Broadicea.8294

It’s too bad there’s no way to move your camera at all, ever

Retired. Too many casuals.

Nerf Deadeye - It's Boring now :(

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

You can, and then you’re dead. That was my first encounter with Liadri. You start with a camera angle where you can’t see the boss (see previous post). Then you have to manually adjust the camera to see the boss (fingers crossed that the boss has actually rendered yet, sometimes he starts invisible for a few seconds). While you’re doing that, you already get hit by an insta kill attack.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

The choice of arena does make a difference in where you are placed in there and where the mines start. Some arenas I have the same view as you, but others I can see him just fine. Try switching arenas and see if that helps

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Woops I mixed up Spectral Grasp, the staff skill and Necrotic Grasp, the pull. my bad.
EDIT: NVM I mixed them up again.

But lol@:

Riiiight. You have fear

Which does what exactly? I first have to either place a mark, or go into Death Shroud. Either way I’m dead before I can land a fear on him.

Do you click your skills? Death Shroud -> Doom is almost an instant interrupt.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

(edited by zencow.3651)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

The choice of arena does make a difference in where you are placed in there and where the mines start. Some arenas I have the same view as you, but others I can see him just fine. Try switching arenas and see if that helps

10 o’clock rocks!

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

You can, and then you’re dead. That was my first encounter with Liadri. You start with a camera angle where you can’t see the boss (see previous post). Then you have to manually adjust the camera to see the boss (fingers crossed that the boss has actually rendered yet, sometimes he starts invisible for a few seconds). While you’re doing that, you already get hit by an insta kill attack.

I suck at Necro and don’t have full Ascended trinkets or even level 80 exotic weapons. My sigls are garbage and I don’t have Scholar’s runes.

http://youtu.be/VNPRcYZAZVY

Sorry Queen, it’s a gear/build/L2P thing.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

I suck at Necro and don’t have full Ascended trinkets or even level 80 exotic weapons. My sigls are garbage and I don’t have Scholar’s runes.

Sorry Queen, it’s a gear/build/L2P thing.

Nice dps , the crits was all over the place. Clearly you weren’t being modest when you said you suck at necro , you wasted BiP on Dark Path

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Queen's Jubilee

Broadicea.8294

Nice dps , the crits was all over the place. Clearly you weren’t being modest when you said you suck at necro , you wasted BiP on Dark Path

lol ugh I know. It was up for 2 auto chains which is ok I guess. Maybe someone can do the math and find out if signet of spite would be better there throughout the whole fight. I was going in with Grasp but once I got the rotations down I didn’t need it. The cool thing with this way is that Death Shroud is off cooldown right about when he normally teleports away, so the Fear is ready to go for the interrupt. A couple Life Blasts and he’s gone. So yeah that utility slot is essentially free for whatever.

in Queen's Jubilee

Broadicea.8294

I see people easily farm this boss all day, but meanwhile I had the hardest time beating him on my necromancer (because we don’t have invincibility skills)…. ughhh…..

Yes, there clearly is a balance issue here. For some classes this boss is just way too easy to farm, while for others he is way too difficult in comparison.

Which does what exactly? I first have to either place a mark, or go into Death Shroud. Either way I’m dead before I can land a fear on him.

You have to get close to land a blind (or place a well), unless you rely on the Shadow Fiend. And we all know how reliable that guy is. Either way, he’ll hit you before you’re done placing that well…. if it doesn’t fail to cast of course, due to the thing canceling if you click out of reach. And you have to adjust the camera first too.

Our DPS is poor

I have tried the alternative builds. I managed to beat Deadeye, and it was a pain on a necromancer.

I eventually beat him using Flesh Wurm to teleport to the spot where I knew he would be, and then hitting him with Lich Form. But it still involves crossing the arena a few times. Not like any of the other classes that just stay in one place, and DPS him to death before he can teleport again. And that was my point, it’s a lot harder for a necro. It really is.

Target Closest doesn’t work.

This is the view I get at the start of every battle (see attachment below). If the enemies are off screen, target closest cannot target them. Especially if they also teleport behind you. I have to manually adjust the camera first, in order to be able to target the enemy to begin with. And when I do, he’s already lining up his first shot.

You can [adjust your camera], and then you’re dead. That was my first encounter with Liadri. You start with a camera angle where you can’t see the boss (see previous post). Then you have to manually adjust the camera to see the boss (fingers crossed that the boss has actually rendered yet, sometimes he starts invisible for a few seconds). While you’re doing that, you already get hit by an insta kill attack.

in Queen's Jubilee

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Just stop Broadicea, you are not actually addressing any points. You are just spamming someone elses video, which shows what exactly? All you’re showing, is that you don’t like me, and enjoy bashing my opinion. But this is a discussion forum, yet you’re not really interested in discussion are you?

in Queen's Jubilee

Broadicea.8294

That’s my video. And it demonstrates that all of the problems you cited for necro are L2P issues, not deficiencies in the class. The class has deficiencies, but none of them impact the Deadeye farm.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

If you can’t stop yourself from farming after you have already made 400g+ gold then its just your own fault. Be satisfied with what you have and just go do a daily or something.

in Queen's Jubilee

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That’s my video. And it demonstrates that all of the problems you cited for necro are L2P issues, not deficiencies in the class. The class has deficiencies, but none of them impact the Deadeye farm.

Which shows that you haven’t actually read what I said in my post. Dead Eye is extremely easy to beat with classes that have access to invulnerability, and much harder for classes like the necromancer, that do not have access to any invulnerability.

I was commenting on the difference in difficulty between the classes. I did not say it was impossible on a necromancer. And I was also pointing out the rubbish targeting (Which remains rubbish since release), and the insta kills (on which many players have already commented).

Part of the camera issues had nothing to do with my build, but due to some of the domes spawning the player with an inconvenient camera angle (as other posters pointed out), and with spawning issues combined with lag. There is a separate topic on this very issue, in which people get insta-killed by Deadeye before they can do anything at all.

Now you posted that video blindly to every remark I made, without actually reading the points. Would you mind explaining how your video addresses target-closest? Because it is most definitely broken. Unless you can some how magically show otherwise.

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i can comment about closest target. it’s not the most reliable thing in the gauntlet. more often than not, when i did that, i’d select a mob down below (i think the ogres?) and yes i’m a guard, so i’d port on the spot lol XDD

that being said, i’ve been in the arenas where the boss doesn’t render yet, but you can still select him. which is what i’ve done as well. so true, it sucks you can use closest target, especially if you’re used to it, but using mouse to click target is still doable.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Which shows that you haven’t actually read what I said in my post. Dead Eye is extremely easy to beat with classes that have access to invulnerability, and much harder for classes like the necromancer, that do not have access to any invulnerability.

I was commenting on the difference in difficulty between the classes. I did not say it was impossible on a necromancer. And I was also pointing out the rubbish targeting (Which remains rubbish since release), and the insta kills (on which many players have already commented).

Part of the camera issues had nothing to do with my build, but due to some of the domes spawning the player with an inconvenient camera angle (as other posters pointed out), and with spawning issues combined with lag. There is a separate topic on this very issue, in which people get insta-killed by Deadeye before they can do anything at all.

Now you posted that video blindly to every remark I made, without actually reading the points. Would you mind explaining how your video addresses target-closest? Because it is most definitely broken. Unless you can some how magically show otherwise.

what are you complaining about, he showed you it can still be easily farmed on a necro, and the camera issue can be fixed if you learn where to keep your camera at the start, so again, that’s an issue with your playing

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

I love when Mad Queen Malafide is in a thread!

Yes, target closest is buggy.
I’ve farmed on guardian and necro and I know not to trust it. If I tab and I don’t get Deadeye, I simply walk forward until I do.

It is “harder” to do on a necro because they lack invuls.
You know what guardians don’t have? Fears. Every class is not the same. There are handicaps and advantages to each. Also who cares about invuls when you have blinds?

The camera is buggy.
When is it not in this game? But it is easily handled in the dome. It’s not something we should even have to deal with, but this is far from a perfect game, and there is a workaround.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

It sounds like you guys have no willpower to control your own actions. Just go do something else for the fun of it. Imagine that: FUN…in a game! Ha!

NSPride <3

in Queen's Jubilee

A Massive Headache.1879

It sounds like you guys have no willpower to control your own actions. Just go do something else for the fun of it. Imagine that: FUN…in a game! Ha!

A lot of us are having fun, if you look around the forums, this thread was made by a guy who after he discovered deadeye wasn’t fully nerfed, asked for builds to continue farming; however, I guess he didn’t have a guardian or thief, so he now talks about farming ragemaw(the tier 2 charr guy if i have the name wrong)

in Queen's Jubilee

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

what are you complaining about, he showed you it can still be easily farmed on a necro,

I’m complaining about simply fighting Deadeye, not farming him. You’ve basically got a boss with one-shot mechanics, that teleports across the room, and if you don’t get to him in time, you die. I’d say invulnerability skills give you a vast advantage at such an encounter, clearly. It was clearly designed with that sort of strategy in mind.

and the camera issue can be fixed if you learn where to keep your camera at the start, so again, that’s an issue with your playing

If you learn where to keep your camera at the start? What does that sentence even mean?

The game automatically sets your camera to a preset angle at you enter the dome. You don’t have any control over where it starts. And there’s at least one dome that consistently sets your camera in a position where you can’t see the boss.

I love being in threads too.

in Queen's Jubilee

A Massive Headache.1879

what are you complaining about, he showed you it can still be easily farmed on a necro,

I’m complaining about simply fighting Deadeye, not farming him. You’ve basically got a boss with one-shot mechanics, that teleports across the room, and if you don’t get to him in time, you die. I’d say invulnerability skills give you a vast advantage at such an encounter, clearly. It was clearly designed with that sort of strategy in mind.

and the camera issue can be fixed if you learn where to keep your camera at the start, so again, that’s an issue with your playing

If you learn where to keep your camera at the start? What does that sentence even mean?

The game automatically sets your camera to a preset angle at you enter the dome. You don’t have any control over where it starts. And there’s at least one dome that consistently sets your camera in a position where you can’t see the boss.

I love being in threads too.

That camera bit simply isn’t true, I enter the arena with different camera angles all the time, and it’s not invulnerability you want for deadeye, it’s blind and stuns, which every profession has. seriously, it’s not a problem with deadeye, it’s a problem with personal skill level.

in Queen's Jubilee

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That camera bit simply isn’t true, I enter the arena with different camera angles all the time,

I posted a screenshot of it happening!

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

GuardianOMS.8067

That happens to me all the time.

You can
a.) tab target
b.) walk forward then tab target
c.) strafe left or right to avoid aggro
d.) adjust your camera while having your first attack prepared (if you’re not a skill clicker, this is easy)

C will not work against Deadeye though. Bottom line, you can work around that easily, even against bosses that insta-aggro with ohko attacks.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I’m getting relatively poorer every second skilled players farm embers and less skilled players farm gauntlet. Please hotfix.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I’m getting relatively poorer every second skilled players farm embers and less skilled players farm gauntlet. Please hotfix.

I had no idea that zerging an event required “skill”.

Please explain.

in Queen's Jubilee

GuardianOMS.8067

I had no idea that zerging an event required “skill”.

Please explain.

Please see WvW.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Hrm… so many people who already made their money from deadeye suddenly wanting it nerfed so no one else can make that money as well. Nice.

Alright, ANet, I agree: go ahead and nerf him… but decide on a gold limit for what should be considered an “exploit” and perm ban anyone who made more than that limit from beating him

Time to watch the selfish people wallow in regret!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

you cant see deadeye when you warp into thea rena because your camera was pointing down because you were looking down from the catwalk. point your camera level before you warp in and he’ll be in your FOV.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

in Queen's Jubilee

Broadicea.8294

No it doesn’t, when you port in your camera is in the same position as it was when you were outside on the catwalk. You’re looking down in your screenshot because you were looking down at the dome before you went in. But a simple solution is to MOVE YOUR CAMERA when you get in. Even with the fix to the aggro radius, you still have roughly 2 seconds to target him and initiate your opening attacks (which in this case should be Dark Path) before he begins attacking. That’s more than enough time to move your camera and target him.

And you did say it was harder to farm on a necro, which I showed you was not true. You also said “our DPS is poor” and stated that necros can’t just stand in one spot and DPS him to death before he teleports, which I clearly do in my farm video.

All of your complaints about this boss on a necro, whether just killing him once, or farming him, come down to L2P issues.

See attachment for an illustration of the camera mechanics.

Attachments:

(edited by Broadicea.8294)

in Queen's Jubilee

Kajin.5301

you cant see deadeye when you warp into thea rena because your camera was pointing down because you were looking down from the catwalk. point your camera level before you warp in and he’ll be in your FOV.

This + Broadicea.

MQM, you know I’ve still not personally encountered a person in a pavillion farming like me. Oh I see plenty thieves/guardians farmin DED4G fast back to back, but none doing DED5G in the same ease. So until proven otherwise, I’ll go ahead and say us necros have it easy over other classes at farming DED5G.

in Queen's Jubilee

GuardianOMS.8067

Oh cool, I didn’t even know that, thanks man. For once I learned something from Mad Queen Malafide arguing other than she is wrong.

in Queen's Jubilee

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Oh cool, I didn’t even know that, thanks man. For once I learned something from Mad Queen Malafide arguing other than she is wrong.

There’s no need for personal attacks. Try to stay mature.

in Queen's Jubilee

GuardianOMS.8067

I’m just going by the threads I’ve read that you tend to hijack. I don’t understand how saying you are excessively wrong or misinformed about things be immature personal attack. I’m simply stating an observation. Would saying you’re right be immature too?

Rhetorical question, please don’t answer it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’m just going by the threads I’ve read that you tend to hijack.

This is a discussion forum, and everyone is allowed to partake in discussion. You may not agree with my opinion, but that does not give you the right to personal attacks. Please refrain from doing so, and engage in polite discussion.

in Queen's Jubilee

Broadicea.8294

Part of being mature is admitting when you’ve been proven wrong…

in Queen's Jubilee

GuardianOMS.8067

I don’t think I said you weren’t allowed to partake in the discussion, I also wasn’t using hijack in a negative sense. Again, it is not a personal attack, but a simple observation. Please stop taking everything to heart and in a negative manner. There is nothing impolite or wrong with saying someone is misinformed or incorrect, as many posters have already said about you and in reply to you.

in Queen's Jubilee

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I don’t think you have proven my points wrong at all (except the camera issue, you may be correct, but I have yet to test this).

As for you personally managing to DPS the boss to death. Great job. Does that mean it is just as easy for a necromancer? Not really. Last time I checked the necromancer sub-forum, every necro was complaining about how obviously the gauntlet does not favor necros (again, this has to do with the DS overflow issue, thanks to Pax).

How many necros do you see farming Deadeye in the gauntlet? I have not seen a single one. I see plenty of guardians though. On the whole necromancers are struggling with the gauntlet, because it relies so heavily on insta-kills.

And the game’s targeting is broken. It clearly is. There are like a zillion topics on this very issue. It is an issue that becomes more noticeable in fights that rely on a lot of movement, and having to re-target the enemy. If you don’t have any trouble with targeting, good for you! You’ve gotten used to a bad targeting system. That does not invalidate the point.

Again, I never said it was impossible. Which is something you claimed I said, but I never did. You can be the mature one, and admit that you were representing my opinion incorrectly.

I don’t think I said you weren’t allowed to partake in the discussion, I also wasn’t using hijack in a negative sense. Again, it is not a personal attack, but a simple observation. Please stop taking everything to heart and in a negative manner. There is nothing impolite or wrong with saying someone is misinformed or incorrect, as many posters have already said about you and in reply to you.

Claiming someone is excessively wrong in various topics, without actually addressing any of the arguments from those topics, is most definitely a personal attack, and it also a cowardly one at that. Now you may disagree on my opinion that the Gauntlet does not favor the necro… fine. But what other opinions do you disagree with, and why?

in Queen's Jubilee

Broadicea.8294

Well as I was able to come up with a sub-60 second farming rotation with about a half-hour of practice and that’s with a grand total of 83 hours on necro. I’m not trying to toot my own horn, I’m pointing that out to say that if a whole forum of necro-players are having trouble, maybe necro just attracts bad players who are too wedded to condition builds in PvE.

I’m way way worse on necro than on other classes, and I was still able to find a way to kill him every bit as easily as on them. It’s not a class imbalance issue with this boss, it’s a player skill issue. The biggest part of that is accepting the zerker meta in PvE.

Edit: Shout out to spoj for his build idea.

in Queen's Jubilee

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

maybe necro just attracts bad players who are too wedded to condition builds in PvE.

Maybe you should share this theory with the rest of the necromancer forum.

Personally I think you’ll find good and bad players among all classes. Necromancer being one of the least favorite classes is more likely to draw less bad players. But it is a class that requires more skill to be played efficiently. It has a higher bar than some of the other classes. This becomes a problem when necromancers have to play through content that other classes can tackle more easily.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mickers.2715

mickers.2715

rip deadeye farm , bags nolonger drop silver.

in Queen's Jubilee

Kajin.5301

thanks to Ascii we had a thread about farming DED from day 1. Whereas other profession subforums didnt have any threads about DED farming at start.

Necros have more than enough interrupts for DED. I only use of 1 and that’s only as an o kitten button if I know he ports out of 900range (scepter).

The only trouble necros had was with Liadri 8, which again we had to work around by adding Energy sigils/Orrian stew foods.

I really wish my laptop could handle my recording and uploading and sharing on youtube but I can’t I’m happy I can atleast farm him with 10-20fps in domes.

Despite all the feedbacks you can find across the forums if you still feel necros have it unfairly hard at DED, then please by all means add me and synch to my instance so can show you how easy it really is to farm DED5G.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

rip deadeye farm , bags nolonger drop silver.

I saw that coming, even called it out to everyone farming in my instance yesterday. Not a huge shocker. I’m even kind of glad because I don’t feel obligated to do this 1-2 hours a day, because it was simply too good to pass up.

The farming was getting out of hand anyway. The last couple days the arenas were significantly busier with people trying to farm him than they were a week ago.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zhavari.7190

Zhavari.7190

I don’t think you have proven my points wrong at all (except the camera issue, you may be correct, but I have yet to test this).

As for you personally managing to DPS the boss to death. Great job. Does that mean it is just as easy for a necromancer? Not really. Last time I checked the necromancer sub-forum, every necro was complaining about how obviously the gauntlet does not favor necros (again, this has to do with the DS overflow issue, thanks to Pax).

When you say “the gauntlet does not favor necros”, do you mean the entire gauntlet without gambits? I’m a mediocre skilled necro with a weird custom bunker/heal/condition build (0/20/20/30/0) using full Apothecary rares (tough/heal/condition), scepter/dagger and staff. I think I died 3 times before Liadri, and beat every boss before her on at least the second try, if not the first. I didn’t even use DS all that much; certainly never in a live-or-die situation, and only used Dulfy to look up the Norn/hound fight (I didn’t realize you could pick up the food, thanks ANet for the great visual feedback as usual). Also defeated Deadeye in the first go-round. And really, I’m not a great Necro player; I’m a casual in the very sense of the word (look at my build again, it’s something I concocted immediately after hitting 80 and is in no way efficient).

Heck, after beating my head against the Liadri wall in 30 tries with my bunker/heal build, I beat her within one ticket after getting the appropriate gear (mix of soldier+zerker) and speed/damage build, thanks to woomera’s guide.

Honestly, I can’t tell you why “on the whole necromancers are struggling in the gauntlet”. I didn’t think it was hard at all until Liadri. With access to regen, blind, stun, cripple, and DS (even with the spillover), on top of the dodges, I have no idea why necros would be struggling.

(edited by Zhavari.7190)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Crap I have a stack of bag unopened. Is tier 2 farm worth it? or do those bags drop silver??

Regarding the necro talk. The only thing in gauntlet not favor necro is Light up the darkness. Liadri is ok because 3 orbs is very manageable with just signet of lotus and 2 dodge. 8 orbs tho is harder.

Before Liadri, it’s a cakewalk using condition necro. Just kite kite kite and spam conditions. And without defiant, our conditions (especially fear) finally work properly. I never timed out, never died except the light dude because I didn’t know what to do. The gauntlet before Liadri actually makes me feel great with my necro. No condition cap with teammate, no defiant making half my condition useless.

I did most of my gauntlet with my guildies and some of them said necro is OP after watching me beat the wind lady with only 2-3 tornado spammed.