Just let people vote for who they want

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Why are these forums filled with so much abuse being hurled at people with different opinions? Why can’t people just acknowledge that different people like different things? That different people find different things interesting, and respect that?

It’s so tiring to see yet another thread of someone saying how ‘Abaddon will be much more interesting than some asura blowing stuff up’, or ‘Watching some human gods gang up on another? Yawn’. If you personally find one much more interesting, great, vote for that person, but don’t belittle and be so condescending just because others prefer something else; they’re not stupid, they just have different opinions and views, because that’s how the world works.

I really hope ANet doesn’t do anything like this again in the future, because it’s clear that many people playing this game are horribly close-minded.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Why are these forums filled with so much abuse being hurled at people with different opinions? Why can’t people just acknowledge that different people like different things? That different people find different things interesting, and respect that?

It’s so tiring to see yet another thread of someone saying how ‘Abaddon will be much more interesting than some asura blowing stuff up’, or ‘Watching some human gods gang up on another? Yawn’. If you personally find one much more interesting, great, vote for that person, but don’t belittle and be so condescending just because others prefer something else; they’re not stupid, they just have different opinions and views, because that’s how the world works.

I really hope ANet doesn’t do anything like this again in the future, because it’s clear that many people playing this game are horribly close-minded.

If people said they wanted to play fall of abaddon or thaumanova reactor because they felt one or the other appealed to them more, or that the waypoint/key cost reduction is something they felt resonated with them, personally I’d have no problem. Taking specific interest in a game’s direction is not a bad thing, and it open’s doors for players that they didn’t realize existed, be it lore or something else. Like you say, I hate when people use failing arguments such as “x is better than y” without any thinking, they see everything as “this is what I want and you’re an idiot for choosing otherwise”, and it’s rather arrogant. My biggest concern with it all is how weak the political scene is. Other than shinies, the candidates contribute nothing to the overall infrastructure of the game’s world, with no consequences to who takes the seat on the captain’s council. I wish they could of done more with it, they could of just of easily had a poll on the forums with “which fractal do you want for us to make at the end of the year”. The decision might come back in the long run to bite us on the back end, but it won’t matter anyways. In the long run, it’s a moot point who’s being voted in to office. If we don’t like the direction, we can quit and let the rest of the community deal with it.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Agree, let us vote for Anthony Weiner!

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Because the other choice is a stupid choice and they need to know it.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gmr Leon.1846

Gmr Leon.1846

Why are these forums filled with so much abuse being hurled at people with different opinions?

Not all of them are just expressing different opinions, they’re expressing differing beliefs regarding the resulting experience. If they were merely expressing opinions, it’d be fine, but they’re mistaking their beliefs and expectations for what the reality will be, a reality which is not yet set.

You have one side suggesting the Fall will be “epic” or that it may have us playing as the gods or that it will have new assets included, with minimal evidence. Likewise you have the other suggesting the Reactor explosion will have new effects outside the Fractal or some drastic reaction with the Mists because of the event’s replication there, again with minimal evidence. Both sides are asserting these beliefs as the likeliest results of either decision, yet they are each mostly unfounded, and as they each more fervently believe in their own side, they come to highlight the weaknesses of either of them while missing where those also appear in their own side’s beliefs.

Grydd, asuran engineer perpetually gathering materials.
Member of The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore], a guild for lore enthusiasts.
The Adventurer’s Log!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

OP sounds like the type of fool who wonders why the world is filled with so much hate poverty and killing……because we like it that way now shut up grab a machete and help me pillage and burn the nearest village or die

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Abaddon supporters are like a cult. They want a brief glimpse of their God and thats it.

Reactor supporters want new interesting lore that is still taking place in the game.

Some say Anet will get to the reactor eventually. But why put new game lore on hold?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vergil Huragok.3967

Vergil Huragok.3967

But why put new game lore on hold?

Arah Explorable- would have had better, more interesting tendrils to follow in the living story then most of the current story arcs; heck Evon’s fractals FoA is the nearest thing to any continuation of that dungeon- most of the LS so far has simply been minor events with seemingly little progression than struggles that detract from the overall threat and offer even less change to the world in which these minor threats exist

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

how pretentious that the reactor is described as “new” and “interesting”

i dont think any stupid asura experiment is interesting at all

and whats more ridiculous is that the reactor has been introduced more recently than abbadon , we have seen updates for it recently, abbadon is what hasnt been touched in a while so its “newer” to many people and they will learn to love him

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

how pretentious that the reactor is described as “new” and “interesting”

i dont think any stupid asura experiment is interesting at all

and whats more ridiculous is that the reactor has been introduced more recently than abbadon , we have seen updates for it recently, abbadon is what hasnt been touched in a while so its “newer” to many people and they will learn to love him

Choas rift to the Mists
Choas rift in the Mists
This could lead to things like a portal to the Realm of Torment.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

OP sounds like the type of fool who wonders why the world is filled with so much hate poverty and killing……because we like it that way now shut up grab a machete and help me pillage and burn the nearest village or die

Don’t mistake me for a “Why is there evil in the world D=” person, I get that not everything is all happy bunnies and the like, I just find it -especially- disgusting when people can’t even discuss a fictional election with differing rewards (Which people are bigging up -far- too much anyway, I mean it’s a fractal and not a huge, massive dungeon), without hurling abuse, calling people morons and claiming that choosing their favoured candidate is ‘common sense’. I mean I know it’s just a forum and this thread is unlikely to make any difference whatsoever, I more wanted to just highlight how badly many people on this forum act. Worse than the usual poor behaviour in forums at least.

I mean this thread is already turning into the others and a couple of posts highlight exactly what I’m on about.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

My problem is with people who have short-sighted or ill informed opinions.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever