Lions arch should never be rebuild

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: mricezombie.4560

mricezombie.4560

the city looks amazing right now, it should never be rebuild, just leave it the state it is right now. All the litle details really did it for me, like the underground palmtree bar and the way the crafting staions are set up in, good job anet

Posted by: AlphaNeonic.1925

AlphaNeonic.1925

I have to disagree. One of the best ways to actually have a Living World is to show the progression of zones over time. It would be cool if they updated all the zones with little touches to show the world aging.

Plus, we’re giving money to Heal-O-Tron and Dolyak Races, etc. I want to see it used to make Lion’s Arch better than ever.

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

I agree with OP, never wanted to see LA rebuilt. Honestly, I was hoping the miasma would be a permanent addition or it’d be Mordy’s new home and they’d convert it to an elite zone. They could build a new hub elsewhere because LA has become too dangerous.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

I disagree as well with the OP. A city that’s been central for centuries and in game couldn’t possibly be abandoned. Characters in game have their lives in that city, and they won’t just up and leave without trying to rebuild. It’s like Alpha said it’s about changing the world we play in and seeing it change

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

I disagree as well with the OP. A city that’s been central for centuries and in game couldn’t possibly be abandoned. Characters in game have their lives in that city, and they won’t just up and leave without trying to rebuild. It’s like Alpha said it’s about changing the world we play in and seeing it change

I like change, too. I just feel like rebuilding right away takes away some of the impact of losing it. I was hoping they’d at least hold off for a while.

As long as the layout/appearance is SIGNIFICANTLY changed when it’s finished I won’t complain too awful much. If they just restore the same city with a couple of reskins, that’s just a cop-out.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I like the fact that LA wasn’t just miraculously rebuilt and that rebuilding over time seems to be the plan.

I think, even for a fantasy game, that it is unrealistic to not rebuild LA.

In our world people rally to rebuild when a city is destroyed. People from all over the globe step up to rebuild. That is just a normal way of any life. I think it is very good, and natural to rebuild LA from a societal point of view.

Also LA is such an integral and sentimental part of GW (1 or 2) and not rebuilding it would be tragic. Apart from Beetletun and Rata Sum, it is the only large functioning city left from GW1. I would hate to see LA stripped away too.

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

I like change, too. I just feel like rebuilding right away takes away some of the impact of losing it. I was hoping they’d at least hold off for a while.

Five weeks wasn’t long enough to begin the process? I think they’re handling it JUST fine. ESPECIALLY with the fact that it’s incremental (as jheryn’s post points out). The fact that we are NOT given an instantly rebuilt town is a huge point in favor of the way we’re getting LA back.

As long as the layout/appearance is SIGNIFICANTLY changed when it’s finished I won’t complain too awful much. If they just restore the same city with a couple of reskins, that’s just a cop-out.

This, I agree with. I actually expect all the services to stay in their new locations, for one thing. I kinda hope to see new buildings, when proper construction commences.

I’m not expecting something radically different – they don’t really have landscaping teams or earth-moving equipment. I AM expecting the damage to terrain caused by the battle and its aftermath to remain. And I am also expecting some things to be rebuilt, and others to be new buildings.

And lastly, I really hope they sell the scrap metal to the Pact or something, get some good use out of it.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

The previous aesthetic for Lion’s Arch was reclaimed ship. It will be interesting to see what they go with this time around. They could totally build the entire city just from the greatswords thrown into Zomoross’ forge. The could build a seat for the head of the Captains Council from them and….

In all seriousness, it would be very easy for the design team to end up making a pretty generic human style city, and I hope they don’t. I hope it ends up a mish mash of all 5 racial styles, and have the council chambers made from a decommissioned ship.

Posted by: Whimpered.6095

Whimpered.6095

I’m all for a rebuilding of the city, I just hope when this /rebuild/ stage is over, they don’t just slap the old LA files back on and pretend that Scarlet never existed.

It’s bad enough the possibility of remaking it but it coming out generic, which at the same time wouldn’t be too surprising, but it would be even worse if it just jumped back to before the attack and everyone went back to their boring old lives like everything had always been peachy.

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but it would be cool if some of the battle scars remained. (Damaged terrain and certain types of buildings with maybe some damage still left or some sort of commemorative item placed on or around remembering the battle.)

Crystal Desert
Chelly Anne, Sylvari Ranger (80)
“This rose has thorns; Here they are!”

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

leaving lions arch ruined is stupid – in the story missions – you are fighting to protect a ruin – its breaking immersion big time

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

I think LA should be rebuild but thanks to the Zephyr Sanctum it should look different I do miss LA but there are some players who will protest

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

They should rebuild LA with the conquered Aetherblade airships and the remainings of the Breachmaker to continue the tradition.

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

If the 5 racial cities would help rebuild LA, then it would be rebuilt faster, but then LA would lose it’s independence. Ofcourse the debt can be repaid in gold, but some might seek political favors instead. Dragon Bash v2 conspiracy? As long as LA is THE port city of Tyria, it will be rebuilt, maybe for the mean time people should relocate to another place for safety reasons, since the miasma might still be trapped in the spaces between the rubble. Also, since LA was nuked, people will start looking for another port to unload their goods. Dominion of the Wind perhaps? This is a great opportunity for the Tengu to capitalize on LA’s demise, although I doubt they would open their ports and city anytime soon.

I’d like to view the old LA as it once was. Could you please make it possible to revisit old LA (with a sad background music playing to boot)?

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

leaving lions arch ruined is stupid – in the story missions – you are fighting to protect a ruin – its breaking immersion big time

PS happened before LS1, so ANet could include an option to visit the “historical LA”, or whatever it could be called. I think it’s kind of confusing to new players if you just made your character now, but there are 2 map versions of LA, and Orr is still preparing to attack LA when it’s already pre-nuked by Scarlet. I don’t know how they will fix the PS to fit in the current flow of the game through LS. Maybe PS might just actually be a remembering/retelling of your first big dragon slaying adventure.

Posted by: Bluee.1425

Bluee.1425

Lion’s Arch WILL be re-build. It wouldn’t make sense if it didn’t. So the real question is, how would the new direction of this LA will turn out. There can be several opportunities to change stuff.

Commander Champion Magus Bluee of Rata Sum Security [RSS]

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Washington D.C. was destroyed by earthquake/tornado/terrorists/meteorite/something. It should never be rebuilt.

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I want the arch is reconstructed. I want it to become impressive. We go a really city multi-race.
as much as I want see other advanced cities. a living world is not that destruction. but also evolution, the building of civilization, looking for improvement, Excel. Use the elements learned to do new things.

for me a world in constant evolution, it is also adding location made ??majestic, beautiful.

the ark of the lion deserves this attention.

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Well, what I loved most about the “old” Lions Arch was that it looked like it was actually built by it’s inhabitants and not like something invented from a city planner. It was somehow wild and creative. So I personally don’t want a majestic Lions Arch. I want one which is vivid and interesting and brings back that former play-ground feeling in another form.

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

The cobbled together feel of Lion’s arch was good. I’d like to see it again. but different. Last time it was made of ships wrecked y the flood caused by the raising of Orr.
This time it should be built using different materials, cos there’s no mass of wrecked ships to use this time. I think it’d be nice to have pact forces moving in. LA is clearly on the map for dragon attacks now so it’d make sense.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

There’s plenty of steel from the ruined drill and maybe crashed airships.
LA being rebuild feels just right, but it should look and feel completely different afterwards.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

im thinking it should be a decently slow rebuild but i kind of like the layout they have with so many craft stations. i think i found my favorite part of the city id like to see a cleanup and build some stuff up over time but dont return it fully to what it was change the layout