Waaaaait a minute... what about Scarlet?

in Living World

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

It has occured to me today, the mastermind between the union of Flame Legion and Dredge has never been uncovered. Then, the Aetherblades mysteriously appear for no apparent reason, and they sided with the Inquest. But we finally do get a name, right before the fight against Mai Trin and Horrik – “Scarlet’s gonna have my noggin for screwing this one up.” I remember a thread about this before, but I would hate for this topic to die :x. Will we eventually get to her in some future living story release?

I also have my own theory of this “Scarlet” being someone from the Inquest itself, because, even though it’s an unlikely name for an Asura (which furthermore adds to the surprise, I suppose), the Inquest doesn’t seem like the type of group that could be so easily manipulated into alliances with someone, especially with pirates. Perhaps it's the new leader of the Inquest itself? They do need a new leader now that Kudu is dead

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Well, “Scarlet” can also be a code name, or a title. I mean, it literally means “red” (it is a beautiful name nonetheless).
The Mr. E is killing me. So mysterious.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Living World

Starscream.6498

Well, “Scarlet” can also be a code name, or a title. I mean, it literally means “red” (it is a beautiful name nonetheless).
The Mr. E is killing me. So mysterious.

Kasmeer’s “mysteriousness” bugs me more than of that unknown guy. I really want to know if she really is just working for Marjory, because that silence and appearance of hers in the Marjory/Logan cutscene was quite intriguing.

in Living World

Gabby.3205

Ohh Kasmeer is indeed very mysterious.
And she has the defiant buff. There are just a few npcs that do, and all of them are pretty important (I mean, besides bosses).
I find it funny how all these plots seem unrelated but are probably not, since there are so many loose ends everywhere. I mean, nobody else mentioned the “snake-nosed, silver tongued person from the city” in the game since that one dredge.
I am hoping for a glorious finale when all these mysteries start getting solved by us, meddling kids!

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I am hoping for a glorious finale when all these mysteries start getting solved by us, meddling kids!

And our pet dog!

in Living World

Starscream.6498

And she has the defiant buff. There are just a few npcs that do, and all of them are pretty important (I mean, besides bosses).
I find it funny how all these plots seem unrelated but are probably not, since there are so many loose ends everywhere. I mean, nobody else mentioned the “snake-nosed, silver tongued person from the city” in the game since that one dredge.

Ah yes, the snake-nose, silver tongued person from the city. Might also be a description used for Scarlet. But we seem to be hinted at her more and more with these releases.

I only hope that some… unfortunate incident happens during the Bazaar and we have to yet again intervene.

After all, Mai did also warn us to “just watch the skies”.
And the Sanctum just so happens to reside high in them.

What ALSO caught my eye is that the Sanctum has ballistas placed everywhere. It might just be a precaution, but…

in Living World

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

The mystery of Kasmeer annoys me. When I read her story posted on the news with her meeting Kiel, she seemed elegant and intelligent, with an air of finesse. Even in her chats with Faren at the beach she sounded at least witty.

Then, in the bar with Marjory, she appears and acts like a 16-year-old girl who just saw Justin Bieber at a concert. What? Is she bi-polar?

Then, there’s Mister E. I really need to know his identity. Like, now,

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Living World

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

What ALSO caught my eye is that the Sanctum has ballistas placed everywhere. It might just be a precaution, but…

There’s an event where Aetherblades come raid the supplies near the Sky Docks. Was very annoying actually as it was spamming last night, many vets and many champs.

in Living World

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

And our pet dog!

Dog? Where? (said in Scooby doo voice.)

in Living World

Starscream.6498

There’s an event where Aetherblades come raid the supplies near the Sky Docks. Was very annoying actually as it was spamming last night, many vets and many champs.

Really? The only supply raid I thought existed was the one where Krait raid the supplies at the Bazaar Docks.

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Personally I’m suspicious about Ellen Kiel. Logan said in the cutscene he doesn’t trust the lionguard, implying they’re involved. That leads me to be very suspicious of Kiel.

in Living World

Gabby.3205

Personally I’m suspicious about Ellen Kiel. Logan said in the cutscene he doesn’t trust the lionguard, implying they’re involved. That leads me to be very suspicious of Kiel.

Maybe he doesn’t trust the Lionguard because of that time he was arrested by them, or because they do nothing for his people in Nebo Terrace and Ascalon Settlement so he has to send his Seraph to help them, or because they serve a pirate city.
But yeah, I don’t trust Kiel either, but it is just because he is poorly developed and I would love to kick her right in her stupid face.
Her brilliant plan in Southsun Cove would have been good for nothing if the copies of the contracts in LA hadn’t been destroyed before she exploded that ship. What I’ve got from the story was that Canach was the one that destroyed the copies, since Kiel seemed unaware of the situation (she didn’t seem to have a plan or to know the originals were the only ones left before capturing Canach).
Marjory (and the player) did everything in Dragon Bash. She “handled” nothing and does not deserve Magnus’s recognition at all.
At the end of the day, Kiel is just a good-for-nothing Mary Sue that takes credit for things that other people did (Canach, Marjory and the player).
The only positive thing about her is that she is so bad that makes me actually miss Trahearne.

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

The only positive thing about her is that she is so bad that makes me actually miss Trahearne.

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF, MAN!

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

The mystery of Kasmeer annoys me. When I read her story posted on the news with her meeting Kiel, she seemed elegant and intelligent, with an air of finesse. Even in her chats with Faren at the beach she sounded at least witty.

Then, in the bar with Marjory, she appears and acts like a 16-year-old girl who just saw Justin Bieber at a concert. What? Is she bi-polar?

Then, there’s Mister E. I really need to know his identity. Like, now,

Or she’s pretending

It’s not hard to believe she has fake personalities.

in Living World

Posted by: Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Scarlet obviously refers to Ree Soesbee, who is diabolically pulling the strings from ANet’s ivory towers.

in Living World

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’m pretty sure the reason this Mystery Mr E is named so is because he’s a Mystery (pun intented)

#ELEtism

in Living World

Posted by: Token.5098

Token.5098

I saw a screenshot some time ago on reddit of Horik and a Molten Alliance berserker bowing for a female sylvari, maybe the sylvari could be scarlet.

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Scarlet obviously refers to Ree Soesbee, who is diabolically pulling the strings from ANet’s ivory towers.

I don’t know how their internal structure works, but from what they’ve said, it sounds like Ree isn’t piloting the Living Story. It’s two other writers.

I saw a screenshot some time ago on reddit of Horik and a Molten Alliance berserker bowing for a female sylvari, maybe the sylvari could be scarlet.

God I hope so. One of the reasons they created GW2 was because players wanted new races and GW1 only focused on humans, yet the Living Story is almost exclusively revolving around human female characters. At the rate they are going, they may as well stop calling it Living Story and start calling it Keil’s Story.

Is Scarlet the nemesis ArenaNet mentioned when they first started talking about Living Story? It’s weird for a nemesis to be turning up so late into the story.

in Living World

Posted by: Yamiga.7863

Yamiga.7863

Mister E…von Gnashblade?

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

Mister E…von Gnashblade?

You… You did it… You actually did it!

in Living World

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

Fairly sure I saw that picture and someone in the thread debunked it saying it could be easily achieved by players using everlasting tonics. Who knows?

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

A lot of people think Scarlet may be Livia

in Living World

Posted by: Order of Venvardis.6073

Order of Venvardis.6073

If you or anyone else finds this photo, could you link it here? I’d really like to see it now that it’s been mentioned, and I can’t find it. Thanks!

in Living World

Posted by: Wheezy.2846

Wheezy.2846

She DID get the staff the Vizier used at the end of Eye of the North, so she could still be around. That would be SO great too.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

And our pet Quaggan!

Fixed it for you!

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

She DID get the staff the Vizier used at the end of Eye of the North, so she could still be around. That would be SO great too.

She is most probably still around – she was in the Sea of Sorrows book so she has already lived longer than any human should, but she’s not evil, so pretty sure she isn’t Scarlet.