Taimi Livestream Discussion and Feedback

in Living World

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

Hey guys, I just finished watching the livestream on Taimi and didn’t notice any topics up about it, so I thought I’d start one.

I just wanted to mention that I think Taimi’s had a really great introduction into the story, and is shaping up to be a great character. I really enjoyed the writing for her, and her voicework is great. The only thing that threw me off a bit about her introduction was that you have to do the marionette fight before the LA story instance, but there’s no guarantee you’ll actually encounter her in the fight depending on which lane you’re defending. If you do see her, her sudden presence in the marionette encounter is a little jarring in a sense that it kind of makes you feel like you missed something. I think it would have been ideal to have met her, at least in passing, in one of the earlier releases. If you don’t encounter her in the fight, the story instance seems a bit strange when Logan’s questioning her about being there, while the player could just be left thinking “She was?”

For the latest release, I think you guys did a great job with her and Braham in EotM. It was a lot of fun hanging out by them to hear their interactions, and I think she’s going to go a long way to make Braham (who’s been a little bit on the dull side, in my opinion) a lot more likeable and fun to be around. Despite the short time she’s been around, I think I’m enjoying her the most of all the B-iconics, and I’d say she’s probably one of the best characters you’ve introduced in the living story in general. I think adding an important child character is a big risk as far as likability goes, but you really hit a good balance of giving her enough asura snark to be fun while taking advantage of the fact that she is a child and using the strengths of that aspect of her as a character. The main character I play is a human, which would tend to be looked down upon by an asura; but the fact that she is a child makes it believable that she’s got the softer edge to her that lets her have a more genuine and equal friendship with my character and the other B-iconics.

Thanks for taking the time to do the livestream, I’m always interested in hearing more about the lore and storytelling aspects of the game.

in Living World

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

i dont like how Taimi has this tension with Zoija. Zoija is the topmost asuran and the pre-fix of zerker gear, anyone who has problems with Zoija, has problems with me.

in Living World

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I think it may just be a characteristic of Asuran relationships. If you recall Zoija had a tense relationship with Snaff but we do understand that she had great respect for him and cared deeply about her mentor.

Perhaps they are externally very driven to prove their genius but they do understand and value their companions when push comes to shove.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

in Living World

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

i dont like how Taimi has this tension with Zoija. Zoija is the topmost asuran and the pre-fix of zerker gear, anyone who has problems with Zoija, has problems with me.

Maybe Zojja’s a bit humiliated by the fact that a child put together a golem from scratch that seems ten times more advanced than Mr. Sparkles, which she had to buy from someone else and modify. Asura seem like they can be seriously competitive, and Zojja doesn’t exactly have an easy personality.

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

._. wall of text
there was an entire live stream for taimi?
anyone having a problem with zojja will be crushed by a hobnailed boot

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Living World

Posted by: Scott McGough

Scott McGough

Narrative Lead

Next

._. wall of text
there was an entire live stream for taimi?
anyone having a problem with zojja will be crushed by a hobnailed boot

There is, and it’s here: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/503338980

Enjoy!

—Scott McG

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Livestram on Taimi?

Scott can you guys perhaps be a little more consistent with notifying players when these streams are about to happen?

You have a twitter channel, you have a facebook page and you have official forums – yet these streams are almost never advertised on any of these channels. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect that you guys might actually let players know when things were going on?

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i had some time to see it yesterday, thnx for posting the link here for everyone  ^_^

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Living World

Posted by: Tanek.5983

Tanek.5983

Livestram on Taimi?

Scott can you guys perhaps be a little more consistent with notifying players when these streams are about to happen?

You have a twitter channel, you have a facebook page and you have official forums – yet these streams are almost never advertised on any of these channels. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect that you guys might actually let players know when things were going on?

This was on Twitter on the 14th when the stream happened:

“Come hear all about me on the #GuildWars2 at Noon Pacific! http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2 ^Taimi”

I don’t know about Facebook since I don’t check there, but I think there are usually streams every Friday. You can also subscribe to their Twitch channel to get emailed when one starts.

in Living World

Posted by: RubiBayer

Previous

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Livestram on Taimi?

Hi Foxx, thanks for the feedback. We promote the livestreams in four languages– English, French, German, and Spanish–on our Facebook and Twitter channels whenever we have one. As Tanek mentioned, you can also subscribe to our Twitch channel to receive an email whenever we go live. As a rule, our regular developer livestreams are on Fridays at 12:00 PM PST. Hope that helps.