Another thank you for Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: wingybaby.4162

wingybaby.4162

Hi everyone- I’ve been playing Guild Wars 2 since beta and I have to say, despite the occasional quirk or kink, I’ve really enjoyed this game. There have been a lot of quality of life changes that are refreshing since start (no shared loot, no shared nodes, world events) and recent changes (shared ascended gear, account wide dyes).

One change I’ve seen however has really been unspoken tho – the representation of overlooked gamers like LGBT and disability. Christina from earlier really sparked my interest about Taimi and I thought I would write a blog just talking about what a huge change that is when it comes to disability, especially as someone who has a disability herself and works daily to help other people get the help they need. Let me know what you think. http://owl.li/v8glk

Thanks everyone at GW2 for making a game so amazing and inclusive.

-Mac
Easter Seals Inc. Intern

in Living World

Posted by: Valrog.2059

Valrog.2059

Thank you, ArenaNet for representing disabled people.

Please create a likable disabled character, unlike Taimi, whom many like myself find very annoying as she’s a continuation of the most hated character, Scarlet. Thank you for your consideration.

(edited by Valrog.2059)

in Living World

Posted by: Scott McGough

Scott McGough

Narrative Lead

http://owl.li/v8glk

Thanks everyone at GW2 for making a game so amazing and inclusive.

-Mac
Easter Seals Inc. Intern

On behalf of ANet as a whole, the Living World teams, and myself in particular: you’re welcome.

And thank you for posting such a moving account of your first encounter with Taimi. I’ve said it before, but it’s still true: this is the kind of reaction every storyteller hopes for when they put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard).

We put a lot of thought and effort into Taimi, and we’re proud of the result…and prouder to have inspired such a positive reaction from players who identify with her.

Cheers!

—Scott McG