How will any future villain counter Scarlet?

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I don’t really like Scarlet as a villain, but nevermind about that.

How can any future villain of the game counter Scarlet? Scarlet forged almost impossible alliances, she can build massive things with really high technology. She even got in to the Asura colleges and aced all of them. She knows pretty much everything and more than anyone.

I mean, how can ANY future villain of the game become dangerous for us since we have already taken care of the most dangerous of them which is Scarlet?

The only real threat we have are the Elder Dragons, really, but how more dangeorus are they compared to Scarlet?

How much more absurd must a villain become to feel more dangerous than Scarlet?

in Living World

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Perhaps a giant wooden badger marionette?

Legions of Risen Ambient Creatures with a real grudge?

The RNG becomes self aware?

Some sort of Pirates. Pirates are always good. Perhaps the Arch Pirate or Uber Pirate.

Oh, I know, an Arch Pirate bitten by a radioactive spider from Scarlets fall out. SpiderPirate. With legions of Skritt/spider drachnids. Skriders.

Skriders on the storm.. dooo dooodo doo….

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Well Elona has a villain who is far superior to Scarlet – Palawa Joko.
But as for Villains in Tyria, I don’t think they have to top Scarlet. Something can still pose a threat and not be quite as dangerous as her – a threat is still a threat. It’s not like we’ll go – oh well Scarlet was harder to beat than them so lets just not bother.

in Living World

Posted by: aequitas.5694

aequitas.5694

+1 For the Giant Wooden Badger

in Living World

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

What if…

A new enemy forges an alliance between 3 species!

Brilliant.

in Living World

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Maybe if Abaddon came back, he could rival Scarlet’s power… Maybe.

I mean, Scarlet has pretty much surpassed the Elder Dragons power-wise already…

in Living World

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Lazarus the Dire.

The Consortium.

Elder dragons.

NCsoft policies.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

RNG is not just a system..it’s an entity in-game. Whenever u fight him u will have the same chance of hitting him as u have of getting actual good drops.

It’s practically invulnerable..it effects us all…and it gives us better nightmares then the nightmare court itself.

Ultimate boss.

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Perhaps a giant wooden badger marionette?

Legions of Risen Ambient Creatures with a real grudge?

Some sort of Pirates. Pirates are always good. Perhaps the Arch Pirate or Uber Pirate.

Oh, I know, an Arch Pirate bitten by a radioactive spider from Scarlets fall out. SpiderPirate. With legions of Skritt/spider drachnids. Skriders.

Skriders on the storm.. dooo dooodo doo….

+1 for all of this – you made my lunchtime!

in Living World

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

Jenna… who is an elder Dragon… because of Abbadon… and of course Scarlett planned this all along…

in Living World

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I could totally write a tale of a rogue/misplaced/escaped Asuran probability weapon that becomes the central threat/nemesis of the plot for 5-6 months.

Just figuring out IF it’s become sapient or not could be a really creepy sequence as it plows across the world tangling up destinies like a kitten with a ball of yarn and way too much enthusiasm…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The next Living Story “Villian” may wield Scepter of Orr and a big sack full of worthwhile lore. And that alone makes her far more interesting and capable of much more things.

Just sayin’

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

If a future villain (or a returning one, hint hint) actually has a plan and a personality, they’ve already trumped Scarlet.

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

My Gods, a Inquest Golem Mark II with all the cubes shaped like dice.
Probability in physical form!
Even if we do take it down we’re only given two blues and a green.
What has science done?!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

My Gods, a Inquest Golem Mark II with all the cubes shaped like dice.
Probability in physical form!
Even if we do take it down we’re only given two blues and a green.
What has science done?!

What has science done? I’ll tell you what it’s done:

Be Awesome (like usual)

((A dice-golem would be funny/cool))

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Living World

Atlas.9704

((A dice-golem would be funny/cool))

If I had enough dice or clay, and time, it would make a fun sculpture at least.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

That’s silly.

Everyone knows it will be Marquise Spinneret Mindfang.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

After really sitting and thinking about Scarlet and why she was so innefectual as a villian I realized it was mostly because she’s so poorly introduced written explained and soon to be ended. As I was pondering this I overheard a certain Charr being a prick to an asura and lo and behold I relaized who has been a real villian this whole time.

Gnashblade.

Completely selfserving in all respects. He doesn’t care who has to kill hurt maim steal from or lie to to get ahead. refugee’s still need to escape through this portal? Nope. Donate to help LA? Nah bro.

He’s a figure we all know and can relate to, a money grubbing kitten. All he needs is a macguffin to shoot up his ego/power a bit and bam, a better villian than scarlet could ever hope to be.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Living World

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

They could be well written.

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

By having a believable backstory. You don’t need to be epic to be interesting.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Do we really require an over the top super villain type? How about a General or a seemingly evil unified army not some silly set of alliances.

The next threat should be something completely foreign to us. Or at least something that’s not been seen in a while, perhaps a certain Lich could raise an army and charge across the Crystal Desert or maybe an Emperor could sail the Unending Ocean with intent to conquer Ascalon or Kryta.

in Living World

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I could totally write a tale of a rogue/misplaced/escaped Asuran probability weapon that becomes the central threat/nemesis of the plot for 5-6 months.

Just figuring out IF it’s become sapient or not could be a really creepy sequence as it plows across the world tangling up destinies like a kitten with a ball of yarn and way too much enthusiasm…

Remember the Great Golem Uprising of ’84?

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

But what if we don’t get to kill her till the end of session 2?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: NYG.2568

NYG.2568

What part of Abaddon is DEAD don’t people get??? I Are there not 5 Elder Dragons left….

Remember we don’t draw on cave walls anymore.Language and texts have evolved since.

in Living World

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

What if Zommoros shows up wanting revenge after Scarlet destroyed the mystic forge in LA? How bout it? An angry Djinn on the loose? eh, eh, EH?

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

What if Zommoros shows up wanting revenge after Scarlet destroyed the mystic forge in LA? How bout it? An angry Djinn on the loose? eh, eh, EH?

I hope not the first thing I did when I got into exploded LA was go jump on the remains of the mystic toilet.

in Living World

Posted by: Naetell.3815

Naetell.3815

Writing a more powerful villain every time one dies is bad writing. It’s unnecessary to do so to begin with, as there are plenty of other kinds of villains that are just as, if not more, effective to convey the story you’re trying to tell.

in Living World

Farzo.8410

Apparently Zommoros is not a Djinn, he’s a genie, which is something else in Guild Wars lore.

in Living World

CMstorm.8679

Apparently Zommoros is not a Djinn, he’s a genie, which is something else in Guild Wars lore.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zommoros
Pretty sure he’s a djinn

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The almighty Djinn Buu!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

CMstorm.8679

The almighty Djinn Buu!

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Darkoray.4570

Darkoray.4570

The only villain in the Scarlet saga wad the poorly writen story. The marshmallow man from ghost busters was more plausible.

Write a better store and you will have a better villain.

I’m going with Teofa, bring on the Skriders.

in Living World

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

The next Living Story “Villian” may wield Scepter of Orr and a big sack full of worthwhile lore. And that alone makes her far more interesting and capable of much more things.

Just sayin’

You mean ….Livia? She is technically still alive no? Wonder if Anet has plans for her. Last time you see her in GW1 picking up the scepter.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If the theories are true about Scarlet digging for Primordus (or maybe Mordremoth) beneath Lion’s Arch, then we could see a new Elder Dragon on the scene, one that would be a lot more active since it needs to carve out its territory on the surface.

Otherwise, some other ideas:

- Canthan Expansion. The Emperor of Cantha decides to invade Tyria with a MASSIVE army, backed up by unusually powerful soldiers that show signs of dragon energy. (Unknown to us, the Underwater Elder Dragon headed for Cantha, where it emerged in the Jade Sea after being drawn by the lingering energy of Shiro’s death scream.) After we repulse the initial invasion, we travel to Cantha to take the war to them.

- Elonian Expansion. The Crystal Desert gate near Ebonhawke is opened as the Pact marches forth to deal with Kralkatorrik. Along the way we run into Palawa Joko and his forces, who are also battling Kralkatorrik and the Branded. Following the death of Zhaitan, Palawa Joko has managed to add the Risen to his own forces with his powerful magic, but the exposure to Zhaitan’s magic eventually corrupts him too, causing him to lose control of his own mind and becomes a Risen Dragon Champion himself.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

He attacks in the form of throwing exploding legendries.

…Pick them up at your own risk.

in Living World

Posted by: IlMattoCavaliere.4013

IlMattoCavaliere.4013

The old one…
Cthulhu will come

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

in Living World

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

something more powerful and awesome than scarlet, in a word: Dragon.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en espaƱol / Spanish raiding guides

in Living World

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Elsa the Snow Queen will come and freeze everyone. :P

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

Scarlet’s iconic strength was equally her iconic weakness, Chaotic.

The problem is that they spent too long trying to get to the best bit with Scarlet and tried to be too clever in making her seem like this genius mastermind (Which she is, NOW) and even before that she had a pretty good short story written for her.

But a lot of that was told in short story format, people only learned of it now, save those of us that already knew it which annoyed us being hand fed exposition we already knew.

The next antagonist that comes after Scarlet in my opinion should be someone that is already “known” and established rather than someone that is new and unfamiliar.

I would like to see Caudecus take up the mantle (if you know what I jest at!) But also possibly a return of other familiar faces like Faolain who isn’t dead to my memory.

Then there is room for characters that ARE heroes to FALL into villainy, such as an eventual twist of destinies edge themselves becoming the bad guys over time, which would be a very interesting 180 spin on things.

I still believe that Treaherne is also potential for a future antagonist since he leaves some very ominous implications of his future after finishing Zhaitan. He appears very bored and purposeless not to mention there is the faintest potential that he may have been corrupted by Orr’s influence over prolonged exposure to it.

The next Living World Story however, should focus on what is already “there” rather than trying to throw new things down our throats.

GW already has A LOT of rich lore to exploit, mysteries left unfinished and unsolved from the previous guild wars games that need to be researched by the writers and potentially written into some good story content for the present lore to come back to haunt us.

There is also another aspect of this, who assumes we need one major villain? Isn’t that an overdone stereotype anyway? I would rather have multiple antagonists that have plans we cant foil than a single cartoon bad guy that gets defeated in a single arc of the living world.

Another thing id like to see is that destruction is not the only sign of change. For example, with LA destroyed why not try adding even more to the previous capital cities, or even renovate a certain unused Karka infested island into a capital city and purge its unwanted residents from existence once and for all?

I saw another thread about the idea of turning Southsun into a giant city on scale to Lions Arch, “I” for one do not believe that impossible, the Consortium now hold A LOT of leeway with the downfall of LA, and if Evon was to side with them he’d be able to rebuild his own city to replace LA which could be far more profitable and better positioned for sea trade.

I even like the idea of having say, a vote, like the Kiel/Evon vote, where maybe you have to decide vote to rebuild LA, or to build a new capital city in Southsun.

Leaving LA untouched leaves it a permanent leveling zone, while leaving south sun eventually sees an expansion into the underwater segment, with even MORE Karka problems while slowly expanding consortium territory outwards.

Also, where the HELL are the Zephyrites in all this? We made a trade agreement, where the hell is that gonna come through?

Other things worth noting:

- Scarlets Aetherial Drill is currently drilling its way into a magical lay line in the depths of Tyria, which will leave a permanent sinkhole in LA, and slowly drain the water around it until only flooded parts of the city remain sunk under.
- That also leaves potential room for expansion territory in the form of a Depths of Tyria themed expansion, with the entire underworld now exposed and explorable for new exploitation from the former Archers of LA.
- Retaking LA could be part of a personal story, leaving it permanently ruined but after completing it, the mobs there are permanently gone and replaced with npc’s trying to renovate the place over time.
- All the while this sinkhole leaves us with explorable new depths to wonder deep within Tyria, and find a certain deep dragon waiting for us to vanquish them, before they in turn cause quakes and trembles that might yet annihilate the planet.

in Living World

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Oink the wonder pig in GW is more awesome than Scarlet.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Oink the wonder pig in GW is more awesome than Scarlet.

Oink is god-tier. He’s even more powerful than the black pikkard.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Atlas.9704

Elsa the Snow Queen will come and freeze everyone. :P

Hmm Soule’s music combined with Idina Menzel’s voice and oh dear Six Gods my ears need a cigarette from such a beautiful thought.

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Then there is room for characters that ARE heroes to FALL into villainy, such as an eventual twist of destinies edge themselves becoming the bad guys over time, which would be a very interesting 180 spin on things.

The Metzen is strong in this one.

j/k but you just mentioned the only plot a certain MMO writer can think of =)

in Living World

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

My thought is this.

The Scarlet storyline was kind of weak at first but gradually got better and better to build up to the climax we have now. And I can appreciate that. A-net really spent this past year learning how they wanted to do living story and I think they are doing an overall good job with it.

That said, Scarlet is a completely new story plotline to the GW lore/story, so once it is over I’d really like to see a return to some of the unsolved mysteries from GW1. I’ll list a few examples.

-The Scepter of Orr. Really, the last we see is Livia about to pick this up at the end of EOTN. Nothing since then. Considering it was the weapon of the antagonist of the very first GW game, Prophecies, there are a lot of possibilities surrounding this relic and its wielder.

-The Mursaat/White Mantle. So Kryta is pretty much free of these guys, but we know they still exist. (White Mantle are part of one of the early human personal story branches aren’t they?) I think some very interesting story could potentially come involving these 2 groups.

-Ascalon. We know the Foefire turned what was left of the human population to ghosts, cursed to continue fighting seeing all as charr. We also know that both Sohothin and Magdaer have been recovered as well and that if wielded by the heir to Ascalon’s throne could put them to rest. We have the Ascalonian humans still in Ebonhawke. Potentially we could have a really interesting story concerning them and the separatists and a potential battle/war around Ebonhawke.

-Dragons and Dwarves. We still have dragons we can fight. Dwarves down in the earth fighting them. Could see something there with a return to some of the Underground of Tyria from EOTN and beyond. Also we have the Maguma Wastes (Jungle in GW1) which has the bloodstones and potentially a Jungle Dragon. Could see some very interesting things here.

-Cantha and Elona. Seriously at some point these two places need to be addressed and implemented. But maybe as a small baby step we start getting at least a little communication from these places again.

-That floating tower. You know which one I’m talking about. The one from Kessex Peaks in GW1, now in Kessex Hills and in a completely different location. Could see some fun with that.

Anet has a lot of rich, deep lore at their disposal, and in my opinion the lack of it has been a detriment to GW2 as a whole. If we start seeing stories involving some of these past mysteries, it would really make for some interesting and very fun LS.

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

(edited by Stramatus.5219)

in Living World

Posted by: MacKela.7024

MacKela.7024

Maybe our characters finally snap after some NPC takes the credit for our victory and we become the main villains. That’d shake things up a bit.

in Living World

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

She forged a large alliance, but who is to say that alliance is the most powerful force of evil that could be raised or that this is the most diabolical plan that could be hatched?

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in Living World

Farzo.8410

She forged a large alliance, but who is to say that alliance is the most powerful force of evil that could be raised or that this is the most diabolical plan that could be hatched?

It’s not that the Alliances might be powerful, but SHE MANAGED to bring enemies together to form an Alliance. Enemies that would be hard to bring together.

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It’s not that the Alliances might be powerful, but SHE MANAGED to bring enemies together to form an Alliance. Enemies that would be hard to bring together.

Yes. And to make it even weirder, she then proceeded to bring the alliances together as well. Suddenly, you have krait fighting side by side with the dredge and no explanation for it whatsoever.

Oh, and then there’s the fact that she’s been throwing away her troops against us for months and still she has enough left to takeover Lion’s Arch. Even without the ‘players need numbers’ explanation it doesn’t make sense. I mean, the ones that joined her were splintr groups. How many dredge are there in the world if even a small fraction of them is enough to take over Lion’s Arch after months of suffering losses?!

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Living World

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’d say anyone can top scarlet if they kill queen jennah

in Living World

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

I feel Arenanet backed themselves into a narrative corner when they wrote the six dragons into existence. Because by their very nature these dragons that are presented as omnipotent forces of nature are very very dull villains. They have unrelatable goals and their villainous nature is so on a scale beyond humanity that, to us they are like humans peering down at ants.

The real question is whether they can follow Zhaitan with a better story revolving around a dragon. And then do it 4 more times after that, without them feeling like flavour of the week (expansion) dragonlords.