favorite class to see in your fotm pug

in Fractured

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Just curious what class and build you guys are most happy to see join your pug fractal group

in Fractured

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

Necros, Rangers and Engineers.

in Fractured

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I am willing to speculate that 95% of all people will say guardian. I also like thieves a lot as long as they are competent which normally isn’t a problem for 48’s.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Fractured

Posted by: Kaiiku.2917

Kaiiku.2917

Mesmer, guardian, warrior

~ Kaiiku Yintro: 80 Human Warrior ~
~ Kira Yintro: 80 Human Mesmer ~
- Yak’s Bend -

in Fractured

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

guardian

won’t say thief as i play one doh

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Fractured

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Guardian.

If I ended up in a party of 5 guardians, I’d be happy (assuming they weren’t running some AH defensive build).

in Fractured

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Warrior, Thief, Elementalist. Or really anyone with high damage and low survivability. I can dodge/roll pretty well and I main a Guardian so anyone that needs me to take a little fire away from ‘em is welcome in my group (unless they’re completely incompetent, in which case don’t bother joining my group).

in Fractured

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Banner warriors. Warriors typically run high dps builds, unlike every other class. Yes, I know other classes, when buffed by said warrior, can out dps them, they typically don’t though, because they’d rather use bows, staves, bears, flamethrower, etc instead of useful options. Also, Battle Standard is probably the best elite ever.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wishmaster.7693

Wishmaster.7693

At least 1 Guardian for the usefulness of his utility ( providing it’s someone that knows how to use the class ).

The rest can be all thieves for all I care, I’ve cleared Fractals with every class and there’s no best profession for them, only best AT certain parts.

Giving that I run with pugs 99% of the time, I only want polite players and….what else…oh no “one language” players, the absolute worst elitists kittens in the game.

in Fractured

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Any.

Though thief, mes, and ranger are probably the least. All depends on the player, not necessarily the class.

I myself have only gone in as a warrior and (staff) ele (which is the one I tend to go in with now).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Fractured

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Bowbears!!!

Uh, I like warriors. I always have a friend run with me, and he’s a guardian. If he didn’t run with me, I’d prefer to have a guardian, but I feel like I can trust a warrior pug more than another class. Not because they are better but because the class is just…. Better.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Fractured

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

My favorite one to see by far is a mesmer, with being able to mimic an agony axe and portals to help any jumping impaired players through uncategorized, they brighten my day every time.

in Fractured

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Necros, Rangers and Engineers.

+1. I literally skip a heart beat when that happens.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

in Fractured

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

As long as they know what they are doing I don’t care what they run.

I run a Guard so i’ll worry about the projectiles and stability.

in Fractured

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I think my ideal composition would be guard/war/thief/mes/x. that gives you enough reflects to deal with the harpy/grawl fractal. You have portal and stealth for the dredge fractal. Guard is essential for aegis and aoe stability. War for solid dps and party wide buffs. After that pretty much any class would be useful. Ranger has spotter and frost spirit, ele has insane might stacking and personal dps, and even a necro specced for condi’s will rip through those prot-spamming dredge.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

in Fractured

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

I myself would love to have 5 different classes (doesn’t matter which) in the group because it usually translated into “more fun”. Yes, certain class combination can get the job done quicker and cleaner, but over time it became kind of boring. About half of the PUG group I encountered were very efficiency-oriented which usually not fun to me (I avoid those LFG that has certain requirement); they care too much about finishing everything as quick as possible and could act very intolerantly. I believe it is one of the reason why FofM and dungeons are so intimidating to new players – feeling walking on the eggs….

in Fractured

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Back in the beginning of Fractal i used to play with 2 friends. I had my Guardian, with 1 other guardian and a thief. I still think that its the best base for anything fractal can throw at you. 2 Guardian with a bit of coordination almost 100% reflect uptime (with master of consecration its 100%). The thief stealth can save some situation and make things a lot easier (especially in the dredge fractal). After that i don’t really care. I like a mesmer and a ranger (for Grawl Fractal), but i play with all kind of group. Presently my main guild fractal group is 1 Guardian (me), 1 Thief, 1 Warrior, 1 Necromancer and 1 Mesmer. But, we also have a Warrior, 1 Guardian, 1 Thief and 1 Elementalist that join when they can.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Fractured

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

A good engineer makes all the difference in the world.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Fractured

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I enjoy seeing eles, guardians, warriors, and good thieves/mesmers/engineers. I don’t mind necros but I do let out a huge sigh if more than 1 joins.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Fractured

Posted by: Master Yi.6129

Master Yi.6129

Thief. One is nice (especially for dredge), two thieves is liveable somewhat, three or more thieves: you are so screwed

in Fractured

Posted by: McFly.2134

McFly.2134

Giving that I run with pugs 99% of the time, I only want polite players and….what else…oh no “one language” players, the absolute worst elitists kittens in the game.

Agreed. I care very little about what class you bring but far more about how pleasant you are if talking. If everyone is silent the entire run (usually not the case), that’s fine by me.

Biggest PUG pet peeves: 1) Players who essentially order you to slot a certain skill or weapon set. (Worry about your own class buddy.) 2) Players who spend more time ordering others around in the middle of a fight then actually playing their class well. (These players also have the highest likelihood of blaming everyone else but themselves if the party wipes.

Wisdom through suffering.

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

2 necros w/ minions, and 2 rangers with spirits and bears.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

ranger that cant control pet and kills Cliffside mob at wrong time causing a wipe

in Fractured

Morsus.5106

I’ve found my long lost twin! Same goes for me. Know what you’re doing and I don’t care what you’re running, every class has a use in FotM. I don’t play high level FotMs but low level (10-19) volcanic fotm is probably my favorite so far. All my reflects keep the slimes dead (group ’em up and throw down a wall of reflection) and then melee the boss.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

pugs are called pugs cause they usually don’t know what they are doing. not degrading the dog though.

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

pugs are called pugs cause they usually don’t know what they are doing. not degrading the dog though.

Not sure if you’re making a joke or not… but

PUGs = Pick-Up Group

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I’ve found my long lost twin! Same goes for me. Know what you’re doing and I don’t care what you’re running, every class has a use in FotM. I don’t play high level FotMs but low level (10-19) volcanic fotm is probably my favorite so far. All my reflects keep the slimes dead (group ’em up and throw down a wall of reflection) and then melee the boss.

My experience was this; I had a guildie who used to play frequently and mained a theif. He was not the best thief ever, in fact he was probably terrible. Because of him I thought bringing a thief into fractals was a bad idea. Well months later my group pugged a thief, who had obviously played a lot of fractals. This player was impressive they used their utilities in creative ways and it drastically changed my perception of thief in fractals. It made me realize that its not the class it’s the player and it’s not the player’s fault if they are willing to learn from their mistakes.

The only thing you don’t want in your group is bads, those that don’t learn and repeat their same mistakes or won’t make a real effort to help the team succeed.

And momentous high five to my Guardian brethren may your walls protect your allies and smite your enemies.

Praise the Sun!

in Fractured

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

I’m happy if I see 1 of every class that has a good player playing it.

edit: tho I do find most PUG rangers are terrible as well as guardians, a few warrior/thief, then mesmer/ele/engi comes last.

the only class that I’ve only ever happy with as a PUGs 100% are necros. I think I just have terrible necro playing friends, but I’ll still play with them because they are my friends.

but that’s only my experience.

(edited by pho.9412)

in Fractured

fadeaway.2807

A good engineer makes all the difference in the world.

I’ve found this as well.
Plenty of might, vuln and water fields.

in Fractured

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Vote kick all the rangers

Attachments:

in Fractured

Posted by: Master Yi.6129

Master Yi.6129

Not sure if you’re making a joke or not… but

PUGs = Pick-Up Group

True, but it lost its true meaning. Just like the word “gay”.

in Fractured

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Guardians and guardians.

And guardians.

Also, guardians.

Did I mention guardians?

Are you Shpongled?

in Fractured

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Elementalists, because my highest AR is an elementalist. And if there’s an elementalist in the party, that’s probably me, the rest probably got kicked to get more guardians, warriors and mesmers in the party.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Fractured

Posted by: BalkanLion.6045

BalkanLion.6045

Guardians in full Cleric’s gear. Any guardian that is in my group and does not ping full cleric’s gear gets kicked.

in Fractured

Posted by: hellokittyonline.7532

hellokittyonline.7532

Warrior in full PVT running, dolyak sig, endure pain + Rifle as main weapon.
The tanking + vul + bleeding condition making him an ideal member of any fractal party.

I usually ask warriors to ping their gear, since they are so critical to any party, if not FULL PVT rifle that is auto kick.

in Fractured

fadeaway.2807

Guardians in full Cleric’s gear. Any guardian that is in my group and does not ping full cleric’s gear gets kicked.

Not sure if serious…

in Fractured

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Any class, really, as long as they don’t melee things. Stupid noobs keep dying trying to melee, when they should be sniping from range like everyone else! Dead = No DPS guys!!

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

in Fractured

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

My favorite thing to see on a PUG.

Attachments:

in Fractured

Morsus.5106

My favorite thing to see on a PUG.

You sir win the thread.

in Fractured

Posted by: J Night.3468

J Night.3468

i’d say any class that can reflect.. but it’s unnecessary as long as we don’t have any braindead players that don’t know how to follow simple commands.

Embrace the darkness..

in Fractured

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

. but it’s unnecessary as long as we don’t have any braindead players that don’t know how to follow simple commands.

… Unfortunately that’s a lot to ask for :x

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.