Molten Alliance tied to Aetherblades?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

I remember that the mastermind being getting that alliance to happen was a * She * and thats all we know. We also know the person behind the pirates is Scarlet which I would assume is a she.

Both involved a lot of technology rather then magic.

As discuss a bit in another thread, the Countess is a suspect given some of her speech as of recent.

The mystery!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

The countess is probably E. The mystery sylvari who Rox took potshots at is probably Scarlet. but yay for another month of killing aetherblades I guess.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

The countess is probably E. The mystery sylvari who Rox took potshots at is probably Scarlet. but yay for another month of killing aetherblades I guess.

The one thing I hate with this game is the races just don’t fit at all with certain things. Charrs should of never been able to be magic based classes, it just sours the lore. A random tree girl is leading pirates?! I can see maybe human or charr and possibly norn but the other 2 not so much.

Just kills it for me personally.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

The one thing I hate with this game is the races just don’t fit at all with certain things. Charrs should of never been able to be magic based classes, it just sours the lore. A random tree girl is leading pirates?! I can see maybe human or charr and possibly norn but the other 2 not so much.

Umm…Flame legion and Nightmare Court? They got the magic skills and leadership from somewhere.

Pineapples

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Charr have ALWAYS had magical abilities since GW1 Prophecies, it changes nothing.

Or are you saying Charr should never allow magic users into their ranks due to the flame legion? In that case, that would just make the Charr military leadership hilariously stupid.

As for sylvari, why not exactly?

(edited by Celestina.2894)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Because sticks and brains can’t lead, duhh.

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

Charr have ALWAYS had magical abilities since GW1 Prophecies, it changes nothing.

Or are you saying Charr should never allow magic users into their ranks due to the flame legion? In that case, that would just make the Charr military leadership hilariously stupid.

I never played GW1 but from what I read that is the whole reason they went to technology cause they lack magic to fight the humans? I only know what I was read and told about them.

The trees were just born out of the pale tree learning about the world and we have these evil trees running around? I never liked the idea with them anyways but thats my opinion.

Umm…Flame legion and Nightmare Court? They got the magic skills and leadership from somewhere.

Isn’t the nightmare court the sylvari? I am talking about the charr in terms of magic.

(edited by Meriem.3504)

in Queen's Jubilee

Celestina.2894

I never played GW1 but from what I read that is the whole reason they went to technology cause they lack magic to fight the humans? I only know what I was read and told about them.

The trees were just born out of the pale tree learning about the world and all of sudden one becomes a pirate leader? I didn’t like the other one either they used for the Karka. I personally just don’t see it working all that well.

On the subject of Charr: No, the Charr believe that it was due to the Gods favoring humanity. This resulted in the Charr seeking Gods for power, which led to the Flame Legion.

As for the Sylvari, we have the Nightmare Court who are a result of The Dream basically being perverted by suffering. Why is this Sylvari such a stretch? Hell for all we know she could be linked to the Nightmare Court.

We also don’t know the true nature of the Sylvari or the Pale Tree. It’s very possible that the Sylvari we play are in fact not the norm. For example in the personal story you meet a Sylvari who came from a different tree, yet The Dream does not exist for that tree.

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

The trees were just born out of the pale tree learning about the world and all of sudden one becomes a pirate leader? I didn’t like the other one either they used for the Karka. I personally just don’t see it working all that well.

On the subject of Charr: No, the Charr believe that it was due to the Gods favoring humanity. This resulted in the Charr seeking Gods for power, which led to the Flame Legion.

As for the Sylvari, we have the Nightmare Court. Why is this Sylvari such a stretch? Hell for all we know she could be linked to the Nightmare Court.

I don’t like the idea of the nightmare court and please keep the hostility down.

in Queen's Jubilee

Celestina.2894

As for the Sylvari, we have the Nightmare Court. Why is this Sylvari such a stretch? Hell for all we know she could be linked to the Nightmare Court.

I don’t like the idea of the nightmare court and please keep the hostility down.

Hostility? I think you’re reading way to much into things.

Also, refer to my previous post, I edited it just as you replied. It concerns the nature of the Sylvari.

in Queen's Jubilee

Brutalistik.6473

Charrs know magic because if they didn’t Flame legion wouldn’t exist. The Sylvari could of been part of the Nightmare Court or just some adventurer that happens to have leadership skills to lead a pirate crew……………*searching for One Piece*

Pineapples

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Didnt anet say some time that we would know scarlet? As in we already know her, we just don’t know it’s her.

If that’s true I doubt the female sylvari is scarlet. What female sylvari do you actually know well? Caithe is the only one I can think of and I doubt she’d turn evil.

in Queen's Jubilee

Celestina.2894

Didnt anet say some time that we would know scarlet? As in we already know her, we just don’t know it’s her.

If that’s true I doubt the female sylvari is scarlet. What female sylvari do you actually know well? Caithe is the only one I can think of and I doubt she’d turn evil.

It’s possible she’s disguised by Mesmer magic. Anisse for example has been shown to be talented at this as have others such as that risen mesmer in the personal story. Now of course that could also point at Anisse as some theories speculate.

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

Also, refer to my previous post, I edited it just as you replied. It concerns the nature of the Sylvari.

This is my opinion.

I don’t like the concept of evil versions of sylvari. It would of been nice to have a race that didn’t have a good or evil side, simply just neutral. Being they are literally tree people, this would of been a great idea vs like wood elves or something. Now to have something relating to a nightmare I think is a good idea, but not evil versions of the sylvari.

The only thing I know about the Charr is they went heavy tech to compensate for the lack of magic. I don’t know much about the Flame Legion but I never liked the idea that any race could be any class. It just homogenizes everything and makes the world feel less spectacular. Cultures differ from each other and not everyone is the same and since there is no actual comflict, ie pvp with other races like WoW, having limits on the classes wouldn’t cause a balance issue.

Again my opinion.

in Queen's Jubilee

Brutalistik.6473

This is my opinion.

I don’t like the concept of evil versions of sylvari. It would of been nice to have a race that didn’t have a good or evil side, simply just neutral. Being they are literally tree people, this would of been a great idea vs like wood elves or something. Now to have something relating to a nightmare I think is a good idea, but not evil versions of the sylvari.

The only thing I know about the Charr is they went heavy tech to compensate for the lack of magic. I don’t know much about the Flame Legion but I never liked the idea that any race could be any class. It just homogenizes everything and makes the world feel less spectacular. Cultures differ from each other and not everyone is the same and since there is no actual comflict, ie pvp with other races like WoW, having limits on the classes wouldn’t cause a balance issue.

Again my opinion.

You trying to say the world should always stay the same o.O? Never adapt? because of lore??

Pineapples

in Queen's Jubilee

Celestina.2894

This is my opinion.

Again my opinion.

The Charr never went heavy tech due to lack of magic, they did so because of their distrust of magic users in general.

Basically the back story of the Charr is this:

Humans defeated them, took land from them. As a result, the Charr blamed the humans being favored by the Gods. So in order to become more powerful, the Charr felt they had to seek “their” Gods and this led to the Shaman Caste (now known as the Flame Legion) to take powerful and oppressed the Charr. This led to female charr essentially being demoted to non-combat, often oppressed, roles in Charr society.

Eventually, the Flame Legion discovered the Titans, and claimed them as the Charr Gods. This led to the Searing, which was one of many powerful blows the Humanity as a whole. By the end of the first campaign the player character (again, Human) outright killed the Titans. This led to the Flame Legion seeking out something to replace the Titans as they knew their position of power relied on the Charr believing in Gods and believing the Shamans spoke for them. Fast forward to Eye of The North, the Flame Legion discover The Destroyers (actually Elder Dragon Minions). Some Charr however, are not buying this. With the help of a Charr named Pyre Fierceshot, the player character kills The Destroyers right in front of the Flame Legion and their followers. This sows the seeds of rebellion in the Charr.

Finally, a female Charr descended from Pyre ( his grand cub I think?) sets in motion a rebellion of the female charr. The female Charr under her leadership train for war in secret. Eventually, she makes herself known and the Flame Legion is overthown largely in thanks to her and the females under her leadership.

This resulted in the Charr strictly opposing the worship of any Gods, and due to the flame legion, distrusting magic in general and prefering to rely on metal. They don’t reject magic users, but Charr society looks down on them with a great deal of distrust.

in Queen's Jubilee

Celestina.2894

Since my previous post is to long.

On to the sylvari.

I’m sorry, but your opinion would lead to some horribly boring and 1 dimensional characters. Even Caithe, a good Sylvari, has some cruel tendencies because the world has taught her to.

That is the basis of the Sylvari. A new, young, and naive race. Each Sylvari either grows, learns, and adapts in their own way……or they die.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

i will not go into if the nightmare court is evil or the other sylvari is evil as i belive its a mather of point of view nothing else, but all that the nightmare court is the sylvari looking into the suffering of some people and falling to despair truelly belives that the pale tree is corrupting the other sylvari.

but for all we know the scarlet person could very well be the sylvari. Tho scarlet is only the front figure of the mastermind(i dont belive any mastermind that dont want to get court will show herself to anyone will doing her plans), so if we say that the sylvari is the front figure then we have a person in the shadows pulling the strings and that could be any race so far(tho for some reason i belive its a human female nobel(forgot her name) but shes present at the south shore event, shes there when we go with loggan to talk about the crimes at dragon bash, tho cant remember if shes there in flame and frost.
What better way to be less suspective then play stupied and be present in a event like that knowling fully well you can defend yourself tho none else knows?

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

On to the sylvari.

I’m sorry, but your opinion would lead to some horribly boring and 1 dimensional characters. Even Caithe, a good Sylvari, has some cruel tendencies because the world has taught her to.

That is the basis of the Sylvari. A new, young, and naive race. Each Sylvari either grows, learns, and adapts in their own way……or they die.

I do not think so at all and that is your opinion. Again this why you come off hostile cause you come of condescending when your comments. You make think it would make one dimensional characters, that is your opinion. Do not sit here and dictate what is right and wrong. I made it clear it was my opinion and if you don’t agree that is fine.

Thank you for the info on the Charr. I would ask this is put back on topic now cause regardless if I like it or now, the evil tree is in league with the pirates.

This is my opinion.

Again my opinion.

You trying to say the world should always stay the same o.O? Never adapt? because of lore??

Too much of the same is boring to me anyways. Even so, if you look at todays world, there is still a lot of differences that I see anyways.

(edited by Meriem.3504)

in Queen's Jubilee

Celestina.2894

On to the sylvari.

I do not think so at all and that is your opinion. Again this why you come off hostile cause you come of condescending when your comments. You make think it would make one dimensional characters, that is your opinion. Do not sit here and dictate what is right and wrong. I made it clear it was my opinion and if you don’t agree that is fine.

Thank you for the info on the Charr. I would ask this is put back on topic now cause regardless if I like it or now, the evil tree is in league with the pirates.

And you are entitled to your opinion. You are however not free of criticism of said opinion. You call it hostility, I call it being blunt and you just being a tad bit over-sensitive. I’m not going to sugar coat stuff.

The fact of the matter is, your opinion of what the Sylvari are and should be goes directly against the lore itself.

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

On to the sylvari.

And you are entitled to your opinion. You are however not free of criticism of said opinion. You call it hostility, I call it being blunt and you just being a tad bit over-sensitive. I’m not going to sugar coat stuff.

Constructive critism and this is my point. I asked nicely to please stop and you want to continue. Instead you want to keep going and going. Please STOP and put the thread back on track.

in Queen's Jubilee

Celestina.2894

On to the sylvari.

Constructive critism and this is my point. I asked nicely to please stop and you want to continue. Instead you want to keep going and going. Please STOP and put the thread back on track.

It is still on topic actually. You have a problem with a Sylvari potentially being the one behind this all because it doesn’t fit your definition of Sylvari, I’ve simply explained why there is no issue with it in regards to the lore and why quite honestly your definition goes against the lore itself.

But since you have an issue with the very discussion you began, then ok we can drop it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

On to the sylvari.

It is still on topic actually. You have a problem with a Sylvari potentially being the one behind this all, I’ve simply explained why there is no issue with it in regards to the lore.

But since you have an issue with the very discussion you began, then ok we can drop it.

I know I started it and I am ending it. I did not expect to turn into this. I believe I failed to make myself clear on the whole sylvari thing. I do not like all the lore for them, you do, that’s it. It works fine with the lore that I know of. Thank you.

(edited by Meriem.3504)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I believe Scarlet is Kasmeer because ANET confirmed the “Personal nemesis” is SOMEONE during Secret of Southsun, and Kasmeer is a “Legendary” with Unshakeable buff. Seems kinda suspicious.

in Queen's Jubilee

Korsbaek.9803

logicly the person we seen in the opening is not the nemesis(unless shes very very stupied and masterminding so much as she has i cant belive that)
so i would gess the sylvari we see is the front person or a middleman if you want between the mastermind and us and that will make the mastermind someone of a race we dont know yet, but when we see her we will know is all we know, from that we know its a person all our toons know in some way(that just leaves most of the personal story and all the living story), and my gess is thakittens lady karamie(or how its spelled) given that she has been present almost every living story so far makeing her a a possible candidate but are there more?

Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

I believe Scarlet is Kasmeer because ANET confirmed the “Personal nemesis” is SOMEONE during Secret of Southsun, and Kasmeer is a “Legendary” with Unshakeable buff. Seems kinda suspicious.

Personal nemesis of what?

logicly the person we seen in the opening is not the nemesis(unless shes very very stupied and masterminding so much as she has i cant belive that)
so i would gess the sylvari we see is the front person or a middleman if you want between the mastermind and us and that will make the mastermind someone of a race we dont know yet, but when we see her we will know is all we know, from that we know its a person all our toons know in some way(that just leaves most of the personal story and all the living story), and my gess is thakittens lady karamie(or how its spelled) given that she has been present almost every living story so far makeing her a a possible candidate but are there more?

Sometimes doing the most obvious thing is the most confusing. We would expect her to be hiding but perhaps she sits out in plane sight cause no one would suspect her to do something dumb like that. I think its called reverse psychology.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

The mysterious Sylvari being Scarlet is…weird. She doesn’t look like she was corrupted by the Nightmare.
Sylvari aren’t always nice and good. They can seem ruthless. But plotting to assassinate someone to take power in a pirate council…That’s something we haven’t seen from Sylvari.

in Queen's Jubilee

Celestina.2894

The mysterious Sylvari being Scarlet is…weird. She doesn’t look like she was corrupted by the Nightmare.
Sylvari aren’t always nice and good. They can seem ruthless. But plotting to assassinate someone to take power in a pirate council…That’s something we haven’t seen from Sylvari.

Eh, I wouldn’t put it past Faolin personally if she could get past her torture and Dream corruption fetish.

in Queen's Jubilee

Korsbaek.9803

Personal nemesis of what?

kasmeer is acturaly very displeased to say the least with her current(or former) noble friends given that they all talk bad the less fortuned then themself and it looks like she wants to help them plus she says that her faith in divintys reach is set on a test what if the faith where not strong enough?

Sometimes doing the most obvious thing is the most confusing. We would expect her to be hiding but perhaps she sits out in plane sight cause no one would suspect her to do something dumb like that. I think its called reverse psychology.

yes you want to be out there but you defendly dont want to stand on the enemy side and might get taken or spotted makeing all your effort useless;) and by hiding i meant as we dont know her nothing more as i gess she is very close by right amoung us when many of the events happen

Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

(edited by Korsbaek.9803)

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

Eh, I wouldn’t put it past Faolin personally if she could get past her torture and Dream corruption fetish.

I would like to apologize though that we even an that arguement. : 3

(edited by Meriem.3504)

in Queen's Jubilee

Celestina.2894

I would like to apologize though that we even an that arguement. : 3

Never saw it as an argument, like I said I tend just to be blunt. To me it was just another lore discussion. I do apologize however if you felt differently.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

The nightmare court is a specific set of ideals that some sylvari have. Why cant a sylvari be evil without being a part of the court? Sylvari are shaped by the world around them, one could easily do that.

Actually if you think about sylvari, it’s kind of sad. We throw what are essentially children into the world to find their own way. Its no wonder some of them come out bad.

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

The nightmare court is a specific set of ideals that some sylvari have. Why cant a sylvari be evil without being a part of the court? Sylvari are shaped by the world around them, one could easily do that.

Actually if you think about sylvari, it’s kind of sad. We throw what are essentially children into the world to find their own way. Its no wonder some of them come out bad.

It’s not a matter of it can or cannot, it is a matter I personally find it weak and something else could of been done to make it better. Again this is my opinion that the story could of been taken a different direction that would of made it a lot better.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

I am still holding to my theory that Countess Anise is Scarlet. As for the Sylvari woman—she’s an illusion that Anise concocted to distract everyone.

Why you bein’ cute?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

It’s not a matter of it can or cannot, it is a matter I personally find it weak and something else could of been done to make it better. Again this is my opinion that the story could of been taken a different direction that would of made it a lot better.

You may find it weak, however there are Sylvari pirates and other like “baddies” that are not directly affiliated with the NC.

I strongly suggest you do a bit of reading up on the NC, Sylvari culture and history as some of the opinions you’ve stated are flat out countered by a lot of lore. It’s like saying “it’s my opinion that Asura are taller than Norn.”