Is the Crystal Egg actually holding Glint?

in Living World

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

I hope this is the case. It would make sense that Glint, a dragon capable of compiling prophecies, would have been able foretell what was going to happen in the battle versus Kralkk.

What if she had a backup plan to be re-born sort of like how a Phoenix would rise from it’s ashes, perhaps Glint can resurrect from her crystals.

It is assumed that the egg was given to the master of peace shortly after Glint’s death, so perhaps she had a plan all along.

I hope so. I was rather fond of Glint. I will be fine if it turns out to just be an offspring of Glint, but if it was actually Glint resurrected, that would be awesome.

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I hope this is the case. It would make sense that Glint, a dragon capable of compiling prophecies, would have been able foretell what was going to happen in the battle versus Kralkk.

Compiling prophecies does not make you an individual who can see the future. Glint most likely knew what she knew, because she had lived a very long time. Currently I don’t think we have any evidence of Glint actually looking into the future. That doesn’t make it impossible, but I would not want to jump to that conclusion too fast.

What if she had a backup plan to be re-born sort of like how a Phoenix would rise from it’s ashes, perhaps Glint can resurrect from her crystals.

We don’t know if this is possible, but we can’t rule it out either.

It is assumed that the egg was given to the master of peace shortly after Glint’s death, so perhaps she had a plan all along.

We don’t have any indication on a time frame. The Brotherhood of the Dragon could have watched over her eggs for years after her death, until finally giving custody of this one egg to the Master of Peace. The mere fact this egg seems to be the only remaining of Glint’s eggs, suggests that perhaps a lot has happened in between Glint’s death, and this event.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

Well it was certainly after her death, the egg was given up because Glint could no longer protect it herself, remember what happened when we tried to take one of Glint’s eggs in the first game? XD She would have no part of that happening! lol

I suppose you could say she is a dragon predictor then, who happens to be pretty spot on as far as we know. If she can foresee something happening, she must’ve had a plan in case things went awry.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Actually… I think it’s very possible.

In Glint’s lair we see memories recorded in the crystals. It’s a safe bet that the egg and the dragon within it are crystalline. Glint was telepathic, and I’m sure she could record her memories into a crystal if she so chose to do so.

The egg may not hatch into Glint, but it’s very likely that she’s deposited a lot of her knowledge into it. When it hatches, it will have access to all that information and knowledge. The problem is, it will have access to ALL of it. I don’t think Glint’s brain came with an index file, so finding the information it/we need on demand is going to be the challenge.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

There’s no evidence so far that it doesn’t…..and if there is it’s just baseless speculation. U could very well state iluminati is inside that egg and when it hatches what will come out of it is death on a unicorn that spits out double rainbows out it’s ahole while singing oprah.

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I would ragequit if they actually rolled with writing this terrible.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Just to be clear, which of these ideas would be terrible to you?

It’s Glint?
It has Glint’s knowledge?
That rainbow, unicorn thing?
Or the egg being special in any way?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I still hope for the unicorn.

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

We don’t have any indication on a time frame. The Brotherhood of the Dragon could have watched over her eggs for years after her death, until finally giving custody of this one egg to the Master of Peace. The mere fact this egg seems to be the only remaining of Glint’s eggs, suggests that perhaps a lot has happened in between Glint’s death, and this event.

We know that the Zepherytes took over the duties of the Brotherhood of the Dragon after the dwarves went through the Rite of the Great Dwarf and turned to stone to fight Primordus. We also know that Glint fought with Destiny’s Edge against Kralkatorric not too long ago from the current in game year. We also know that the dwarves did the Rite of the Great Dwarf 250+ years ago from current game year. With that said, if anyone was taking care of Glint’s eggs it wouldn’t be the Brotherhood of the Dwarves but the Zepherytes.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Actually… I think it’s very possible.

In Glint’s lair we see memories recorded in the crystals. It’s a safe bet that the egg and the dragon within it are crystalline. Glint was telepathic, and I’m sure she could record her memories into a crystal if she so chose to do so.

The egg may not hatch into Glint, but it’s very likely that she’s deposited a lot of her knowledge into it. When it hatches, it will have access to all that information and knowledge. The problem is, it will have access to ALL of it. I don’t think Glint’s brain came with an index file, so finding the information it/we need on demand is going to be the challenge.

The knowledge of the Forgotten is of utmost importance to defeating the Elder Dragons. I also sense the knowledge from Glint is present in her spawn. I expect that if it hatches, there will be a HUGE Elder Dragon race to eliminate it.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

cough

As the Mad Queen said, at the moment we don’t have any convincing evidence either way. E5 did seem like it was pointing towards it being an egg rather than a soulstone or the like, but an egg could still be containing Glint’s essence rather than a genuinely new creature. We’ll probably find out either way in subsequent episodes.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Just to be clear, which of these ideas would be terrible to you?

It’s Glint?
It has Glint’s knowledge?
That rainbow, unicorn thing?
Or the egg being special in any way?

That it’s Glint. She’s dead, let her be.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

I don’t think the egg contains Glint with any more propability than any other egg contains its parent. It is however possible that glint MIGHT have stored some knowledge into the child.

in Living World

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

There’s no evidence so far that it doesn’t…..and if there is it’s just baseless speculation. U could very well state iluminati is inside that egg and when it hatches what will come out of it is death on a unicorn that spits out double rainbows out it’s ahole while singing oprah.

Sounds like that poor unicorn had an unfortunate accident with The Bifrost. I’d be willing to dislodge it so long as I get to keep it, a dirty job yes, but worth it “in the end” I think. Huehuehue.

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

humm there was a baby glint on EOTN on a icy / crystal cave where players had to deffend it from destroyers.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Living World

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

Was Glint parthenogenetic or did she have a mate? If the former, then Gleam and the egg would be clones of Glint.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

in Living World

Posted by: Nightbringer Tenchi.5794

Nightbringer Tenchi.5794

The story has more then one direction it can go and based on these guesses.

Possibility 1: Glints Egg recovered
*Give chase and catch “Caithe”
*Find out who planned the egg heist
*Retaliate
the reasoning for this is the contingency that “Caithe” is either not Caithe(possibly a disguised bandit) or has fallen to nightmare so to speak. also from exploring through map break out there is a HUGE amount of space underneath the silverwastes, a lot of connecting tunnels. and we already know the bandits have a base we can’t access yet, so that looks like a next stop to me.

Possibility 2: Egg Lost.
*"Caithe" or “not Caithe” again.
*silverwastes bandits again.
*more connecting tunnels from bandit camp.
Obvious possibility for more LS episodes and twists in the story, we still don’t know the significance of Glint’s egg as Destony’s edge only needed Glints help with Kralkat because they needed to get the brain yolk on him, now with the advent of the huge anti dragon blimps, Glint’s wings are not needed anymore. we just know so little about this Egg that its annoying.

Possibility 3: “Caithe” IS Caithe after all!
This one is a little out there but consider this.
*I’ve seen talk of “Caithe” killing the master of aspects but thats not somthing i have witnessed, in the game she moves AFTER he already dies to his wounds and in the trailer for Seeds of Truth she takes the egg while hes still alive.
*she has had first hand dealing with Glint, and she may hold either sentimental attachment to any of her surviving eggs. i mean at the end of Edge of Destiny she is combing the crystal desert for the dragon blood gems from the yolk snaff made. kinda shows something that’s not so skin deep.
*Being the smart cookie that she is, she may know something more about this then we do right now. there is no end to the amount of stuff Arenanet devs hint and tease us with.
like i said, its a bit of a stretch, but its still entirely possible.

that being said, I’m leaning more on “Caithe” not really being Caithe as we do have scenes in the trailer of an Inquest base torturing sylvari, maybe some brainwashing is taking place.