Mordy and Beyond

Mordy and Beyond

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

now that this arc is over and we know who is the new and upcoming villain is.

Does that mean that now we go back to being second to Trahearne? Who wants to play that way? I for one was a little disappointed at him being the hero in the main story and you playing second fiddle. The one thing Anet did right in Scarlet’s LS arc was let you be the one to be the hero, the stake planted firmly in her greens was a big payoff for the ending of the LS.

What do you think?

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

I miss Trahearne and his dying to risen bulls I hope we see more of his saladface after 10 months of scarlet/.

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I don’t think they will show Trehearne again, or record another audio with him. People just hate him, because…. i don’t know why… i did like him in the story

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I don’t think they will show Trehearne again, or record another audio with him. People just hate him, because…. i don’t know why… i did like him in the story

People hate him for the same reason they hated Kormir. People want to be the main character and can’t handle that the Guild Wars stories were written with you being the guy who travels with the main characters. It’s not about you, and even though you killed Scarlet the LS still wasn’t about you, it was about DE2.0.

I like Trahearne and I look forward to his return. Or for him to die and me to take up Caladbolg in his stead, cause I’m way better with it than he has ever been.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: Lynx Raven Raide.2764

Lynx Raven Raide.2764

It’s not about you, and even though you killed Scarlet the LS still wasn’t about you, it was about DE2.0.

Actually, if you go to LA, your name will be on the list of heroes that helped defend and liberate LA

Mad Aussie Bastard

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

It’s not about you, and even though you killed Scarlet the LS still wasn’t about you, it was about DE2.0.

Actually, if you go to LA, your name will be on the list of heroes that helped defend and liberate LA

You said it yourself, a list of heroes. So it’s your name and that of everybody who participated, and that’s okay. I would not like Tyria to remember the heroic deeds of xX69Sasukekittendestroyer420blazeitXx for all eternity.

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Because people skim through the story instead of actually paying attention to it and somehow come to a weird conclusion that he stole all their glory when he didn’t. Also if you don’t play a Sylvari you don’t learn all those extra bits of info about his sword and why he’s the only one who can save Orr with it as clearly I guess.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

It is possible the Pact will be there for Season 2.

Why?
-There is an NPC now in the Grand Plaza of Lion’s Arch – the one that shows you the cinematic – which if talked to, will say that the Pact now has an interest with what is going on due to the next season being linked to a dragon.

Possible and likely, but not definite.

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: naemyis.8731

naemyis.8731

I surely hope we get Trahearne back. We’re good pals, him and I, and I miss clobbering stuff with kitten swords together.

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Trahearne might not even be on our side against Mordremoth, if the Sylvari are Modremoth’s minions, things could change and give players a reason to truly hate Trehearne

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Because people skim through the story instead of actually paying attention to it and somehow come to a weird conclusion that he stole all their glory when he didn’t. Also if you don’t play a Sylvari you don’t learn all those extra bits of info about his sword and why he’s the only one who can save Orr with it as clearly I guess.

I second this but i think people don’t like him cause his background is tied up in the sylvari personal story. If i remember right: how he was the first of the first borns taked with an impossible wild hunt cleansing of ore. Who was called a nerd for shutting himself away and studding the history of the world. For all tense and purposes he was considered the runt of the litter among the sylvari. All other first borns are considered immortal/unkillable. His appearance on battle fields is so laughable that bosses literally broke down laughing in his face before you fought them with him. Hense his hesitation that he is not the right person that he cant possible lead the pack. Most know the story from there.

How many npc bodies did you have to stand on to even get to fight Zitian? There weren’t 3 champs at teq level there where thousands.

Anyway people complain about the hard content they add for living story imagine if there was hard perment content as a part of my story the complains would never end.

Anyway like him or hate him you would not have wanted his job fallowing band of heroes protecting you like cargo and never getting to fight. In my mind the terminator mission makes up for any doupt that you had an impact on the war.

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Since when was Trahearne the main hero of the PS? Sure he’s ranked above you in the Pact, but he spent the whole PS asking the player character for guidance and being humble, always thanking you and everyone else for your efforts. He repeatedly asks you to decide on the next course of action. He’s not even present for the Zhaitan fight; he puts the whole Pact behind you and gives you the charge, and afterwards thanks you with phrases like “The world owes you a great debt, Commander. As long as I am Marshal of the Pact, I will see that debt honored.”

Never once does he boast or gloat or even relish in his position of power. He’s not fond of being in charge and always takes the time to thank those who fight with him and make the whole thing possible. Even during the victory celebration after Zhaitan’s death, instead of taking the spotlight he goes off by himself and doesn’t join in until you invite him. Exactly what glory did he steal from you? The title of Marshal?

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Trehearne took too much attention in the story. At the end of the story Trehearne was the hero. It really sucked. Go kitten yourself Trehearne.
We’re better off if some dragon kills him.

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

The monotone voice was creepy. Which wouldn’t be bad, if he wasn’t so plain and goody-goody. The mis-match.

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

His voice is OK. His tone highlighted the feeling from the story – big threat that was almost unbeatable, unanswered questions how to defeat Zhaitan. He was just sad the whole time.
If you look for some horrible characters and voice actings it was actually PLAYER characters which were totally shallow, plain and stupid.
“That sounds like fun.” “That was fun! Let’s do it again!” (dungeons)
So much focus on reminding players that everything they do is fun. “Yeah, I just killed undead dragon which killed thousands of people! That was so much fun how I blew his head with a cannon!!!”
those kind of lines are totally breaking the immersion

Him being goody goody character is OK. I am also that good sweet guy in real life. Why does everyone need to have some mixed character traits? Why does everyone think that if somebody seems to be purely good he must be a plain, shallow character??

He never stole your glory. As someone mentioned earlier, he didn’t even attend the party.

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: ShibVicious.9681

ShibVicious.9681

Whilst I’m one of those people that doesn’t particularly like Trahearne, I do want to see him return in LS Season 2. He’s too important a character to overlook.
I would like to see a little change in his character though, he has had a successful campaign in Orr, and has an elder dragon kill under his belt, so I’d like to see a more confident and pro-active Trahearne.
One of the things that annoyed me so much about him in the PS, is that he was supposed to be running the show, yet I seemed to be doing all the strategizing and executing of all the plans. So if LS Season 2 plays out anything like the first season, that’d already be an improvement on Trahearne as there won’t be those decisions to make. He’ll tell us what needs to be done the way a real leader should, and we’ll do it the way us Heroes do.

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Naw, it’s just a generic list that puts the name of the reader on it. At least 4 of my characters never participated in any of those LA events and were still mentioned there.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

now that this arc is over and we know who is the new and upcoming villain is.

Does that mean that now we go back to being second to Trahearne? Who wants to play that way? I for one was a little disappointed at him being the hero in the main story and you playing second fiddle. The one thing Anet did right in Scarlet’s LS arc was let you be the one to be the hero, the stake planted firmly in her greens was a big payoff for the ending of the LS.

What do you think?

I don’t think Mordremoth will be the upcoming villain. It’s possible, but certainly not clear cut.

I mean, Belinda’s dialogue hints at a focus on the Bandits/White Mantle, and I’ve been hearing that the LW will return to GW1 lore – White Mantle is right up that ally.

Trahearne isn’t a main hero. Neither was Kormir for those relating the two. I disagree with Kal Spiro.9745 saying that you’re not the main hero. The thing is, you are the main hero, but you’re a main hero that cannot fill certain roles – and those roles are filled by NPCs. You’re the main hero, but you cannot be the last Tyian to study in Shing Jea Monastery; so they made Mhenlo fill that role. You’re the main hero, but the player cannot be stuck behind the logistics because the player needs to be guided to face Zhaitan (and not, say, take the Pact and go after Jormag or Kralkatorrik), and the player cannot be a member of an Order yet an independent figure respected by all three Orders to lead them against an Elder Dragon, so Trahearne fills that role.

Trahearne isn’t the main hero, nor is he meant to be. He isn’t the GWverse version of Commander Shepard, but rather the GWverse version of Captain Anderson/Commander Hacket who sends Shepard on his path and sets Shepard up for the various missions and tasks. He just has the extra task of being the one who gets weakend by cleansing Orr – because a sylvari is seemingly needed for this.

Naw, it’s just a generic list that puts the name of the reader on it. At least 4 of my characters never participated in any of those LA events and were still mentioned there.

Like most LW-based dialogues that change about, it is determined by account accomplishments (aka achievements) and not actual character participation. In this case, if you did the Grave of Steel and Lunacy achievement, then your character shows up.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Kasmeer’s name listed instead if you didn’t.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Mordy and Beyond

Posted by: ASaturnus.4980

ASaturnus.4980

There is no Commander Shepard in GW. GW is a MMO with a continuing Lore and in that Lore, you’re not the hero. Just like Abaddon wasn’t defeated by <Insert Player Name>, but by Kormir and the other heroes around her.
The PS portrays it AS IF you were the hero, but obviously, you can’t be in Lore.