Backstorys and voting?!

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZinN.6124

ZinN.6124

So after ive read the 2 backstorys now how am i suppose to be voting for Evon now? After theese backstorys i dont want a backstabbing cat to win.. I do want the abbadon fractal but not the backstabbing cat in the council.. and i loved the southsun survival he brought.

But Ellens backstory was way more appeling to me as a story and she deserves to be in the council way more then this char!

But id love more backstory like this about Ellen tho!

I like trains

Choo choo

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Smth clearly wrong with you. Your would vote for crying girl over Evon, who single handedly saved lion arch from mindless brute?
I understand if u would vote for miss lion arch, Ellen story could have been appealing. But for the leader? Never.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

All he did was stop the Ash Legion from getting a bad name. He’s still working for profits. The gist of that story was that he didn’t want to use brute force to get money from the merchants in Lion’s Arch, he wanted to be Ash about it and be sneaky in his methods of taking money from the pirates.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Sergoros.4398

Eh. One man saved the world to get profit and he is bad. One woman cryed all day and lose parents and she is so good u would vote her for queen. Great.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

Again, he didn’t save the world. He prevented pirates from getting bullied by Ash Legion troops because that’s not the Ash Legion way. He’s still doing what he went to Lion’s Arch for, which is to take money from pirates.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Sergoros.4398

Again, he didn’t save the world. He prevented pirates from getting bullied by Ash Legion troops because that’s not the Ash Legion way. He’s still doing what he went to Lion’s Arch for, which is to take money from pirates.

I thougt, that it was obvious, that i was exaggerating, but anyway. It doesnt change anything. If it wasnt for Evon, lion arch would have been in ruins, and he even showed different aspect of war for chars. You dont have to fight to live good. Even though he getting money – he gives smth, that we all need. And it is good for both.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Kiel, reactor, inquest research in elder dragons, how creation of magic happened, chaos rift in mist co siding with open wold chaos rift.

Voting for Kiel is not all that bad.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Sergoros.4398

Anyway. Anyone noticed kiel story?
“When the water overcame her, Ellen promised the gods that she would be a good girl, forever and ever, if they would only send her parents to get her. Please, she silently pleaded. I’ll be good!”

So…i bet they died. I wonder… mby she gave up on being good that day? Also, magnus promised to get her parents back. So he failed too. I have kinda bad suspicions about her.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I thougt, that it was obvious, that i was exaggerating, but anyway. It doesnt change anything. If it wasnt for Evon, lion arch would have been in ruins, and he even showed different aspect of war for chars. You dont have to fight to live good. Even though he getting money – he gives smth, that we all need. And it is good for both.

or just gnash warband would be wiped form the surface of the earth by Lions Guard and citizens of LA – who outnumbered them very much….

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Sergoros.4398

or just gnash warband would be wiped form the surface of the earth by Lions Guard and citizens of LA – who outnumbered them very much….

Wow. U know exact numbers? Would be sweet, if u showed it to us.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Kiel, reactor, inquest research in elder dragons, how creation of magic happened, chaos rift in mist co siding with open wold chaos rift.

There won’t be rifts in the world btw.

AmateurNet

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

There is some already. By having one exist in two places at the same time(open world and mists). You create a portal. It’s a multi-dimensional object.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I don’t see how having a sad back story shows any credentials to deserve being in a council seat.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

Warbands typically have five to ten members, but can grow up to twenty. When a warband becomes large enough, the legionnaire splits the warband into two separate warbands.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

Anyway. Anyone noticed kiel story?
“When the water overcame her, Ellen promised the gods that she would be a good girl, forever and ever, if they would only send her parents to get her. Please, she silently pleaded. I’ll be good!”

So…i bet they died. I wonder… mby she gave up on being good that day? Also, magnus promised to get her parents back. So he failed too. I have kinda bad suspicions about her.

Every time Kiel opens her mouth it’s to deliver a Sailor Moon love and justice speech. I don’t think she gave up on being good, I think she gave up on having a personality.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

Every time Kiel opens her mouth it’s to deliver a Sailor Moon love and justice speech.

For Love and Justice, a pirate suited pretty Kiel, Inspector Moon! In the name of the Moon, I shall punish you!
For Love and Justice, a pirate suited pretty KIel, Inspector Chibi-Moon! In the name of the Future Moon, I shall punish you!
For Love and Intellect, a pirate suited pretty Kiel, Inspector Mercury! In the name of Mercury, douse yourself in water and repent!
For Love and Spirit, a pirate suited pretty Kiel, Inspector Mars! In the name of Mars, I shall chastise you with the fiery truth!
For Love and Strength, a pirate suited pretty Kiel, Inspector Jupiter! In the name of Jupiter, I shall shock you with the fury of nature!
For Love and Fame, a pirate suited pretty Kiel, Inspector Venus! In the name of Venus, I shall entrance you!
For Love and Duty, a pirate suited pretty duo Kiel, Inspectors Uranus! In the name of Uranus, I shall deliver Love’s heavenly vengeance!
For Love and Duty, a pirate suited pretty duo Kiel, Inspector Neptune! In the name of Neptune, I shall graciously fight for what’s right!
For Love and Time, a pirate suited pretty Kiel, Inspector Pluto! In the name of Pluto, I shall forbid you!
For Love and Silence, a pirate suited pretty Kiel, Inspector Saturn! In the name of Saturn, I shall destroy you!

Tearing darkness apart, the vagabond shooting star, Inspector Ellen Kiel!

Note: Half of these quotes are made up to fit the theme. I did, however, research them to make sure they were somewhat relevant to the characters.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

There is some already. By having one exist in two places at the same time(open world and mists). You create a portal. It’s a multi-dimensional object.

Its a fractal its not gonna start doing things to the world like the others haven’t. It might open a portal to a boring boss in the fractal but thats about it.

AmateurNet

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

Its a fractal its not gonna start doing things to the world like the others haven’t. It might open a portal to a boring boss in the fractal but thats about it.

Anet reads the forums and are taking suggestions.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Strejda Tom.6108

Strejda Tom.6108

Fractal is just a fragment of memory. It wont change anything in existing world but if we are lucky maybe it will explain some stuff. I dont expect megaload of lore anyways.

Strejda Tom, the last unicorn.
Always remember one thing – your opinion is your opinion not fact.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

Fractal is just a fragment of memory. It wont change anything in existing world but if we are lucky maybe it will explain some stuff. I dont expect megaload of lore anyways.

“fragment of memory” in the Mists. A chaos rift from the mists leading into the Mists?

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

I’m quite sure the Living Story will progress with either Abbadon or the Thaumanova Chaos Energy creating a rip through the Fractals and corrupting the world for a short time while players must fix the mess, both in and outside of the fractal.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Lord Trejgon.2809

Warbands typically have five to ten members, but can grow up to twenty. When a warband becomes large enough, the legionnaire splits the warband into two separate warbands.

and citizens of the Lions Arch + Lion Guard are much mure numerous

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Sergoros.4398

Ok…got it. But. Do you think, that they so stupid, that char would attk lion arch with only 40 members at best? Its suspisious. Mby, If lion arch refused “protection” agreement, then whole ash legion would have been on the move? Or they had some other plan? Anyway, I still believe, that Evon saved lion arch from alot of trouble. And above that, he gives irreplacable service, that we all need.

Every time Kiel opens her mouth it’s to deliver a Sailor Moon love and justice speech. I don’t think she gave up on being good, I think she gave up on having a personality.

I wont be so sure. Is she 1-st villian playing “good”? I would say, she is to good. I see her doing good things, but i can’t feel her soul. It looks more like mechanical good to me. Also. Most of her “good” deeds accomblished nothing. She was good at southsun and now its full of crazy karkas. And she didnt help much at aetherblades.

And wasnt she supposed to guard captains at dragon bash? I mean. Yes. It was surpise. But is it to hard in magic world to organize some magic check? Espesially in such rich city, as lion arch.

(edited by Sergoros.4398)

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

So after ive read the 2 backstorys now how am i suppose to be voting for Evon now? After theese backstorys i dont want a backstabbing cat to win.. I do want the abbadon fractal but not the backstabbing cat in the council.. and i loved the southsun survival he brought.

But Ellens backstory was way more appeling to me as a story and she deserves to be in the council way more then this char!

But id love more backstory like this about Ellen tho!

Stuff like this is par for the course in Charr warbands. If you’re legionnaire is being stupid and inefficient, someone else steps in, takes them out, and assumes command. It’s may be “villainous” by human standards, but from the Charr perspective its commonplace and completely acceptable, encouraged even. Its what keeps the legions running efficiently. Heck, a Charr player even does this himself if you choose Blood Legion during character creation. Your first personal story mission is a fight to the death against your Legionnaire because your Legionnaire is a poor leader, and at the end you become Legionnaire. And Rytlock commends you for it.

And it certainly seems like Gnashfang was being stupid in this situation. He was told that his plan would absolutely not work, and his response was “Too bad, do it anyway because I’m in charge and I say so”.

As for the whole thought process of “well if Gnashblade did it to his Legionnaire he’ll act the same way in the council”… I don’t think that’s the case. Gnashblade is cunning and smart, he knows that sort of thing won’t fly on the Council. He’s going to play by the rules of the Council, not go off the hook and start killing people. If he wanted to force his way in he wouldn’t be taking part in the election (and he wouldn’t have killed Gnashfang because that’s apparently what HIS plan was).

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

Ok…got it. But. Do you think, that they so stupid, that char would attk lion arch with only 40 members at best? Its suspisious. Mby, If lion arch refused “protection” agreement, then whole ash legion would have been on the move? Or they had some other plan? Anyway, I still believe, that Evon saved lion arch from alot of trouble. And above that, he gives irreplacable service, that we all need.

Evon saved his warband, not Lion’s Arch. He saved his Warband by taking over it and killing his superior. If that’s an irreplaceable service, then Faolain and pretty much all Story Mode lore bosses are god’s (haha, that’s funny because Baelfireis trying to become a god.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Lord Trejgon.2809

Stuff like this is par for the course in Charr warbands. If you’re legionnaire is being stupid and inefficient, someone else steps in, takes them out, and assumes command. It’s may be “villainous” by human standards, but from the Charr perspective its commonplace and completely acceptable, encouraged even. Its what keeps the legions running efficiently. Heck, a Charr player even does this himself if you choose Blood Legion during character creation. Your first personal story mission is a fight to the death against your Legionnaire because your Legionnaire is a poor leader, and at the end you become Legionnaire. And Rytlock commends you for it.

actually this is the way Rytlock himself became a Tribune
at the ending part of Destiny’s Edge book this is nicely told

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

It’s not that Evon is evil for killing his legionnaire. It’s that he’s evil because the whole purpose of the Black Lion Trading Company is to extract money from the entirety of Lion’s Arch.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

…Actually, the Black Lion Trading Post is by far the best way for people to sell their valuables. People would be poorer without the trading company, and their banks filled with all kinds of trash they don’t want.

As anyone who has taken economics will tell you. “Trading within the margin benefits all parties involved.”

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

Sure, when comparing it with nothing else, but I’m quite sure people would, you know, learn how to barter and trade.

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Evon didn’t attack first (no, it is not Han vs Greedo all over again). The story makes it clear that it was a kill or die situation. She attacked him, he killed her.
If anything, that stupid Legionnaire was the backstabbing cat, since she attacked a member of her own warband for disagreeing with her and presenting a better strategy.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Backstorys and voting?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

Sure, when comparing it with nothing else, but I’m quite sure people would, you know, learn how to barter and trade.

Barter is a horrible form of trading. It’s extremely inefficient, and opens up the market for abuse of particular consumers. It’s much, better for all parties to have a central median of exchange, which the black lion trading post provides.