Difficulty of Marionette/ Jungle Worms

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Raptorcheese.7053

Raptorcheese.7053

First off, just want to say these events have been amazing to play through. Me and my friends all are always giddy with excitement when attempting these events. However..

Personally I have not completed both events. I have done the Twisted Marionette at least 10 times and failed it. How many times have you guys completed it? My only concern is that it often comes down to a small group of people wiping on a platform. I am not saying they suck, but it just a bit frustrating.

What are your guys opinions on the 3 Great Jungle Worms? I only did it once with a extremely large group. But after splitting up, my group manage to place only 1 set of 20 kegs of explosives. Everyone started dying and it looked like everyone just ditched.
Have your servers got it down? Or are your groups still struggling?

Just a side note, even though these attempts are failures, I still prefer these events a thousand times over Shadow Behemoth for example, where you just press 1 to win.

Posted by: pinkbunnies.4620

pinkbunnies.4620

Im a civil engineer and I Work 60-70 hours a week in the field. I love this game and really enjoy the time I get to play it. Ive got 4 level 80s, two with map completion, all in at least exotics or better. I unload real money on the gem store regularly.

Im getting discouraged by content like tequila and the worm/marionette because I have not completed any of these, not even once. I realize that if I log at the exact right time after guesting to the correct server and sitting in the zone for an hour+ to get a spot then maybe I have a chance to complete these but that’s not realistic for me.

I have a wife and a 3 year old, they need my time too.

At least I have Spvp solo Q, hot join. If it wasn’t for the fact that I don’t have to gear grind to be on equal footing Id have never bought this game. On a side not that’s why I don’t do WVWVW, because of the ascended gear power creep they implemented.

Back before I got a real life I loved to spvp in WAR and later SWTOR and Rift for a time. So I consider myself a kitten fine player.

Please make content for people like me. We are the ones who actually bring money into your pocket with our real jobs and gem store purchases.

cut out the garbage with the power creep gear grind nonsense, make some more content that I as a great player can do on my own schedule without needing to depend on having no life and the stars aligning.

Attachments:

(edited by pinkbunnies.4620)

Posted by: Milkduds.7109

Milkduds.7109

Im a civil engineer and I Work 60-70 hours a week in the field. I love this game and really enjoy the time I get to play it. Ive got 4 level 80s, two with map completion, all in at least exotics or better. I unload real money on the gem store regularly.

Im getting discouraged by content like tequila and the worm/marionette because I have not completed any of these, not even once. I realize that if I log at the exact right time after guesting to the correct server and sitting in the zone for an hour+ to get a spot then maybe I have a chance to complete these but that’s not realistic for me.

At least I have Spvp solo Q, hot join. If it wasn’t for the fact that I don’t have to gear grind to be on equal footing Id have never bought this game. On a side not that’s why I don’t do WVWVW, because of the ascended gear power creep they implemented.

Back before I got a real life I loved to spvp in WAR and later SWTOR and Rift for a time. So I consider myself a kitten fine player.

Please make content for people like me. We are the ones who actually bring money into your pocket with our real jobs and gem store purchases.

cut out the garbage with the power creep gear grind nonsense, make some more content that I as a great player can do on my own schedule without needing to depend on having no life and the stars aligning.

So, they put in a couple of fights that you can’t just queue up for and do “on your time” and by your utter convenience and suddenly this is a big deal? You think you’re the only type of player who plays this game? Plenty of people here are willing to put in the time, casual and hardcore, and try and down these events. Nothing is stopping you except for your own real world commitments which is not anyone else’s problem.

The majority of the game is very casual friendly. It’s not dependant on gear. It’s not a hardcore raid or die game by any stretch of the imagination. Most content is catered towards people like you, and people who just want to take the game at their own pace.

They put out less than a handful of bosses that are challenging and can’t just be done in a night and out come the wallet warriors and people who, with a 60 hour a week schedule, a wife, and a small child, have no business playing a video game anyways.

Geez. Reminds me of WoW, except this time there is no excuse for it, because like I said, this isn’t a raid or die game by any definition of the term.

“All is Vain…”

Posted by: Lilius.9850

Lilius.9850

So, they put in a couple of fights that you can’t just queue up for and do “on your time” and by your utter convenience and suddenly this is a big deal? You think you’re the only type of player who plays this game? Plenty of people here are willing to put in the time, casual and hardcore, and try and down these events. Nothing is stopping you except for your own real world commitments which is not anyone else’s problem.

The majority of the game is very casual friendly. It’s not dependant on gear. It’s not a hardcore raid or die game by any stretch of the imagination. Most content is catered towards people like you, and people who just want to take the game at their own pace.

They put out less than a handful of bosses that are challenging and can’t just be done in a night and out come the wallet warriors and people who, with a 60 hour a week schedule, a wife, and a small child, have no business playing a video game anyways.

Geez. Reminds me of WoW, except this time there is no excuse for it, because like I said, this isn’t a raid or die game by any definition of the term.

+1

@pinkbunnies,

If you’ve got a family, work, and infants to care about that take up your time, you should DEFINITELY not be playing video games – your family comes first, dont neglect your kid

Posted by: Raptorcheese.7053

Raptorcheese.7053

Guys stick to the post and not judge other people by being adorable kittens. Btw did the marionette again, failed again! Most of the time I find myself waiting in a overflow server and a few times there are not enough people to do it. I do not like waiting in an area for 30 minutes doing nothing. I bet most people go afk during this waiting period. I feel like I am waiting in line. T_T. Event is really fun! Just it only takes one platform to wipe to mess up everyone. Maybe there could be a way where other platforms could help out after they are finished ?

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Lol nice pink bunny has a better excuse then I do. 8/10 times I get defeated by the login boss. I log in check whose online, don’t see anyone online, log out. Hell this last week and half, I’ve logged in once, to download the patch and then logged back out with that burnt out feeling.

Hmmm maybe it’s time to try new gears to increase survivability, instead of zerking face tank. Key dodges, blocks might also be good.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Except the silly art direction, i really like the M. fight, me and my friend call it a Robot. It’s intuitive, it’s intense, it offers several roles for players to fill and those roles complement each other, and this creates some sort of player bond on the map, it have a window for skillful play and not just zerg bashing. I enjoy it.

I did couple of tries on Wurm with TxS alliance. It was fun. However, as i don’t fully understand all the nuances in tactic, i will reserve my judgement for now. So far it looks good, but time will tell.

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

i know that i played this game since ‘’day one’‘, and i killed Tequatle ONCE….after something like 50+ attempts…and i got HALF of the achievments and 2 rares. I am not playing anymore these ’’world bosses’’ …i’ll wait to see more Fun, more Rewards, less Overflows and less Bugs!

Frenk the Vile.2596

Yeah, it’s not like the Marionette will go away or som…no wait, it’s really going away in 2 weeks :P

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Yeah, it’s not like the Marionette will go away or som…no wait, it’s really going away in 2 weeks :P

Actually, based on the fact that stories overlap, it will probably be longer. Could even be for the duration of story finale. I believe Anet said it would remain as long as it made sense for the story.

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

I have killed the marionette 6 times out of 26 attempts so far. Most attempts get to 4 chains though so rewards aren’t too bad even with a fail.

After salvaging the majority of my loot today I gained 48 ectoplasm, 12% magic find, and 6 gold. I was happy with that.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I’m at about 1 in 15 so far.

I think what some people forget is that this is a game. It’s supposed to be challenging, but really, many of us use it as escape from real life, and failing 75%+ of the time is not fun. If I want to fail to that degree, I’ll try to get my kids to clean their rooms.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

There are 100 different MMOs out there dedicated to raiding and high levels of coordination, why does it have to come here too?

This was suppose to be the one place for salvation to get away from the elitest crowd. Now I have to read these posts daily about how much better TTS, BG, and Deso are in comparison to us lowly scrubbies.

I’m sorry but sitting in a queue for 2 hours and running bombs for 10 minutes doesn’t make you the all gosu god of guild wars.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

these events dont take a lot of time, it basically comes down to most of the people knowing the encounter, and coordinating well. If you dont like doing this, then dont do it? Its one event out 1000s in the game, the rewards are not insanely better than anything else.

Qaelyn.7612

If you dont like doing this, then dont do it?

The purpose of these forums is to provide feedback to the developers. That’s what people are doing.. explaining WHY they aren’t enjoying the content that supposedly was created for them to enjoy.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

We need a lot more of these difficult bosses so people will figure out they aren’t entitled to win every encounter added to the game. You can spam 1 to win 99.9% of PvE; don’t complain when good content is added. If it’s not for you, it’s not for you. But a lot of us are loving this stuff.

Frenk the Vile.2596

We need a lot more of these difficult bosses so people will figure out they aren’t entitled to win every encounter added to the game. You can spam 1 to win 99.9% of PvE; don’t complain when good content is added. If it’s not for you, it’s not for you. But a lot of us are loving this stuff.

I hope to be AFK on one of the platform in YOUR overflow next time ur doing this, so we’ll see how fun is to play with random noobs.

phys.7689

If you dont like doing this, then dont do it?

The purpose of these forums is to provide feedback to the developers. That’s what people are doing.. explaining WHY they aren’t enjoying the content that supposedly was created for them to enjoy.

explaining why is fine, but there is no way that all content will appeal to all people.
Im not diminishing peoples feedback here,

Saying why I dont like something specific is fine, but some people are saying that there should not exist any content which doesnt fit their specific needs.

Theres a difference between, i dont like dogs with purple hair, because…., and all dogs with purple hair should be outlawed from my country.

now maybe im wrong, but i think anet should build lots of interesting content for many different types of players. This way people can pick and choose what they enjoy doing. I dont think telling anet not to develop anything that is not tailor made for their specific preferences is a good idea.

I can see if the content was like required, or highly necessary, but this is just one event of 2000, with rewards that are probably average at best.

I mean i dont like snow zones much, does that mean anet should never put any content in a snow zone?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I hope to be AFK on one of the platform in YOUR overflow next time ur doing this, so we’ll see how fun is to play with random noobs.

How very childish.

Qaelyn.7612

explaining why is fine, but there is no way that all content will appeal to all people.

But people aren’t saying they don’t like the content. They’re saying they like the content but find it too difficult to enjoy. Those are different things.

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I always love the opinions on WvW that non-WvWers have.

Many of the best WvWers I know do not have ascended armor. Gear level has a pretty low impact in WvW. Rather than judging from the outside, go in and find a good WvW guild and find out what WvW is really like instead of just guessing.

How is going into a feedback thread and belligerently telling the guy to not play if he doesn’t like it not diminishing his feedback?

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

Posted by: Aragorn.5462

Aragorn.5462

I think the thing that is most frustrating (and I’ve mentioned in another post and wish to expand) is that the new content (Teq, worms, and Marioente) is getting away from their dynamic leveling system. One of the things I remember when GW2 was being hyped was that fights would scale to the number of people present, but these fights don’t scale down unless you have 100+ people. I understand they want the bosses to be an epic fight, and the mechanics involved are cool, but it’s frustrating if you’re playing on down hours or on a smaller server population to complete them at all. It just seems GW2 is going away from made it unique and attracted us in the first place.

I just think if there’s 100+ people that these bosses should scale accordingly, but if there are only 30-40, it should be achievable too. The reason casual players get frustrated by this is because ANET puts out lots of achievement points for em, but make it difficult for any but really dedicated (or lucky) people to get.

phys.7689

Many of the best WvWers I know do not have ascended armor. Gear level has a pretty low impact in WvW. Rather than judging from the outside, go in and find a good WvW guild and find out what WvW is really like instead of just guessing.

How is going into a feedback thread and belligerently telling the guy to not play if he doesn’t like it not diminishing his feedback?

im not belligerent here, I legitamately believe not all content in the game is going to appeal to all players, i think their feedback is important, but if every facet of the game has to be easily beaten within 1 or 2 tries you really arent leaving too much options for the game.

I mean if players cant accept that there will be some content that isnt their cup of tea, the only solution the devs can really do is to create seperate modes for the game, akin to hard mode.
But i think the devs really dont want to create that hard split, and split the community drastically. They want people who want hard events to go do certain events, and people who want easy ones to do other ones.

Perhaps what they can do is (as someone mentioned somewhere before) have people somehow split themselves into difficult and easy tasks. Where some people pick the easy parts, and others pick the harder parts.

One thing about the marrionette, its not so easy to do this here. If a group fails, the order is changes, so you aren 100% sure who will be facing what warden. But ehh, i think its ok that some events are harder to succeed than others. I actually like that warden isnt really a zerg fight where people can just coast and win. Eventually 3-5 players will have to face a warden in order to win.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

How very childish.

Lol didn’t take frenk long to win that battle gg.

Yeah though his gear view in wvw is off, would of been better if it were about zerging.
Unaccountable randoms hampering efforts.

Which brings me to this point, which is the most serious I have ever been about something in this game. How amazing would it be if player deaths rallied world bosses bwhahhahhaha. April 1st anet make it happen or riot

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

phys.7689

I think the thing that is most frustrating (and I’ve mentioned in another post and wish to expand) is that the new content (Teq, worms, and Marioente) is getting away from their dynamic leveling system. One of the things I remember when GW2 was being hyped was that fights would scale to the number of people present, but these fights don’t scale down unless you have 100+ people. I understand they want the bosses to be an epic fight, and the mechanics involved are cool, but it’s frustrating if you’re playing on down hours or on a smaller server population to complete them at all. It just seems GW2 is going away from made it unique and attracted us in the first place.

I just think if there’s 100+ people that these bosses should scale accordingly, but if there are only 30-40, it should be achievable too. The reason casual players get frustrated by this is because ANET puts out lots of achievement points for em, but make it difficult for any but really dedicated (or lucky) people to get.

i think it might be true that they start their scaling too high. Many of these events are nigh impossible (read hard counter) with less than 80 people. I m not sure such a high number is appropriate to most situations.
Id say they should probably start at 40

Milkduds.7109

I defeated Mari last night in an Overflow. You guys are going to fail at this a few times, maybe many times, but eventually you’ll get it. You just have to try and try again. People are learning it the same as you.

“All is Vain…”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I defeated Mari last night in an Overflow. You guys are going to fail at this a few times, maybe many times, but eventually you’ll get it. You just have to try and try again. People are learning it the same as you.

Well that is also part of the problem. Until the majority of participants are experienced with the fights your success and failure is just going to be largely random. There is nothing you can do to counter random(aside from forming your own guild with enough people to generate your own private overflow …).

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The wurm’s not just more difficult, it’s also very boring. At least at the marionette you can actually do things that matter. With the wurm it’s just 1 special rule and then auto-attack again.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

More people fit into that category that you seem to believe. Like any other game that’s either succeeded or failed, if the game is to remain a long term success the devs must cater to whomever the vast majority is. They can’t cater to everyone, so those who don’t fall into the majority category will simply just have to bite the bullet and move on.

I’m going to take a wild guess here, in that most people who play this game, have lives outside of it (families, word schedule etc..) meaning they are your majority. Content needs to be made for them, not for the all day warriors with nothing better to do.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

content for people like you is called living story.

there is almost no challenging content in this game.
and 95% of the content in this game is made for people like you.
what is your problem?

at some point in your life you have to accept that you wont have the time for MMOs anymore.

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

personally i say the marrionette is both easier and more enjoyable then the wurm.

wurm is just insane when it comes to how many mobs the event throws at you (entirely convinced the purpose of the mobs are just to troll the groups of players)

marionette does have a lot of mobs also but majority of them are basic rank or veteran, during a fight with one of the wurm heads i swear there were 15+ champs mobs and a hoard of elites/vets: at marionette there’s perhaps 20 champions spawned at once (3 per lane(i’ve never noticed more then that in a lane) with 5 in the center), where as the wurm events…. i’d bet my unfinished legendary that theres almost 50 champs running around if you added em all up from the 3 events.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

personally i say the marrionette is both easier and more enjoyable then the wurm.

wurm is just insane when it comes to how many mobs the event throws at you (entirely convinced the purpose of the mobs are just to troll the groups of players)

marionette does have a lot of mobs also but majority of them are basic rank or veteran, during a fight with one of the wurm heads i swear there were 15+ champs mobs and a hoard of elites/vets: at marionette there’s perhaps 20 champions spawned at once (3 per lane(i’ve never noticed more then that in a lane) with 5 in the center), where as the wurm events…. i’d bet my unfinished legendary that theres almost 50 champs running around if you added em all up from the 3 events.

I guess you are not counting the champion watchworks?

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The marionette event is not that difficult. I honestly can’t fathom how people are failing it so consistently.

If you’re struggling on the platforms for the marionette, please let us know why. I’d love to help these people.

Posted by: Tromador.8614

Tromador.8614

These topics sadden me.

Firstly, there are very few ‘big bosses’. The vast majority of the game can be enjoyed by all. Anet have simply added in something for those who like the raid boss type of encounter. I suck at (and dislike) pvp, so I don’t do that. This doesn’t mean the game shouldn’t have PvP for those that want it. Complaints because a tiny part of the game is inaccessible to 100% of the playerbase seem to me centred in negative emotions, envy and jealousy, rather than any real issue. If you enjoyed the game before Tequatl, why does the appearance of him make you stop enjoying the game. Nothing has been taken away.

Secondly, the reason some servers do better than others is not because of elitist players, but because of that server’s community. When we started, we had as much trouble with Tequatl as anyone, but a few people stepped up and starting bringing people together and organising them. We have our good players and bad ones, on average our players are, well… average. What we have done is get a community created where players by and large will listen (or read in chat) and therefore know where to stand and what to hit. It’s simple organisation. We were killing Tequatl three times a day afternoon, early evening, late evening and I would like to think anyone on our server could rock up and get a kill – no matter their personal ability or schedule.

So all you who do think this is just awful, try to build a community. Get a teamspeak server and beg, plead and cajole people on to it, to work with you. It’s easy to complain on a forum and be negative, but much harder to do something positive.

Finally… Marionette is to Jungle Wurm, as Justin Bieber is to Lemmy. That’s all.

Posted by: Lothrin.1285

Lothrin.1285

So I am not allowed to play video games because I have a full time job and a family? Are you God? Because if you are, can I please have permission to play a video game for like an hour or two a week…is that okay with you? I mean I know you’re busy making sure internet kittens have electricity and internet connection, but if you could spare a few moments of you time for me, that would be great.

Milkduds.7109

So I am not allowed to play video games because I have a full time job and a family? Are you God? Because if you are, can I please have permission to play a video game for like an hour or two a week…is that okay with you? I mean I know you’re busy making sure internet kittens have electricity and internet connection, but if you could spare a few moments of you time for me, that would be great.

You can take me entirely out of context all you like. I don’t care if you have a job or w/e. I have a life too. It’s not my problem and my life isn’t your problem. Deal with it.

No one is entitled to beat anything. You can beat 99% of the content in this game with relative ease. If you want to pretend like you’re being discriminated against or something because you don’t live in a basement (really, who does, do people believe this myth?) be my guest, but it doesn’t work on me. I’ve been playing MMO’s for too long now to feel sorry for the people who just want to press a button and win. Especially in a game that is already tailored to a more casual, easy come easy go approach such as this one.

Cry me a river.

“All is Vain…”

Posted by: Thaelias.7432

Thaelias.7432

Having run a ton of TTS encounters I’d just say that even organization isn’t enough for fights like the Wurms.

Perhaps they tuned it for the dps raids were able to do pre-patch when you could spam fire elemental powder. It seems like you’d need relatively skilled players, organized, with some selective trait builds, and good gear quality to consistently perform on the wurm fight.

That might be a bar-too-high for an open-world encounter game.

Posted by: pinkbunnies.4620

pinkbunnies.4620

so youre telling me that I cant play GW2 a couple nights a week for an hour or two after my daughter is asleep?

@pinkbunnies,
If you’ve got a family, work, and infants to care about that take up your time, you should DEFINITELY not be playing video games – your family comes first, dont neglect your kid

That’s a really insulting accusation

Fact of the matter is that this game advertised it self as not having to grind for the best gear and nothing you say will change that. Don’t get me wrong, pvp is my specialty and when I roam I enjoy demolishing in whatever small skirmishes I can find. zerg vs door is not fun, wasn’t in warhammer online and isn’t in gw2 either.

content for people like you is called living story.
there is almost no challenging content in this game.
and 95% of the content in this game is made for people like you.
what is your problem?
at some point in your life you have to accept that you wont have the time for MMOs anymore.

Hear this arena net… its the sound of your community pushing money out of your game… Apparently your community believes that people with jobs and families have no business enjoying your product in their spare time. Good job GW2 community on being a bunch of… well you know what just forget it I don’t need this abuse.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lothrin.1285

Lothrin.1285

You can take me entirely out of context all you like. I don’t care if you have a job or w/e. I have a life too. It’s not my problem and my life isn’t your problem. Deal with it.

No one is entitled to beat anything. You can beat 99% of the content in this game with relative ease. If you want to pretend like you’re being discriminated against or something because you don’t live in a basement (really, who does, do people believe this myth?) be my guest, but it doesn’t work on me. I’ve been playing MMO’s for too long now to feel sorry for the people who just want to press a button and win. Especially in a game that is already tailored to a more casual, easy come easy go approach such as this one.

Cry me a river.

You seem to have me confused for someone else. I love the difficulty of the new events.

I didn’t take your remark out of context, you said what you said so live with it.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Marionette is fine but wurms are way, WAAAY too hard.

Are you Shpongled?

Qaelyn.7612

The marionette event is not that difficult. I honestly can’t fathom how people are failing it so consistently.

They are failing due to taking a lot of damage and dying. I mean, really, is this hard to figure out?

The main culprit is boss #3. I routinely am on servers where the first two bosses are taken down in order, and then boss #3 is failed over and over until the event wipes.

That means there is a problem with this fight. Period. I don’t care how many snobs pontificate about how “it’s easy if you just do _” or “lol, just don’t do _”. People are failing it all the time except if they end up in an instance where there’s some very large organized guild or something. And that’s NOT what I thought this game was supposed to be about.

I’m not a moron and I routinely get downed in that fight. So do many other people. All you need is for one platform to get enough people downed that they can’t get back up, and the chain wipes.

And it happens over and over again. So I guess Arenanet wants people to be frustrated and kittened off most of the time, because 90+% of the people I know are stuck in failed instances over 3/4 of the time and it’s frustrating and kittening them off.

(edited by Qaelyn.7612)

Posted by: M K Kat.4718

M K Kat.4718

They are failing due to taking a lot of damage and dying. I mean, really, is this hard to figure out?

The main culprit is boss #3. I routinely am on servers where the first two bosses are taken down in order, and then boss #3 is failed over and over until the event wipes.

That means there is a problem with this fight. Period. I don’t care how many snobs pontificate about how “it’s easy if you just do _” or “lol, just don’t do _”. People are failing it all the time except if they end up in an instance where there’s some very large organized guild or something. And that’s NOT what I thought this game was supposed to be about.

I’m not a moron and I routinely get downed in that fight. So do many other people. All you need is for one platform to get enough people downed that they can’t get back up, and the chain wipes.

And it happens over and over again. So I guess Arenanet wants people to be frustrated and kittened off most of the time, because 90+% of the people I know are stuck in failed instances over 3/4 of the time and it’s frustrating and kittening them off.

I completely agree with this assessment of the marionette event and have had the same experience – so I pretty much have to just enjoy the success I have had in other lanes. As for the wurm, those events are insane! I have tried it repeatedly – even with many players in the group though no where near 80 – and we have failed every time. I don’t mind difficult and in fact enjoy figuring out ways to deal with difficult battles or events – but being confronted by ranks of champion regurgitated husks surrounding an invulnerable wurm is just frustrating. Fire at 1 of those champ husks and it is likely that a rank of 4 or 5 of them will descend on you! So far I have not been able to actually get to fight the wurms at all, and am on the verge of not trying further. Others with whom I routinely play have come to the same conclusion, and it is disappointing for all of us!

Posted by: Voodoo.8041

Voodoo.8041

I also agree with this assessment. I’m losing interest in continuing with this event because players aren’t morons, they’re moving around and dodging.

I have also seen no further then round 3 and it’s very unforgiving. I finally load on platform, see red all over the floor, dodge, still hits me anyway, and I’m downed, there’s no time for anyone to rez, because the floors covered again and I’m dead.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

+1

@pinkbunnies,

Doesn’t sound like he’s neglecting his kid. Just sounds like you saying: “YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN.”

Qaelyn.7612

I have also seen no further then round 3 and it’s very unforgiving. I finally load on platform, see red all over the floor, dodge, still hits me anyway, and I’m downed, there’s no time for anyone to rez, because the floors covered again and I’m dead.

Yes, and then to add insult to injury, you get to listen to idiots in mapchat complain that it’s “your fault” that the event didn’t succeed.

I don’t know if it’s a bug or whatnot but in that third fight I very often find myself downed with no advance warning, no circles, nothing. One time, I zoned in and before I could even hit a key I was downed.

Add to that people who think they’re heroes and are going to solo it without even ressing others, and you get what we have today — an event that could be a lot of fun but isn’t because it’s simply too difficult for average players.

In my last couple of runs I actually saw people avoiding lane 3. There’d be 20+ in lane 1 and 2 and maybe 10 or 15 in 3.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The biggest problem with the wurm are the sea of adds that surround them. They make it nigh-suicidal to get close to the wurm (which at least two of the three require), hide the red arrow showing you what you’re supposed to do, and in general are just a gigantic thorn in everyone’s side.

Is #3 the screaming one? Because the one time I got that, I zoned right into its attack and was downed before the game would even let me move.

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Apart from the insane timers, difficulty and scaling issues this release is chock full of bugs, I can only hope they use PTR for future updates. did they test this atleast once with random players first?

http://i.imgur.com/RTkGsBd.jpg

EDIT I mean wurm, the robot fight is cool apart from not being able to help your fellow pods when you beat your own champ.

Magumer Ranger

(edited by Cletus Van Damme.2795)

Qaelyn.7612

It’s the one with the floating bombs. Which BTW do not have red circles (despite all the mocking comments you get about “kitten , just avoid the red circles”) and the boss also has some sort of one-shot attack.

Boss #3 is too difficult, period. If it were reined in, the event would be a lot better.

As it is, this is an event that is a negative experience for the majority of GW2 players.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m fine with the difficulty of the Wurm. It’s here forever after all. But Mario, I’ve been trying 2-3 times a day and still not got past 2 chains. I’ve spend hours just waiting to get in a main server. I’m personally going to a lot of effort which I’m fine with, but as this is tempory content I think it should have been a little more forgiving. I think 3/5 platforms suck seeding would have been fine. But loot altered accordingly. Just an idea for the next time we have a temp world boss.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: ghettogenius.9174

ghettogenius.9174

You were doing good until you spouted this bullkitten. Claiming that people who work and have a family should not be playing games pretty short sighted. People can easily burn out on work and family if they don’t balance their time right. Additionally I can think of worse ways to release stress than playing video games.