Make the episode trailers accessible ingame?

in Living World

Posted by: Waikd.4632

Waikd.4632

The Entanglement trailer as well as the Gates of Maguuma trailer have both advanced the story in a significant way (i.e. the crashing of the airships, and the attack on the town of Prosperity). When I first played through the entanglement story, the off-screen development of the story confused me a great deal, simply because I had not watched the trailer.

I think that making the trailer for the living story episode available ingame could help alleviate this confusion that I (and perhaps other more casual GW2 players) have experienced. If there was a link in the story journal that would prompt the trailer ingame, this could even serve as an appetizer that might make players more likely to buy the episode.

in Living World

Posted by: xoz.2481

xoz.2481

this could even serve as an appetizer that might make players more likely to buy the episode.

What do you mean by that?

in Living World

Posted by: Waikd.4632

Waikd.4632

this could even serve as an appetizer that might make players more likely to buy the episode.

After the initial 2 weeks, I presume a screen will show up with ‘Buy here for 200 gems’, that screen could feature the trailer. In a way it would market the living story episode.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Or maybe a link, at least, to the trailer on the Official News Blog or Releases Page. Releases Page might be best…

I know they can do links because the wiki can be accessed from in-game.

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

It would be enough if they actually implemented the szenes from the trailer into the game.

Right now almost none of the szenes shown in the trailer were shown ingame.
All we got were the location and nothing else…

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

After the initial 2 weeks, I presume a screen will show up with ‘Buy here for 200 gems’, that screen could feature the trailer. In a way it would market the living story episode.

I like that idea. ANet already has the ability to embed HTML in-game (see the gem store) so they could theoretically simply embed the youtube video.

in Living World

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It’ll be nice if the story journal had some buttons here and there to play these cinematics. Or if there were permanent record keepers to talk to and replay them.

You know, like the previous replay NPCs, but not leaving when the next release is gone.

The best place for the cinematic of the explosions would be the first Zephirite you see in Dry Top. You talk to them, ask about what happened, and they play the video for you.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!