Any way to catch up on Living Story?

in Living World

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Hi,
I left the game in early March. I have missed a lot of the living story. Is there any way to catch up on the living story/achievements? Am I able to go through the motions of the living story from almost the start up until now? If so, how long will I be able to do this?

I am considering returning. Being able to catch up with the living story would help sway my decision a bit!

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Living World

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Yes. Took me about 5 hours split over 2 days. I suggest you read the guide for the different achievments though so you don’t miss things.

in Living World

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

You could easily do it all in a day if you wanted too. Just use dufly’s guides, and you should be fine.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Living World

cesmode.4257

Ah fantastic. So what youre saying is, I can com eback at any time and catch up? This stuff isnt going away at the end of May or something? Will I be able to see and do it all without worry that some patch will remove it?

in Living World

cesmode.4257

Yes no? The content going to be removed at some point?

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

The content is going to be removed next Sunday (12th), if I remember the announcement correctly.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Living World

cesmode.4257

@gabby: I just saw that in the announcements section of the forums. Does that mean the previous phases of the living story are inaccessible? Or can I pick up from where I left off in late Feb/Early March?

in Living World

Gabby.3205

I’m pretty sure you can pick up from where you left off
But just because this is the first part of the Living Story (Flame & Frost). When the next part starts (The Secret of Southsun), the previous will become inaccessible. You are pretty lucky, considering that you would have missed the final chapter of this story if you had decided to come back next week instead lol

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

cesmode.4257

So I can still get to all of the phases in flame and frost up until sunday.

Hrm…to grind or not to grind this weekend?

Do I really want to come back…

in Living World

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

I’m pretty sure you can pick up from where you left off
But just because this is the first part of the Living Story (Flame & Frost). When the next part starts (The Secret of Southsun), the previous will become inaccessible. You are pretty lucky, considering that you would have missed the final chapter of this story if you had decided to come back next week instead lol

Unless they do the dungeon as well, they’re still going to miss the final chapter. And grinding the rest is pointless, since the only way to get the reward from that is to do the dungeon on top of everything else.

in Living World

Gabby.3205

Unless they do the dungeon as well, they’re still going to miss the final chapter. And grinding the rest is pointless, since the only way to get the reward from that is to do the dungeon on top of everything else.

Well, yeah, but the dungeon is pretty cool and the OP never mentioned that he didn’t like dungeons. But I guess it is pretty much like you said, yes, though I think the dungeon was the best part and is really fun to do, even with random people that you might find in front of the entrance (which is a weird thing for me to say, since I usually avoid contact with random people in game because English is not my first language, so I am afraid of messing up and making people think that I am some kind of illiterate moron).

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

What makes the game awesome like back in the old eq1 days when they would have 1 time only invasions etc etc its the OLD SCHOOL immersion and is what the game was actually hyped around its ok there gonna be plenty of events you will make and miss as time goes on and it not like your pasying a monthly sub if so you doin something wrong wink im playin catch up too btw.

in Living World

cesmode.4257

Hey,
I logged in last night…To be honest, it was pretty difficult and confusing to find out where exactly I had left off. I spent about 45 minutes running around like an idiot trying to find the fire portals where dred and flame legion spawned because I remember leaving off at that I think. I closed one…but then realized in my achievement tracker that the achievement I just ganed for killing 50 of these guys was not a pre-req down the required achievement “path”, as I’ll call it….to get to the last achievement and unlock the dungeon.

I then turned my focus to the pre-reqs and required achievements(I think I even did them out of order, I did hatchery first than braham), and I got up to the dungeon achievement(last one I believe) within 45 minutes or an hour. I still have to go through the different tiers of lost and found possessions for the refugees and things like that, but I want to get the main achievements done first.

I could see that the idea behind this story is probably pretty neat, although I was a bit rushed for time last night so I didnt pay attention a whole lot to the story. But I do think that there just wasnt enough to it. From where I left off, two main missions, a few cutscenes and dialogue, a bit of travel and youre done. 1-2 hours max. Not including time to go through the tiers of the other achieves.

Hoping that the living stories in the future have different arcs/branches that the player can choose his/her adventure much like the personal stories. That would be sweet.

in Living World

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Here is a list of things that you need to do before Sunday (in order of release)

1: Acts of kindness (reviving/assisting Refugees, lighting bonfires, repairing signs, gathering mementos)

2: Kill a bunch of Molten Invaders (they are any enemies related to the story, not specifically from events)

3: Find the 6 Dirt/Snow Covered Objects in Diessa Plateau/Wayfarer Foothills and return them to the Refugees in Lion’s Arch (3 in each zone)

4: Visit the Black Citadel and get a translator from the Whispers Agent

5: Find the 12 secret messages around Diessa Plateau/Wayfarer Foothills, the locations are in a letter the Whispers Agent gives you (6 per zone)

6: Visit the Command Core in the Black Citadel and see Rox and Rytlock’s conversation

7: Complete The Hatchery instance in Diessa Plateau

8: Visit the Blood Tribune Quarters and watch Braham and Rytlock’s conversation

9: Visit Hoelbrak and watch Braham’s conversation with Knut

10: Complete the Cragstead instance in Wayfarer Foothills

11: Complete the Molten Foundry dungeon in Diessa Plateau/Wayfarer Foothills

12: Visit the Black Citadel’s jail and watch Rox and Rytlock’s conversation

13: Visit Hoelbrak and watch Braham’s conversation with Knut

14: Visit the Black Citadel/Hoelbrak/Lion’s Arch on the 12th and sit at the celebration bonfire to complete the Living Story

That’s everything :P
(the Molten Invaders are any enemy related to the Molten Alliance, killing enemies in The Hatchery, Cragstead, or the Molten Foundry counts towards the achievement)

in Living World

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

i caned off all the content within a few hours after molten facility opened up. Very easy to do.

Kind of a testimonial to how much content has been included within the past 3 months.

in Living World

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

It’s not really a grind unless you don’t enjoy it. If you don’t enjoy it I suggest you leave and stay that way.

in Living World

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

It’s not really a grind unless you don’t enjoy it. If you don’t enjoy it I suggest you leave and stay that way.

But if you do that, are you going to get your money back? After all the whole point is to pay for something you enjoy doing. This isn’t a F2P game, you know.

in Living World

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

But if you do that, are you going to get your money back? After all the whole point is to pay for something you enjoy doing. This isn’t a F2P game, you know.

Never said, or insisted, it was F2P. I’ve bought plenty of games I don’t like.

in Living World

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

Here is a list of things that you need to do before Sunday (in order of release)

1: Acts of kindness (reviving/assisting Refugees, lighting bonfires, repairing signs, gathering mementos)

2: Kill a bunch of Molten Invaders (they are any enemies related to the story, not specifically from events)

3: Find the 6 Dirt/Snow Covered Objects in Diessa Plateau/Wayfarer Foothills and return them to the Refugees in Lion’s Arch (3 in each zone)

5: Find the 12 secret messages around Diessa Plateau/Wayfarer Foothills, the locations are in a letter the Whispers Agent gives you (6 per zone)

6: Visit the Command Core in the Black Citadel and see Rox and Rytlock’s conversation

14: Visit the Black Citadel/Hoelbrak/Lion’s Arch on the 12th and sit at the celebration bonfire to complete the Living Story

(the Molten Invaders are any enemy related to the Molten Alliance, killing enemies in The Hatchery, Cragstead, or the Molten Foundry counts towards the achievement)

I completed 7 but can’t seem to get 8 to activate at all. Am I just bugged or are the characters gone now?

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in Living World

Calcifire.1864

I completed 7 but can’t seem to get 8 to activate at all. Am I just bugged or are the characters gone now?

they all vanished yesterday I’m afraid, the only part of the list that is valid now is the victory bonfire :<

in Living World

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Yeah the only thing I had left was a few secret contacts to go grrr oh well lol

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Living World

Calcifire.1864

if you have the item still, you can get the last of the contacts

theyre still there, but the guy who gives you the decrypter isn’t

in Living World

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

Glad to know people who like to take their time are shafted. I only did Rox, now I am stuck with half an achievement? Lame. Seasonal events I get, but this long prelude was around forever, just for them to shoot through some little story?

in Living World

Posted by: Audron.7843

Audron.7843

I agree to what was previously said. I understand what ArenaNet is trying to do with Guild Wars 2 and I like it. However, when a content has an expiration date, it should appear in-game and on the official page. I think the other two I did not catch, especially the one for Halloween, had this. You knew when it began and when it ended, it appeared on the release page, with a schedule. This did not. Does everyone else agree?