in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

So, who wants to join?

The "I give up beating Liadri" Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

I washed my paws of the entire Gauntlet. I wasn’t having fun doing it, so I went back to just having a blast at the Jubilee killing mobs in the zerg as we ran events in the Pavilion. It was much more fun. I guess since I never got to her, I can’t really join the “Giving up on her” club…

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Well… (raises hand) I just throw away the tickets whenever I get them.

The Pavilion, while fun at first, gets dull if I stay too long. Because most of the enemies are veterans, and clumped together, you have to have at least a few others with you or join the “zerg” to farm effectively. Even then, it just becomes a mass of FPS drop and culling, and I can’t tell what’s targeting me sometimes.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

this post make me rolf so hard.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Artificer.3468

Artificer.3468

You son of a shepherd.

De Valkomm

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Illi.3647

Illi.3647

Look like I´m joining this thing! yeah, I´m glad that I make it into the phase 2, then just something kill me or time runs out… I´m trying to do some other gambit achieves, maybe I´ll try her later on but I´m already OK with not beating her. It´s kinda good though, finally something challenging that not everyone could get in first hour, so thats the bright side

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I gave up at the tornado lady.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Lol, great thread. Didn’t even start the gauntlet. Having far too much fun farming the downstairs arena before ANet takes it away from me sigh

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Find a trustworthy friend or a stranger to do it for you. Then you can still be in this club while getting all the rewards.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Queen's Jubilee

Elbegast.6970

Find a trustable friend or a stranger to do it for you. Then you can still be in this club while getting all the rewards.

Trust is a four letter word. The letter ‘T’ just repeats itself for emphasis.

Anyways, I don’t much care for rewards. I’m not used to getting them so I imagine that if I did, it would probably kill the immersion for me.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i’m a staff elem, so i’m lucky i can subdue a sparkfly let alone liadri
i’ve gotten to the second phase and had her at 48%
sadly the more i do this the worse i get at it, i really just want the mini

i have no interest in the faceroll arena
but if anyone can tell me how often the 6 mini chests spawn
that’d be helpful

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lippuringo.1742

Lippuringo.1742

If i can’t beat her today, i just give up. I’ve tried Warrior and can’t beat her because of cripple and no chance to get that much burst damage, to kill her in 7 seconds. Now i’m trying guardian and start understanding that i can’t beat her because: 1. i don’t see stupid red circles and 2. this camera kills me. Now i just try sword/blind build and if it’s not work, i just give up. I really don’t need this mini (because mini system in current state just stupid), i just want to accomplish killing hard boss. But if this boss can’t be killed just on player skill (yeah, take it, you need endurance regeneration and decent damage to do so, and this is not about player skill) and give me zero fun, i would not try to beat her again.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: crestpiemangler.7631

crestpiemangler.7631

You son of a shepherd.

Hah, good to see somebody who remembers Ed, Edd and Eddy.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: masterfan.8375

masterfan.8375

This is probably the worst event ever. I have full ascended ele and thief and there’s no freaking way I can kill her….. kittening mobs chasing you all the time. If they touch you, you are dead. Portals pulling you all the time if u dont destroy them. Instant death storm coming out of sky and kittening timer set to kill her… And I don’t even have to say anything about that camera…. ArenaNET you really screwed up with this one.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

This is probably the worst event ever. I have full ascended ele and thief and there’s no freaking way I can kill her….. kittening mobs chasing you all the time. If they touch you, you are dead. Portals pulling you all the time if u dont destroy them. Instant death storm coming out of sky and kittening timer set to kill her… And I don’t even have to say anything about that camera…. ArenaNET you really screwed up with this one.

Use your thief and use a shortbow.

Cluster bomb will kill the orbs. You can use auto attacks to kill her. Use shortbow 3 to cripple her when she gets close. Dodge her lunges and keep running in a circle near the center of the room.

Your welcome.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kyvia.5961

Kyvia.5961

Well… (raises hand) I just throw away the tickets whenever I get them.

Ooooh, I would hold onto them, in case they make them vendor trash like the Support Tokens!

in Queen's Jubilee

Elbegast.6970

Cluster bomb will kill the orbs. You can use auto attacks to kill her. Use shortbow 3 to cripple her when she gets close. Dodge her lunges and keep running in a circle near the center of the room.

Your welcome.

And what’s your strategy for Thief vs Treenado Lady?

in Queen's Jubilee

Calae.1738

Your welcome.

And what’s your strategy for Thief vs Treenado Lady?

Weapons
double pistol

Build
30 points in critical strikes (I , VI, XI)

Utilities
signet of malice
shadowstep
infiltrator’s signet
signet of shadows

Elite
thieves guild

Food buffs
omnomberry pie
quality maintenance oil

Start the fight popping your thieves guild and start spamming pistol 3. Use pistol 2 for some vulnerability. Just keep running and shooting. If you get hit with tornadoes use your stun breakers; you only have 2 of them so be careful. If you go down keep spamming downed state 1 attack.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Hai guise can I participate? :D

in Queen's Jubilee

Calae.1738

There’s a trait in the acrobatics tree for thieves called Fleet of Foot. Even if you get whacked by liadri’s lunge attack you can dodge to remove cripple and weakness.

Liadri with a thief is easy. You have no excuse for giving up.

in Queen's Jubilee

crestpiemangler.7631

There’s a trait in the acrobatics tree for thieves called Fleet of Foot. Even if you get whacked by liadri’s lunge attack you can dodge to remove cripple and weakness.

Of course you do… if you don’t enjoy doing it. I’m pretty sure this is an online video game and not a test.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I gave up on it awhile ago. Fact is, there are other things I want to do in the game other than blow my coin on a fight that is hard for all of the wrong reasons.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shezu Tsukai.8291

Shezu Tsukai.8291

Treenado Lady is easier with S/P and Thieves Guild. You can stun lock her with pistol whip for a while, while your thieves pound her. When the tornadoes start sword 2 gets you back in the action fast.

But as far as beating Liandri, I’ll keep trying until the event is over but only with tickets that come to me free. I won’t support things that favor the well computered or luck spawn with my hard earned money.

edit:
Out of the club. Beat her today after 264 tries.

Verum et Vitae

(edited by Shezu Tsukai.8291)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

This is not a thread about how to beat Liadri. There are already enough of those.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dakan.9463

Dakan.9463

I can beat Dark Souls without dying once but Liadri is above me… I just can’t see whats going on in the arena because of the weird camera and something always one-shots me when I get her to about half of her health.

Funny how people keep saying Liadri is easy on a thief. Guess I’m a bad thief then.

I give up after about 100 tries and even buying condition gear. All in all she cost me about 25g I guess. I will now join the zerg and get my money back in the next few days.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Yeah I do. I actually have a few:

1. I don’t care about AP.
  2. I don’t care about the minipet.
  3. I don’t care about titles.
  4. Zerging and getting phat lootz is more fun and rewarding to me.

Because of these four excuses, I feel its better for me if I just didn’t even try anymore.

in Queen's Jubilee

cheshirefox.7026

got this down to about 20% on a —--ty condition staff elementalist
so, that’s pretty much an accomplishment in itself

i can outswim a centaur!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

I never even started to challenge Liadri—can I still join the club?
Defeated all the rest, but I’m not going to put myself through all the stress of trying to defeat her cheap tricks.

Besides, I completed each of the main achievement threads via achievements other than Liadri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

I can beat Dark Souls without dying once but Liadri is above me… I just can’t see whats going on in the arena because of the weird camera and something always one-shots me when I get her to about half of her health.

Funny how people keep saying Liadri is easy on a thief. Guess I’m a bad thief then.

I give up after about 100 tries and even buying condition gear. All in all she cost me about 25g I guess. I will now join the zerg and get my money back in the next few days.

Check my guide:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Liadra-guide-for-non-zerk-direct-damage/first#post2596022

Let me know if there’s anything STILL unclear after you read it. It goes into depth every facet.

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

70 tickets spent, I called it quits.

I also don’t feel like playing gw2 anymore because of this, at all. I stopped doing dungeons, I stopped doing dailies, I just log on to chat from now on.

Took away my motivation to play the game, I come to relax and get some chievs not to get frustrated.

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Darklimbo.1476

Darklimbo.1476

it just takes some time to learn the pattern and eventually make it.
Took me 50 tries to finally win but it is possible.

The River Dragon has come

in Queen's Jubilee

cheshirefox.7026

I also don’t feel like playing gw2 anymore because of this, at all.

this ^

i can outswim a centaur!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Berserker.9372

Berserker.9372

I also don’t feel like playing gw2 anymore because of this, at all.

this ^

umm why? Just leave it and do some other content. GW2 is not just QG.

Honestly, if you don’t have the skill or if you don’t learn it properly, then accept the fact that you’re bound to not finish every single achievement out there. Previous contents have been a joke in terms of challenge and I applaud GW2 for bringing in a challenging one.

If you don’t feel like playing gw2 anymore, too bad. You can’t have everything handed to you on a silver platter.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Berserker.9372

Berserker.9372

70 tickets spent, I called it quits.

I also don’t feel like playing gw2 anymore because of this, at all. I stopped doing dungeons, I stopped doing dailies, I just log on to chat from now on.

Took away my motivation to play the game, I come to relax and get some chievs not to get frustrated.

Skip QG and do something else. I don’t understand why you have to be frustrated at this. Accept that fact that not everyone can finish the challenging acheievements.. You’re not required to finish it or anything.

in Queen's Jubilee

cheshirefox.7026

wow, it took you two posts just to bash on people who are frustrated..
on a completely unrelated note, this game just keeps getting classier

i can outswim a centaur!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rimu.7105

Rimu.7105

Where do I submit my appiclation…I cant for the live of me beat her, there is WAY to much going on in that fight for a single person fight, I cant attack, kite, avoid AoE, and avoid Crashs, and attack from behind myself, at the same time

in Queen's Jubilee

Excalibur.9748

Where do I submit my appiclation…I cant for the live of me beat her, there is WAY to much going on in that fight for a single person fight, I cant attack, kite, avoid AoE, and avoid Crashs, and attack from behind myself, at the same time

Yes you can! Believe in yourself!

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Rimu.7105

Exalibur…I have spent 10g on repairs alone, atleast 5g on buying extra tickets, I have leveled and geared a charater to 80 (a warrior sense people said its easier on a warrior), and I cant even get 10% of her health down….

its not going to happen

in Queen's Jubilee

Excalibur.9748

Exalibur…I have spent 10g on repairs alone, atleast 5g on buying extra tickets, I have leveled and geared a charater to 80 (a warrior sense people said its easier on a warrior), and I cant even get 10% of her health down….

its not going to happen

Sorry to hear that. Did you enjoy the experience at least? And you probably got a lot better from all that training

What you’re saying is pretty much what I believed in, until I spent a lot of time theorycrafting various builds, and then finally settled on one. I could notice myself getting a lot better progressively until I could reliably get her to 5-10% HP and then I downed her!

I was stuck on phase 1 for the LONGEST time too. But once I learned what to do, I could reliably clear phase 1. And then afterwards phase 2 was not too hard either once I figured out what to do.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Optionals.7963

Optionals.7963

Giving up on it. I wasted over 35g on gear just to even get ‘close’ to having a chance at beating Liadri. It’s frustrating because the reward for beating her is a mini, and as someone who’s collected every single mini to date, this is where it comes to an end.

in Queen's Jubilee

Rimu.7105

Did I enjoy it…no, i think i literally broke out in a rash of frustration (very itchy)… and no I am no better than when I started other than I have seen phase 2 for ~20 seconds before death…. I cant damage her because I cant do straifing (or how ever you spell that word), I can run side-to-side an attack, I can run around and use my bow like I do on my ranger, but I CANT attack behind me, while being crippled, while dodgeing insta-kill clones, being pulled by orbs that CANT be hit by ranged, and avoiding half a room of AoE insta-death….its not physically possible for me

in Queen's Jubilee

Rimu.7105

@ Optionals, same here Opitonal, I dont have ALL the mini’s I missed afew of the x-mas ones because those box’s refused to hand them over, and 2 of the holiday ones (i have the stuff to make them just need the extra parts when x-mas rolls around again)…but from there on, I have them all but it seems that one will forever be a gap in my otherwise pretty set.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Optionals.7963

Optionals.7963

@ Optionals, same here Opitonal, I dont have ALL the mini’s I missed afew of the x-mas ones because those box’s refused to hand them over, and 2 of the holiday ones (i have the stuff to make them just need the extra parts when x-mas rolls around again)…but from there on, I have them all but it seems that one will forever be a gap in my otherwise pretty set.

Glad to know I’m not the only one experiencing this. I don’t think they fully understand that the people that purchase minis are usually the ones spending a lot more on the gem store than the average user as well. Because whenever a mini is released, it’s almost a 100% guarantee that a collector will purchase gems just to continue their collection.

in Queen's Jubilee

Rimu.7105

@ Optionals, exactly, I love collecting mini’s, though I gave up on the “Gambleing” mini’s (I have worse luck than a black cat on friday the 13ths under a full moon walking though a salt field under a latter of broken glass….) but every mini after that I bought, some times 2 sets for mystic forge upgrades (like the abomination mini)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aeroali.2814

Aeroali.2814

Liadri? I can’t even pass the fire asura guy in tier 2! I feel pretty sheepish that I tried so many times and am getting much worse lol. I may or may not keep trying, but I feel if I’m having this much trouble in tier 2, that I will be in the “give up” club soon enough. ; )

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dakan.9463

Dakan.9463

Okay I have to leave the club now. About 150 tries in total and she’s finally dead.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

164 tries in now. All in all I’ve dropped about 14 gold trying to beat her. As far as I’m concerned, I have bought that mini. I literally have done nothing else for days but fight her. No dailies, no WvW (my usual home), nothing.

To make matters worse, is it me or did they boost her Grasp damage? I actually got killed by it for the first time today. It got me before my heal could cooldown. I was all, “Really?” in between watching my health drop and the timer to refill tick.

The running rumor is that of 100 pre-event beta testers, only 6 completed Gauntlet. As if that shouldn’t have been a huge red flag enough, someone got the bright idea to have her give a mini after being defeated. So that all the mini collectors like me could be driven completely batkitten insane. I have NEVER screamed at a video game prior to this event.

Edit: More salt in the wound? My friend and rival not only beat her, but completed the 8 orbs as well.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Liadri? I can’t even pass the fire asura guy in tier 2! I feel pretty sheepish that I tried so many times and am getting much worse lol. I may or may not keep trying, but I feel if I’m having this much trouble in tier 2, that I will be in the “give up” club soon enough. ; )

Yeah, he put an end to my participation. I tried necro, thief, warrior, guardian, and mesmer against him. Maybe engi, too, I don’t remember… anyway. I’ve watched people go up against him and it looks so easy, but when I get in there I most often can’t tell where the fire is coming from. It’s just everywhere. There were a couple of times with my necro when I could kinda sorta almost see where the flames were coming from and therefore (mostly) avoid them, and one of those times I actually managed to get in some damage. My thief had it the worst, though: he would just rush toward her and BOOM. Game over, man. Game over.

At this point I wish I could opt out of getting the gauntlet tickets as drops. Are they good for anything else?

The table is a fable.

in Queen's Jubilee

crestpiemangler.7631

At this point I wish I could opt out of getting the gauntlet tickets as drops. Are they good for anything else?

Yes, farming the easier bosses with gambits for gold.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Giving up on it. I wasted over 35g on gear just to even get ‘close’ to having a chance at beating Liadri. It’s frustrating because the reward for beating her is a mini, and as someone who’s collected every single mini to date, this is where it comes to an end.

Hopefully your torment is at an end then… I can’t quit, despite that this is literally driving me mad. At this point I’m willing to lend a friend my account if he can do it for me, just to make the pain stop… I’ve known the guy via my guild, which I’ve been a part of for several years, but have never physically met him. The thought of him possibly stealing my account terrifies me, but in comparison with the anguish of inadequacy and a prize that’s literally being dangled just out of reach, my fear is the lesser of the two evils.

Anet, if I lose my account… Know that I was driven to this. Having the mini after Liadri and not instead swapping it in place of the 2 gold reward for Gauntlet completion was a mistake.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)