Ideas for the next series of Living Story!

in Living World

Posted by: CookieNoodle.6503

CookieNoodle.6503

I believe that we should envelop more into the dragons and the old lore of GW1 within the next living story. Could we vote for it, as a community? I know I’m not the only one that’s really, really interested in Elona, Cantha, Wizards Towers and so much more! There’s so much to explore!

in Living World

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

No more living story, longer dev cycles (1-2 month releases) and expansion models please!

in Living World

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I remember friendly proposals, in CDI conversation!

Look Shriketalon 0,1937

for those who do not want to look the link. here are the examples he had given.

Attachments:

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Living World

Posted by: Samuli.7852

Samuli.7852

I remember friendly proposals, in CDI conversation!

Look Shriketalon 0,1937

for those who do not want to look the link. here are the examples he had given.

Well there you go, ANet! You have the script for the living story for the next four years here! =D

in Living World

Posted by: Arleii.5304

Arleii.5304

I’d give at least year and half on each dragon…And something else between them. Otherwise, soon they will be gone, and story will be less and less interesting.

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

in Living World

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

wouldn’t mind something that links to the elder dragons. Or something that dives heavy into lore.

#ELEtism

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

til they prove to me they can write a good story dont go near anything like old lore or dragons i want those experiences to be much better then ive seen. actually until then give me no story at all

in Living World

Posted by: Hopelessalchemist.4816

Hopelessalchemist.4816

til they prove to me they can write a good story dont go near anything like old lore or dragons i want those experiences to be much better then ive seen. actually until then give me no story at all

I agreed with you, actually. It’s not that I hate the LS, but I don’t want the dragons and such to get involved in the chaos that currently is the LS

in Living World

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Wizard’s Tower.

/thread

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Living World

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

Welp, not dragon related, but I came up with a short little romp of a Living Story mini-arc called…
It’s Tough to be a God
You are called to your home instance by your racial DE member, on your arrival, you are treated to a strange sight and a cut scene.
The local law enforcement has a large number of Flame Legion Charr and Grawl, all of them presenting no stance of hostility, but upon seeing you, they begin bowing and praising you.
After some confusion, the Charr Shaman explains that with Gaheron’s fall and Scarlet’s failed promises, many of the Flame Legion felt lost and some of the high shamans went into a retreat to seek guidance. What he saw was a vision that you would lead his people to greatness.
Hilarity proceeds to ensue as you try to shake these believers in various ways and end up only reinforcing their belief in you (like trying to pad them off to Trahearne only for them to beat him up ‘confirming’ he is not godly). Of course, you also find yourself occasionally helping them too.

The Charr Shaman eventually pulls you aside and explains he knows you’re not a god, but he’s tired of his people and family getting butchered in droves and also wants some safety. Thus he concocted the idea of making you their new patron god because he feels his congregation of Flame Legion can aid you in your menial, daily tasks or help around your home instance while he trusts you can protect them. You also find out he can’t explain the grawl following you, he just accepted it.

After some shenanigans, Gaheron loyalists attack the cult, kidnapping some members including children to sacrifice. Being a nice person, you’re obligated to stop this. A sound thrashing to the Flame Legion proper later, one Shaman has stolen away one of the cultists during the fight and plans to sacrifice the child.

Things become truly screwy though as this short story ends with the child pleading for you to protect them and fending off his would-be murderer with a divine magical expulsion, and the revelation that ALL of the Grawl who now worship you all had the same vision.

Each member of DE will offer their own explanation which they acknowledge falls short of satisfactory. (Though maybe Logan does joke about petitioning Jennah to start opening shrines dedicated to you) The question remains if maybe the cultist cub themself has a latent makings of a god, if it was a psychosomatic magical effect, or maybe, just maybe, you’re becoming more than anyone ever imagined?

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Wizard’s Tower.

/thread

This was an interesting take on what it could be about.

It would be nice if it was something like this. It links gw1 to gw2 and perhaps could have a multi tier linear progression dungeon where you work your way up the tower to fight the necromancer. I hope to see more than just one villain, instead we should have multiple personalities to focus on (a henchman, a torturer, a group of creatures that hunt the countryside at night to find more hosts for the necromancers creations). We could even have a darker force leading the necromancer and this darker unknown force could connect other stories together, but minor hints of its existence should be presented early in the story.

just no more stupid characters like silly old scarlet.

in Living World

Posted by: ZoiN.4280

ZoiN.4280

The best story i’ve experienced from anet is, and might very well not change at all, be the prophecies campaign from GW1.

That was a really long and otherwise engaging campaign, even though it was running on rail – both had mystery, and pretty decent dialouge, while you actually felt part of story. Atleast I did heh.

Muat admit that I havent felt part of the story or have had any of the feelings from what I had back then when I played GW1

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I think Scarlet was last minet filler to get the festivals set up I expect much more from the second arc honestly.

in Living World

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

All i want is something that makes me feel anything. Since scarlet to me is something gray and bland. To me scarlet is like a random blank faced middle aged woman i pass by on the streets. I dont feel anything when i see her.

It can be scary, epic, sad, cute or whatever… as long as its something.

Unexpected and smart twists within the story itself would be great aswell. Preferably something like bioshock infinite. Where players are lead to believe A and it turns out to be something totally different. Would this set the bar to high for Anet?

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I’m less concerned about what the next story is as I am about how they go about telling it. Ideally I’d like a paid expansion, but if we get more Living Story I’d like to see a few things.

I want a story that:

• Utilises existing plots and lore in Tyria. The power vacuum in the Flame Legion and the potential successors – how that impacts on the charr, Faolain and the Nightmare Court – what’s happening with Malyck?, the treaty between the humans and the charr, Caudecus and his allies VS the Queen, the Wizard’s Tower etc. Even without touching on old lore, GW2 has a lot of conflicts around the world for heroes to get involved in.
  • It has protagonists that make sense in the story instead of steal focus away from it. Rox and Braham were most interesting during Flame and Frost when they were directly linked to the story (they helped expand it from an ally perspective and give faces to the armies and victims of the conflict), Marjory and Kasmeer were a lot more interesting when I thought we might be tracking down the people behind Wendel’s murder or looking into Kasmeer’s father instead of just being present and saying cute/funny things or for exposition. The core henchmen from GW1 (Devona’s group) worked well because they were almost never the focus of the story (when Mhenlo was, it made sense, he was our link to Cantha), Koss and the other heroes (or Zei Ri from Winds of Change) were much better characters for telling the story of Nightfall because they were a part of the story. The Living Story cast don’t make the story better, they distract from it. It’d be like walking around Elona and never talking to Dunkoro or Tahlkora and instead hearing Cynn and Eve – they might be entertaining but they aren’t a prominent member of Istan or a princess from Vabbi.
  • Focuses on the events and factions instead of a hidden big picture. The factions of Tyria matter, most of Scarlet’s story made it feel like they didn’t matter, like events would fall into place simply because Scarlet needed another piece of tech for her end game machine. If your going to include the centaurs, really include them. Their actions in the world should show them advancing their existing interests, they should have named characters that give a face to their new identity and sudden relevance. If humanity is going to showcase their Watchwork golem army, show us how they were built to explain how they appeared overnight, who was the creative mind behind their creation? Where did the Aetherblades come from and why haven’t we heard of them before? It would have been cool to see flyers around Lion’s Arch or rumours of someone offering big rewards to pirates to join them and maybe some DEs or open world changes in heavy pirate areas of Tyria to explain the sudden influx of Aetherblades in Scarlet’s army (maybe even have an ally NPC who joins them after an unfortunate series of events that we participate in). I don’t think the Molten Alliance was believable, the Toxic Alliance didn’t seem to be focused on accomplishing much (nor did the Nightmare Court have much of reason to be involved, the krait motive was too convenient). I think the factions of Tyria were the most underwritten characters over this last year and the story suffered because of this. I’d like to see the next chapter do this better.
  • That isn’t bound by the chains of the Personal Story pardox issue. We’re well into the second year of the game. It’s time to move forward imo. Maybe part of the reason why the alliances were unable to be threatening is because they can’t truly change the world or impact on existing plot points. This is too much of a hindrance.

I don’t need a villain or a core cast of characters to keep coming back each month. If every four weeks they tell stand alone stories with new or returning protagonist characters relevant to the story and give proper prominence and development to the villains of the story, that’s more than enough for me. I don’t need a year long master plan – it becomes confusing when so much is temporary and you can’t check back on it, it excludes people who miss out on past content and world spanning events need to be linked under a single purpose which weakens the story.

If nothing else, I think we can all agree no story would be better than Trahearne returning as the primary protagonist.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I have the perfect idea. completely drop Living Story!
And finally start making expansions already.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors