Anti-Condition Feedback

Anti-Condition Feedback

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Since you asked…

• Flesh worm -max range- Killed by large AOE in 1 hit
  • Rigor -max range – Your solution is to have me apply a condition to him?
  • summon minions and putrid explosion- guess you’ve never used these guys, they die before they can get into explosion range
  • Signet of undeath- with the 3 second cast time and 180s CD I suppose I could use this once or twice during the whole fight if someone else casts stability on me.
  • Spectral Wall- Again… a condition…
  • Well of Power- This one is actually useful. I have been using this, but with a 50s CD it leaves a lot of down time
  • Lich Form 1,4,5- This elite skill is useable but it only lasts 20s in a 10 minute fight with a 3 min CD, again not too useful.
  • Well of Blood- A heal skill, I guess technically this can be useful to people.
  • Reapers Touch- net gain of 0 since it applies a condition again that is reflected.
  • Mark of Blood- More conditions, 4 stacks of bleeds at my condition damage is almost 3k dmg over the duration, more than the regen.
  • Spinal Shivers- another condition…
  • Corrupt Boon- He doesn’t have any boons so….
  • Plague Signet- sends conditions to my foe… yep real winner there…

Putrid explosion is awesome, even not traited the damage on it is nice and I have never had a problem getting them to hit; The spectral wall isn’t for the bad guy, allies can run through it for protection; Reaper’s Touch bounces to allies and grants regen the vulnerability means nothing to you; Mark of blood is again placed for allies, intelligently it can be used to assist where an enemy wont trigger it; Spinal Shivers was for boon removal, the chill means nothing to you (haven’t played them enough yet to know none ever have boons); Plague Signet, passively remove conditions from allies and cleanse them, its not to activate on boss in phase one.

Most skills have a primary and secondary utility. A lot of the Necros cover regen, protection and cleansing. Its not always about what you can directly do to the bad guy. Sometime you have to look at what you can do to the people that can better affect the bad guy in the current situation.

Like the Engi’s complaining they have nothing to do. Wth guys? Why aren’t you packing elixir gun, support turrets, elixirs, med packs? Be a team player for phase 1 and then do what you do on phase two knowing, without you there more people would be downed or dying in one stage and the other would take forever.

An encounter that makes players think about their approach is in no way a bad thing and very much a welcome addition to the game. We dont want to end up with a reskinned Shatterer fight every two weeks.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Just roll a warrior.

/thread

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

Ranger with passive bleeds, kills self yay

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Just roll a warrior.

/thread

Too bad warriors are hit the hardest by this boss. Oh what’s that, all your melee weapons are useless because the bosses can down you in a matter of seconds even as tank build? So sorry. What’s that, only longbow has no conditions on a regular attack? I’m doubly sorry for you.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Just roll a warrior.

/thread

Wake up from a year old meta.
/casual

Anti-Condition Feedback

Majic.4801

Don’t forget Guardians: Virtue of Justice can’t be turned off, so they end up burning themselves every five attacks. But they can shout moral support from the sidelines, so it’s all good.

And yeah, Warrior+Longbow autoattack only is the ticket. Just stand in the circles and pew-pew with everyone else.

Firing squad boss fights for the win!

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

I’m starting to think you got lucky. Ranger’s Sharpened Edges is a major trait so it can be disabled. There are several others like it for several other classes, but they’re minor traits so they can’t be disabled.

And yeah, Warrior+Longbow autoattack only is the ticket. Just stand in the circles and pew-pew with everyone else.

Except a longbow warrior can kill themselves the exact same way (Arms 5). XD

Anti-Condition Feedback

Dalanor.5387

Don’t forget Guardians: Virtue of Justice can’t be turned off, so they end up burning themselves every five attacks. But they can shout moral support from the sidelines, so it’s all good.

Use it once, forget it for 25seconds.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

An encounter that makes players think about their approach is in no way a bad thing and very much a welcome addition to the game. We dont want to end up with a reskinned Shatterer fight every two weeks.

This is less an encounter that makes me rethink my approach and more an encounter that makes me go do something else. I have better things to do than pick babies up off the floor while I wait 3-4 minutes for my turn to do anything at all to the boss.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Nope, I didn’t set that trait and I had to swap off my Shortbow to Longbow for this so I wasn’t doing condition type damage. And after I’d been retraining myself AWAY from it. Sigh. At least my pets stay upright more often than the people splashing conditions without paying attention.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

It appears that the new bosses are completely immune to condition dmg and instantly reflects it back to you.

I spent about 500g, and a month of my time fitting my necro out to do nothing constructive. I have to literally stand at the boss OOC for 10+ minutes and do nothing. My options seem to be respec or be worthless.

If you want to make things that are strong against conditions then just make them immune, the reflect is crippling to me, every weapon I own and even my auto-attack applies conditions, my only option is standing there OOC for most of the fight.

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Just another reason conditions are useless in PvE.

#fixrampagers2014

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about and are trying to present this as my issue when it is clearly an issue for many if not the majority of the playerbase.
If you are having so much fun with the content then why are you posting here and wasting time? What is your agenda? Trying to prove someone wrong on the internet when you have no good arguments so you have to resort to presenting them as incompetent? Maybe it will get you somewhere one day.

Majority of the playerbase? Man you are really far out there. This game has sold over four million copies now. That technical issue sub forum is barely over 450 pages, after two years. The first three pages are connection issues that can be traced back to firewall or network issues. After that you start getting into hardware configuration problems.

Name one triple A pc game that has ever come out that did not have issues with some configurations or drivers? That’s the curse of PC gaming and hardware fragmentation and is not at all unique to Anet or GW2.

For a little perspective, WoW’s technical support forum is over 2,700 posts. Old Republic, over 1000 and didnt predate GW2 by very much. Tera, 2,483. And much like GW, the first few pages are connection related and very very often come down to user error or setting. Here is a resource you can use to improve your experience: http://www.logicalincrements.com/

I don’t have to present anyone as incompetent when they do such a superb job themselves. Especially someone that has such a huge miscomprehension of the term “majority”.

With that, i’m done. Good chatting with you.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

Anti-Condition Feedback

Majic.4801

I just love how this content brings the community together.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Just roll a warrior.

/thread

Too bad warriors are hit the hardest by this boss. Oh what’s that, all your melee weapons are useless because the bosses can down you in a matter of seconds even as tank build? So sorry. What’s that, only longbow has no conditions on a regular attack? I’m doubly sorry for you.

<—- Ummm, Warrior ask’s “wut?” Had no trouble with GS 100 blades.

Now, I’ve been doing this event on my engi after my initial win and it is quite annoying. Best I can do is run around rezzing and drop healing turret during the reflect phase. Whats really annoying is that I will just about melt myself when the shield pop’s back up at the end of the condi phase. If not for Elixer C, I’d be dead without question.

I think this mechanic was to get people to pay attention to skill choices. Just like the Aether boss reflects projectiles.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

Majority of the playerbase? Man you are really far out there. This game has sold over four million copies now. That technical issue sub forum is barely over 450 pages, after two years. The first three pages are connection issues that can be traced back to firewall or network issues. After that you start getting into hardware configuration problems.

Name one triple A pc game that has ever come out that did not have issues with some configurations or drivers? That’s the curse of PC gaming and hardware fragmentation and is not at all unique to Anet or GW2.

For a little perspective, WoW’s technical support forum is over 2,700 posts. Old Republic, over 1000 and didnt predate GW2 by very much. Tera, 2,483. And much like GW, the first few pages are connection related and very very often come down to user error or setting. Here is a resource you can use to improve your experience: http://www.logicalincrements.com/

I don’t have to present anyone as incompetent when they do such a superb job themselves. Especially someone that has such a huge miscomprehension of the term “majority”.

With that, i’m done. Good chatting with you.

And once again you venture out on a complete hyperbole, not knowing what the fundamental issues are and that some indeed affect most players when it comes to zerg battles.
Instead of listing completely irrelevant posts counts of forums go read the posts in the GW2 tech forum that refer to performance. Better yet go educate yourself on modern PC and CPU architecture, multithreading, game design, etc. before posting any more “i know it all” posts.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

srsly guys really? As a warrior, I inflict Bleeding/Vuln on myself from this because I have 100 percent crit chance and I have traits that bleed/vuln on crit. Also fire from my bow or auto attack bleeds with our rifle, do you hear us complaining?

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

Eat it all you condi meta scrubs learn to adapt lolololololololololololol

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: village idiot.1436

village idiot.1436

Anet have failed miserably to address how ineffective conditions are in pve due to condition caps. This is a slap in the face. Even retraiting to remove traits that apply conditions still makes engies and necro highly ineffective. What were you thinking anet?

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: village idiot.1436

village idiot.1436

Warriors are unlikely to have stacked condition damage gear. Necros and engies are likely to have rampager type. Warrior condition damage is nullified by absurdly overpowered healing signet.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

srsly guys really? As a warrior, I inflict Bleeding/Vuln on myself from this because I have 100 percent crit chance and I have traits that bleed/vuln on crit. Also fire from my bow or auto attack bleeds with our rifle, do you hear us complaining?

The major difference here is that you still do tons of damage and your conditions will also do relatively little to you. A condition specced players conditions won’t do much damage to the boss and if they are reflected will almost certainly kill themselves. Not to mention that you can just swap out your traits quickly before the fight where a condition spec would need to respec entirely and put on power gear. Respec/regear your warrior into conditions and then come back and say it isn’t a problem.

Honestly this is just another case of poor design on ArenaNets part. Not only does it negate one of the two damage types, but it also penalizes combo fields and thus promotes trolling. Want to be a huge troll? Roll a thief and use the shortbow poison cloud on the boss and watch all projectile users poison themselves through no fault of their own.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

Have you guys even tried this event yet? Cause reading all this sure sounds like you haven’t. Yeah he throws condis back at you. But you do have other weapons you know. Go to the weapon merchant vendor, grab an axe and a staff. Then equip plague signet (patience I will explain why) well of power, and honestly anything else you want ( I have been using well of corruption since it doesn’t automatically apply condis and he has no boons to flip so… but I did use flesh wurm and put him well out of range of the aoe as an escape when I did red one because molten guys spawn and can make things uncomfortable sometimes). Auto with staff (boring yes yes I get it) I even throw mark of blood down occasionally to regen people trying to rez the no-dodgers at his feet. The pitiful bleed it has is barely noticeable. When the colored buff circles come up, swap to axe and axe 2 for a burst. Even as a condi spec it does some damage. When the starts to aoe again swap back to staff and do the dodgy thing, repeat. You can also just sit in staff and keep your scepter on standby until the boss becomes susceptible to condis towards the end phase.

Now, as to why I chose plague signet and well of power:
You’re gonna get condis on you regardless. At least this way you have ways to unload them as well as help others around you who don’t know how to stop using condis keep them off. Between well of power and consume conditions, the only times I ever went down was when I was lazy dodging. Never from condis. Ever. And with those 2 skills, I had a metric ton of boons on me at all times. You know what it’s like for a necro to be loaded with nearly every boon? Of course not because it hardly ever happens. It’s nice. I can dodge all. day. long. (except when I get lazy lol) And since we’re not top dps’ers it doesn’t hurt much to the dps as a whole to be one of the people stopping to rezz downs (not deads…I don’t rez those). And now when you get to the top to the condi only boss all you have to do is swap to your condi weapons real fast - which can be done because there's room to run out of combat up there- and go about your merry way.

Don’t knock till you’ve tried it. I’ve done 4 of these event so far and aside from the thing disconnecting me at the very end the first time then bugging the portals the remaining times, it has worked wonderfully.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Engineers actually have it worse than necros. You can’t use Pistol, but you can use rifle as long as you don’t use Blunderbuss. You also can’t use an entire trait-line since the very first minor trait in fire-arms applies bleed on crit… so that gives you only 3 to work with and none of the traits to enhance your rifle damage.

Awesome. You can use toolkit to spam the….er…autoattack since skill 2 applies bleeds and 3 confusion…grenades if you spam only skill one. Bomb kit can be used if you only use skill one…see where I’m going here? The best weapon to use is Flamethrower since you can use 2 out of the five abilities!!

I found myself restricted to running around rezzing players for the majority of the fights. Guess which profession is the LEAST effected? WARRIOR. It’s aNet’s secret plan to get us all to re-roll then the other annoying professions can be deleted and the game finally renamed to “Warrior Wars 2”

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Darkoray.4570

Darkoray.4570

Well I’m a condi engi so I am screwed. Still is it a mechanic of the game we have to work around or the devs just hate condi builds? Just because I cant zerg something and kill it instantly doesn’t mean it’s wrong. Been able to survive is also a fight in itself. Looks as though they are trying to make players work together rather than a zerg fest.

I’m at work and haven’t been able to play so I really dont know.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This anti condition feature needs to be added to PvP and WvW. It would help with the condi spam there.

It is a bad idea for PvE though.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Have you guys even tried this event yet? Cause reading all this sure sounds like you haven’t. Yeah he throws condis back at you. But you do have other weapons you know. Go to the weapon merchant vendor, grab an axe and a staff. Then equip plague signet (patience I will explain why) well of power, and honestly anything else you want ( I have been using well of corruption since it doesn’t automatically apply condis and he has no boons to flip so… but I did use flesh wurm and put him well out of range of the aoe as an escape when I did red one because molten guys spawn and can make things uncomfortable sometimes). Auto with staff (boring yes yes I get it) I even throw mark of blood down occasionally to regen people trying to rez the no-dodgers at his feet. The pitiful bleed it has is barely noticeable. When the colored buff circles come up, swap to axe and axe 2 for a burst. Even as a condi spec it does some damage. When the starts to aoe again swap back to staff and do the dodgy thing, repeat. You can also just sit in staff and keep your scepter on standby until the boss becomes susceptible to condis towards the end phase.

You’re gonna get condis on you regardless. At least this way you have ways to unload them as well as help others around you who don’t know how to stop using condis keep them off. Between well of power and consume conditions, the only times I ever went down was when I was lazy dodging. Never from condis. Ever. And with those 2 skills, I had a metric ton of boons on me at all times. You know what it’s like for a necro to be loaded with nearly every boon? Of course not because it hardly ever happens. It’s nice. I can dodge all. day. long. (except when I get lazy lol) And since we’re not top dps’ers it doesn’t hurt much to the dps as a whole to be one of the people stopping to rezz downs (not deads…I don’t rez those). And now when you get to the top to the condi only boss all you have to do is swap to your condi weapons real fast - which can be done because there's room to run out of combat up there- and go about your merry way.

Don’t knock till you’ve tried it. I’ve done 4 of these event so far and aside from the thing disconnecting me at the very end the first time then bugging the portals the remaining times, it has worked wonderfully.

That’s a lot of work to do 5% of the damage of a direct damage specced person.

Maybe they could just design events that everyone can play? This isn’t exactly a raid style coordination and difficulty.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Dalanor.5387

1. Don’t use burning on the boss while it reflects conditions.
2. Don’t use rifle as a warrior.
3. Equip healing signet.
4. ???
5. Profit.

ps: Triggered combo fields effect will be applied to you, no matter what.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

A properly built condition necromancer or engineer literally has to AFK for 90 percent of the fight, even if he changes weapons, because traits automatically trigger bleeds and burning.

Considering condition builds are already the absolute worst in PvE, this is the dumbest mechanic I have ever seen in a video game.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Oh guys, I know how to fix the ‘zerker meta, we implement a mechanic which actively vilifies condition users! Aren’t I clever? /sarcasm

What. The. kitten.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Wow, think about this….
Long Bow Warrior + Berserker Stance + 4 Signets = Event trolling

Where’s my Dire Armor???

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

Major knee-jerk reaction to the fight.

There are stages. Melee handles DPS and condi players should be supporting them instead of stacking damage. Phase 2 the condi players stack as many unique conditions as long and as high as they can to make the boss weaker.

Try adapting to the fight instead of jump-the-gun raging because all builds cant face-roll win the encounter the exact same way.

I remember all of the QQ from zerker players that Wardens 3 in Marionette couldn’t just be face tanked and 4 required moving around and weapon swapping.

Put on your big kid pants folks, after a year and a half Anet is making you learn how to actually play the game.

Please explain to me how I as a condition necro am supposed to “support” the melee players?

Also explain to me why a condition user is necessary to stack conditions when power builds apply the same conditions and reach the cap without any condition user help?

I literally CAN’T play the game. any action at all from my character results in the application of conditions that down me. Please explain how I am supposed to do anything other than just stand there.

Here is a list of necro utilities that I can use to “support” my allies:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_necromancer_skills#Utility

Out of the 20 utilities:
4 are minions that die in 1 hit from the knights AOE
4 are personal defense and do no damage
12 apply conditions

I await your all knowing power to enlighten me on how I need to L2P.

While I agree condition builds get the shaft in general due to limited stacks, there are other things that I have used on my necro. Signet of undeath for one as these bosses down tons of people. The passive also allows you to use DS more oftenwhich is better damage than nothing. Well of power is good too since they throw a whole mobs worth of condions back on people. Spectral armor for when you need to run in and res people on your SoU CD. Lich form elite for some moderate to high dps as it crits a lot. Hope this helps. Always better than warming the bench.

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

That’s a lot of work to do 5% of the damage of a direct damage specced person.

Maybe they could just design events that everyone can play? This isn’t exactly a raid style coordination and difficulty.

Even 5% is better than 0. If you want to just stand around, go buy a dungeon run and don’t weigh others down.

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

Anet doesn’t like the zerker meta. That’s why they’re screwing over anyone using conditions in PvE and make sure that even in full soldier or knight gear, everything will instagib you the second it can land a hit.

But they don’t want zerker to be the meta, you heard them.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

Apart from things like bleeding cap, which is not isolated on the Knights, there is no design flaw on condition reflect, since the boss have periods where conditions do more damage.

Remember you aren’t soloing the boss, so get out your Power weapon and start hitting the boss, and when the condition shield is down switch back to your old weapon. I honestly don’t see what’s wrong with this mechanism that warrants this much crying.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Anti-Condition Feedback

ZudetGambeous.9573

Apart from things like bleeding cap, which is not isolated on the Knights, there is no design flaw on condition reflect, since the boss have periods where conditions do more damage.

Remember you aren’t soloing the boss, so get out your Power weapon and start hitting the boss, and when the condition shield is down switch back to your old weapon. I honestly don’t see what’s wrong with this mechanism that warrants this much crying.

except 2. You don’t need condition users to reach the condition cap and 2. conditions don’t do more damage, we just allow direct dmg users to do more damage by having the condition cap on them, which if we refer back to 1 doesn’t require condition users.

Also 3. Direct damage does normal damage for 100% of the fight and 200% dmg for 25% of the fight. Condition users do 0 damage for 75% of the fight and 0 dmg for the last 25% of the fight due to the condition cap. But Anet didn’t’ think doing 0 damage was enough of a slap in the face so they decided to actually make us HURT OURSELVES by trying to do damage… We literally make the fight harder just by being there and contribute nothing, and that is why we are complaining.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

Condition users do 0 damage for 75% of the fight

I’m sorry, but can you tell me which profession that has all its ranged weapon’s auto attack to have no direct damage component and purely bleed/poison/whatever? I didn’t know something like that existed.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

While I do disagree with Anet’s design direction for the AK buffs, I will offer two words to struggling Necromancers.

Death Shroud
also
Life Blast

One of the highest power scaling abilities in the game. Even if you don’t have berserker gear, you can trait lifeblast for things like gain Might, Piercing, etc… I think even heal allies that Life Blast passes through is a trait.

To any Necro who wants to contribute during the 100-75% threshold and the 50-25% threshold, Death Shroud, Life Blast, and Main Hand Axe are your best friends.

Also, being a main Engineer myself, I would advise all Explosives Engis to not use Shrapnel or Incendiary Powder. Swap those out for Improved Explosions damage and Might on Heal Skill, then spam that healing turret for that might and condi removal to assist the team.

Engis, if you still apply high levels of Vuln through your explosives usage, that isn’t a problem. Vuln isn’t going to passively kill you if you can still dodge the AoE Pull. Just don’t use Grenade skills 2 or 5.

It may be different, but there are definitely methods to adapt. Also, we need you condi users on the Platforms for the Dynamic hologram! Your role is definitely important in the grand picture, just a little less so during the AK fights.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Malchior.5042)

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

More proof that people at ANet do NOT play Guild Wars 2. There’s no way. Either that or they’re the most inept people in PC Game development.

What rocket scientist pushed this idea through?

Condition Damage people haven’t been kittened over enough? 4/4/2014 can’t get here any sooner.

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Vampirial.9056

Vampirial.9056

I think the worst part of this is all the ppl telling us to do “support” based stuff. These fights are already hard to do enough dmg to get loot when i do nothing but attack on my engi. If i do more support based stuff like the elixer gun i would never get loot from the fights.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Nope, I didn’t set that trait and I had to swap off my Shortbow to Longbow for this so I wasn’t doing condition type damage. And after I’d been retraining myself AWAY from it. Sigh. At least my pets stay upright more often than the people splashing conditions without paying attention.

Even sticking with shortbow, the bleeds didn’t really do much…

Especially if you have the signet of renewal and pet set to draw conditions to it.

It was annoying as heck, though.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

In many of these updates, I’m glad that I play hybrids. If I want to stop doing condi damage, then I don’t need a new build. Sure, it isn’t as much DPS as just using berserker, but should a situation like this arise while on a hybrid, I’m not screwed.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

Like the Engi’s complaining they have nothing to do. Wth guys? Why aren’t you packing elixir gun, support turrets, elixirs, med packs? Be a team player for phase 1 and then do what you do on phase two knowing, without you there more people would be downed or dying in one stage and the other would take forever.

Except being a team player to support some other ignorant players won´t get the Engi the boss-tagging to even get loot (and probably scale the event up)

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

This boss effect really is trolling on ANet’s part of condition builds. It has a really funny effect too against these bosses, since they take bonus condi damage on the 0-25% and 50-75% phases, they take several minutes to burn the first 25, then take like ten seconds to burn the next 25, then another couple minutes, then another ten seconds.

The annoying thing is, I can’t just turn condi off. Many of my best direct attacks also have condi components, and if I took my Necro in she’d have almost nothing to do for minutes at a time. Meanwhile. during the condi phase only a handful of condis are needed to apply the necessary conditions.

It’s rather sick.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Anti-Condition Feedback

Dalanor.5387

Except being a team player to support some other ignorant players won´t get the Engi the boss-tagging to even get loot (and probably scale the event up)

Be social and get a party.

edit: just did it now on necro too. No problem at all in zerker with staff and axe is fine too, but the damage is pathetic even in the burst phase after Ele … :/

(edited by Dalanor.5387)

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

My take on all of this is, Anet has put condition caps in place to limit the server side calculations, but apparently there is more than enough server power there to calculate all these conditions reflections, against massive numbers too.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Didn’t really have any issue with this. Just switch to a no-condition weapon for that fight. Done. It’s hardly a big deal considering how easy the knights are.

As a necro, could just go Dagger/Focus. Condition-spec or not, it hardly matters. Then at the end switch back to Scepter/Dagger.

(edit)
Also, quite telling how despite the constant “Nerf/Remove conditions”-whining filling up the forums, this makes people rage. The condition-requiring mobs during the worm were ok, apparently. But this is a bad thing, despite being a much easier mob where it really really doesn’t matter whether you run conditions or not, just swap weapon.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

Anti-Condition Feedback

ZudetGambeous.9573

Condition users do 0 damage for 75% of the fight

I’m sorry, but can you tell me which profession that has all its ranged weapon’s auto attack to have no direct damage component and purely bleed/poison/whatever? I didn’t know something like that existed.

I can’t use those auto-attacks because they apply the conditions to my allies and myself when they reflect.

For example my Scepter does 120 dmg per hit and applies a bleed that does 1000 damage over ~5seconds. So for every 120 dmg I do to the boss (who has 50 million HP) I do 1k dmg to a player (who has 15k HP). This is not a good trade off, thus I am better off not auto-attacking.

Also I wish people would please stop suggesting I switch to a direct damage weapon when all of my crits provide bleed AND burning and do absurd amounts of damage to me. I tried using main hand dagger and I quickly had 9 stacks of bleed and 60% burning uptime which was about 2k dps on myself and about 1k dps on the knight… that is a completely unreasonable suggestion for my spec.

All of your work arounds, terrible suggestions and failure to understand condition classes won’t make this problem any less frustrating and insulting.

It was bad enough they introduced those condition only mobs at the Wurm event without fixing the condition cap, that was insulting enough, but this is just downright mean.

I guess i’ll just stand at max range and auto attack with my staff for 90 dps for the loot, even though I’m sure I upscale the event by more health than that. I’m essentially just a leecher, but apparently that’s what Anet wants.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Dalanor.5387

Also I wish people would please stop suggesting I switch to a direct damage weapon when all of my crits provide bleed AND burning and do absurd amounts of damage to me. I tried using main hand dagger and I quickly had 9 stacks of bleed and 60% burning uptime which was about 2k dps on myself and about 1k dps on the knight… that is a completely unreasonable suggestion for my spec.

You can swap traits out of combat, change Dumbifre to Close to death.
You can negate the auto bleed proc by
1, Slow attacking weapons, like staff or DS#1 or Lich form
2, With Soldier, Dire or Valkyrie gear.
3, Using cleanses such as Well of Power, Consume conditions, Putrid mark, team mates
4, Get close to other people so you can benefit from random condi cleanse flying around
5, Watch the ground for Healing springs and Purgins flames.

Also i wish people would please stop whine, beacuse you and many others fails to understand a simple mechanic.

Edit: Using the least amount of conditions has the advantage that you don’t kill anyone in the group by accident.

(edited by Dalanor.5387)

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Photoloss.4817

Photoloss.4817

Okay, and what can condition users do that power specs don’t do better/have done already?

Sure, you can swap a few traits and change gear, but when, in the history of GW2, were Zerkers forced to do this?

By the logic of most retorts it would be perfectly fine if Anet made a boss that reflected every crit back at its source, or even just all Power damage. “you can switch to dire gear, cry moah!”, “respec, pick the lowest dps weapons with the highest condi output”

Yes, that’s the best option. That’s what people are complaining about!

Also note no mechanic in any of these fights actually favors condition specs. Neither condition damage nor duration factor into the shields, just spamming application. That’s 1 weapon/utility swap for a power spec, compared to a full respec for condi.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

The biggest problem here is you dont get hit by YOUR condition. You get hit by everyones conditions. So I get punished for other people not paying attention to the boss mechanics.

As a condition user since day 1 I do feel the pain of conditions being useless, it cuts my dps in half. But the killer is i’ll get burned, 7 stacks of bleed, 5 stacks of confusion, poisoned, and 3 stacks of torment. I dont even have a way to inflict torment, burn, or poison on the weapons i’m using.

Anti-Condition Feedback

Dalanor.5387

Okay, and what can condition users do that power specs don’t do better/have done already?

Sure, you can swap a few traits and change gear, but when, in the history of GW2, were Zerkers forced to do this?

By the logic of most retorts it would be perfectly fine if Anet made a boss that reflected every crit back at its source, or even just all Power damage. “you can switch to dire gear, cry moah!”, “respec, pick the lowest dps weapons with the highest condi output”

Yes, that’s the best option. That’s what people are complaining about!

Also note no mechanic in any of these fights actually favors condition specs. Neither condition damage nor duration factor into the shields, just spamming application. That’s 1 weapon/utility swap for a power spec, compared to a full respec for condi.

This logic fails kitten the fact that every condi skill has a direct damage part while not every direct damaging skill has conditions on it.
Swap weapons and try to be effective.