Frustrated by Queensdale champ loot train

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Queensdale has always been like this really, the bigger problem is more the way players don’t get downscaled hard enough to make low level areas non-trivial. It’s a good area for smashing out monthlies as well.

The thing is that ANet’s stuck between a rock and a hard place, if they normalize whatever’s left of champ ‘difficulty’ then completely green newbie players’ll end up overwhelmed, at the same time champs should really all be equally challenging no matter where they’re found. There’s also the obvious crux with giant snowball zergs trivializing all open world boss mechanics too.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Each champion and event that produces champions should have a node flag.

So you can only get boxes from each different one once a day.

People should be exploring the World! Traveling to exotic, distant lands. Meeting exciting, unusual people, and killing them!

Not sticking to 5 enemies in the same spot.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

People should be exploring the World! Traveling to exotic, distant lands. Meeting exciting, unusual people, and killing them!

Most of us already have 100% map completion. We’ve killed at least 1 of every type of mob out there already. Instead of heroes, we should be called… Mobicides?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I have to agree with this suggestion. Either that, or Champions are also affected by DR, so while the first time might net you an Exotic bag, subsequent kills will only give you bags appropriate to their level.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Is it even rewarding to farm in queensdale? I don’t get why people farm there when they can farm frostgauge or cursed shore.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Yeah, this. There’s still dozens of champions in the game, maybe a hundred or more, and a lot of them are still being left unkilled right now. Getting people to scour the entire map of champions is a win-win, they get loot and the champions stop cluttering up the map and contesting waypoints for everyone else.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

They need to deliver what was promised. Make us feel like we’re that level once we’re down-scaled. I hate being able to 2 shot everything in starter zones at level 80 when a fresh made level 1 takes several attacks to destroy a mob its own level.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

This Queensdale champion loot train needs to stop. Since the update, level 80s flock Queensdale all day and night and own the events in less than 20 seconds. It’s making it extremely difficult to level up in these zones when none of the events are doable because level 80s steam roll them before you can even get there.

I’ve been called a troll all night for requesting the level 80s to go somewhere more appropriate for them since I can’t go anywhere. “Go to other starter zones to level!” “Go to another zone!” “Craft!”

So because I’m leveling human characters all of which are under level 10, I now can’t do any of the Queensdale events because Anet has made them so appealing for level 80s to farm.

The people calling me a troll tell me that they log on and kill the champions all day – that’s all they do. Because it’s more profitable and easier than doing stuff like Orr or Frostgorge event farming.

So why does Orr keep getting nerfed but places like Queensdale have champions spawning every 3 minutes? Why do level 80 zones feel the need to populate ONLY QUEENSDALE (none of the other starters have this many convenient and this number of champions)??

Something needs to be done to motivate players to populate more maps in the game world – not just have everyone flock to Queensdale 24/7 to farm champions. Usually I’m doing dungeons or fractals with the guild to notice this but even at launch it wasn’t this bad.

Please tell me there’s a better way.

I happen to agree but with an even stronger caveat.

Lower level players ARE getting locked out of kills, but so are WEAKER characters – the stronger characters do “more damage” so get the “kill” and the “loot” while MANY are locked out.

This is supposed to be FUN for ALL, but some are trolling in there, some are being extremely unkind (!) and others are out and out lying to “noobs” thinking it’s funny – it’s not.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

It really isn’t funny. People on my server make it a point to flat out troll and laugh at the low level characters that try to scramble to get hits on the champs before they’re dead. It’s pathetic.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Why does a (completely intended) part of the game need to be nerfed just because of what you want?

Actually, not having this kind of thing was stated to be one of the reasons behind the level downscalling system – so high level characters wouldn’t be able to go to low level zones and stomp through events so easily that those of the proper level would be unable to participate.

Looks like the system failed.

Zergs are as good at stomping everything in Frostgorge, as they are in Queensdale. When a certain threshold number of players is achieved, everything in their path will get mowed down.

Is it even rewarding to farm in queensdale? I don’t get why people farm there when they can farm frostgauge or cursed shore.

Also, this.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

It’s making it extremely difficult to level up in these zones when none of the events are doable because level 80s steam roll them before you can even get there.

People announce the rotation regularly. Arrive at the next location before the zerg.

Being higher level doesn’t automatically make your character ‘faster’ as in arriving to such events. Swiftness is available to most classes at lv1 with the correct weapon. The only exceptions to guaranteed swiftness at lv 1 would be Thief and Engineer.

Argument is pretty moot, since this is a player error and not a game mechanic problem. It’s actually pretty great for leveling new characters, but don’t tell the 80’s that it isn’t as profitable as CS or FGS or else there’ll be no one left to kill champs in under a minute for 6-10% of a level.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”