event items people are willing to pay great amounts of cash for them. But it seems they are completely wrong, and we should help them realise it by keeping these like threads alive!

Their logic is flawed

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Where are the crafting recipes? I’m failing at search this morning.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Blood and Madness

Lahel.6381

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Gift_of_Souls
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Gift_of_Spiders
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Gift_of_the_Moon

Each requires 10,000 Candy Corn and 100,000 Fangs/Nougats/Skulls.

Edit: Actually 20,000 Candy Corn, cause you need 10,000 to make the recipe and another 10,000 to make the item.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

The requirements are ridiculous, no one in their right mind will waste time for this stuff.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

I feel like I have to write this on every forum thread.. the items that are 1000 x the old items drop from mobs. So you can get 200 drops and get recipe and not spend 700 gold.

in Blood and Madness

Lahel.6381

from hours of farming I have yet to see a gibbering skull, high quality fang or the nougat

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I feel like I have to write this on every forum thread.. the items that are 1000 x the old items drop from mobs. So you can get 200 drops and get recipe and not spend 700 gold.

Or you can drop 200 precursors, sell them on tp, and buy the weapon you want directly.
(meaning: i have yet to see one of the upgraded components drop – and i farmed the labyrinth quite extensively. I think they are limited to the once/day boss chests anyway).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

from hours of farming I have yet to see a gibbering skull, high quality fang or the nougat

This^^

in Blood and Madness

nekretaal.6485

My gift of the moon (from the recipe I made last year) used the ingredients from last year (such as the TA tokens).

Maybe the new gift of the moon makes a different weapon or an ascended weapon?

Le sigh. I wish they just re skinned the old skin orange or red and called it a new weapon.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BondageBill.4021

BondageBill.4021

Agreed. The material costs for these event weapons is off the charts. It is currently far, far cheaper to buy The Crossing for 200G on the TP than to purchase the required materials.

“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

My gift of the moon (from the recipe I made last year) used the ingredients from last year (such as the TA tokens).

Le sigh. I wish they just re skinned the old skin orange or red and called it a new weapon.

If you unlocked the recipe last year, you can still make the weapons, and I don’t think it has been changed, has it? The only recipe which has been changed is the recipe to make the Gift of X recipe sheets. So your gift of the moon will still make a moon shield or whatever its called

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

If you unlocked the recipe last year, you can still make the weapons, and I don’t think it has been changed, has it? The only recipe which has been changed is the recipe to make the Gift of X recipe sheets. So your gift of the moon will still make a moon shield or whatever its called

Supposedly, that’s how it works, yes. The only thing that’s changed is the recipe to learn how to craft the Gift. The ingredients for the Gift itself are the same.

I guess the solution then is to ignore the new “recipes” and find someone who can already craft the Gift recipe from last year, give them the ingredients and let them craft the weapon for you if you actually want these weapons for any sort of reasonable price.

Too bad GW2 doesn’t have any safe trading mechanism in place, so that alternative, while actually reasonable in price (as opposed to the absolute insanity of trying to make the recipe now), runs the risk of getting you scammed.

EDIT: Hmm, seems the Gifts aren’t account-bound. I could have sworn they were, but I guess not. So I guess the option for people who don’t have the recipe already is to buy the Gift off the TP, then. Nice little “boost” for those people because they now have a semi-exclusive ability to craft the thing, because I can pretty much guarantee no one will be learning the recipe now unless they just buy it off the TP (which is still much cheaper than getting the 100k materials to craft it with the Forge).

(edited by Electro.4173)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Did we collaborate on this? Is this collaboration?

The table is a fable.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Erichermit.6018

Erichermit.6018

It’s much easier to swallow if you simply think to yourself that the Recipe Sheet is now a discontinued item.

The weapons themselves are not discontinued items, however. Plenty of people made recipes or ate them in the past and will readily jump on the possibility of turning 500 Dungeon tokens into a pile of gold.

Competition among Halloween Weapon crafters will never allow this to go absolutely bonkers. After all, 500 Dungeon tokens is not very hard to obtain.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

same here, quote myself, regarding to reddit;
wait, what? the old weapon recipes still work and 100 000 items are only for the spide etc recipe? so… if i find someone with the recipe he can craft it for me, can´t he?
so THATS why the price doesnt skyrocket that mutch? lol@ anet. that´s not making a skin rare… it´s just giving the old player more gold ..

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It’s pitiful, but you’re right; it’s more enjoyable to just call the recipe supply dead and either cough up the money for it, or find someone who does know it to work with in making the weapon. Not exactly ideal, but still preposterously more enjoyable and feasible than actually farming for the new recipes.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Those that got the gift recipe before this patch (as long as you had the ingredients you could get it at any time, got mine month or two ago) are in luck, still the loadstones alone do not make actually crafting and/or selling (a crafted version of) the weapon worthwhile right now. But hopefully sometime down the line that will change.

The refined Halloween materials are obviously another effort to normalize the amount of Halloween materials in the market. Sadly I think they did not properly consider people who just want to get rewarded for playing the content not through farming or the TP 15k candy corn for 20 slot bag is ridiculous.

The economy needed a material sink particularly for candy corn, but this is very much overkill.

Edit: looking into Mad Moon specifically, it seems to have been incorrectly updated. The requirements for crafting the recipe changed to 100k, but the wiki lists the ingredients used in the recipe the same as the ingredients used to get the recipe. It is unlikely this is correct information.

The only items that changed were the materials needed to combine in the mystic forge to discover the recipes for the Gift of Spiders, Souls and Moon.

The materials needed to craft the gifts from the recipe itself and the items needed to craft the resulting weapons has not changed.

(edited by Crise.9401)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I think the whole point of this is NOT to farm them up. The whole point of it was to get rid of all the EXTRA candy and bags from last year. Of course this is of no use to anyone that was not here last year or who really wants these items but that’s my thought process on all of this…….

-shrug- all I can hope to try for is the mini and even then I’m not sure it’s worth trying for…

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

So happy I bought recipe BEFORE the update, then I had to do something else and abandoned my The Corssing farm. Now I remain with the cheap recipe :P

in Blood and Madness

nekretaal.6485

The 15k bag is 10g when candy corn hits 7c, which it might if the Halloween stuff continues to be farmed or the whole month. It was less than 7c most of last year.

There isn’t that much stuff to spend the corn on right now other than food.

I’m going to halfheartedly try for the mini and hope that ante puts in new craft able skins for this year.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I did think the materials for the holiday weapons was rather steep, as such, I’m not making it a point to farm this stuff. I’m just going to play, and if I get enough stuff cool, if not, oh well. Same as last year.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Blood and Madness

VOLKON.1290

Edit: Actually 20,000 Candy Corn, cause you need 10,000 to make the recipe and another 10,000 to make the item.

Is one of these for the greatsword with the bats coming out of it?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

No. The Bat greatsword is skin you get via Black Lion Claim tickets or buy from the TP. Its called Chiroptophobia Greatsword Skin.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’d have to agree with a general sense that this is to push us to buy gems. Just the other day in LA map chat a person said they’ve bought 10k+ gems with in game gold. Yet, I’ve actually bought over 10k gems with cash and still feel well behind the wealth curve. Inflation in this game is being promoted too. Maybe all of this is to make us feel pressured into buying gems.

All I know for sure is, even with using the birthday boost and having near 200% MF, my drops weren’t that great in the Labyrinth.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I’d have to agree with a general sense that this is to push us to buy gems. Just the other day in LA map chat a person said they’ve bought 10k+ gems with in game gold. Yet, I’ve actually bought over 10k gems with cash and still feel well behind the wealth curve. Inflation in this game is being promoted too. Maybe all of this is to make us feel pressured into buying gems.

All I know for sure is, even with using the birthday boost and having near 200% MF, my drops weren’t that great in the Labyrinth.

I have also noticed that bag drops both in and out of the maze are a lot worse than last year too. Also I am sure we got a lot more candy in the bags last year than we do now.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Blood and Madness

VOLKON.1290

No. The Bat greatsword is skin you get via Black Lion Claim tickets or buy from the TP. Its called Chiroptophobia Greatsword Skin.

Well poo. That’s the one I probably would have tried to grind out.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Well poo. That’s the one I probably would have tried to grind out.

Well you can still grind it, it’s just now you need to grind gold for gems or gold for the tp.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

You must remember that numbers are calculated based on the highest earners.

If there’s some farm that will neat an amount of coin higher than anywhere else, and there’s people doing endless loops in there, earning way more than the average player going around doing events, fractals, WvW and the occasional dungeon, what they earn becomes the baseline.

For them, those 740g are nothing. They get money doing things like selling the occasional precursor they got from transmuting countless drops they got from killing the same 5-7 champions over and over and ooover again while they watch some series and barely pay attention to the game.

This means that unless you do the same to earn the same, or buy gems, you’ll be left out from these things.

Some people have over 1000g, the rest get screwed up. That’s just how it is.

The cheaper ones in the trading post are probably drops from chests in the Labyrinth. They must be dropping enough so the prices go down.

So the recipes that were should be an alternative for those unlucky with drops or poor to get the stuff from the TP are actually… a huge waste.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Next

Hey guys, looks like the update notes were incorrect. These recipes do not require 100 of the mega materials, they require 10 (that’s 10,000 not 100,000 fangs/skulls/nougat). Sorry for the confusion! We are getting the update notes fixed!

Lead Designer – Living World

in Blood and Madness

Lahel.6381

For the love of god, what a typo…

in Blood and Madness

SpyderArachnid.5619

Hey guys, looks like the update notes were incorrect. These recipes do not require 100 of the mega materials, they require 10 (that’s 10,000 not 100,000 fangs/skulls/nougat). Sorry for the confusion! We are getting the update notes fixed!

Are you fixing them in game as well?

Because whether the updates notes say 10 or 100, the items in game say 100. So changing the update notes won’t matter unless you fix them in game as well.

And if this was a mistake, then why wasn’t it fixed awhile ago when this was first mentioned in all the threads complaining about it? Why wait until now to admit this was incorrect instead of yesterday when this issue was brought up?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

Because whether the updates notes say 10 or 100, the items in game say 100. So changing the update notes won’t matter unless you fix them in game as well.

And if this was a mistake, then why wasn’t it fixed awhile ago when this was first mentioned in all the threads complaining about it? Why wait until now to admit this was incorrect instead of yesterday when this issue was brought up?

because Anet?… or human error?no use complaining now unless they dont fix it

in Blood and Madness

SpyderArachnid.5619

My concern is this.

They created a big ol’ thread on collaborative development and how they listen to our feedback and read the threads on these forums.

Yet since this update launched, people have been upset with the amount of grind required to get these weapons. There has been a lot of threads on this same subject in this section. All of them talk about how you need 100,000 materials to make these items. Numbers up the wazoo in all these threads about this “bug”.

The problem is, if this was indeed a “bug” that needed to be “fixed”, and if they do indeed read the threads and listen to our concerns/feedback, why wasn’t this brought up the instant it became an issue? If they honestly do read the threads and listen to us, they should/would of known about this the second we brought it up.

The event has been out for well over a day now, and they are just now acknowledging this “error”? An “error” that we have been talking about a lot since this event first started? Right away this raises the flag that they really aren’t listening to us and really don’t read the threads, or else they would of known about this “error” and would of done something about it yesterday instead of now (seeing as this is a rather large “error”).

And just to add a little fyi here, we didn’t get a patch in game for this, and asked around in game, and it is still 100k to make, not 10k.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The event has been out for well over a day now, and they are just now acknowledging this “error”? An “error” that we have been talking about a lot since this event first started? Right away this raises the flag that they really aren’t listening to us and really don’t read the threads, or else they would of known about this “error” and would of done something about it yesterday instead of now (seeing as this is a rather large “error”).

Unless information within ANet moves with all the speed of molasses in January, which is what I hope the real problem is. The people reading the feedback needed to get with the people that established the numbers, find out if it was really supposed to be that high, find out what the correct numbers are, and THEN they could get back to us. I can see that taking about a day.

PS: It’s not wise to take the speed of molasses lightly, even in January. It moves faster than you think.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Molasses_Disaster

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

My concern is this.

They created a big ol’ thread on collaborative development and how they listen to our feedback and read the threads on these forums.

Yet since this update launched, people have been upset with the amount of grind required to get these weapons. There has been a lot of threads on this same subject in this section. All of them talk about how you need 100,000 materials to make these items. Numbers up the wazoo in all these threads about this “bug”.

The problem is, if this was indeed a “bug” that needed to be “fixed”, and if they do indeed read the threads and listen to our concerns/feedback, why wasn’t this brought up the instant it became an issue? If they honestly do read the threads and listen to us, they should/would of known about this the second we brought it up.

And just to add a little fyi here, we didn’t get a patch in game for this, and asked around in game, and it is still 100k to make, not 10k.

That’s pretty common when you have large company actually.

Someone makes a typo, we bring it up. A forum mod/dev reads it and thinks ‘this can’t be right…’ and emails the appropriate people to confirm this is a typo. They take a while to email back because busy with other stuff/out of office/forgot to have outlook open, then a day later the reply comes through.

EDIT: Dang, you got it before me.

in Blood and Madness

Previous

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Next

What items say that in game? I’m poking at the items in code and I’m not seeing it. If you could point me in the right direction, I can look into getting that fixed as well.

There is a ton of feedback to filter through and raise to the appropriate people, especially after a build, so it just takes a little time. Responding to that feedback also takes time since we have a lot of work previously scheduled on other upcoming builds that is in progress throughout any given day, so it’s not like people are just sitting around waiting for things to do.

The good news is that the recipe never costed that much, no changes to the game were required.

in Blood and Madness

Previous

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Next

No patch needed. It was never 100k. I am looking at the Live code as I type this and it is most definitely not 100k.

in Blood and Madness

SpyderArachnid.5619

I’m talking about the recipes to make the items. Gift of Souls, Gift of the Moon, and Gift of Spiders.

In game, players are saying to make the recipes it takes 100, not 10.

And my concern still stands though. The problem was, you guys responded to several posts in this section of the forums and several posts everywhere else in this forums. Yet we had several threads on this same subject since release, and not once did anyone respond to it and say it was an error.

Players are over here getting upset with this, and not once did anyone decide to reassure the players that it was an error out of all the posts on this subject. Yet you guys had the time to answer random stuff in this same section instead of handling this error.

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

in Blood and Madness

Previous

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

I’m talking about the recipes to make the items. Gift of Souls, Gift of the Moon, and Gift of Spiders.

In game, players are saying to make the recipes it takes 100, not 10.

I am looking at Recipe: Gift of Souls, Recipe: Gift of the Moon, Recipe: Gift of Spiders, Gift of Souls, Gift of the Moon, and Gift of Spiders. Both the items and the crafting/mystic forge recipes themselves. No where does it say it takes 100 instead of 10. Players talking in game are incorrect based on the bad information from the update notes.

Someone makes a typo, we bring it up. A forum mod/dev reads it and thinks ‘this can’t be right…’ and emails the appropriate people to confirm this is a typo. They take a while to email back because busy with other stuff/out of office/forgot to have outlook open, then a day later the reply comes through.

That’s right! In this case, the issue of “players think this is too expensive” was raised to the coordinator of the team that worked on this update. He then raised that issue to me, the point of contact for all rewards. I said “Holy monkey face, that’s not what it was when I reviewed that stuff! Poop! What happened!? We gotta fix that asap!” and started an email thread about how to fix it, who should fix it, when we could get it into a hotfix, if we should kill switch the recipe to prevent anyone from doing it before we fix it, and discussions about pulling data in case we needed to do a refund for any poor souls who might have already done it. Then we asked the designer on that team to get in the fix and start working it through the approval process to hotfix it. It was at that point when the designer said “but it is already at 10 on Dev, not 100”. We verified that was the case in the Live code and I immediately hopped on here to post that it was a simple update notes typo while the community team worked to update the update notes. I think a days turn around is actually pretty good and I am very pleased that it was not a problem in the code, but rather a simple update notes typo.

Everything is a process. We work really hard to listen to our playerbase and be responsive to their needs. Time is always a mitigating factor and even information takes time to move from one place to another.