No Soup For Solo

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Where is the solo content for this release? I logged in, checked the achievement panel and there are no Living Story achievements except for the 5 man SAB. I don’t run group dungeons. What am I to do?

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

SAB is soloable. World 2 might be a pain by yourself if you’re not good with jumping, though.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

SAB is soloable. World 2 might be a pain by yourself if you’re not good with jumping, though.

I’m great at jumping but I can’t go in SAB. Whether it’s soloable or not is meaningless. As long as it states ‘suggested: 5 players’, it’s group content. I don’t group.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Hyphae.7285

Hyphae.7285

You can do it solo and sometimes it is easier than group.Btw,while u can find a pt in 1 min why you dont want really?

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

You can do it solo and sometimes it is easier than group.Btw,while u can find a pt in 1 min why you dont want really?

I don’t understand your question. What is a pt?

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The suggested 5 man group prompt is just the standard dungeon warning. Its there because its apparently hard-coded for instanced dungeons to have it or something, not because it actually applies to SAB in particular.

SAB is not intended as group content. Its solo content that you can group up for if you so choose.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I’m great at jumping but I can’t go in SAB. Whether it’s soloable or not is meaningless. As long as it states ‘suggested: 5 players’, it’s group content. I don’t group.

This makes no sense at all. Scarlet’s Playhouse also stated “suggested: 5 players”, but you could easily go in alone and solo it all. Just click the button to enter SAB and see for yourself. You don’t need a group, it is not group content. It is solo content that can be played with friends if you want to.
You know, like you can take other people with you to the PS instances.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

This makes no sense at all. Scarlet’s Playhouse also stated “suggested: 5 players”, but you could easily go in alone and solo it all. Just click the button to enter SAB and see for yourself. You don’t need a group, it is not group content. It is solo content that can be played with friends if you want to.
You know, like you can take other people with you to the PS instances.

I didn’t run the Playhouse either because of ‘suggested: 5 players’. And I don’t know that I can take others into the personal story instances because I don’t group.

I won’t go into the SAB because it tells me to bring 4 other players. If it didn’t tell me to bring 4 other players, I would try to run it.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Electro.4173

If you’re going to get hung up on the technicality of the suggested group prompt (not even required, just suggested) despite multiple people and one of the developers of the thing itself telling you it doesn’t require a group, then I don’t really know what to say. I guess you’re needlessly missing out.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

If you’re going to get hung up on the technicality of the suggested group prompt (not even required, just suggested) despite multiple people and one of the developers of the thing itself telling you it doesn’t require a group, then I don’t really know what to say. I guess you’re needlessly missing out.

I just want to know where the solo content is located for this release. It’s not in SAB because it suggests 5 players.

So, as far as I can tell, this release is meant for groups only and solo players are out of luck.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Gabby.3205

Just a minute. Is this a troll thread? It looks like a troll thread.

Again, SAB is meant both for solo players and groups. Believe us. We are telling the truth. The suggestion is just a suggestion, nothing else. A group is not needed. You can go solo. You already missed a cool instance (the Playhouse) and you are going to miss the SAB too if you refuse to listen to the other players.

Tarnished Coast

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

Just a minute. Is this a troll thread? It looks like a troll thread.

Again, SAB is meant both for solo players and groups. Believe us. We are telling the truth. The suggestion is just a suggestion, nothing else. A group is not needed. You can go solo. You already missed a cool instance (the Playhouse) and you are going to miss the SAB too if you refuse to listen to the other players.

No, it’s not a troll thread. I missed SAB the first time because of ‘suggested: 5 players’. I missed Molten Facility because of ‘suggested: 5 players’. I missed playhouse because of ‘suggested: 5 players’. I am going to miss SAB again because of ‘suggested: 5 players’.

I don’t do group dungeons. I don’t join guilds. I don’t join organized parties. I am a solo player and there is no solo content in this LS release. You can say it’s soloable all you want but virtually every 5 man dungeon is soloable if you want to bang your head against the wall for hours on end. I want to know why there is no content for solo players in this LS release.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

Then don’t play, just quit man. Take your money and plonk it on a good old copy of Skyrim on Steam.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Electro.4173

Molten Facility and most of the normal dungeons are only soloable via a very select few, if at all. They are designed specifically for groups.

That’s not the type of “soloable” that SAB (or the Playhouse) is. SAB is soloable under normal circumstances. There’s no “banging your head against the wall” involved, the difficulty to solo isn’t crazy high and reserved only for the absolute elite few. Soloing SAB is, for the most part, barely more difficult than doing it in a group. There are a few benefits to doing it grouped, but its intended to be 100% doable solo with the group just adding a few perks.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Obvious troll is obvious.

One – Piken Square

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

It’s not trolling. For crying out loud this release directs everyone into a 5 man dungeon. All of the achievements take place inside that 5 man dungeon. I don’t do 5 man dungeons. Where is the solo content in this release? Oh right, there isn’t any solo content in this release. So players like myself may as well not even log on for the next month.

I’m angry and I’m expressing my honest opinion. Since when did that become ‘trolling’?

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

It’s not trolling. For crying out loud this release directs everyone into a 5 man dungeon. All of the achievements take place inside that 5 man dungeon. I don’t do 5 man dungeons. Where is the solo content in this release? Oh right, there isn’t any solo content in this release. So players like myself may as well not even log on for the next month.

I’m angry and I’m expressing my honest opinion. Since when did that become ‘trolling’?

Since the moment you were told SAB is totally soloable, as was the playhouse. Neither of them require any special builds or skills and the playhouse actually got harder and slower to clear in a group, most cases.

The fact you choose to ignore these advice tells me you’re trolling.

If you want to express your concerns of Arenanet flagging solo content as group content, there’s a whole different way of doing that than whining that there is no solo content, when there is.

One – Piken Square

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

Since the moment you were told SAB is totally soloable, as was the playhouse. Neither of them require any special builds or skills and the playhouse actually got harder and slower to clear in a group, most cases.

The fact you choose to ignore these advice tells me you’re trolling.

If you want to express your concerns of Arenanet flagging solo content as group content, there’s a whole different way of doing that than whining that there is no solo content, when there is.

Many people can solo most of the 5 man dungeons. I’ve already stated that I do not run 5 man dungeons. I don’t understand your point.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

SAB and the Playhouse are not comparable to the 5-man dungeons in difficulty. Not by a long shot. SAB and Playhouse are designed to be soloed, but allow you to bring a full party if you want to.

If you still don’t believe me, do this. Go into SAB and play it solo. After a while, go into a 5-man dungeon and try to solo it. I guarantee you will see the difference then.

One – Piken Square

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

SAB is easily soloable. So was the playhouse.

/thread

PS: Don’t feed Elbegast

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Well, I too don’t group but I did do the first on baby and got some stuff. It’s just boring the whole thing. It was cute the first time but it takes a long time about an hour or more to get 250 baubles. Get a shovel you can find easy baubles that way. And once you learn a spot it seems to regenerate there often, not always but often. I can do up to the toad and that was as far as I got by myself but I could not carry any more baubles by then any way and had to start over any way. And if your going alone don’t bother with continue coins, just start over if you die.

So it’s really just a bauble farm. If you must have something you just have to dog it till you get enough baubles. At least you can turn them into bauble baubles and they take up less space in storage. Some if the stuff is on the TP but can get pricy.

I wish they would have skipped this whole mess and just left Scarlet Invasions going every hour.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

Oblivious player is oblivious.

I just ran world 1 today to get the 500 baubles for the world 2 shop (since I was broke the first time I got there). Spent an extra hour exploring, since I didn’t get the completionist achievements in April. Exploring is best done solo anyways.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Many people can solo most of the 5 man dungeons. I’ve already stated that I do not run 5 man dungeons. I don’t understand your point.

SAB is not a five man dungeon. It’s not a dungeon. There are no elites, no big boss fights, nothing like that it’s just a simple platformer that completely replaces the skill, health and other mechanics for the game. There is absolutely no reason why you need more players, in fact I’d imagine they’d be an annoyance rather than a help.

SAB seems to use GW2 dungeon technology but is not itself a 5-man dungeon, I suspect that the ‘suggested: 5 players’ tag is simply a hold over from that. Regardless if you choose to skip the content because of that without even trying it then that’s fine.

However, it takes pedantry to a whole new level. It’s like refusing to walk out an “exit” because it was mistakenly marked as an “entrance” or use an obviously working elevator because it was marked as “out of order”.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

There is an entire game world still out there…

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

LOL stop being such a cry baby, OP. It suggests 5 players, we all know you don’t need 5 players, you boycotting it only affects you so no need to whine on the forums.

| Lithia |

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

LOL stop being such a cry baby, OP. It suggests 5 players, we all know you don’t need 5 players, you boycotting it only affects you so no need to whine on the forums.

We don’t ‘all know’ that you don’t need 5 players. Can you solo Cliffside Fractal? Can you solo Arah? Can you solo Swampland Fractal? There are a lot of dungeons that can be soloed if you have enough patience and if don’t mind the keyboard imprints on your forehead. Saying a 5 man dungeon can be soloed means nothing as it is still group content. I just want to know why there isn’t any solo content in this release. Is it too much to ask for a little solo content in an mmorpg?

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

World 1 is actually easier solo since opening the chests requires less keys =)

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

The level of your ignorance is beyond belief. Or to use a common meme: It’s over nine-thousand!!!

You can not compare SAB or the playhouse to the other dungeons. The other dungeons are designed for groups. Sure, some players can solo some of them, but that’s indeed very hard to do. However, SAB and the playhouse both are designed to be beaten SOLO with the option to take your friends with you. It’s not any harder solo than it is with a group. So there actually IS solo content in this release. You’re just to ignorant and stubborn to play it, that’s all.

That being said, if you’re so against grouping up with other players, I wonder why you play a multiplayer game xD. Of course the game is also nice solo, but yeah. You’ve got no right to complain about not enough solo-content being available. Especially not, when there actually IS solo-content.

Whatever. Why am I even posting. You’ll once more ignore everything and continue to claim there’s no solo-content in this release. Typical troll.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

We don’t ‘all know’ that you don’t need 5 players. Can you solo Cliffside Fractal? Can you solo Arah? Can you solo Swampland Fractal? There are a lot of dungeons that can be soloed if you have enough patience and if don’t mind the keyboard imprints on your forehead. Saying a 5 man dungeon can be soloed means nothing as it is still group content. I just want to know why there isn’t any solo content in this release. Is it too much to ask for a little solo content in an mmorpg?

This thread is about SAB though? Unless they weren’t around for it in April, 99% of people know it is soloable. You’re argument isn’t that you don’t know it’s soloable, you’re refusing to play content because of a silly message, which is silly. You KNOW fractals isn’t soloable, you know other dungeons aren’t soloable (with the exception of a few players who can solo dungeons such as Arah paths). I agree the message on SAB should just say ‘1-5 players’, but your attitude stinks.

| Lithia |

(edited by sazberryftw.3809)

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

This thread is about SAB though? Unless they weren’t around for it in April, 99% of people know it is soloable. You’re argument isn’t that you don’t know it’s soloable, you’re refusing to play content because of a silly message, which is silly. You KNOW fractals isn’t soloable, you know other dungeons aren’t soloable (with the exception of a few players who can solo dungeons such as Arah paths). I agree the message on SAB should just say ‘1-5 players’, but your attitude stinks.

I was here in April and I didn’t run SAB then, either, due to it being a 5 man dungeon. If they change it from a 5 man dungeon to a solo instance, I will run it. As long as it’s a 5 man, I will not step foot inside.

So, It looks like everyone is telling me that unless I want to attempt to solo a 5 man dungeon, I am out of luck for solo content this release.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: VKP Butcher.2751

VKP Butcher.2751

However, it takes pedantry to a whole new level. It’s like refusing to walk out an “exit” because it was mistakenly marked as an “entrance” or use an obviously working elevator because it was marked as “out of order”.

This pretty much sums up the OP, unfreakingbelievable…

I gave my limbs to the gods, perhaps I’ll add yours to the offering!
Killian Darkwood(Rng), Kaalia Darkheart(Guard), Avacyn Darkmind(Mes):Maguuma

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

Lol I can’t believe this thread is still going. Look OP, is it going to kill you to at least attempt SAB World 1 Zone 1 on infantile mode? It takes less than a minute to get to the boss, and he dies even faster. That doesn’t sound like super difficult group content now does it…

But you seem too stubborn to be convinced otherwise. So to answer your original question: not counting ascended weapons/crafting to 500, there are no other solo content for this patch.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Moersel.1320

Moersel.1320

Am I the only one who thinks it’s stupid to play an Online MULTIPLAYER game and absolutely refuse to play with other people?
I like to do things on my own, too. But refusing to play content, just because it requires you to come off your high horse… sorry… because it suggests to you to come off your high horse and play with some of the people around you, is just plain stupid.
Maybe you’re better off playing Super Mario Bros. Oh darn… “Bros” must mean, that there are at least two of them, so this is another game you will never even look at.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

Am I the only one who thinks it’s stupid to play an Online MULTIPLAYER game and absolutely refuse to play with other people?
I like to do things on my own, too. But refusing to play content, just because it requires you to come off your high horse… sorry… because it suggests to you to come off your high horse and play with some of the people around you, is just plain stupid.
Maybe you’re better off playing Super Mario Bros. Oh darn… “Bros” must mean, that there are at least two of them, so this is another game you will never even look at.

I’m not opposed to multiplayer content. Not at all. I do multiplayer content all the time. They are called dynamic world events. Shadow Behemoth, Wurm, Kralkatorrik, Tequatl, various champion mobs, etc.

What I am opposed to is forming an organized party to complete content, instanced or otherwise. I’ve had enough of the 5 man dungeons and 25 man raids in WoW. I did that for 7+ years. I came to GW2 because it didn’t require me to beg, grovel and plead with other players to ‘join my group’.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Elbegast, I have to agree with most of the others posting here. It DOES sound like you’re being needlessly pedantic about the Playhouse/SAB. While it does sound like those areas are intended to be group content, they are NOT group content. As someone who solo’ed the Playhouse and SAB, I can assure you that those zones were designed to be completed solo; the “Recommended Group Size: 5” is just a holdover from the dungeon template that the devs built the instances from.

So just ignore what the message box says and go in and try out SAB. Trust me, you do NOT need to group up to complete it.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Good job trolling. Now go back to doing SAB like you have been the past 2 days. ROFL

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

Good job trolling. Now go back to doing SAB like you have been the past 2 days. ROFL

I don’t troll and I’m not amused. Here’s a screenshot as proof.

Attachments:

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Gabby.3205

Just to be clear now…
Which part of “SAB is solo content that you can do with friends if you want to” you did not understand yet?

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Gabby.3205)

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

Just to be clear now…
Which part of “SAB is solo content that you can do if friends if you want to” you did not understand yet?

If it were solo content it wouldn’t prompt ‘suggested: 5 players’.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Gabby.3205

Just to be clear now…
Which part of “SAB is solo content that you can do with friends if you want to” you did not understand yet?

Alright. So your problem is ONLY with the message.
Tell me. If you were trying to eat soup and someone gave you a spoon and told you that it was a knife, but you could clearly see that it was a spoon and not a knife, would you use the spoon or would you refuse to eat with it?

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Gabby.3205)

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

Just to be clear now…
Which part of “SAB is solo content that you can do if friends if you want to” you did not understand yet?

Tell me. If you were trying to eat soup and someone gave you a spoon and told you that it was a knife, but you could clearly see that it was a spoon and not a knife, would you use the spoon or would you refuse to eat with it?

Firstly, I wouldn’t use a spoon that someone else gave me.
Secondly, it doesn’t matter what they say, the spoon is not labeled nor shaped as a knife.

The SAB is shaped and labeled as a 5 man dungeon.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Brow.9425

Well, when you start from a false premise, its unsurprising that your conclusions don’t make sense to other people, that you can’t communicate properly, or that game developers behave contrary to your expectations. It’s like declaring that all odd numbers are prime, and blaming the calculator when it disagrees with you. You can disagree all you want, but you’re still wrong.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Brow.9425

Everybody that’s been inside knows that it’s explicitly not shaped like a 5 man dungeon. You’ve never been inside (alledgedly) and you claim to know how it’s been shaped. That’s delusional.

Troll thread after all.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Gabby.3205

Just to be clear now…

Secondly, it doesn’t matter what they say, the spoon is not labeled nor shaped as a knife.

Oh man. Alright, let’s try with something that someone else said already here.

You want to leave a building. There is one door and it is written “Entrance” on it, not “Exit”. Everybody is telling that you can leave the building by using that door.
Do you refuse to use the door or do you exit the building through it?

Tarnished Coast

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Brow.9425

Better yet, your college roommate, who knows of your OCD, has labelled every door in the building “NO EXIT”. The fire department has to come and rescue you from the building. It makes the local news. You survive, with mild dehydration, only to die the following week when the WALK switched to DONT WALK mid-crossing.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Elbegast.6970

Just to be clear now…

Oh man. Alright, let’s try with something that someone else said already here.

You want to leave a building. There is one door and it is written “Entrance” on it, not “Exit”. Everybody is telling that you can leave the building by using that door.
Do you refuse to use the door or do you exit the building through it?

I always obey entrance/exit signs and I would never step foot on an elevator marked as ‘out of order’.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Xeero.3270

Xeero.3270

This is amazing. He’s winning people! Keep throwing out examples of how ridiculous this thread is, and eventually you will get him.

And remember the truth… There is no spoon. So lift that bowl and drink the kitten soup.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Zorric.5704

Zorric.5704

This. Thank you. Still laughing…

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Hawk.3574

Hawk.3574

Ha, what would you do if someone placed a sign saying do not open on your only exit from a room, and everything was perfectly safe and it just went outside. Would you sit there and wait till the sign was changed or ignore it and leave when you felt like it.

Same thing with this, give it a shot solo even with the recommended players being 5. If you complete it you must be an amazing player to solo something made for 5 players.

No Soup For Solo

in Living World

Posted by: Genti Covarnis.4328

Genti Covarnis.4328

I didn’t go into World 1 as well at first, as it was marked with that 5-player stuff.

The next day after seeing and hearing around a bit I entered it. The thing is, that SAB is shaped and designed as solo instance (which can be played with group, if you want, more for a social aspect), and unclearly marked (marked in a misleading way), that it might seem to be group content. There is not much to add to that.