Please rework Adnul Irongut

in Living World

Posted by: fla.8021

fla.8021

He is cheating us by having:
lots more hp
heals for more
spammable signature move that negates defenses (why can they use signature move more then once per match while we can’t)
requires a lot of luck to interrupt the healing spell several times

So please rework him

in Living World

Posted by: Fatmancantrun.6451

Fatmancantrun.6451

i agree he needs to be 100% redone… he needs atleast a 3 move cooldown on his signature and needs to have less health that or allow us to have 2 signatures, he is impossible to beat… i had heard there was a way with regen food but of course Anet needs to fix things that make dificult fights possible and not fix things that actualy need work like the trading post, yeah i agree make him dificult… not kittening impossible

in Living World

Posted by: deadwood.4691

deadwood.4691

sad thing is how many post is their about this jerk of an npc. ONE thing to make him hard. but to make him hard in a mini game for nothing but a few account points. wow anet do you hate us >< . and i stand by hide my post about him getting hit by a herd of Dolyaks coming out of the bar.

in Living World

Posted by: Cashcate.6579

Cashcate.6579

What are you guys talking about. I`ve got his signature without food buffs and anything. It takes few runs to get it. Check dulfy guide for all signatures.

in Living World

Posted by: Ghanima.6503

Ghanima.6503

agreed. Irongut requires complete dumb luck that Irongut does not spam his ability or constantly drink water (both of which he does nearly every turn). Please fix this one. And I did check Dulfy, and used the “Boast” signature move…all it seems to do is set Irongut into a constant loop of calling Bluffs and Spamming his own signature move.

in Living World

Posted by: Forgotten Deus.1423

Forgotten Deus.1423

No he doesn’t need to be redone, I found him particularly easy, just keep on trying, I got him around my third try.

in Living World

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

No he doesn’t need to be redone, I found him particularly easy, just keep on trying, I got him around my third try.

If he is easy, would you mind posting an unedited, unbroken video showing you beating him three times in a row? This should be no problem if he’s easy.

in Living World

Posted by: Drevlock.7839

Drevlock.7839

Okies… just had him on the ropes. One sip away from going down for both of us.
He took a sip, I took water… I lost.

Something is wrong here. I don’t think it is just his mechanics that is a little dodgie.

in Living World

Forgotten Deus.1423

If he is easy, would you mind posting an unedited, unbroken video showing you beating him three times in a row? This should be no problem if he’s easy.

Why would I waste my time doing that? To prove to some people who probably tried this once then quit that it’s possible? If you expect me to utilize my time like that, then first you upload a video of you trying twenty times against this guy, then I’ll do it. They already made him easier once, do you guys really lack this amount of skill? It’s not entirely luck, use your signature moves to your advantage.

in Living World

Posted by: Shostie.6435

Shostie.6435

Why would I waste my time doing that? To prove to some people who probably tried this once then quit that it’s possible? If you expect me to utilize my time like that, then first you upload a video of you trying twenty times against this guy, then I’ll do it. They already made him easier once, do you guys really lack this amount of skill? It’s not entirely luck, use your signature moves to your advantage.

He’s asking for evidence that Irongut is “easy”. If you are not willing to provide that evidence, it is reasonable to assume that you are lying.

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I second this.

Also, another user brought it to my attention that the values for #1 and #3 are reversed. You are only supposed to lose 10% health from taking a drink, and you are supposed to gain 20% health from drinking water. Instead you lose 20% from drinking and only gain 10% from water.

So not only is Adnul rigged, but the skills themselves are bugged.

(edited by Xenon.4537)

in Living World

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

You made the claim. The burden of proof is on you to prove it.

in Living World

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Adnul Irongut is the worst design possible. I would literally cut someone’s paycheck for this or exlude him from any form of bonus.

He HEALS for TWICE the amount he get damaged for by Juice
He has more health
He spams Critique!
He has unlimited uses of Critique
He can put on Critique at TURN 0 before anything else! Had been damaged by it on turn 1 even though stacks were not visible.
He can Bluff and DRINK during his own Critique too which makes this freaking one sided.

We lose 2k per juice, we heal 1k per water

This is kittened ANet. You could just as well give us freaking lottery coupons because there is absolutely NO SKILL involved.

You earned HUGE minus from me for such sloppy and kittened design.

(edited by Killyox.3950)

in Living World

Posted by: Hawk.7628

Hawk.7628

Been at this for hours.
Even with regen buffs and max heal power this is near impossible.
He rupts almost every time, stops almost every heal, and spams his signature.
Worst design ever.
Now we can wait weeks for a fix, awesome.

in Living World

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

no, cuz he’s gone by the next update (in 10 days?)

He’s not broken at all, you just need some luck and patience. Also those “Rejuvenation boosters” work and they restore quite a lot of health. Good luck trying – I like achievements which are possibly not reachable for everyone :-)

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

in Living World

Posted by: Raizau.3854

Raizau.3854

I’ve never posted on these forums before but this called for a log in, you’re either crazy or trolling if you think it requires skill, it’s pure luck.

Never has there been a more ignorant post, delete pl0x.

in Living World

Forgotten Deus.1423

He’s asking for evidence that Irongut is “easy”. If you are not willing to provide that evidence, it is reasonable to assume that you are lying.

Evidence? It’s an opinion. I defeated him on my third attempt, why would I lie about my own opinion? I’m not going to waste my time, nor do I have a computer capable enough provide decent FPS when recording, when I’m playing regularly I get 30fps If I’m lucky.

I’ve never posted on these forums before but this called for a log in, you’re either crazy or trolling if you think it requires skill, it’s pure luck.

I’m not crazy, nor am I trolling. It took me just as many times against Adnul against Maddie. It requires skill, make use of your signature moves. I took him down when I only had one (Woo). What I did was bluff everytime I could possibly. Then, when he used his signature move, Critique, I used Belch first. Then for the remaining two I drank water and took a sip of the juice. I didn’t use it, but if you’re having so much difficulty, use “For Science!” or Boast. Either will help the health situation. There IS strategy to it.

I like how people beg for something different, something difficult, something that lasts more than a few days, and the instant people get something even slightly difficult, they come to the forums and start crying about it.

in Living World

Posted by: Cazador Interemptor.8509

Cazador Interemptor.8509

Evidence? It’s an opinion. I defeated him on my third attempt, why would I lie about my own opinion? I’m not going to waste my time, nor do I have a computer capable enough provide decent FPS when recording, when I’m playing regularly I get 30fps If I’m lucky.

I’m not crazy, nor am I trolling. It took me just as many times against Adnul against Maddie. It requires skill, make use of your signature moves. I took him down when I only had one (Woo). What I did was bluff everytime I could possibly. Then, when he used his signature move, Critique, I used Belch first. Then for the remaining two I drank water and took a sip of the juice. I didn’t use it, but if you’re having so much difficulty, use “For Science!” or Boast. Either will help the health situation. There IS strategy to it.

I like how people beg for something different, something difficult, something that lasts more than a few days, and the instant people get something even slightly difficult, they come to the forums and start crying about it.

in Living World

Posted by: DERBIN.4136

DERBIN.4136

He is impossible!!!? I oh wait. Yet alot of ppl have won against him. Yeah sure you have to have some luck to do it and yeah he is kinda hard. But it’s far from impossible. Haven’t tried him after the nerf but just keep calm and try again. People have be more patient and not come cry on the forums as soon as they run into something that they cannot beat on the first try.

in Living World

Posted by: Hawk.7628

Hawk.7628

no, cuz he’s gone by the next update (in 10 days?)

He’s not broken at all, you just need some luck and patience. Also those “Rejuvenation boosters” work and they restore quite a lot of health. Good luck trying – I like achievements which are possibly not reachable for everyone :-)

Players can participate in Belcher’s Bluff, a new and permanent omnomberry juice drinking activity where players can seek out masters around the world to learn their signature skills. Players can also challenge other players in a PvP version that can be purchased from bartenders around the world.

“Permanent” it won’t be gone in 10 days which means they’re in no hurry to fix it.

I’ve tried with boosters and the water + belch technique on his signature, this guy needs a rework.

(edited by Hawk.7628)

in Living World

Posted by: snappy.1248

snappy.1248

Eat food and he will lose. I destroyed by eating regen food Also use the boast signature ability to reduce the health you lose when you are forced to drink (use at low health).

in Living World

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I found the Charr to be the most annoying. 60% hp drinks are lame.

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

He’s like the guy that says the Mystic Forge is easy to get precursors because he got his on his 3rd attempt.

You got lucky, bud. Ardnul is 100% luck at a certain point. Whether he wants to use his special ability will make or break you. He uses it randomly with no cooldown. I’ve played him 23 times so far. There is no pattern.

You beat it on your 3rd attempt? Good work, he decided not to use his special as frequently as he is using on others. At a certain point you are down to 1000hp, can’t bluff, you can drink (that’s 1 charge off his special), you can belch (that’s 2 charges), then you are left with the suicide drink.

Saying he is easy is like saying weapon claims tickets drop great.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Living World

Posted by: Javelin.7960

Javelin.7960

I was finally able to beat him after 75+ tries. The rejuvenation booster does help, I was down to double digit HP when he went down, without the booster I would have lost.

Anyone who says this guy is easy is either a troll, or they got very lucky. If he uses his signature 3 times in a row near the end of the match, you’re finished, period.

Pure luck.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Adnul’s difficulty primarily comes from three factors:

1. He has far more health than the other Masters.

2. His Water heals him for TWICE the amount of health lost from a Drink. This is in direct contrast to the player’s version, where Water only heals for half the amount of health lost from a drink.

3. He is scripted to use Belch fairly frequently. Most of the other Masters use Belch infrequently.

The combination of factors 1 and 2 means that Adnul has a much bigger playing window in which for the player to get unlucky/make mistakes, resulting in a player loss. Likewise, the combination of his Signature Move and frequent Belching means that the player cannot fall back on a Bluff streak to buy time as with the other Masters.

If it were up to me, I’d pick two of the following three fixes. Any combination of two should result in Adnul becoming a fairer fight:

1. Reduce his health to that of Maddie’s or Poyaqui’s, resulting in about 10 – 12 drinks for defeat.

2. Fix Adnul’s Water so it properly heals for only half the amount of health lost from a Drink.

3. Script Adnul so he hardly, if ever, drinks Water. (This would be in-character too, for a Norn who prides himself on his drinking constitution and appreciation for the taste of the drink.)

in Living World

Posted by: Euphelis.1084

Euphelis.1084

I know for a fact that this guy has a coding issue, and reads your moves before the round.
FACT: There was a time when I purposely took a drink (juice) instead of belching, and he drank water, when every other time I would belch and he drinks (juice). Begin the “No you were just unlucky all those other rounds, and that 1 round was the only time you could’ve beaten him” posts.
FACT: Several of my guildies were able to beat him without rejuv boosters, and when I try to beat him WITH rejuv booster, he wins…? how does that make sense? try again anet and stop trolling us.
That being said, I was able to beat him after approx. 80 times, and it had nothing to do with me belching his water. When it came down to our last drinks, he had 0%, as did I, and i had a belch and he just drank juice (makes complete sense…? no, no it doesn’t)

in Living World

Posted by: Valts.6703

Valts.6703

So how many times did you guys try this?
He is hard to beat for sure, but it isn’t impossible.
Took me around 20 tries.

in Living World

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

I know for a fact that this guy has a coding issue, and reads your moves before the round.
FACT: There was a time when I purposely took a drink (juice) instead of belching, and he drank water, when every other time I would belch and he drinks (juice). Begin the “No you were just unlucky all those other rounds, and that 1 round was the only time you could’ve beaten him” posts.
FACT: Several of my guildies were able to beat him without rejuv boosters, and when I try to beat him WITH rejuv booster, he wins…? how does that make sense? try again anet and stop trolling us.
That being said, I was able to beat him after approx. 80 times, and it had nothing to do with me belching his water. When it came down to our last drinks, he had 0%, as did I, and i had a belch and he just drank juice (makes complete sense…? no, no it doesn’t)

I’ve also noticed that he cuts off my strategies. If I decide that his belch is timed with my water so i wait a turn before drinking, only then does he use belch. He’s definitely reading your moves.

For anyone else having trouble, I was finally able to beat him after a few stubborn hours.

Keep your HP up as much as possible.
Each time you start, he has a different strategy/pattern. If it’s not looking good, forfeit and try for another one. The one where he belches first was good for me so that I could predict them better.
Belch first, then drink water during his forced drinking. Bluff always, and drink water when you can.
The rest is luck.

in Living World

Posted by: ShroomOneUp.6913

ShroomOneUp.6913

i have actually the suspiction anet wont fix the messed up dmg heal procentage until the living story is over and its impossible to gain the living story achviment.
and if they do that i call bullkitten. very loudly-.-

in Living World

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

I’m sorry to say, but that ain’t fact. it took about 10 tries, but i figured out that there is some strategy for when he uses his moves and drinks. Note the word some as I’m not going to say he’s easy or l2p, i still havent beaten him, the one time i got close, he belched my water when i thought he was gonna drink and make me win, and i didn’t have a belch on me at that time so it wasn’t like i could have made a draw or whatever.

It seemed that at the beginning, unless you’re unlucky, he would take 3 drinks and then either take water or belch. He apparently gets a belch ever 3 drinks as i’ve never had him belch me more often than that. Either on the round your water refreshes or the one right after, he’ll belch. However he’ll drink water as a priority. His water usually refreshes around every 3 rounds, though i’ve had him water, juice, water before.

What is fact is that he somewhat does know what you’re going to do next. Attempted this trick three times and it worked twice (doesn’t say much, but whatever). At one point, while still at a high enough health to drink and not lose, i selected bluff, then i selected drink before the round timer ended, and he belched it. Same thing later when i clicked water and then clicked drink, he belched as if i was going to take water. Also, the majority of times he won’t use his signature move until he’s lost atleast 40% of his health.

However, almost every time his signature move has screwed me over. 3 rounds no bluffs, the very next bluff he belches, water, if i’m lucky i have a blech at this point, otherwise it’s almost 6 straight drinks without bluffs and he’d block my water too.

So while there is some truth to being able to use some sort of strategy, that still relies on him not being so screwy with his signature move and not breaking rules that you can’t break (such as having water refresh in fewer than 3 rounds). Essentially he needs to be reworked.

in Living World

Posted by: Gburzak.7035

Gburzak.7035

Whoever coded this cheating piece of f*** risks ending up in the coder’s hell, wherever that is. Seriously, does anyone think he is fun? I had more fun hitting my head against the wall.

in Living World

Euphelis.1084

I’m sorry to say, but that ain’t fact. it took about 10 tries, but i figured out that there is some strategy for when he uses his moves and drinks. Note the word some as I’m not going to say he’s easy or l2p, i still havent beaten him, the one time i got close, he belched my water when i thought he was gonna drink and make me win, and i didn’t have a belch on me at that time so it wasn’t like i could have made a draw or whatever.

Then explain how rejuv boosters have little to no bearing on the outcome? during the course of the match, you can easily gain over half your health back from the booster alone, seemingly making the match a cakewalk. However, you will still lose just as many times as without the booster, and when you do eventually win, it will come down to your final drink. Now, I’m not talking about the food buff (mango pie) exploit that has since been removed, there was something different about that which Anet obviously saw, and therefore removed. But if rejuv boosters do the same thing that mango pies did, why are they still allowed in the match? BECAUSE HE’S READING YOUR MOVES AND IS ONLY BEATABLE AT CERTAIN TIMES, the criteria of which I do not fully understand.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Read the guide. He is annoying difficult, but he isn’t impossible. And yes, it does come down to pure luck sometimes. It took me about 45mins to an hour of cursing and slamming my mouse down in anger to finally win, but I was finally happy to win.

No real reason to post rants on the forums about this stuff…

in Living World

castlemanic.3198

Then explain how rejuv boosters have little to no bearing on the outcome? during the course of the match, you can easily gain over half your health back from the booster alone, seemingly making the match a cakewalk. However, you will still lose just as many times as without the booster, and when you do eventually win, it will come down to your final drink. Now, I’m not talking about the food buff (mango pie) exploit that has since been removed, there was something different about that which Anet obviously saw, and therefore removed. But if rejuv boosters do the same thing that mango pies did, why are they still allowed in the match? BECAUSE HE’S READING YOUR MOVES AND IS ONLY BEATABLE AT CERTAIN TIMES, the criteria of which I do not fully understand.

What is fact is that he somewhat does know what you’re going to do next. Attempted this trick three times and it worked twice (doesn’t say much, but whatever). At one point, while still at a high enough health to drink and not lose, i selected bluff, then i selected drink before the round timer ended, and he belched it. Same thing later when i clicked water and then clicked drink, he belched as if i was going to take water.

However, almost every time his signature move has screwed me over. 3 rounds no bluffs, the very next bluff he belches, water, if i’m lucky i have a blech at this point, otherwise it’s almost 6 straight drinks without bluffs and he’d block my water too.

So while there is some truth to being able to use some sort of strategy, that still relies on him not being so screwy with his signature move and not breaking rules that you can’t break (such as having water refresh in fewer than 3 rounds). Essentially he needs to be reworked.

If you read my entire post, you would have caught that little tidbit.

in Living World

Euphelis.1084

I read your entire post, thanks. No where do you even remotely explain this phenomenon. I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree, as you don’t seem ready to accept another PoV.

Let’s consider for a moment our strategy. For the sake of time, I’m going to copy and paste from this guide (http://guildwars2.mmmos.com/?page=view&id=14970&title=strategy-for-adnul-irongut)

Bluff when you can. Don’t be afraid to be caught, just keep bluffing unless he uses his signature. The reason is simple: during his signature you in fact have only 3 options, you want 2 of the harmless options available to you during this period. Even if you are sure he will heal next turn, don’t be tempted to belch, because if he doesn’t you are in big trouble. You can still heal back if you are caught in bluffing. If you are caught in healing too many times, or if you have used your Boast and he is still at 3/4 hp, just forfeit and retry. Eventually you will out last him.

This user beat him using this strategy (after “~40 times”), so one can assume it is a winning strategy. It’s a fairly common strategy involving never actually taking a drink unless it is forced upon you. I used this same strategy to beat him with and without rejuv boosters (I actually needed 2 to complete the trial). I played him 100 times in each trial. Results?

1. of wins without rejuv booster: 3 win % = 3%
  2. of wins with rejuv booster: 4 win % = 4%
    Anyone who has taken a statistics class will tell you those numbers are exactly the same. Continue with the trial out to a million games and they will equal each other.

Simple fact of the matter is, Anet saw an exploit with food and removed it; while the exact same effect can be applied with a rejuv booster, and is still allowed in the game. One has to wonder, why is this? Anet apparently believes this is not an exploit, and I would say based on the evidence at hand (that being you will still have the same win-to-loss ratio regardless of rejuv) that I agree with them. So if we accept this theory as fact (how could you not? try it for yourself) the ONLY other logical explanation is that either:
A: He is reading your moves based upon how much HP you have remaining, or;
B: He is using his special more often when you have a rejuv booster applied.

There is no other explanation for this phenomenon. Also several people have stated that he uses water more often than every 3 turns; I have yet to see that happen (doesn’t mean it didn’t.)

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

I beat Adnul in 2 tries after reading the dulfy guide, with no boosts. Learn to play, he isn’t nearly as tough as people give him credit for being.

in Living World

Euphelis.1084

Thanks Sir Morgan Malory. Your input was noted, and promptly rejected based upon the ridiculous manner in which it was presented, and the small sample size which you took.

in Living World

Posted by: moronwmachinegun.3815

moronwmachinegun.3815

I played him 100 times in each trial. Results?

1. of wins without rejuv booster: 3 win % = 3%
  2. of wins with rejuv booster: 4 win % = 4%
    Anyone who has taken a statistics class will tell you those numbers are exactly the same. Continue with the trial out to a million games and they will equal each other.

Actually, 100 trials isn’t enough to prove they are the same. Anyways, assume they are accurate and let’s look at it from the other side. 3 wins out of 100 clearly isn’t skill, that’s luck, unless those wins only came at the very end.

Think of it from this perspective. What is the odds of failing BB? 97%, right? What about failing it 10 times in a row? .97^10 or 74%. What about 100 times? 4.7%. Now think about that. That means that, of all the people who could be bothered to try up to 100 times, 4.7% of them failed. That’s 1 in 20. Any time a single player’s enjoyment is reliant upon such a low % outcome, there are going to be some very unhappy people on the margins.

I’m just happy the only affect is on a minor achievement. On Star Trek Online before they turned it into a grindfest, the top-tier gear was done exactly like this, very low percentage drops for character bound items. In our fleet there was one person who had run missions hundreds of times and never got his final top tier drop. One of my toons got all three of her top tier drops within 5 (yes FIVE) missions. He was a good sport about it, but that’s still gotta hurt.

Editted since Euphelis agrees this is out of line.

Quaggan is not a bad calf. Quaggan is a good little calf.

(edited by moronwmachinegun.3815)

in Living World

castlemanic.3198

I read your entire post, thanks. No where do you even remotely explain this phenomenon. I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree, as you don’t seem ready to accept another PoV.

What?

You clearly didn’t understand what I was saying. I was disagreeing that he reads your moves all the time, but i didn’t say that it never happened nor did i say that the fact he doesn’t read your moves all the time made him any easier. In fact i stated quite clearly that not only does he go screwy with knowing your moves, but that he also relentlessly uses his signature move on top of breaking rules (like drinking water twice in three rounds).

In fact, I was AGREEING with you that he’s broken and needs to be reworked, but i was pointing out that he doesn’t always read your moves. Thats’s it.

in Living World

Posted by: ShroomOneUp.6913

ShroomOneUp.6913

What?

You clearly didn’t understand what I was saying. I was disagreeing that he reads your moves all the time, but i didn’t say that it never happened nor did i say that the fact he doesn’t read your moves all the time made him any easier. In fact i stated quite clearly that not only does he go screwy with knowing your moves, but that he also relentlessly uses his signature move on top of breaking rules (like drinking water twice in three rounds).

In fact, I was AGREEING with you that he’s broken and needs to be reworked, but i was pointing out that he doesn’t always read your moves. Thats’s it.

which probably ionly will happen AFTER the sanctum is gone and the achivments are not achivable anymore. which would only proof anet knew hes broken and left him broken so that the achivment was not a avilable as it should.

also i tried again many runs and i jsut stricly and dead on follow the dulfy guid. and guess what adnul even adjusted to that but in a way thats really cheap.

he now continuesly spammed his signiture move. but the best part is he doesn´t even used the voice sample of the skill anymore. he mostly silent or used his usual “atomsperic” taunts. i ran into two time because i was conentrated on what skill he used ( water and blech counting and all that)

i come to the conclusion: adnul is meant to be broken as a hinderence. i dont know WHAT anet planned that they only need a few peolpe to get this achivment, but beeing such an kitten about it is just inexcusable.

in Living World

Posted by: Shostie.6435

Shostie.6435

I beat Adnul in 2 tries after reading the dulfy guide, with no boosts. Learn to play, he isn’t nearly as tough as people give him credit for being.

When you face him 20 times and beat him 10, then we’ll believe you. Until then, your success can be dismissed as luck.

I did finally win, but only after using a rejuvenation booster. It took me a total of about 20 matches. I don’t think I would have won without the booster.