Scarlet Stomp is extremely annoying

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Ahh so annoying, I do the first stomp dodge the aoe, run back to do the final stomp and 1 second before it hits the aoe gets me. 1 bloody second… 5 times now. Must be my lag. Very annoying (although mostly just because of the un-skip-able cutscene).

Posted by: Jonny.6013

Jonny.6013

Ha!

Went away for 24 hours and just came back and had another go.

Nailed it first time with no change in methodology. Either something changed overnight or there is a huge element of luck involved.

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

I’ve tried this a million times using Dulfy’s technique.

Since I’m an Oceanic player my ping is something like 6 times higher than people in the U.S. and I’m wondering if it’s close to impossible for us?

People in the states seem to be having a hard enough time even with a extra second or so up their sleeve.

Honestly, I can start stomping, then dodge, then start stomping again and I always get interrupted before I can finish.

If it really is an issue of ping, then this is really badly designed.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

Every time I tried stealth, she just looked right at me in it and attacked me. My SO got the same results on her Thief, unfortunately…

Weird, this hasn’t happened for me… She completely ignores me while in stealth. Are you sure she isn’t starting an attack on you before you stealthed and that attack hits you while you are in stealth?

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Yesterday I tried and failed numerous times no matter what I did. Yet today I suddenly managed to stomp Scarlet extremely easy on two characters. Here’s what I did:

Staff Elementalist:
1. Pop Windborne Speed on Air-staff
2. Pop Armor of Earth (while running up to Scarlet)
3. Pop Arcane Shield (almost at Scarlet) <- May be redundant with Armor of Earth
4. Start Stomp
5. Pop Mist Form
6. Get achievement without any problem as she can’t grab you

Engineer:
1. Pop Elixir B for swiftness (while running up to Scarlet)
2. Pop Elixir U for quickness (at Scarlet)
3. Start stomp
4. Pop Elixir S for invulnerability
5. Done

Hope this helps!

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Ping isn’t an issue of design. It’s an issue of where you are in the world, and how good your IP provider is. I know people in Germany who play on NA servers with no issues at all, and the distance from them to the Seattle servers are far greater than any Oceanic countries.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Nebulis.8973

Nebulis.8973

I didn’t find it too bad. It took me about 5 tries or so. As a ranger, all I did was pop Rampage As One and charge in and attempt the stomp, dodge roll out, pop Quickening Zephyr, walk forward and stomp. It all happened really fast, I will admit.

Ranger ~ Gwenavin Silvarlsti
Warrior ~ Kahless Coldstone
Elementalist ~ Kira The Star Child | Server ~ FA

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Ping isn’t an issue of design. It’s an issue of where you are in the world, and how good your IP provider is. I know people in Germany who play on NA servers with no issues at all, and the distance from them to the Seattle servers are far greater than any Oceanic countries.

I wasn’t saying Ping was a design issue, I’m saying it’s a design factor.

If you tune an event expecting everyone to have 50 ping then it will be impossible for those in countries where the best possible ping to U.S. servers regardless of ISP is 400+

On the other hand, if you tune an event expecting some people to have 400+ ping, it will be far too easy for people with 50 ping.

Therefore, designing anything that is going to be ping dependent is bad design.

P.S – Germany to the US = 4,882 miles
– New Zealand to the US = 7793 miles

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I wasn’t saying Ping was a design issue, I’m saying it’s a design factor.

If you tune an event expecting everyone to have 50 ping then it will be impossible for those in countries where the best possible ping to U.S. servers regardless of ISP is 400+

On the other hand, if you tune an event expecting some people to have 400+ ping, it will be far too easy for people with 50 ping.

Therefore, designing anything that is going to be ping dependent is bad design.

P.S – Germany to the US = 4,882 miles
– New Zealand to the US = 7793 miles

Sorry about that one. I wasn’t considering latitude + longitude when guestimating the distance.

But the fact still remains, there’s no reason for Anet to redesign challenging content because of ping. As you’ve stated both pros and cons for both ways, I’m sure you understand this. The same complaint came up with the SAB platforming. Some people couldn’t time their jumps because they lagged behind. This is an unfortunate price to pay.

That said, you need to decide of stressing over a single achievement is worth it or not. If you feel that it’s a ping/lag issue, and not a skill issue, you should skip it all together.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

While I finally managed it with an elementalist using class skills/tricks, I have heard of people doing this as a duo fairly well.

Both move in, but only the first goes for the stomp. The second stays back out of the AoE range. When the first is hit and knocked back, the second has a moment to get in and do the deed. Also, it seems that Quickness helps, as it speeds up how fast you do the stomp.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: risa.1382

risa.1382

Stop trying to get off stomps through her shield. When the fight starts run up to her attacking her and avoiding her grenades until she says that you can’t get through her shield. Then wait around the corner next to her until Kas says that she’ll distract her. When scarlet attacks in this stage her shield will drop, attack her (using ranged makes it easy) when it drops and she’ll get stunned more than long enough for you to stomp her. She’ll say something like “it wasn’t supposed to be like this” when she’s ready to be stomped. Maybe she says something else I don’t pay attention to her. You don’t need any class specific trick.

Posted by: Noxaeternam.6214

Noxaeternam.6214

Once I got into Scarlet’s chamber, the graphics went all psychedelic on me. Faces became floating eyeballs, the ground was multicoloured squares, and AoE rings didn’t appear.

Wait, what?

Yeah, you heard me. Fighting Scarlet was real fun with no indication of where those kitten grenades would land. Also, the little scene with Marjory and Kasmeer looked pretty funny when neither had a face.

For the love of the Six, fix the Mac client.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I finally got it while in a party and using spectral walk (necro) to get back to her when she shoves me.

Did not get electrocuted once! Willing to party(EU server) up with others to help if they want..it is MUCH easier.

Taygus.4571

Stop trying to get off stomps through her shield. When the fight starts run up to her attacking her and avoiding her grenades until she says that you can’t get through her shield. Then wait around the corner next to her until Kas says that she’ll distract her. When scarlet attacks in this stage her shield will drop, attack her (using ranged makes it easy) when it drops and she’ll get stunned more than long enough for you to stomp her. She’ll say something like “it wasn’t supposed to be like this” when she’s ready to be stomped. Maybe she says something else I don’t pay attention to her. You don’t need any class specific trick.

Wrong achieve mate! Beating her is easy. Its the “nowhere to hide” thats driving people nuts.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

use thief. spam invi from the beginning. run close to her. happy stomping. no dodging required.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Taygus.4571

use thief. spam invi from the beginning. run close to her. happy stomping. no dodging required.

thats excellent, ………………….if you have a thief.
mesmer/theif/ele have it the easiest with this achieve, ….

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Use teleport skill (leap etc) when she starts attacking. That will land you next to her and hit F.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Use teleport skill (leap etc) when she starts attacking. That will land you next to her and hit F.

The problem is many teleport skills take you too close. The room behind her automatically knocks you back if you are too close.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Ele > lightning flash + mistform
Thiekittenhadowstep + haste
Ranger > qz (a bit harder)
Warrior > frenzy (a bit harder)
Necro > ghost walk thing (a bit harder)
Mesmer > summon 3 clones, blink and hit f4
Engineer > elixir S
Guardian > f3 for aegis

Those are easy ways of getting the quick stomp and an achievement if you need with any class. I’m sure there are guides that say similar things. Anyone can do this.

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Completed the stomp on necromancer, it’s all about positioning and being quick for the necro.

Run up to scarlet before your mates get there.. cast fleshworm near scarlet, stomp range… then watch the cutscene you can’t skip.. and when you must attack scarlet.. run up to her and let her cast the 2 AoE cycles.. don’t dodge just walk around or something.. just don’t make her cast her aoe near herself.. when the second aoe circles appear use fleshworm to get up close to her, cast spectral walk cancel your stomp and immediately dodge so the aoe misses you and recall your spectral walk and stomp again.. it’s just a matter of repeating a couple of times..

Special note: when you see the bubble appear, stop fighting and just relog on the same character, you will be ported outside the instance entrance.

Necro does tend to freeze up at times while stomping and seems to be the more difficult one to complete.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

Posted by: AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048

Any class with a speed buff (might not even need that) and a quickness skill can do this as easily as they can avoid scarlet’s grenades. Just run up avoiding grenades as best you can, hit your quickness skill when you’re fairly close so it’s active before you stomp, then spam F as you approach. A quickness stomp is fast enough to finish scarlet before her aoe hits you if you get on it as soon as possible.

Taygus.4571

Any class with a speed buff (might not even need that) and a quickness skill can do this as easily as they can avoid scarlet’s grenades. Just run up avoiding grenades as best you can, hit your quickness skill when you’re fairly close so it’s active before you stomp, then spam F as you approach. A quickness stomp is fast enough to finish scarlet before her aoe hits you if you get on it as soon as possible.

Wasn’t for me, she always interrupted me with that electrocute thing. I’d dodge/spectral walk fine, but get slammed mid stomp by that kitten electrocute.

Flew through it with a party though. (Me doing both the initial and finishing stomp, no different than before, and party member just hanging around…go figure.)

Posted by: AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048

Wasn’t for me, she always interrupted me with that electrocute thing. I’d dodge/spectral walk fine, but get slammed mid stomp by that kitten electrocute.

Flew through it with a party though. (Me doing both the initial and finishing stomp, no different than before, and party member just hanging around…go figure.)

Yeah you need quickness. The speed of a stomp is too long without it. But with quickness, you’ll get your stomp in about a half second after the aoe circle appears.

Posted by: Forsakendusk.1694

Forsakendusk.1694

As an engineer, I popped elixirs B and U upon running in. When she threw up an AoE I wasn’t expecting, I popped elixir S and ended up getting her.

«Ñiymeria» {Norn Engineer}
Server:• Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Most annoying thing about this part is—-Not being able to skip the final cut scene. First part is skipable, so can only assume the second part is deliberately not skipable. Having to exit and restart the game repeatedly just to get an achievement is not a great way to spend anyone’s time, made worse by that scene.

(edited by Shadey Dancer.2907)

Posted by: TeeracK.3601

TeeracK.3601

they fixed it so invis doesn’t work like the second day of the patch.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Don’t just rely on orange circles

Scarlet has her own version of the guardian downed skill #2 – that’s the unblockable skill (also can’t use stability). Depending on the profession you use you can cheese it.

Using my guardian i just waited in front of her until she used it, then judge’s intervension > F > Aegis for good measure.

Posted by: Changeformer.2654

Changeformer.2654

This is how i did it on my elementalist (should work for all classes that have swiftness source and the ability to dodge – so all of them)
1. Pop swiftness and run to her (the swiftness should be enough to dodge the grenades, if not use 1 dodge)
2. Press F to finish her, but cancel it immediately – that will make her use the AOE knockback
3. dodge the knockback either left or right
4. run back to her and press F fast
If you timed it right this will work all the time. Did it with my ele and after that with my warrior.

Posted by: Forgotten Deus.1423

Forgotten Deus.1423

I’m going to smash something if I have to see the cutscreen again.

Half of the time, It won’t even let me target Scarlet and use a finisher on her.

EDIT: First attempt after posting this, I got the achieve.

(edited by Forgotten Deus.1423)

Posted by: TeeracK.3601

TeeracK.3601

I’m going to smash something if I have to see the cutscreen again.

Half of the time, It won’t even let me target Scarlet and use a finisher on her.

EDIT: First attempt after posting this, I got the achieve.

what was your method? Did you dodge the aoe? it doesnt seem to be doable to me. :\

Posted by: Lapin Diabolique.3265

Lapin Diabolique.3265

After trying for a couple of hours, I did it!
Temporal Curtain > Decoy > Time Warp > stomp!
No dodging needed if you’re quick enough.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-NiPeK1IjI

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

stealth is OP in this game.. use stealth, spam stealth, be close to her, happy stomping.. no dodging required…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Schlez.4236

Schlez.4236

Is it just me or is it impossible with the guardian? I tried following the guides on youtube but I always either A) get shocked or get knocked back when my stomp reaches 95%. And since I’m on a Guardian, I need two seconds to cast quickness but lose all my slot skills. I’ve tried this now 20+ times and I have to say I now regard this Living Story as the worst one ever despite originally being a huge fan of Guild Wars. There’s no point making unskippable cutscenes in an achievement that is so hard to get.

EDIT: Just finally did it. It was a bug but I don’t care anymore. Got stuck in my dodge animation and somehow evaded everything. Good riddance Scarlet, I’m never doing that again.

(edited by Schlez.4236)

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

It was really easy as a guardian. Aegis on initial approach, then Judge’s Intervention after her first push back, spam F and she’s stomped.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Dodging into a wall is now an achievement.

Not figuring out how to use your abilities to avoid, prevent, or block Scarlet’s AOE cheese. Dodging into a wall is how the great heroes saved Tyria.

/slowclap

Posted by: BladeNinja.4671

BladeNinja.4671

I help people with this achievement all the time on my thief. Even after they patch it What i do now is run up to her start the stomp, allow her to shock me/knockback.

Split second inbetween, use Infiltrator Signet and Haste stomp. She doesn’t have enough time to spam the knockback skill if done correctly. Was gonna post a video but ill pass “IF” it gets patched again lol

Aura Slicer X Thief. Pvp svr 007 Oh wait! i’m not suppose to tell you that!

Posted by: Minka.9273

Minka.9273

Just wanted to add how absolutely kittened this part of the story is. I got the achievement on my Ele with the stability + start finisher + Mist Form; have done it a few times since as well.

However, I just tried it again and had a slight hiccup trying to hit MF fast enough and was then bounced around the room like a ping pong just trying to kill the kitten to finish this stupid instance. You can’t get close enough once the shield is up or else you’re bounced back even if she’s not facing you, plus, if you can get inside the bubble while she’s attacking like you’re supposed to, she inevitably knocks you on your kitten right at the end of the cast and you have to try this mess all over. Again, I got my achievement and am happy I’ve done so, but I just wanted to also add my 2 cents about how infuriating this one part can be — for no real purpose other than to make you really hate Scarlet. Mission accomplished. :-P

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Don’t need any special skills or abilities if you can time it right.

Don’t need to run really fast to get to her, make sure you avoid being hit by her smaller aoe’s (might need to dodge once for this). Run AT THE WALL right next to her, the little half-wall thing that she’s in the middle of.

Stay right at the outer edge of your stomp radius. Begin stomp, cancel immediately by dodging into the wall when her massive aoe comes up. If you dodge into the wall you automatically avoid the invisible wall knockback, and you won’t move any further from her, so no need to move back into stomp range. Hit stomp again the moment you finish dodging.

Posted by: bluejay.6739

bluejay.6739

Might I note how ridiculous it is to have a major story point with a mechanic that can be instantly completed with zero effort by one class and requires 40 attempts and studying strategy guides on the Internet to be completed by the rest.

Sadly, with the class balance problems that have plagued this game since release, this is what I have come to expect from ANet’s design team.

Posted by: Cyanchiv.2583

Cyanchiv.2583

I got it on my first try, but I’m an engineer.

I simply dodged forward twice, started the stomp, used Elixer S, and she was dead. First 5 seconds of the fight and she was done. I think I saw someone else talking about using Elixer B and Elixer U for swiftness and quickness, but that’s a bit absurd. You only need Elixer S as an engineer.

Posted by: Cyanchiv.2583

Cyanchiv.2583

Might I note how ridiculous it is to have a major story point with a mechanic that can be instantly completed with zero effort by one class and requires 40 attempts and studying strategy guides on the Internet to be completed by the rest.

Sadly, with the class balance problems that have plagued this game since release, this is what I have come to expect from ANet’s design team.

I completely agree. It isn’t right I should be able to simply run in there, pop a single skill, and be done with it. I guess it’s harder to code that though because engineers don’t have anything appear in the boon bar when becoming invulnerable.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

There are numerous guides in youtube and other sites. It takes less than 30 seconds to watch a video and and perhaps a few more minutes to learn it depending on how good/poor the individual’s cognitive abilities are. Afterwards, assuming that the tactic has been fully understood, success is subject to mechanical skill.

In short, now that the most optimal strats have been discovered, any person should be able to get this done in less than 10 minutes.

Now, before the whole class balance argument is yet brought up again, here’s a video of a naked Norn with NO SKILLS/BOONS doing the achievement with no problems whatsoever

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

With things like this, I got to wonder something:

• We constantly barrage ANet that we want more PvE challenges which are both non-zerg (ideally personal) and still hard to do and personally challenging.
  • We turn around and complain about this not being an automatic achievement for showing up (or something like that).
  • This achievement doesn’t even have a reward. It’s just one of plenty, and you can fill up the meta with dailies if you absolutely got to have it. There’s no point in trying to do the achievement if you don’t enjoy the challenge. At all.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

On my Guardian I targeted her then hit:

Judge’s Intervention
“Stand Your Ground!”
F

Done.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I simply cannot do it, I have no idea why I do dungeons, fractals, whatever just fine, but I simply don´t succeed here. And you know what: That is completely fine. I don´t get the achievement because I kitten FAIL TO ACHIEVE. I am certainly not crying at Anet´s door because of my own inability.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It took me 5 tries to lose my patience. Then I got a group of players, played through the entire battle, and had them help me get the achievement. This is a very annoying achievement.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Carighan.6758

It took me 5 tries to lose my patience. Then I got a group of players, played through the entire battle, and had them help me get the achievement. This is a very annoying achievement.

It depends a ton on class. If you got an Elementalist it’s trivial (teleport next to her, start stomp, immediately press Mist Form).

It can also be pretty easy on a lot of classes.
Mesmer for example:

• Blink next to her.
  • Start stomp.
  • Dodge the knockback.
  • Time Warp.
  • Stomp.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Well I play a necromancer, so I have access to two teleport skills: Flesh Wurm and Spectral Walk. You’d think that would make it easy. But the time window to execute the finisher is so small, that I kept failing it over and over again. And that really isn’t enjoyable to me.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Carighan.6758

Hrm, Necromancer is tricky. I don’t play one, no clue how I’d do it on one. No personal access to Quickness, right?

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Or it’s a great opportunity to review the stomp mechanics, downed skills and utilities of certain classes..
^^^^^^^^^^ HINT ABOVE^^^^^^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.