A Rallying Flame?

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Ebi.8561

Ebi.8561

How do we complete this last achievement?

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: MatthewMedina

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

Next

This will be achievable once all of the Molten Facilities have been destroyed. :-)

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Ebi.8561

Ebi.8561

Thanks!!
Also, can we continue different dungeons? or do we have to wait for them to spawn or do we go searching?

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Previous

Paul Belz.7351

You will need to wait for them to spawn. Only one dungeon entrance will be available at a time.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

If we promise to be good boys and girls will you stop putting in dungeons that are only available for 12 days?

I like the the Molten Facility dungeon ><

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

How do we complete this last achievement?

You have to do WoW raiding, apparently, as the instances needed to complete the achievement, unlike every other part of the Living Story content, aren’t soloable.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kai Darkness.5801

Kai Darkness.5801

It’s a dungeon.. same as every other in the game except theres only one path!

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Hatter.8159

Hatter.8159

Do you even have to complete any of the Dungeons to achieve A Rallying Flame? It just says “Commemorate the completion of the Flame and Frost story arc in Lion’s Arch, Hoelbrak, or Black Citadel”

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: sonicwylde.2906

sonicwylde.2906

You have to do WoW raiding, apparently, as the instances needed to complete the achievement, unlike every other part of the Living Story content, aren’t soloable.

Um WoW Raiding is a completely different experience than a 5-man dungeon that can be done with a PuG and is not super easy nor super hard.

Raiding requires at the least 10 people … To equate the Molten Facility with WoW Raiding is just rather inane.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-guide-to-flame-frost-retribution/

A Rallying Flame Achievement

This achievement can only be earned during the epilogue, which starts on Sunday, May 12 at 12:00pm Pacific and remains active until Thursday, May 16 at 12:00am Pacific. You can earn this achievement by interacting with a bonfire in either Lion’s Arch, Hoelbrak, or the Black Citadel.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Vulpis.8063

Um WoW Raiding is a completely different experience than a 5-man dungeon that can be done with a PuG and is not super easy nor super hard.

Raiding requires at the least 10 people … To equate the Molten Facility with WoW Raiding is just rather inane.

Given that WoW also does 5-man raids, and every other part of the F&F arc…including the previous pair of instances that were designed for 5-person groups…were still soloable (rather difficult, but still doable, which is exactly the challenge level I’m looking for)? There’s really no excuse for ending the arc like this.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Kai Darkness.5801

It’s not currently ended….. Just saying!

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Vulpis.8063

It’s not currently ended….. Just saying!

Oh? According to all sources I know of, this is the last section, and even that vanishes after the 12th, so yes, it is ended, and on a rather sour note with this forced-group dungeon after all the previous content nicely balanced for solos and groups.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Coyote.1847

Coyote.1847

It ends MAY 12th. It has NOT ended or even started yet.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Vulpis.8063

It ends MAY 12th. It has NOT ended or even started yet.

You might want to check again. The dungeon instance is already in the game, along with the two ‘cut-scene’ instances that can only be gotten if you complete the dungeon instance. There’s one cut-scene ‘epilogue’ that is on the 12th itself.
So yes, unless Arenanet is going to pull some content-rabbit out of their hat between now and then, it’s effectively ended. Even more so for those of us who can’t stand forced-grouping.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Kai Darkness.5801

It hasn’t ended, there is still a single FaF achievement to be completed.
“A Rallying Flame – Commemorate the completion of the Flame and Frost story arc in Lion’s Arch, Hoelbrak, or the Black Citadel.”
So there is at least something more to do, even if it is just watch a cinematic, but currently theres a tonne of refugees preparing to move to Southsun Cove. We have had no sight of our personal nemesis, who we are assuming will appear this time around and not in the next installment of Living Story.

The dungeon entries move until May 12th.

And to be fair it was clearly advertised as a dungeon, hardly a surprise. For the interest of community building I can’t really fault them for making it a group instance to aid in the discussion of living story.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Vulpis.8063

“A Rallying Flame – Commemorate the completion of the Flame and Frost story arc in Lion’s Arch, Hoelbrak, or the Black Citadel.”
So there is at least something more to do, even if it is just watch a cinematic, but currently theres a tonne of refugees preparing to move to Southsun Cove. We have had no sight of our personal nemesis, who we are assuming will appear this time around and not in the next installment of Living Story.

And to be fair it was clearly advertised as a dungeon, hardly a surprise. For the interest of community building I can’t really fault them for making it a group instance to aid in the discussion of living story.

The ‘Rallying Flame’ is the epilogue I mentioned, that’s only active for one day. (I’m still..amused that this Climactic Ending is only going to be around less than half the time the April Fool’s Day content made by one person has been.)
And yes, I can fault them, for making it forced grouping when none of the other content leading up to it requires it whatsoever, and they’ve well proved they’re very capable of putting in alternatives alongside just a WoW-clone dungeon-run.
And yes, I know the Personal Story pulls the same stunt, which at this point makes me wish I still had blissful ignorance instead of having looked ahead in the wiki—given I’ve really liked GW2 until this point, I’m put in mind of of a banana split with delicious ice cream and freshly made whipped-cream…which is then topped by raw sewage which is subsequently set on fire and presented as a flambe.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Kai Darkness.5801

That’s like describing the other dungeons as “forced grouping”. Open world PvE is solo-able, then suddenly dungeons appear which are 5 man parties…
Do you have an issue with the Arah Story Mode dungeon as part of the storyline?
This builds up the same way that does, just on a smaller scale.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Vulpis.8063

That’s like describing the other dungeons as “forced grouping”. Open world PvE is solo-able, then suddenly dungeons appear which are 5 man parties…
Do you have an issue with the Arah Story Mode dungeon as part of the storyline?
This builds up the same way that does, just on a smaller scale.

Just checked the wiki, and yeah, that’s the one that makes me wish I’d never looked ahead in the wiki, as it makes the rest of the effort leading up to it into a waste of time.
The rest of the dungeons are presented as optional side-stories—they’re ‘Meanwhile back with Destiny’s Edge’, showing what’s going on with the rest of the old group while you’re off doing your Personal Story missions. Arah is required for the Personal story…and it seems like a rather idiotic choice to make it a Forced Grouping Dungeon (about the only excuse is that the rest of the DE stories are dungeons…then again, making those into forced grouping doesn’t exactly make much sense either, outside of the flimsy excuse of needed to justify the dungeons themselves—it really doesn’t reflect well on the abilities of DE that they keep needing a full team of players to get things done, while in all of your Personal missions you’re working with a lot less capablity…). They could have had just you and DE running around the mission, rather than requiring multiple players.
Not to mention, I don’t know how they handle it in dialogue, but how the heck do they justify 5 people all being able to claim to be Trehearne’s personal second-in-command at the same time? :-) Doing it as a 5-person raid doesn’t even make sense in story context. At least the Living Story dungeon does have that much sense to it.

And yes, forced grouping does describe the dungeons—Open world events are soloable (mostly), or have drop-in/drop-out ‘grouping’, with the option of a formal group. Every other instance in the Personal Story is soloable, again with the option (but not requirement) to buddy up with friends to do it as a formal group. That scant handful of optional story dungeons (then again, to a certain degree you could call the Personal Story optional as well, as it’s not mandatory to leveling, exploring, getting gear and the like) are the only ones that require grouping…with Arah being the one and only one required in the entirety of the Personal Story. It’s aggravatingly inconsistant, and the other mental image I keep getting is of someone getting two steps from the end of a 5-mile run and suddenly deciding they need to wear their pants on their head and walk on their hands.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Kai Darkness.5801

This is heading extremely far from the original post

The story modes are just that. Showing how a group of individuals refusing to work together (in your personal story) suddenly come together at the end to face an elder dragon. They justify how the rift is mended etc.

I actually think the choice to justify facing Zhaitan with more than 1 person justified, the same way as you cannot actually physically harm him yourself, it takes the collective of all the races/orders ingenuity, the best people on the continent of Tyria and months (citation needed but we presume) of work (in game time) to even reach Zhaitan and Orr.

The need for groups of individuals to face things like minor dragon champions (such as the corrupted kodan in HotW etc) or huge golems (in SE) actually shows that one person cannot change the fate of Tyria….
In the personal storyline I can think of few occasions where you possess the ability to take on millions of enemies at once and live to tell the tale…
There are some situations where a small group of individuals can accomplish great deeds with some luck and approaching with the right tactic, but rarely can one person defeat a force great in number….!!!!

Also, lore wise I never think he expressly calls you his only second in command, singular.
The same as WvW, multiple commanders can operate at the same time. It is much the same with the choices in the story arc post-Claw Island. You are given an option to fulfill a mission, where the other is stated to be done, just not by you. Why can this not be by the other commanders?

Dynamic events (while solo-able) are designed to be done in groups. With that in mind I personally think any event solo-able is only solo-able due to foresight by the developers of not having full maps with overflow permanently. Lore wise I’d imagine that there were groups there but for the sake of gameplay having to wait for people to show up to every event is unfeasible.

I cannot imagine any scenario where Rox, Braham and one other person could take on the two Legendary bosses in the dungeon… with the combined tech and magical combinations both of the individuals possess. The charr is twice the size of a standard Norn!!!!!

Personally this has gone very off topic and should just be closed as the initial (and several other) questions were answered!

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

What if we’re not around on May 12th? I have no idea what I might be doing that day. I did all the other story achievements, and I don’t want to miss out on my Fused Weapon Skin just because I might not be able to log in on that day.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Given that WoW also does 5-man raids

Called dungeons there too.

and every other part of the F&F arc…including the previous pair of instances that were designed for 5-person groups…were still soloable (rather difficult, but still doable, which is exactly the challenge level I’m looking for)?

You can solo this one if you’re good enough. Nothing in it requires 5 players to be present. You want a challenge right? This is a challenge.

There’s really no excuse for ending the arc like this.

They don’t need it. It’s a well designed dungeon with an epic boss fight. Personal preference on your part is just that. If you want solo play, go play an offline game. And it’s not like you can’t get a random group in less than a minute anyway.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

What if we’re not around on May 12th? I have no idea what I might be doing that day. I did all the other story achievements, and I don’t want to miss out on my Fused Weapon Skin just because I might not be able to log in on that day.

It’s available for multiple days right?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Stevens.2791

Stevens.2791

How do you know it ends with a Fused Weapon Skin?

– Son, I’m gonna blow that dumb look right off your stupid face. -

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Makarei.4316

Makarei.4316

Its not is just some fused gloves item.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: tmorrow.5189

tmorrow.5189

You can solo this one if you’re good enough. Nothing in it requires 5 players to be present. You want a challenge right? This is a challenge.

What percentage of the playerbase could solo this do you think? Under 5% at best. My party wiped 8 times on the 2 end bosses before we completed it. I spent most of my time on the run to stay alive and was rarely able to do any damage. All of the others went down multiple times, but when they were up they did decent damge, enough to complete it eventually.

They don’t need it. It’s a well designed dungeon with an epic boss fight. Personal preference on your part is just that. If you want solo play, go play an offline game. And it’s not like you can’t get a random group in less than a minute anyway.

It is not a well designed dungeon when it excludes players natural playing preferences. That is poor design. Players then miss out or are forced into playing in a manner that is not fun for them. There is no reason for dungeons not scaling with the number of players, even a single player, especially since Arenanet have already demonstrated they can do this easily enough.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Christ, when did the gaming community of a genre where the purpose is NOT to solo become so anti-social?

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

This achievement can only be earned during the epilogue, which starts on Sunday, May 12 at 12:00pm Pacific and remains active until Thursday, May 16 at 12:00am Pacific. You can earn this achievement by interacting with a bonfire in either Lion’s Arch, Hoelbrak, or the Black Citadel.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————
***I wish you could just log in during these days and if everything else was done you would auto complete it. OR be notified when you log in during this time that the ceremony is going on so, you’d know about it. For those that like to play the game “in-game” and not see spoilers on the wiki (or that don’t know about the wiki like i didn’t till a couple weeks in.)sad, yes i know.) I prefer to play the game, in-game and not have to research through multiple forum posts about what is going to happen. All content/ necessary information to complete active in-game stuff should be made available in-game imo. I constantly have to go outside the game to figure out what’s going on. Previous MMO’s i’ve played never had to do this as much.

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Kelly.7019

• for instance, In the Achievement panel under Living Story if you roll your mouse over “A Rallying Flame” it says “Commemorate the completion of the Flame and Frost Story arc in Lion’s Arch, Hoelbrak or the Black citadel.” but it doesn’t tell you how or when. It should restate the first paragraph above* to make it simple and clear.

(edited by Kelly.7019)

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Kelly.7019

What percentage of the playerbase could solo this do you think? Under 5% at best. My party wiped 8 times on the 2 end bosses before we completed it. I spent most of my time on the run to stay alive and was rarely able to do any damage. All of the others went down multiple times, but when they were up they did decent damge, enough to complete it eventually.

It is not a well designed dungeon when it excludes players natural playing preferences. That is poor design. Players then miss out or are forced into playing in a manner that is not fun for them. There is no reason for dungeons not scaling with the number of players, even a single player, especially since Arenanet have already demonstrated they can do this easily enough.

I think its a well designed dungeon, fun to play, wish it was going to be here permanently. The dungeon does scale you up to 80 (“The Molten Facility is a level-80 single-path dungeon experience where players fight alongside Rox Whetstone and Braham Eirsson. All players who enter are scaled up to level 80”). We ran a pug with four 80’s and one 70 just fine. Final boss fight- (Bosses looked epic btw-gratz to designers) easy to complete. imo. Went in knowing nothing about it, completed it in one run.

(edited by Kelly.7019)

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

So much whining about having to group up for this dungeon. How can so many antisocial people be playing this online game? Go play your Wii if you don’t want to play with other people. That’s like going to a steakhouse and then complaining that you had to eat steak.

I had a blast in this arc and the final bosses are so much fun, it was nice to share that “Oh man this is so cool.” moment with the other people in my group.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Vulpis.8063

Nope, 24 hours only. Good luck!

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Vulpis.8063

So much whining about having to group up for this dungeon. How can so many antisocial people be playing this online game? Go play your Wii if you don’t want to play with other people. That’s like going to a steakhouse and then complaining that you had to eat steak.

I had a blast in this arc and the final bosses are so much fun, it was nice to share that “Oh man this is so cool.” moment with the other people in my group.

Is it really that hard a concept to comprehend the difference between ‘Interacting with other people and teaming up if I want to’, and ‘You have no other choice but to team up with other people, some or all of which may be losers, creeps, or jerks, and lodestones holding you back rather than helping’ (I deal with that enough at my job—why would I ever want that here??) ? To respond to the ‘Go play SP games!’ whine, I’d equally respond with ‘Well why aren’t you playing CoD and TF2, then, if you’re so bent on having to be part of a group?’

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Vulpis.8063

I think its a well designed dungeon, fun to play, wish it was going to be here permanently. The dungeon does scale you up to 80 (“The Molten Facility is a level-80 single-path dungeon experience where players fight alongside Rox Whetstone and Braham Eirsson. All players who enter are scaled up to level 80”). We ran a pug with four 80’s and one 70 just fine. Final boss fight- (Bosses looked epic btw-gratz to designers) easy to complete. imo. Went in knowing nothing about it, completed it in one run.

In the dev’s defence, from all reports it is a well-designed dungeon (I presume, since I’m not going to see it past the first room). It is not, however, a well-designed ending to a multi-month storyline that has from the beginning to this point been perfectly enjoyable by a group of 1 person.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vewen.8016

Vewen.8016

In the dev’s defence, from all reports it is a well-designed dungeon (I presume, since I’m not going to see it past the first room). It is not, however, a well-designed ending to a multi-month storyline that has from the beginning to this point been perfectly enjoyable by a group of 1 person.

I’m sorry but… MMO. Massive multiplayer. If you hate playing with other people, why are you still playing this game? But i can understand your point: the big mistake Anet made is not making everything a dungeon requiring 5 people. Other MMO’s do thsi as well: you can play on your own until max level, and then you’ll have to group up for most of the max level PvE content: are you blaming them too? You’re blaming Anet for putting the massive multiplayer into an MMO. That’s a pretty weak attack, no matter how you put it.

I can only say: grow a pair and get together with 4 random people and run through it. It’s fun, and you might just get out of your singleplayer shell.

(edited by Vewen.8016)

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Vulpis.8063

I’m sorry but… MMO. Massive multiplayer. If you hate playing with other people, why are you still playing this game? But i can understand your point: the big mistake Anet made is not making everything a dungeon requiring 5 people. Other MMO’s do thsi as well: you can play on your own until max level, and then you’ll have to group up for most of the max level PvE content: are you blaming them too? You’re blaming Anet for putting the massive multiplayer into an MMO. That’s a pretty weak attack, no matter how you put it.

I can only say: grow a pair and get together with 4 random people and run through it. It’s fun, and you might just get out of your singleplayer shell.

I don’t hate playing with other people. I hate being forced to play with other people in a formal grouping arrangement, especially with rubber-hose tactics that boil down to ‘PUG with 4 random schlubs, or your entire effort on the storyline for the past few months was a complete waste of time’.

And…reading over the rest of your comment, I can only wonder if you actually know what the term ‘multiplayer’ means. A multiplayer game is one where there are multiple players in the game. That’s it. Nowhere in this is anything that says that they have to be organized into little teams (I can think of a few terms I’d use to describe this behavior, but even if the filters would let it pass, I don’t think the moderators would..) or even be working on the same tasks. It just says that there are more than one person playing in the world-setting.

And no, not all MMOs require grouping for max-level content—as a matter of fact, that tends to be a quality that attract me to playing a given MMO, or at the very least prevents me from finding someplace else once I hit that level. GW1 was wonderful for that factor—hitting cap was just the beginning, and for any of the main storyline content (as opposed to the side-story dungeons), you never had to group. Champions and Star Trek Online have plenty of solo content at cap. City Of…depends on if you were subscribed or f2p—there were additional post-cap levels there that were grouping, but also only for subbers. Heck, even DCUO has been progressively adding solo end-game content as they’ve gone along, despite their nastiness.

As for what I’m blaming Anet for, it’s for sticking a forced-grouping WoW Raid dungeon at the end of a series of content where they’ve consistantly demonstrated the ability to create content suitable for both solo and multiplayer participation. If they must make it multiplayer, there’s plenty of other means than a raid dungeon. Equally, there’s plenty of ways to make an instance playable by solos without taking away the ability of a group to run it. Making this the only way to complete the Living Story (and subsequently receive any rewards whatsoever from it) is what the basic complaint is. Give me a hard (but doable) solo instance any day, over forcing me into a situation where I might end up stuck grouped with someone like, say, you, with no choice in the matter.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Vulpis.8063

Nope…it’s more like going to the steakhouse and the only thing at all you’re allowed to eat is steak, despite having been seated right next to the salad bar.
There’s a vast difference between ‘Playing with other people in the world’ and ‘Being forced into a group with them’.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: iamarcadia.7203

iamarcadia.7203

Uhhh… According to the official guide, it’s available from May 12 to May 16. You have several days. See: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-guide-to-flame-frost-retribution/

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Is it really that hard a concept to comprehend the difference between ‘Interacting with other people and teaming up if I want to’, and ‘You have no other choice but to team up with other people, some or all of which may be losers, creeps, or jerks, and lodestones holding you back rather than helping’ (I deal with that enough at my job—why would I ever want that here??) ? To respond to the ‘Go play SP games!’ whine, I’d equally respond with ‘Well why aren’t you playing CoD and TF2, then, if you’re so bent on having to be part of a group?’

I do play TF2 and COD just played them to death >_>

also scaleing content only kinda works. a 5 man team doing any of the 1 to 5 man content. Face role it.

the best group experiences come from content that is built for a set number of people. as Devs only have to focus on 1 set number.

also an over reaching theem in this game is that some time’s you have to suck it up and work together if you plan on getting something done ((see all of the Destanys Edg story ark))

Oh wate right you cant see that story ark because you cant suck it up find a group of people that you actually like and play with them. hell who know’s if you look real hard you might end up on a team of people that are better than you and you might learn something.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: DesertEagle PWN.1509

DesertEagle PWN.1509

The ‘Rallying Flame’ is the epilogue I mentioned, that’s only active for one day. (I’m still..amused that this Climactic Ending is only going to be around less than half the time the April Fool’s Day content made by one person has been.)
And yes, I can fault them, for making it forced grouping when none of the other content leading up to it requires it whatsoever, and they’ve well proved they’re very capable of putting in alternatives alongside just a WoW-clone dungeon-run.
And yes, I know the Personal Story pulls the same stunt, which at this point makes me wish I still had blissful ignorance instead of having looked ahead in the wiki—given I’ve really liked GW2 until this point, I’m put in mind of of a banana split with delicious ice cream and freshly made whipped-cream…which is then topped by raw sewage which is subsequently set on fire and presented as a flambe.

I think you’re being too critical. If you want to play in a world by yourself, Guild Wars 2 isn’t the game to play. I enjoy the vast amounts of solo content in Guild Wars 2, but trying to fault the developers for giving you group content that you don’t have to do just seems silly.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

UnderdogSMO.9428

snip.

you know the main difference between this and a wow raid ((other than the Number’s, combat system, AI mechanics, AI companions that actually do stuff, the fact that you don’t need to do it in order to progress withen the game.))

the fact that over all you are still accountable for your own survivability. In WoW you need a tank a healer and the DPS. or you die.

In GW2 if you die its no buddy’s fult but your own, If your as good as you think you are, it should be no Problem to take charge and lead a small pug to victory.

if you don’t want to hold players hand’s and carry the team, Join a guild with players that are ablest as good or better than you.
((if and Only IF i pug I often get stuck carrying my team.))

you cant do that in wow.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

UnderdogSMO.9428

I think you’re being too critical. If you want to play in a world by yourself, Guild Wars 2 isn’t the game to play. I enjoy the vast amounts of solo content in Guild Wars 2, but trying to fault the developers for giving you group content that you don’t have to do just seems silly.

Nod this is a group game first and formost, so much so that they made it so you can group without ever haveing to send a request when your out in the world.

you may not have there health bar on the left side of your screen but your still working together with them.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

If we promise to be good boys and girls will you stop putting in dungeons that are only available for 12 days?

I like the the Molten Facility dungeon ><

I think a lot of people like it, but theres no real money in it, no armor or weapons in it, and I think thats what they want, to just add in more of these little instances and remove them and keep adding armor and weapon skins to the gem store, what a scam.

And to think that fractals had so much potential and they seem to have forgotten it even is there, so sad, what a waste. Well guess we just wait for the next failed mmo.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sunju.8310

Sunju.8310

Actually, it lasts until the 16th. You’re ill informed and pathetically whiny. GW2 is an MMO. Don’t play a purely online game if you want a solo experience. If you’re going to anyways, then don’t bloody well whinge on about being forced to do one epic group event that only takes about an hour if you run with people who don’t suck. One is hindrance enough.

It’s a fun dungeon if you grow up and refuse to act like the entitled, spoiled brat that you’ve led me to believe you are. It just makes you one more reason for misanthropes everywhere to feel justified.

Few sympathize with a fool, so announcing your singularly absurd complaints in the forum will get you little else, but spite and loathing. Knowing that people like you exist is a day ruiner, man. I’d be embarrassed if I accepted that you’re part of the same species as I. As I don’t know what you look like, though, I’ll just choose to believe that you’re a Sasquatch with a decent grasp of English and the workings of modern technology.

“A favourite war hero of mine got his tongue shot out.”
“How’d that happen?”
“He doesn’t talk about it.” – Stephen Fry

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Given that WoW also does 5-man raids, and every other part of the F&F arc…including the previous pair of instances that were designed for 5-person groups…were still soloable (rather difficult, but still doable, which is exactly the challenge level I’m looking for)? There’s really no excuse for ending the arc like this.

It really is nothing like a raid, but it is very much like a dungeon.

The first two dungeons were anything but difficult. You may want to check your gear or play a different profession. They were some of the easiest content in the game.

It’s hard to argue the point about it being bad/good that they ended it like this. I like that they ended it in a dungeon, you don’t. Many people love the new dungeon, as do I. This is an MMO and much of it is designed around partying with others, so don’t be surprised when some content requires it. I actually appreciate that some of the content is soloable and some is not. It gives a good variety.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Nope…it’s more like going to the steakhouse and the only thing at all you’re allowed to eat is steak, despite having been seated right next to the salad bar.
There’s a vast difference between ‘Playing with other people in the world’ and ‘Being forced into a group with them’.

It’s not really like that at all. There is content for both groups and for solo. It’s like going t a restaurant and having a big menu fool of different foods, and there is this one item called a ‘platter’ that is designed to be eaten with other people. It’s really unfair though, because on the menu right above the platter is a single-person appetizer, so it’s really unfair that the Restaurant has made this item that requires a group of people to eat.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sunju.8310

Sunju.8310

It’s not a huge under taking. It’s a short, fun, interesting dungeon with some neat nuances and a chance for a cool Jet Pack. Being forced to run one small dungeon isn’t some slap in the face, it’s a perfectly acceptable, even expected, occurrence in any MMO.. GW2 needs more reasons for people to group together, communicate, socialize, etc… Besides, if you could solo the climax, then it would be pathetic. What a puss threat to the world it would be if one person and a couple of NPCs could beat it.

If you used your head instead of your whine, then you’d realize that you don’t have to PUG anything. /Map LF Mature/Silly/Funny/Hardcore/Casual/ WHATEVER Guild will put you on the path to having fun people you like to play with if the need arises. No one’s forcing you to PUG, that’s entirely your own fault and is easily rectified.

Your inability to internally syllogise is evident in your every post. No one is hell bent on being forced to do anything; we’re just not neurotic, self obsessed pansies like you. There’s no crisis here, that’s entirely your own creepy issue. This dungeon is simply an opportunity to experience an awesome one time event in the history of Tyria. Getting to experience it with other people is a boon if you’d quit crapping where you eat.

Grow a pair, use your head, and realize there’s an entire forum simultaneously laughing at you while weeping for humanity’s shame. Resolve to enjoy what you’ve got, instead of futilely complaining about a problem that is entirely of your own making. Such a tiny thing to get upset over, and one that is so easily resolved… My mission to fix dumb people will never be over, I fear.

It’s a fantastic way to end this historic moment in Tyria. What’s really pitiful is that you won’t really be a part of it, and for no good reason at all. Welcome to the world of MMOs; where your self obsessed opinions have no clout whatsoever.

Solo dungeons are very fun, but this a temporary event. Making multiple versions of a dungeon, which will disappear soon enough, would have been a waste of time. Devs have to utilize their time for things that actually matter, after all. Why would they care about pandering to a minute faction when they have to continue forging the bonds that hold together GW2’s community? Selfish little prat -_-

Nope, this is an MMO the Steak House and this dungeon is barely even an entree. Quit griping about an hour long dungeon that you can run with guild mates, or with PUGs who have good gear and dungeon experience. All you have to do is ask for them to link some Exotic dungeon gear, durrrr. If you give those people a chance you might even find yourself in a good guild.

I pray you aren’t blinded by the light of common bloody sense. The divine NikeCoca-ColaSony Triumvirate help us if you actually had something worth complaining about. ô-(-_-)-ô

“A favourite war hero of mine got his tongue shot out.”
“How’d that happen?”
“He doesn’t talk about it.” – Stephen Fry

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Vulpis.8063

It’s not really like that at all. There is content for both groups and for solo. It’s like going t a restaurant and having a big menu fool of different foods, and there is this one item called a ‘platter’ that is designed to be eaten with other people. It’s really unfair though, because on the menu right above the platter is a single-person appetizer, so it’s really unfair that the Restaurant has made this item that requires a group of people to eat.

Oh? So show me—where is the means to finish the personal storyline, other than having to do a dungeon, rather than a personal mission or an actual event. I have yet to find this option.

Similarly, where is the alternative to the Living Story dungeon, in the form of either a soloable and groupable instance or an actual event? Again, I certainly haven’t seen anything of the sort.

The issue isn’t the dungeon in and of itself—the problem is that it’s the only way to complete the storyline, and that the only people out of the entire player base that are allowed to receive any final reward for the effort put into this Living Story event are the dungeon-raiders. Everyone else gets nothing, not even a secondary reward.

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Vulpis.8063

Actually, it lasts until the 16th. You’re ill informed and pathetically whiny. GW2 is an MMO. Don’t play a purely online game if you want a solo experience. If you’re going to anyways, then don’t bloody well whinge on about being forced to do one epic group event that only takes about an hour if you run with people who don’t suck. One is hindrance enough.

It’s a fun dungeon if you grow up and refuse to act like the entitled, spoiled brat that you’ve led me to believe you are. It just makes you one more reason for misanthropes everywhere to feel justified.

Few sympathize with a fool, so announcing your singularly absurd complaints in the forum will get you little else, but spite and loathing. Knowing that people like you exist is a day ruiner, man. I’d be embarrassed if I accepted that you’re part of the same species as I. As I don’t know what you look like, though, I’ll just choose to believe that you’re a Sasquatch with a decent grasp of English and the workings of modern technology.

The information about the epilogue ending on the 16th is indeed mea culpa—I’m not sure if it was my misreading, or seeing inaccurate info, but I had been under the impression the epilogue started on the 12th and then was to disappear on the following day.

As for the rest…hmm. I’m guessing you’re a WoW player who came into GW2, and never played GW1. The attitude you’re attempting to project onto me very much fits that profile. I’m betting at some point, you’ve complained that Guild Wars has no end-game content, and/or not enough Dungeons.

Yes, Mandatory Dungeons/Raids are an accepted part of any MMO except Guild Wars. One of the hallmarks of Guild Wars 1 was that they did the exact opposite—none of the dungeons were at all required to complete the storyline (though I do seem to recall a couple of missions that used the same maps, but with a different mix of enemies and with some paths cut off). They were bonus content, and that was it. I only finished one of the three main (Four, if you’re counting the Eye of the North) storylines personally (Factions, though I got about halfway through the others as well), and not once was there a mandatory requirement to do a Dungeon run.

By the way, where is this ‘epic group event’ you’re refering to? I’ve seen epic group events in several places in GW2, including the Maw and the Fire Elemental. (Though to be honest, I saw more epic events back on Rift—ever been through an Invasion over there? Unfortunately, the place is subscription-based, unlike either Guild Wars.) All I’m seeing here is a 5-man raid dungeon. A dungeon that serves as a roadblock to actually completing this event, with no alternatives, and no choice, other than to write off the past months of participation as a complete waste of time and effort for no reward.

As for fools—by your criteria there must be a lot of fools playing GW2, then. But I do wonder who’s more the fool? The fool who thinks that only one style of play should be allowed a reward for months of effort, the fool that stands there and lets themselves be slapped in the face, or the ‘fool’ who makes the effort to stand up and say ‘No, this is wrong, and should be fixed so all styles can enjoy and be rewarded.’?

A Rallying Flame?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Deranged Hedgehog.9713

Deranged Hedgehog.9713

(who’d have thunk that one can post to a 5-day-old thread and already be necro-posting?)

I, too, hate dungeons.

Not because they’re inherently bad, but because they were implemented badly.

Case 1: they CANNOT be done with less than 5 people (at least the reasonably hard ones)

Which is not that bad, in itself – but it means that if out of the 5, one is incompetent, you still have no chance.

Just got back from a 3-hour run of the Weapons Facilities, where a single ranger with the HP of a European coconut-laden swallow kept 4 other people from being able to finish – dozens of runs on the bosses, with different strategies and varying amounts of success, until she left and we replaced her with someone competent.

Case 2: they cannot be stopped and resumed later.

I don’t have 3 hours to waste in one sitting, but because it’s a “multiplayer dungeon”, it doesn’t have meaningful checkpoints I can come back to later, so it must be done in one sitting.

Case 3: this particular dungeon is time-limited.

And because the event is expiring this Sunday, if I don’t do it today then I won’t have time to do it before it ends. So my options are: not get enough sleep tonight and go to work like a zombie tomorrow, OR never get to see the end of the event and never get the final rewards. Whee.