When will the Blade Shard merchant appear?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Trading
Rumors tell of a merchant interested in items from major events in Tyria’s recent history, including Blade Shards. Players are encouraged to hold on to these items if they are interested in trading with her when she appears.

So how long do you intend for us to keep these stacks as useless clutter in our bank? It’s nice that there’s going to be a merchant and all, but I was hoping it would come sooner than later.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

how about also adding a possibility to trade belongings and heirlooms? i failed to use mine in time.

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

Posted by: kitsuneshoujo.5734

kitsuneshoujo.5734

I’d like to trade in all my shards and other junk for the items so I can get the halo. >.> I wasnt able to get enough before the end.

Posted by: Palimow.6342

Palimow.6342

how about also adding a possibility to trade belongings and heirlooms? i failed to use mine in time.

I hate to say it but that is on you alone for not using the heirlooms and belonging. It was posted several times that the vendors would be removed with this patch.

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

I hate to say it but that is on you alone for not using the heirlooms and belonging. It was posted several times that the vendors would be removed with this patch.

Posted where? On the forums? Most of the player base does not read those, so most players did not have any notice about it. This information was not in-game or in the previous patch notes. There is absolutely no harm in keeping the belongings and heirlooms vendors around for a few extra days.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

Posted by: keichi.5107

keichi.5107

Just forget the dam Heirlooms… It’s your own fault for not reading the forum.

Back to topic.. WHERE is the kitten new Vendor?!

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

It is our responsibility as players to gather as much information of the going’s on in game as possible. Personally, I watch the forums and FB page very carefully. I’ll admit I don’t watch Twitter or Reddit. That being the case, it’s my fault if I miss something on Twitter or Reddit, and I’ll take responsibility for missing anything there. MY FAULT! That being said, it’s our responsibility to do the research, and we’ve only ourselves to blame if we miss something.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Posted where? On the forums? Most of the player base does not read those, so most players did not have any notice about it. This information was not in-game or in the previous patch notes. There is absolutely no harm in keeping the belongings and heirlooms vendors around for a few extra days.

Sorry but he is right. Every single time is the same.

Learn to spend every tradable items on time and save all non-tradable items until further notice. Also, learn to read forums and wiki (you can use Dev Tracker to see official statements only).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: ChicoAlva.6931

ChicoAlva.6931

I don’t understand why you guys care about the reason he ended up with the heirlooms and belongings. That is irrelevant to the point he was making. If the merchant can trade the blades, it should not be that difficult for them to add the other two items to be traded also. Nothing wrong with that.

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

I don’t understand why you guys care about the reason he ended up with the heirlooms and belongings. That is irrelevant to the point he was making. If the merchant can trade the blades, it should not be that difficult for them to add the other two items to be traded also. Nothing wrong with that.

Agreed

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

It already sounds like they will it says… Recent history including blade shards so they want more then just the shards.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

In contrast to your statements, you do read the forums. Therefore, you have no excuse.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Trading
Rumors tell of a merchant interested in items from major events in Tyria’s recent history, including Blade Shards. Players are encouraged to hold on to these items if they are interested in trading with her when she appears.

So how long do you intend for us to keep these stacks as useless clutter in our bank? It’s nice that there’s going to be a merchant and all, but I was hoping it would come sooner than later.

if it was gonna take days for the stupid NPC to arrive why bother putting that info in the patch notes !!!

kittening people off !!!

Posted by: Vidal.4306

Vidal.4306

the fact that there are so many people who didn’t know the traders would be taken out of the game is evidence that the information was not released effectively. The ONLY reason I’m on the forum now, the first time since a week after the game launched, is because it came up in my google searches looking to see if we would be able to use the found belongings and heirlooms at a future date.

To add insult, the camps where the traders used to be are still there for no reason…where’s the logic in that?

Posting information on a forum that so many players don’t use isn’t working, not to mention not necessary when information can be released in game…

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

While I agree that not many people post it on the forums, it was also posted as a link in the game client to follow and read before entering the game.

posting to the forums alone IS a poor means of getting info to players, as the ANET team themselves have admitted not many people come here.

However, when the patch/load client has a post on there as well, and players either ignore it or set it to auto play and thus bypass notices and such, really, that IS their own fault then. Critical information is delivered by that method, and players should make it a point of taking heed, or accept the consequences.

Posted by: Darquer.6813

Darquer.6813

The shutting down of the vendors and the attitude of players saying that we should know to be reading forums, updates, etc. makes the assumption that we have been given reason to before. As a new player, I never experienced an “end game” or had reason to expect these items would become useless trash.

In all the other games I’ve played, important announcements were always in game and would in some cases link to forums for additional information. I never had to scan forums daily to make sure I wasn’t getting screwed. I battled for thousands of belongings, and somehow, I deserve that it is now just more junk.

“Urge to quit rising!”

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

While I agree that not many people post it on the forums, it was also posted as a link in the game client to follow and read before entering the game.

I don’t think it was.
Go on, go to the launcher. You can see the history of everything that was posted lately. Nothing about the end of the vendors in there.

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

Would be nice to have an official answer on how long we have to keep all these items stored :/

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Bump. It’s been a month since it was mentioned in the patch notes, but as of yet no merchant has appeared. Any chance of an update on this?

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I expect another mention (hopefully announcing where the merchant can now be found) in the April 15 patchnotes.

(By the way, you can’t really expect the addition of new content after ArenaNet actually announced that the Feature Update (now set for April 15th) would be the soonest update.)

(edited by Jornophelanthas.1475)

Posted by: Khattnip.1908

Khattnip.1908

One would think we’ll learn on the 15th, perhaps Lions Arch engineers are looking for something to start rebuilding with? There’s all this metal kicking around anyways!

Such savings, very Ogden, wow!

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

He/she/it will probably come along with the precursor scavenger hunt.

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

He/she/it will probably come along with the precursor scavenger hunt.

I see what you did there.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

There has been no mention of when this npc will appear, I hope they add him in today’s patch so i can free up 53 slots from my bank >.<

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

There has been no mention of when this npc will appear, I hope they add him in today’s patch so i can free up 53 slots from my bank >.<

That… that is just too many blade shards.

Although, now that I think about it, if I hadn’t scrapped seven stacks I’d have 16 myself.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

10 stacks for me (although I’m keeping 1 stack for an eventual upgrade to a Static skin).

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

That… that is just too many blade shards.

Although, now that I think about it, if I hadn’t scrapped seven stacks I’d have 16 myself.

They were giving 40 each time for winning in tpvp and before i knew it i was swimming in them lol! Now if we can just get the NPC…..

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I would like to contribute to this thread by saying that we at least would like an update as to when this merchant is going to appear. How long do I need to hold on to these for? 2 weeks? 2 months? This should have been thought out and implemented better.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Trolaw.7095

Trolaw.7095

If anything the merchant will probably be added in the next bazaar

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I think it will appear at the same time when holding on to all those ascended materials will be useful (as Devon said many months ago).

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

what about the vendor in LA that doesn’t work, maybe they did add it but it bugged out.