TA meta no longer obtainable?

in Living World

Posted by: Kestin.2368

Kestin.2368

I haven’t yet gotten the TA living story meta, and now it’s not showing up under Living Story, yet it’s also missing from Historical. Is it still achievable? Or is that yet another mini I’ve missed out on forever? Every other time we had one event for the first half of the month and another for the second, the first was still doable all throughout the second half…please tell me it’s just a UI error and I can still get the achieve?

Lore fanatic, achievement hound, map completionist, PvEer, filthy casual.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is no longer obtainable, and the Historical tab only seems to show Achievements you have actually gotten, not those you have missed.

Another thing to point out is that the Mini is gotten from the Dungeon meta, which is permanent, it was the back-item that was gotten from the LS-meta.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

It wasn’t the mini, it was the slickpack backpiece skin that is unavailable forever. I’m right there with you. I was only available to run it over the weekend which ended in a 5 hour long failure, so I tried to get dailies, and I fell 1 short of completing it because the FREAKIN DAILY KEY MAKER ACHIEVEMENT DIDN’T WORK! I was screwed out by bugging dailies. Made two or three keys before realizing that I had wasted money for nothing.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

As I said in the other post on this, I’m disappointed too. They were meant to tell us when they take things away suddenly – all other LS metas last a month when they start from the early part of a month.

Hoping it is a bug – it’s not in historical either.

At least the content wasn’t removed, but I know that’s not the point

in Living World

Posted by: Gio.8351

Gio.8351

arena randulf is right. the monthy update usually last a month not 15 day! now i cant have the back anymore coz you removed it and i got the key bugged achievement and couldnt get it… can you reply us or help?

in Living World

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

Don’t take anything for granted with Anet. If you want to do something, do it now or this kind of thing happens.
Now from my point of view, just one run of the new path gives you the meta. If you don’t have the meta by the 2 week times, it means you NEVER ran the aetherblade path and hence you don’t deserve the meta.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Don’t take anything for granted with Anet. If you want to do something, do it now or this kind of thing happens.
Now from my point of view, just one run of the new path gives you the meta. If you don’t have the meta by the 2 week times, it means you NEVER ran the aetherblade path and hence you don’t deserve the meta.

Pretty likely to get it in 1 go, as long as you did the post-dungeon stuff, yah.

But not getting it doesn’t nessicarily mean you didn’t even do it at all. It could mean you ran it multiple times but never finished it. I had done it 3 times prior to yesterday but ended up getting stuck on the Clockheart, having a party member leave after a few wipes, then that would get the whole party booted out of the dungeon.

Thankfully I did manage to finally finish it yesterday, got my achievement, all good.

Its still pretty bad that there was no heads-up that the LS achieve was going away, though. Prior to this every single update that happened at the beginning of the month had run for the whole month, so naturally people are going to expect that they have the full month to do it, but now all of a sudden this one only lasts for 2 weeks. Which is fine, 2 weeks is plenty of time for a single dungeon, but its still not cool to just up and remove it with no warning.

in Living World

Randulf.7614

Not entirely true. Our guild ran it a few times, unsuccessfully. We would have run it more, but we figured we had all month as we had no idea it would be otherwise. Also, the daily key collector was bugged at least once and was not completable, so this didn’t help either.

in Living World

Posted by: Diaspro.8529

Diaspro.8529

Oh, I thougt that the TA meta for the backpiece would had been available the wole month So I was taking it slow and doing one dungeon per day… I had 5 achievements to go

Rig: Intel Core i5-2400 -8GB RAM -Nvidia GTX570
EU Servers

in Living World

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

From the release notes of Twilight assault:
‘During this release, a new set of daily achievements challenges players to complete either Twilight Arbor or another dungeon that rotates daily. Completing story mode or any of the explorable mode paths will qualify. These daily achievements contribute toward Twilight Assaulted, the meta-achievement for the release.’
So release is over and the meta achievement is gone, just as they said and promised.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Living World

Posted by: Wanabrutbeer.3281

Wanabrutbeer.3281

Ya they screwed the pooch on Twilight Assault. For one, they did not allow enough time for the average player to complete the thing, plus Sunday night was the key maker daily, and was bugged, then last night they didn’t even bother to have a daily for it. They need to bring this one back for one more week encore and give us time to finish. This was a bonehead move that needs correcting.

EDIT – Keep in mind, this was different from past meta’s in that this one only allowed one tick off per day for completion, and 2 of those days were bugged. Previous ones gave you an avenue to tick most off in one day doing static things, and then you could do 2 or 3 dailies to finish. I strongly suggest they give us another week on this one.

(edited by Wanabrutbeer.3281)

in Living World

Randulf.7614

‘During this release, a new set of daily achievements challenges players to complete either Twilight Arbor or another dungeon that rotates daily. Completing story mode or any of the explorable mode paths will qualify. These daily achievements contribute toward Twilight Assaulted, the meta-achievement for the release.’
So release is over and the meta achievement is gone, just as they said and promised.

Correct, but they didn’t say when it would end. Historically all start of month LS metas carry on until the end of the month. There was no reason to believe otherwise.

in Living World

Posted by: Caspian.2814

Caspian.2814

Correct, but they didn’t say when it would end. Historically all start of month LS metas carry on until the end of the month. There was no reason to believe otherwise.

+1

Not enough information = wrong information = Anet not communicating well with their player base
It’s these little, minor things who can get people over the edge to permanently quit gw2 so in terms of income, they lose a tiny bit.

in Living World

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

How disappointing

in Living World

Posted by: DaG.5103

DaG.5103

My wife and I are also very disappointed. We’ve been moving into a new house and were planning on hitting up the dungeon in the later part of the month. We got a chance to log on today for the new patch only to find that, unlike every living world update over the past year, the meta was already gone.

Please make it still obtainable for the rest of the month like every other living world update! OR, TELL US THAT THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT TIME! I looked through Oct 1 release notes today and saw zero mention of an ending date. Why should we assume it’s going to end in the middle of the month when no other update has done so yet? Very upsetting.

in Living World

Posted by: Deae.6415

Deae.6415

ye usually the living story was entire month… dunno wtf happened with TA assualt this time… they shudve at least given heads up or somthing

in Living World

Posted by: Nanase.9472

Nanase.9472

This was pretty disappointing. We did a run on Saturday night and didn’t know about all of the post dungeon achievements so we had some people that ended up one short. Of course they key daily was there at this point but broken, so we set up for everyone to be on Tuesday to run it again with the expectation that it would be here for the whole month like all of the other first of the month living story meta achievements.

Either be consistent or TELL us when the content is going to disappear if it’s different from normal.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Ouch. I really sympathise with all of you who got caught out by the early departure of the Twilight Assault meta. As far as I know there was no indication that the TA meta would depart after just two weeks, so I believe you guys are fully justified in feeling shortchanged by this. Hopefully ANet can bring it back till the end of October. They’ve been improving in a lot of areas with regards to the Living Story, but their communication about deadlines and disappearing rewards still needs work.

At least we have confirmation on the release page that Blood and Madness is sticking around till 11 November, and all rewards and achievements are completable till then.

in Living World

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I knew it was only 2 weeks.

What is bullkitten was the large group of people who lost out on the backpack because of the bugged Daily. Not our fault there, Anet.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Living World

Posted by: GreyMouser.1235

GreyMouser.1235

How did you know it was only 2 weeks? It doesn’t state that anywhere. Everything that has been published in the beginning of the month has always lasted until the end of the month. This was an aberration, and they should have made it clear that it was only lasting 2 weeks.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

in Living World

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Only the backpiece is gone. You can still get the mini.

in Living World

Posted by: Deae.6415

Deae.6415

hopefully anet just kittened living story up when they added that wvw thing

in Living World

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

Only the backpiece is gone. You can still get the mini.

the cool thing is gone, but you can still get the garbage

great!

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Play on ArenaNet’s time table or miss out. That’s the philosophy around here. When you play is more important than how you play or what you do when you play.

in Living World

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

Bingeplay: the gw2 meta which has replaced gameplay.

in Living World

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Am I the only oen who cant make keys any more? The chest achievement doesnt even have something to do with the LS meta <.<

Edit: Nevermind.. didnt work in WvW only..

in Living World

Posted by: bumbleblym.9382

bumbleblym.9382

extremely disappointed that the meta achievement has been removed with the Blood and Madness update without any warning.

no end date was stated; even the meta achievement description itself states “October Twilight Assaults Achievements Completed”. if the achievement duration was going to break away from the alternate month-long norm, why not publicise it by stating it in the patch notes?

i have obtained every meta achievement reward to date as i’m a compulsive collector, and to have that ended due to no fault of my own leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

ANET please fix!

(edited by bumbleblym.9382)

in Living World

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

The meta-achievement said “October achievements” so I thought it would be available for two more weeks. This was poorly communicated.

in Living World

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Please Change This!

^Pretty much just commenting to keep this alive. I won’t want this to get buried and for A-Net to not see the complete disappointment of a good sized group of the player base.

in Living World

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I’m happy that the meta wasn’t too hard to obtain (though I’m still missing one or two of the dungeon ones), but it’s really unfortunate for everyone who thought [myself included] this would stick around for another two weeks, considering that’s become the norm (SAB had nothing to do with Boss week, but it still lasted a month). I think what’s worse is that the last daily (I think it was the last at least) for the meta was forming a key, which I know bugged for a bunch of people.

Edit: But I don’t see them changing this back. It seems to me that they are already strongly hinting that this LS and the next may have some correlation, at least they both share the “spooky” vibe.

in Living World

Posted by: Diaspro.8529

Diaspro.8529

The meta-achievement said “October achievements” so I thought it would be available for two more weeks. This was poorly communicated.

Exactly

Rig: Intel Core i5-2400 -8GB RAM -Nvidia GTX570
EU Servers

in Living World

Aerlen.5326

How did you know it was only 2 weeks? It doesn’t state that anywhere. Everything that has been published in the beginning of the month has always lasted until the end of the month. This was an aberration, and they should have made it clear that it was only lasting 2 weeks.

Past experience. Lately, LS achievements have lasted 2 weeks and I guessed the Halloween update would knock any other LS out of play.

I was right.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

I learned to not care or barely do any LS till they don’t make them replayable its just useless waste of time while its Temp.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Living World

Aerlen.5326

I learned to not care or barely do any LS till they don’t make them replayable its just useless waste of time while its Temp.

I guess I’m the minority. I like temp content and special little things that won’t be around forever.

I just don’t like when it’s buggy or the time frame is stupidly short.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

I guess I’m the minority. I like temp content and special little things that won’t be around forever.

I like it too and lots of other people too your not the minority

but we don’t like that EVERY single content they add is temp………………….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I like it too and lots of other people too your not the minority

but we don’t like that EVERY single content they add is temp………………….

Luckily they’ve started to add permanent new content, then. Like the tequatl fight, the scarlet invasions, the aetherblade path, the aetherblade jumping puzzle (I’d have loved if they had left the aetherblade and moten facility dungeons permanently outside of fractals, though).

BTW, I’m also bummed that I couldn’t get the back item, was 8/10 when I noticed there was no daily, I tried again to run the aetherblade path (third time) but couldn’t get past the oozes.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

in Living World

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

Let’s hope Anet never makes the mistake of typing “October achievements” and then remove it mid-October ever again.

in Living World

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

This is absolutely ridiculous. Because I have a busy work schedule, I generally take Living Story content at a slow and steady pace. This past week was absolutely brutal for me, so I was able to do no such thing as a dungeon run. I was counting on getting the meta through an easy daily, and LO AND BEHOLD: Sunday’s was to assemble ONE (1) AETHER KEY. I can do that, right?! I mean, I have seventeen pieces across all characters combined!

So I do it.

Nothing.

I made another one.

Still nothing. What the heck?

Last one.

And still nothing. I was very annoyed, but I figured I’d have the rest of October to do it as I did with all other first-week LS releases.

I should’ve known it was the end when I logged in on Monday night and saw that there was no Twilight Assault daily on the board. Again, I had to retreat soon after that and the whole category was gone when I checked yesterday. ArenaNet, this makes me very upset. I was at 9/10 and I was essentially cheated out of the backpack skin because YOUR stupid system glitched when I needed it to work. Yes, I understand that bugs happen, but why in Abaddon’s name did you pull Twilight Assault after a piddly two weeks?

ARGH I am angry. kitten it.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

in Living World

GreyMouser.1235

Past experience. Lately, LS achievements have lasted 2 weeks and I guessed the Halloween update would knock any other LS out of play.

I was right.

Wrong; all LS content that was published at the beginning of the month has remained until the end of the month. The mid-month publish lasted until the end of the month as well, and NEVER OVERWROTE the beginning month publish. This is the first time since the LS started that the first publish has been overwritten by the second.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

in Living World

Aerlen.5326

I was right.

Wrong; all LS content that was published at the beginning of the month has remained until the end of the month. The mid-month publish lasted until the end of the month as well, and NEVER OVERWROTE the beginning month publish. This is the first time since the LS started that the first publish has been overwritten by the second.

Well if you insist I’m wrong, you’re welcome to, but I was right in assuming it was two week content and the next patch would knock it out of play (since it was a HUGE holiday one). I was fairly certain it was a two week thing meant as something for us to do pre-Halloween so it came as no surprise that it was – my guildmates were all aware too though they thought Monday might have a TA daily.

No use coming down on me though, I didn’t flip the switch that made the meta impossible and I was kittened out of my slickpack too. I just naturally assume all content is two weeks only now, saves on the grief.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

in Living World

GreyMouser.1235

I was right.

Well if you insist I’m wrong, you’re welcome to, but I was right in assuming it was two week content and the next patch would knock it out of play (since it was a HUGE holiday one). I was fairly certain it was a two week thing meant as something for us to do pre-Halloween so it came as no surprise that it was – my guildmates were all aware too though they thought Monday might have a TA daily.

No use coming down on me though, I didn’t flip the switch that made the meta impossible and I was kittened out of my slickpack too. I just naturally assume all content is two weeks only now, saves on the grief.

Point is, you ASSUMED that they were using a 2-week publish schedule (which is weird, since the pattern established prior to this ONE patch has followed the pattern stated above.) You didn’t know.

Not coming down on you; the question was an attempt to find out if there was actually anything concrete printed somewhere that said this particular meta would be only available for 2 weeks. Since you actually only guessed at this, the complaint that it was cut out too early, without warning, still stands as being valid.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

(edited by GreyMouser.1235)

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

How can something be cut out too early when there never were an official time for it to end?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

GreyMouser.1235

/headdesk

Because the established patch pattern since the Live Story began has always been that the first patch content is in effect for 4 weeks, the second for 2.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

That has however not always been the case, nor have they ever actually said that the updates will always be structured like that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

This could be easily avoided by Anet putting time-frames on their release posters. So, for example, Blood and Madness might say “October 15-29, 2013” allowing players to see when the meta will end and also when to expect the next update.

Gandara

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

^ Indeed, it should have been clearer when it ended. I think everyone agrees with that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Randulf.7614

Blood and MAdness does at least say in the patch notes the below;

The Blood and Madness content will be available from October 15 to November 11, including rewards and achievements. The only exception is the A Royal Tradition achievement, which can only be completed when Mad King Thorn visits Lion’s Arch.

TA didn’t, but it did refer to October in the achievements. It’s still October, but it has ended.

Hopefully the devs have seen this thread and will take this on board for the future, since communication is being improved going forward..

(edited by Randulf.7614)

in Living World

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I might be wrong, but I think the time frame was reflected in the meta bar, like how the daily bar shows you how long you have left until it swaps over. (In the achievement tab)

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Living World

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Like me. But then, I didn’t want that hideous back piece. Or yet another mini I was never going to spawn.
(Speaking of, why the hell can’t we toss Balthazarr risen priest minis in the toilet. Bunyat’s will say cause they are free, but they aren’t, they cost karma to buy the boxes they come in, and after I have 1, why do I need a stack?)

PITA enough to gather mats for legendary grind, much less grind a meta with a worthless reward.

in Living World

Posted by: lemonoodle.9672

lemonoodle.9672

The problem is not about the back piece or any reward; it’s about the way how it was miscommunicated, and incorrect suggestive flavour text stating “October”.

Flame and Frost dungeon was only for two weeks, but it was stated in the release note that it would only last that long.