Knights give too much loot

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

They aren’t any harder than any other run of the mill push 1 then afk champ (inb4 ohhh but you gotta stand in a colored circle!) They shouldn’t be giving out so many gear boxes. It’s just not appropriate risk/reward.

Edit: The issue has been resolved, knights give less loot now ^^

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

They give loot? lol

Aberrant.6749

You must not be in a party so you’re not getting credit when 100 people zerg them all down but yes, they give 6 champ boxes each + a chance at a power core.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Well I dunno about too much loot.. killed 6 knights last night and got loot from one so it is total 5 boxes from 6 kills so I think it is fine.

Posted by: ThreeEyedGarlic.7130

ThreeEyedGarlic.7130

Like Ameepa, nine kills so far and only able to loot one. This is both in a party and solo. Glad the loot was high for the one I got

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

The irony…

Sweet sweet treasure. NOT!

Aberrant.6749

It works similarly to how the ember farm did. There is a limited amount of people that can tag them like anything in this game. You just need to hit them as quickly as you can and deal enough damage to get credit and you’ll get loot.

People not knowing this isn’t an excuse/good reason for them giving so much. In fact… the massive amount of people going for the 6 easy boxes is the reason you’re not getting loot. If you know what you’re doing/how to do it you’ll get the 6 from them every single time (as I do).

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I say… it doesn’t have enough loot, the entire encounter is 40mins long

Ameepa.6793

Oh I didn’t complain about missing the loot as I just wanted to get through the portal.

But anyway, I have a feeling that these knights have to have loot good enough to make sure that people are doing them for the whole duration because you cannot enter the final fight without killing them. Without good enough loot, people would probably ignore the knights after few days, just like every “too time consuming for the rewards” part of any LS so far, making it impossible to experience the final fight.

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

I love when ppl complain about too much loot.

Listen here OP. If you base drops on how ppl afk you are saying nothing related for ppl killing the boss for actual drops.
This game already gives nothing for drops and when something comes around people like you make threads like this.

Aberrant.6749

Oh I didn’t complain about missing the loot as I just wanted to get through the portal.

But anyway, I have a feeling that these knights have to have loot good enough to make sure that people are doing them for the whole duration because you cannot enter the final fight without killing them. Without good enough loot, people would probably ignore the knights after few days, just like every “too time consuming for the rewards” part of any LS so far, making it impossible to experience the final fight.

What you do is you give the scarlet holo chest really good rewards, not the knights. People will still do A to get to B. But right now A has generally better rewards than B while B takes more effort. If there was a popup at the end that gave extra champ loot then that would be fine imo.

I love when ppl complain about too much loot.

Listen here OP. If you base drops on how ppl afk you are saying nothing related for ppl killing the boss for actual drops.
This game already gives nothing for drops and when something comes around people like you make threads like this.

Aka “I want massive loots for mindless zerg 1 spam.”

Listen here Mos… I’m not against loot by any means… but it should be appropriate to the risk/difficulty of what you’re doing. This is way out of wack in that regard. Sorry about your poor luck with drops.

Tarnished Coast

Ameepa.6793

What you do is you give the scarlet holo chest really good rewards, not the knights. People will still do A to get to B. But right now A has generally better rewards than B while B takes more effort. If there was a popup at the end that gave extra champ loot then that would be fine imo.

So failing the hologram fight would mean that you would get pretty much nothing for that wasted hour. That’s quite a risk to consider for those who are doing things only for loot. Oh and the amount of blaming and flaming when/if it fails…

Aberrant.6749

So failing the hologram fight would mean that you would get pretty much nothing for that wasted hour. That’s quite a risk to consider for those who are doing things only for loot. Oh and the amount of blaming and flaming when/if it fails…

It would be far better in terms of risk vs reward. Right now you can fail the holo, but just killing the knights gives you the bulk of the rewards. Should be the other way around.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

1.) I think it’s an appropriate reward, considering how many champ boxes you can rack up in an even shorter time just running a train. If it were all about the boxes, there are much better and easier ways to get them. There have to be at least some people out there who actually enjoy the content.

2.) Wasn’t it five boxes, not six? Or am I crazy?

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Posted by: tmorrow.5189

tmorrow.5189

So if only a handful can tag the boss and get the reward, then most of the 150 player zerg gets nothing. Bad design. Not worth it, not doing it.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

So if only a handful can tag the boss and get the reward, then most of the 150 player zerg gets nothing. Bad design. Not worth it, not doing it.

I dunno, my level 50 alt was getting the gear box drops and I wasn’t grouped with anyone. Sounds silly to choose not to do something based on some forum posts and not actually experiencing it for yourself.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Well I dunno about too much loot.. killed 6 knights last night and got loot from one so it is total 5 boxes from 6 kills so I think it is fine.

This was pretty much my experience too.

Coupled with the server wide DCs, this event is really killing my spirit.

I’m not sure they have learned anything at all over the last 16 months.

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

~They drop loot? Out of 12 individual kills I got one core and 6 bags.

Posted by: WarMacheen.7124

WarMacheen.7124

You must not be in a party so you’re not getting credit when 100 people zerg them all down but yes, they give 6 champ boxes each + a chance at a power core.

You are wrong, I’ve ran the event in a party and solo. Never, ever got loot from all bosses. Yesterday was 1 out of 3, today 0.

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

They aren’t any harder than any other run of the mill push 1 then afk champ (inb4 ohhh but you gotta stand in a colored circle!) They shouldn’t be giving out so many gear boxes. It’s just not appropriate risk/reward.

They only drop crap anyway! And that’s even if you’re lucky enough to be in a group that is able to actually kill them!

Let’s see what loot I got from them … 172% magic find btw … nothing but greens, best item rare “Corrupted Core”. \o/

I am yet to receive a single upgrade component for my backpack.

Aberrant.6749

They only drop crap anyway! And that’s even if you’re lucky enough to be in a group that is able to actually kill them!

Let’s see what loot I got from them … 172% magic find btw … nothing but greens, best item rare “Corrupted Core”. \o/

I’ve gotten Rares (as drops) + (from champ boxes) T5/T6 mats + rares/exotics + multiple event cores… and received loot from every single one. That’s hardly crap.

I’ve never been in an overflow that failed to kill at least the knights.

MF doesn’t help with items inside of boxes/chests/etc. btw. I wish it did though… I’m @ 307% MF without any guild/food buffs…

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

Can you start by explaining WHY the fact that you’re lucky enough to get decent drops is a problem? You’re getting just as many champ bags if not less than champ training in Frostgorge Sound for an hour. They give a reasonable amount of loot for those lucky enough.

Posted by: Mikal Dynath.6195

Mikal Dynath.6195

Sorry, forget too “many drops” … you’re getting drops?!!! My last 6 knights last night, I’ve received exactly ZERO chests. My DPS is not the problem, how many times I’ve tagged them is not the problem. Also I’ve run them solo, I’ve run them partied … map chat exploded after each one with the same problem. No Chests.

Between the two extreme’s of either, zero reward for an hours effort because the portals won’t open, or receiving a big “Eff You!” if you’re in a group that doesn’t defeat Scarlett, when you’re lucky enough for the portals to actually open … this update has been the buggiest I’ve ever seen.

What world are you in thinking there’s TOO MUCH of a reward?!!

Posted by: roperratt.6917

roperratt.6917

I honestly think this is a troll post. I have killed 6 knights, full party, using food buffs, scarlet army buffs, vigils vigilance buff, and gold medal participation, I have received a drop from one knight. If you are getting too much loot your game must be picking up someone else’s loot. Maybe that’s where the loot I’m missing is going.

IGN: Roper the Ratt, Mithril Knight, Sophie the Golden, (TTS), (DTtD), (KCCO), (BANA)
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I’ve gotten Rares (as drops) + (from champ boxes) T5/T6 mats + rares/exotics + multiple event cores… and received loot from every single one. That’s hardly crap.

I’ve never been in an overflow that failed to kill at least the knights.

MF doesn’t help with items inside of boxes/chests/etc. btw. I wish it did though… I’m @ 307% MF without any guild/food buffs…

Well some of us have gotten next to nothing. 6 chests from a single knight, nothing from an of the others. No cores, no chests, nothing. It is not a matter of how soon they where tagged or the amount of damage as I was more then good on both, so it has to be something else. I am happy for you getting all that nice loot, but asking for a nerf when some of us are getting nothing at all is way out of line.

Aberrant.6749

Can you start by explaining WHY the fact that you’re lucky enough to get decent drops is a problem? You’re getting just as many champ bags if not less than champ training in Frostgorge Sound for an hour. They give a reasonable amount of loot for those lucky enough.

You get 18 boxes from the knights in all of 15-20m… that’s too much. Like I stated before, if the large reward was at the end instead of on the knights themselves it would be fine. But instead you’re given a large reward for the easier part.

Well some of us have gotten next to nothing. 6 chests from a single knight, nothing from an of the others. No cores, no chests, nothing. It is not a matter of how soon they where tagged or the amount of damage as I was more then good on both, so it has to be something else. I am happy for you getting all that nice loot, but asking for a nerf when some of us are getting nothing at all is way out of line.

What I read in another post it’s that it’s too many people trying to loot at once, not that rewards aren’t being given. It’s not out of line, you personally having loot issues does not mean that they don’t reward too many champ boxes. It’s not like those two are mutually exclusive or anything. Is putting the bigger reward at the part that takes more effort/skill really a nerf btw? Seems more like just a balance change…

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Shayne.2504

Shayne.2504

No loot from any of the Knights, have tried solo and in a party.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I’ve received no loot either. I’ve helped kill 6 of the things.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

What I read in another post it’s that it’s too many people trying to loot at once, not that rewards aren’t being given. It’s not out of line, you personally having loot issues does not mean that they don’t reward too many champ boxes. It’s not like those two are mutually exclusive or anything. Is putting the bigger reward at the part that takes more effort/skill really a nerf btw? Seems more like just a balance change…

That is just someone’s guess, no one knows for sure what the issue is. If I fight a knight, defeat it, but another group fails, is it fair that the people who defeated their knight get nothing?

Aberrant.6749

That is just someone’s guess, no one knows for sure what the issue is. If I fight a knight, defeat it, but another group fails, is it fair that the people who defeated their knight get nothing?

Regardless a bug does not therefore mean that the rewards are roperly balanced.

When did I say or imply anything like that? Ofc you should get rewards. I just feel that the rewards poorly balanced.

I knew from the start when I wrote this I would get a lot of people upset about not getting rewards/wanting easy loot… but again… it’s not mutually exclusive. Some people have difficulty keeping two different concepts apart in their heads : /

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

What I’m thinking right now sadly cannot be said on these forums, you should pay a visit to reddit and see how many people you dear sir have kittened of with your “they give to much loot crap” why have you never complained about the people that farm FGS 24/7 ?
this is a temporary 2 week event and you’re complaining of to much loot ? come on be serious now. I did 3 runs and got jack ! I started asking around and no one got any bags from the knights ! are you happy now ?

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

Did 4 runs (all 3 knights in a run), 2 before the hotfix, and 2 after. Didn’t get any loot or cores even when I got gold credit for each kill. What’s up with that?

Posted by: ZephyrSpirit.5230

ZephyrSpirit.5230

I agree %100 with you.

Lots of games out there, don’t need to stick to just one.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

All those dead people probably disagree >_> (Though, I think they have made the tells so obvious, most people should be able to dodge, unless they have lag issues or something)

And they don’t even give you a lot of boxes, if you manage to get loot from all 3 bosses, it’s only 18 boxes, 18 boxes every hour, that’s nothing compared to what you’ll get in a champ train or running dungeons.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

(edited by Lambent.6375)

Posted by: ExAstris.8527

ExAstris.8527

I’m willing to abide by the rules for loot set forth by ANet as long as we know what they are. Is this a bug? Is loot daily? Is there merely a chance for loot?

We wait.

Gwen Dlynn; human engineer (1st class)
Sir Reginald Doom; Charr necromancer (wip)
Aurora Skykin; Norn guardian (wip)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If you think you get too much, you can always send your boxes to me. I’d really appreciate them since i get nothing at all from those bosses.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Lets put this into perspective, the encounter is 40 min long, and if people are lucky they may get 6 boxes.. maybe. 6 for 40 min of work is peanuts. Even if all encounters gave boxes we’d have 18 which still to me is petty.

Fast forward to Frostgorge Sound. How many champ boxes could one rack up in 40 min? Assuming the train is lucky, I’ve pulled over 25 consistently in that time frame. If not so lucky meaning the Fish or Norn take their sweet time to show up, you could still easily and consistently gather at least 18.

So why would someone even bother farming the knights when you’ll make considerably more farming frostgorge champs and will obtain enough money to just buy the cores?

I can also confirm it’s not who tags the knights first. I’ve been the 1st one to tag a knight seeing as I was the only one at the knight at the time when it popped. I’ve also been part of a small group that decided to attack a different knight than the zerg. No loot came from either of those.

(edited by DeadlySynz.3471)

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

what loot? o_O ?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I saw this thread’s title and chuckled a little as I thought for sure I knew what the OP’s post would say:
Said no one, ever.” – meme

Or if it was a serious post then what the first response would be:
Whaaaaaat?” – Chris Griffon

I almost didn’t check the thread out, but curiosity got the best of me. I’m actually pleasantly surprised that my expectations were not met (but Shifu’s comment was appropriate and close enough) and that there is actually an interesting discussion taking place filled with good information about the events.

I have several in-game contacts saying they are not getting any loot. I know there are threads in the bugs section and here about it being bugged and not giving loot…I’m (nearly) surprised that it has not been fixed yet.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

You may get upto 18 boxes from the knights in all of 15-20m…

Realisticly speaking, i dont get jack kitten because i didnt correctly answer the Gear question.

I didnt play before today, cause i had work. But after raking up a bunch of Knight kills, imagine my surprise when i learned they can actually drop loot. Just, not if you run support… or tanky… or conditions. Then you’re just kittened.

So yeah, go ahead and nerf loot. Is there even such a thing as less then nothing?

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

The first time I killed a knight I actually killed all three (rotating train), but I think I forgot to loot them. The next time I also killed all three and got 10 gear boxes from the first knight and nothing from the other two. Since then I’ve gotten nothing from almost all kills (I have area loot enabled), although I did get 3 boxes from one knight and somehow I got a colored core.

I’ve just assumed that you get the massive gearbox dump only once.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

They loot nothing at all since last patch.

(edited by arkealia.2713)

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Regardless a bug does not therefore mean that the rewards are roperly balanced.

When did I say or imply anything like that? Ofc you should get rewards. I just feel that the rewards poorly balanced.

I knew from the start when I wrote this I would get a lot of people upset about not getting rewards/wanting easy loot… but again… it’s not mutually exclusive. Some people have difficulty keeping two different concepts apart in their heads : /

You said you would rather see the lot given at scarlet instead of the knights, that requires the other teams to do their jobs so if 1 fight fails, no one gets anything.
Also, I have to laugh at this “massive loot” you keep talking about. I got the chests once and only once. They contained a few greens and blues. I probably made 1 few silver after salvaging them all. Pretty much vender/salvage trash. Maybe what they should do is limit the amount some accounts can receive per day so those of us who are not getting anything can keep trying, and those like you who think they are getting too much will not get as much. If it really bothers you, just trash the chests you get or gift the items to a player who got nothing at all. This is just like the people complaining about to many ascended materials dropping. Some of us can’t get enough of them but because other players do not need them, they want the drop rate nerfed.
In the end it’s easy, if you think the loot is too much just stop doing the event and go do something else.

Posted by: AnonEMouse.7932

AnonEMouse.7932

Please do not take this the wrong way but I hate you with the fire of a 1000 suns…. 3 complete events, with 9 Knights killed…. ZERO chests received…

So stop calling for loot nerfs, when a LOT of players aren’t even getting any loot.

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

11 knights in a row no drop at all, dropping too much loot? not a chance. I’m guessing this aint a serious thread at all.

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Really? You’re complaining about too much loot?

Seriously this community moans about anything sometimes. Just because you got a lot of loot doesn’t mean everyone that took part in the event did. But hey, if you want to give me or anyone else some of your loot then by all means feel free to send us some in the mail!

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Clearly those people getting high number of boxes from the Knights are getting the loot that those who didn’t get a drop should of had .. Bug!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Clearly those people getting high number of boxes from the Knights are getting the loot that those who didn’t get a drop should of had .. Bug!

The knights drop 5 boxes a piece, as stated in the patch notes (Legendary Assault Knights will drop 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes and a chance at an Assault Knight Power Core). Additionally if you can down all 3 in 6 minutes or less, you get additional shinies (several masterwork items, a luck bonus, 1 Obsidian Shard, and 5 Blade Shards). So no, not a bug (unless people are getting like a dozen from each)

@OP
Too much loot? No, not at all. Those things are annoying as heck…. and so are a lot of the people kittening in map chat. I feel its adequate compensation for having to put up with it.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Psyche.2361

Psyche.2361

If this loot gets less then the 40 min event is kitten. it will be like any world boss out there.
the 5 gearboxes per knight is extremly great for us who dont wanna do hardcore farm 24/7 in the champ trains.
If the only reward was after scarlets hologram…..not many would do these events, its alredy going down in ppl doing it because not all get loot, and i agree…40 mins of that little just isnt worth it.
So i recomend that the 5 boxes per knight is there.

Posted by: DarkX.4315

DarkX.4315

Seriously because of this kind of posting that Anet try to mess with loot table and totally kill it with the fix 10 hours ago.