RE: The Tequatl-ization of all new content

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Hi.

I’m a casual player.

Events like Tequatl are completely inaccessible to a person like me.

Since the living story content seems to be following the same design principles (i.e., events that not even an entire server can hope to beat despite trying multiple times), I was wondering if there’s going to be any content that would appeal to players like me in the future, or whether this is all we have to look forward to?

Thanks.

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

Well, this is the second Living Story update that has featured raid-style open world content designed as end game goals for large guilds out of like…20 Living Story updates in total which all included casual solo/5-man content, story instances and fetch quests so…I think it’s safe to say there will be more content catered to you in the future…
9/10 patches, presumably.

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

one boss does not equal all updates.

Posted by: possessed.2036

possessed.2036

If you consider that ascended weps the armour also came out you will see that the casual player is being forgotten.

possessed.2036

If you consider that ascended weps the armour also came out you will see that the casual player is being forgotten.

EDIT by casual players I mean playing less than 4-6 hrs per day.

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

You can of course join either the TTS community in NA or the Europe Community…. I forget their initials at this time. They will help you get through the content with very little in the way of repping

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

EDIT by casual players I mean playing less than 4-6 hrs per day.

I play less than 4 hours a day and I have ascended armor and weapons.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

A casual player doesn’t need Ascended Armour/Weapons at all, as casuals don’t run higher level Fractals.

possessed.2036

A casual player doesn’t need Ascended Armour/Weapons at all, as casuals don’t run higher level Fractals.

Casual players do however play wvw where the top armour is almost a pre-requisite.
Also I decide what I want or need thanks very much.

FenrirSlakt.3692

Casual players do however play wvw where the top armour is almost a pre-requisite.

Please stop trying to use Ascended armour as an excuse to accuse ANET of ignoring the casual playerbase. It’s pathetic.

The damage difference between Exotic and Ascended is so negligible that it only significantly affects PvP at higher skill levels. Do casual players play these? No.
Exotic is more than enough to stand your ground, perhaps even Rare.

You are in your right to decide what you want, but what you need is a different matter.

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Hi.

I’m a casual player.

Since the living story content seems to be following the same design principles (i.e., events that not even an entire server can hope to beat despite trying multiple times), I was wondering if there’s going to be any content that would appeal to players like me in the future, or whether this is all we have to look forward to?

Thanks.

This would be 1 of two updates that introduced world bosses.

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

You apparently don’t WvW very much. Gear is not nearly the most important factor. I do just fine in exotic. Ill take it a step further and say that, after what is happening Celestial gear and the massive amount of time that those people wasted farming it up, there is no way that I will ever make ascended armor. I’ll be wearing exotic, and I’ll be doing just fine in it.

possessed.2036

Please stop trying to use Ascended armour as an excuse to accuse ANET of ignoring the casual playerbase. It’s pathetic.

The damage difference between Exotic and Ascended is so negligible that it only significantly affects PvP at higher skill levels. Do casual players play these? No.

You are in your right to decide what you want, but what you need is a different matter.

I was merely pointing out to the person that said “one boss doesn’t equal all” that all recent content release has been for the more hardcore players. For players still struggling to complete their full ascended set like myself who requires 300 of 1 material per day just for the time gated mats without even thinking of the others required to craft the components means either farming or buying which can be as much as 10g per day hence my struggle to to think wasting time on standing waiting for these new events for little to no reward is fun.
I primarily play wvw but we get locked out of improving out characters without being forced to play in pve in these time sinks .Dont even start me on our wvw server being destroyed by pve transfers.
I have almost 5k hrs play time on this game so no , Im not that casual either but I am halfway to my full set of celestial only to hear they will now be changing it & the concensus is that it will be rendered useless so please forgive me if im a little more than annoyed with the game as it stands today.
I don’t even feel like completing my set any more , in fact instead of playing I am here.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

There’s been a ton of updates for casual players.

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

first of all there are indeed people like you casuals, but also people like me hardcore, why everything should be about you and not me too? second 2 bosses and maybe fractals that i consider the only hardcore content is only 5% of the whole game, everything else is for casuals. complaining about that is just selfish

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

FenrirSlakt.3692

I was merely pointing out to the person that said “one boss doesn’t equal all” that all recent content release has been for the more hardcore players. For players still struggling to complete their full ascended set like myself who requires 300 of 1 material per day just for the time gated mats without even thinking of the others required to craft the components means either farming or buying which can be as much as 10g per day hence my struggle to to think wasting time on standing waiting for these new events for little to no reward is fun.
I primarily play wvw but we get locked out of improving out characters without being forced to play in pve in these time sinks .Dont even start me on our wvw server being destroyed by pve transfers.
I have almost 5k hrs play time on this game so no , Im not that casual either but I am halfway to my full set of celestial only to hear they will now be changing it & the concensus is that it will be rendered useless so please forgive me if im a little more than annoyed with the game as it stands today.
I don’t even feel like completing my set any more , in fact instead of playing I am here.

In 18~ months and about 20 LS releases, we’ve had some content that’s arguably hardcore, which is:

• Fractals of the Mists (higher levels)
  • Queen’s Gauntlet
  • Ascended Weapons
  • Tequatl
  • TA: Aetherblade Path
  • Ascended Armor
  • Wurms
  • Something else that I probably forgot to add.

That’s, give or take, seven things in one year and a half.
And, if you don’t consider Legendary Weapons to be hardcore content, I wouldn’t call Ascended Weapons hardcore either (I personally would not include the Aetherblade Path on the list, but I’m sure someone will point it out if I don’t).

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

Hi, I am also a casual player, I have very limited game time (job, family, hobbies etc), an I absolutely love Tequatl, fractals, and other higher difficuilty content. I see no need to cater especially for me, and bring me rewards for no effort on a golden plate!

Please continue making me work on my rewards, thank you!

ps. I managed to kill Tequatl for the first time few weeks ago. That felt good!

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

People love to zerg and Anet delivers zerg contents. Everyone happy….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Marionette is the opposite of zerg content actually- don’t know about wurm since I haven’t tried him yet.

OP I consider myself a casual player, I do enjoy different types content but I will simply not waste my time to farm for Ascended anything,
That said just because you are casual does not mean unskillful.

Why do you not try these new bosses and see for yourself?
Marrionette is one of the best designed encounters if not the best in the game- it is tonnes of fun too.

If you do not like this kind of thing however- don’t worry Anet is very aware that their player base mostly consist of casual players.

There was a quote recently that specifically stated that this update ( wurm ) was a nod to people who enjoy harder content and do not mind failing until they succeed.

This patch do also contain great story and once you get into Scarlet’s lair- the mystery gets very interesting

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

It’s not zerg content, it’s actually organized raid content. Unlike some other world bosses.

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Why do you not try these new bosses and see for yourself? Marrionette is one of the best designed encounters if not the best in the game- it is tonnes of fun too.

I did attempt the marionette. We failed, despite having more than enough people present on each lane, many of whom were knowledgeable about how the event worked and were directing the action. We managed to snap a few chains, it looked like we could possibly finish… But no. Complete waste of time.

I wouldn’t have minded so much except that I didn’t even really get any loot. Aside from the loot bag (that yielded me a piece of green armor), all I got were these grindy code pieces that require me to get 25 or 50 of to get anything at all… Seriously, what is with the recent living story chapters focussing on grinding? Collecting the tri-key pieces for Tower of Nightmares was bad enough…

For a casual player, the time needed to grind the living story, fully experience it and receive all the rewards can be prohibitive. The point of my original post is that increasing the difficulty like this makes it even more prohibitive and unattractive to casual players.

Consider this: A casual player might only have time to attempt the marionette once or twice over a couple of days; if they work full-time and have a busy family life, perhaps they’ll only find time to play once or twice a week. So if they attempt the marionette and fail each time – which seems quite possible – they have absolutely no chance of getting the living story reward in the two-week time limit.

I honestly don’t care if super-difficult world bosses are added to the game if they are a permanent fixture. But now these super-hard Tequatl-style bosses are blocking progress in the temporary content, and it means players like me are left in the dust.

It sucks that I probably won’t be able to get my sprocket node because I can’t dedicate the time to grind it. I really wanted one, too…

Posted by: UnDeadFun.5824

UnDeadFun.5824

In the never ending quest to improve our design and find ways to please as many people as possible we’re always digging into constructive criticism. We have not perfected the recipe for an open world boss event, probably because we’re pioneering new territory here.

As far as I can tell there are a couple challenges we are trying to overcome. First, we are trying to teach the community a new skill: self organization. And I’m happy to see that in the aggregate, they ARE learning. I’m sure as this process continues we will find better ways to accommodate the communication structures that will emerge.

Secondly, from both a technical and player-experience perspective, it’s best to break up zergs as much as possible. Thematically keeping everyone feeling like they are contributing to a common cause from multiple locations, and still feel heroic is an interesting challenge to balance. Always looking for new ideas on this issue!

They are moving away from zergs and more towards “organized content”. I don’t object but they should start giving us better tools to organize and communicate.

Posted by: Halbarz.3854

Halbarz.3854

I am a casual player and I support this kind of content. It is fun to see people gather and do stuff together. I do the wurms do’nt take me wrong when I can and like last weekend I just spend doing them. But for the rest I can’t play taht often.

1) for the ascended weapons folks
- I got a ascended weapon and I got it from fractals.
- crafting is also a way to do it.

2) Ascended gear
- I don’t have it, but lets face it who has ? I don’t see alot of people useing it.
- Is the stat difference big ? No and again you can craft it , just takes some time. But there is no gate system stopping you.

3) World bosses (wurm and teq)
- They are there and one day you might want to join them.
- They don’t drop anything special that you can’t get by other ways in the game
- Just like people said. 9/10 patches is for casuals
- 1 / 10 is for the bigger guilds, lets face it these events are great for guilds to bound and have fun.

regards
a person who is happy with the things he gets.
ps: we don’t pay a sub and we get plenty of things other games give crap or patch once a year and people aren’t happy.
take that into considiration.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Well, this is the second Living Story update that has featured raid-style open world content designed as end game goals for large guilds out of like…20 Living Story updates in total which all included casual solo/5-man content, story instances and fetch quests so…I think it’s safe to say there will be more content catered to you in the future…

And yet Wurm and Teq are the only content that drops special ascended gear and stuff. This isn’t content that players should cheerfully say “well, it’s not for me.” If they removed the reward chests then I suppose I could live with them though.

/second. Don’t try to tell me what armor I don’t need. If it’s there, I need it.

It’s a game, what I want is what I need, there is no distinction.

There was a quote recently that specifically stated that this update ( wurm ) was a nod to people who enjoy harder content and do not mind failing until they succeed.

Yes, and these people should get nothing. Willy Wonka style. Not to be mean, but there are plenty of games that reward that type of gameplay, GW2 should not be one of those games. GW2 should continue offering the best rewards to the people who like GW2 for what it is, not for those that want to import raid-style content from other games.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m a casual player, on weeknights I get 1-2 hours to play (and not every night) and about 2-3 hours on weekends. And having played since launch the only ascended gear I have is 2 rings. (I could probably have more, but I’ve chosen to focus on other things.)

I’d define hardcore content as anything that’s obviously intended to be a challenge for people who have already played (and completed where possible) the rest of the game.

There’s only 6 things I’d say come under that definition in Guild Wars 2: high-level Fractals, Liadri, Tequatl, the TA Aetherblade path, The Wurm boss and the Marionette. And importantly all of it is optional, not required to access anything else and even casual players can at least join in.

I’ve never tried Fractals but you’re not missing anything if you don’t get to the high levels, you can play through all the different Fractals on level 1 and get the best rewards from….level 10 I think?

I got Liadri down to 10%, really enjoyed trying and will beat her next time. The Aetherblade path was hard the first time I did it because no one in my group had done it before and we didn’t know what to do, but I’ve done it again since and it was relatively easy, I’ve ever gotten most of the achievements (and would have gotten Grounded if I’d been paying attention).

So that leaves the 3 world bosses. Firstly you can do the fight anytime, you don’t have to be in a big organised group, it’s just less likely that you’ll succeed. I’ve done all 3 fights, and gotten 4/5 chains severed on the Marionette just playing on random overflows (note: while guesting to other servers before anyone suggests this was overflows full of people who came to Desolation for a serious attempt).

But also 2/3 are permanent, so if you do want to succeed you can do it as and when you’re ready to. Sometime when I have 1/2 a day free I’m planning to join one of the guilds or whatever who does Tequatl for a serious attempt, they have a pretty good success rate so I’m confident that even with me there we’d succeed.

But most importantly all you’re missing out on if you don’t do them are items that are virtually identical to items you can get elsewhere. So even if you never even join in you can still do everything else.

Considering before launch Anet described the normal dungeons as ‘face-meltingly hard’ and talked about how they’d be a major challenge for most players and getting the Dungeon Master title, or even a full set of dungeon armor, would be a big achievement I’d say the game is actually more casual friendly than intended.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Everything in GW2 PvE is basically made for casual players that is why I keep seeing people getting fed up with the game, as there is no challenge in anything.

Even as a casual gamer you can beat this boss, just guest servers that have/will take it down. If you could run it over, there would be no point to it. No challenge, no fun.

I wouldn’t mind if they added less raidy bosses in Living Story, but added a lot of end-game content with raid-like quality (10 person dungeons) that would be HARD and have loot appropriate to the challenge. I’m more of a casual PvP player, and even I dislike content for casual players only as it contains little to no fun and becomes a grinding chore.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Some places in Arah and fractals are ‘hard’, ‘hardcore’, ‘difficult’, etc.
The teq-like boss content is just zergy, chaotic and needs a hundred drones performing repetitive tasks.
The Marionette, however, is an example of some beautiful engineering. THAT’S how the massive, coordinated content should look like. Not a blob, running to and fro among the oodles of champions. -_-

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Everything in GW2 PvE is basically made for casual players that is why I keep seeing people getting fed up with the game, as there is no challenge in anything.

And this is why we can’t have nice things…

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

/snip

Complete waste of time.

I wouldn’t have minded so much except that I didn’t even really get any loot.

/end snip

I suspect this is the true reason you didn’t like it.

/snip

…they have absolutely no chance of getting the living story reward in the two-week time limit.

/endsnip

As far as we know, this chapter is lasting longer than 2 weeks…or did you not read the dev’s posts?

/snip

But now these super-hard Tequatl-style bosses are blocking progress in the temporary content, and it means players like me are left in the dust.

/endsnip

What you are actually saying is that:
a. The content is too hard for you
b. There’s not enough loot for you
c. Anet should ignore everyone who enjoys hard content because you don’t like it.

I am a casual player. I have a life. I will never be able to get Ascended gear (and don’t really care to, either,) and I have no desire to get a legendary (right now.)

I am enjoying the hell out of these new encounters, and I hope ANet makes more like the Marionette.

What I am saying is that you do not speak for ALL casual players, and I take offense that you would say you are speaking on my behalf simply because you do not like the content.

Good day…

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It should be pointed however, that of the permanent additions to the game so far (Tequatl revamp, Wurm, Twilight Assault) all are aimed at hardcore crowd.

Edit: well, i forgot about the new fractals. Those are not that hardcore, but even they are well above the average fractal difficulty

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: HownDoog.8529

HownDoog.8529

Casual. Oh you mean 90% of all of the games content? The majority of events, dungeons, and world bosses? Okay.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

There are 2 bosses added with this update, Wurm for somewhat hardcore auditory and Marionette for casual.

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Endgame FotM isn’t necessarily fun in the same sense as a tricky 10-person dungeon would be. By the time you are making it difficult you have played the same content over and over and it loses its freshness.

Tequatl and Wurm are hard because it demands an abundance of people and having them follow instructions of a few people. Not really fun-hard, although I thought Tequatl was an improvement from being soloable.

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

And yet Wurm and Teq are the only content that drops special ascended gear and stuff. This isn’t content that players should cheerfully say “well, it’s not for me.” If they removed the reward chests then I suppose I could live with them though.

/second. Don’t try to tell me what armor I don’t need. If it’s there, I need it.

It’s a game, what I want is what I need, there is no distinction.

Yes, and these people should get nothing. Willy Wonka style. Not to be mean, but there are plenty of games that reward that type of gameplay, GW2 should not be one of those games. GW2 should continue offering the best rewards to the people who like GW2 for what it is, not for those that want to import raid-style content from other games.

Wurm and Teq are only encounters in game that are even close to level of dififculty that justify rewarding bis gear that is somewhat special and different.

Would you live with Maw and orr temples if they removed reward chests? They should, just because spoiled no-brain farmers go to press 1 and claim rewards. Oh wait someone is enjoying those events? Good, they will enjoy it just as same without rewards.

Also, I think ppl like you should get nothing for playing game modes that ppl like you enjoy. Willy Wonka style. See my point?

People should get best rewards for most demanding content, that is nature of rewards. Do you get biggest salary as janitor, even if you are person that most likes working in school?

Attitudes like yours are whats wrong with world today sadly, and I also suspect that someone has some growing up to do…

Posted by: class.4802

class.4802

It should be pointed however, that of the permanent additions to the game so far (Tequatl revamp, Wurm, Twilight Assault) all are aimed at hardcore crowd.

Edit: well, i forgot about the new fractals. Those are not that hardcore, but even they are well above the average fractal difficulty

Thing is initial release had nothing for hardcore crowd. casual players have enough they can do whilst hardcore players have nothing… Tequatl can be done by casual players if you guest into desolation like an hour up front

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

So then why are you saying everyone needs ascended gear?

If we can’t say what you need or don’t need, then you have no right to make such a blanket statement as “casuals are being forgotten” due to ascended gear as you are now saying they need ascended gear, you are telling them what they need. Or am I to believe your own words do not apply to you?

Plenty of people do fine in all aspects of the game (except high level fractals, of course) without ascended gear. The vast majority of this game is still extremely casual, as others have pointed out.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Danikat.8537

This is because they were added to balance out all the content in the game at release, which proved very easy and open to casual players.

It might be all the permanent additions (except Southsun and Fractals) but it’s still a tiny, tiny part of the game as a whole.

Danikat.8537

They’re not blocking progress on the meta-achievement either. You can get the daily achievement for just being in the Marionette or Wurm fight. The event doesn’t need to succeed or even make any progress at all and you personally only have to participate enough to get the bronze award for the event (which means attacking a few of the normal enemies that spawn during the event) then be on the map when it ends.

If you don’t want to do it 11 times you can do some of the other achievements too. If you’re interested in the actual story I highly recommend you check out Scarlet’s Secret Lair anyway and there’s 3 achievements associated with that (one for finding the lair, one for collecting power cores from energy probes in 5 different maps and one for killing 50 probe defenders).

There’s also an achievement just for doing the Vigil Escort quests that preceed the wurm, which should be easy to do on any map, and the Marionette Defender achievement for participating in each of the 5 lanes, again you don’t need to actually succeed at the event to get that one, or even make any real progress, just be there and you’ll get credit towards the achievement.

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Just going to c/p something I said in another thread….

Before the Teq update I remember seeing so many threads about how everything was too easy. Anet is trying to please their entire playerbase, including the people who wanted more hardcore content. There are still TONS of more casual friendly content out there, far outweighing the hard content. And this MMO, though it can be grindy and does include some hard content, is by far the most casual friendly MMO I have played.
If people killed these bosses as soon as they launched (didn’t marionette go down the first night?), we would see more people complaining that the LS content is always too easy. Hell, in my opinion, I still see marionette as pretty casual-friendly. There are really only two perma world bosses that have any real difficulty. One is still killed multiple times a day, the other was just released.
As said before, Anet is trying to please all groups of people, PVE and PVP, casual and hardcore, and just can’t win. Which is unfortunate, because in my own opinion, I think they did pretty well in doing so, and are continuing and improving this.
Edit: And just to add, I have not killed the wurm boss. I’m okay with this, and don’t expect to for quite some time, if ever. Let those people that get enjoyment out of coming up with specific strategies to complete puzzling and difficult content have their fun too. If it wasn’t fun for them, they would not be doing it.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Ohoni.6057

Even as a casual gamer you can beat this boss, just guest servers that have/will take it down. If you could run it over, there would be no point to it. No challenge, no fun.

I wouldn’t mind if they added less raidy bosses in Living Story, but added a lot of end-game content with raid-like quality (10 person dungeons) that would be HARD and have loot appropriate to the challenge. I’m more of a casual PvP player, and even I dislike content for casual players only as it contains little to no fun and becomes a grinding chore.

I guess my problem here is, if this is the attitude that you have, then GW2 isn’t FOR you. Yes, it is clearly lacking in hardcore challenging content. If hardcore challenging content is something you need from a game, then there are plenty of other games that offer it, games that aren’t GW2. GW2 is for players that enjoy casual, relatively pick-up-and-play encounters, and the more “hardcore” content they add, the more it pushes the core GW2 players away.

There are 2 bosses added with this update, Wurm for somewhat hardcore auditory and Marionette for casual.

Marionette is not casual. I’ve been on 5+ runs so far, and killed our own Warden on all but one of those runs, but never gotten past the third string on any of them.

Wurm and Teq are only encounters in game that are even close to level of dififculty that justify rewarding bis gear that is somewhat special and different.

Would you live with Maw and orr temples if they removed reward chests? They should, just because spoiled no-brain farmers go to press 1 and claim rewards. Oh wait someone is enjoying those events? Good, they will enjoy it just as same without rewards.

So that’s my point, have the new Triple Wurm just reward the same chest you’d get from the Caledon Wurms, and the new Teq just reward the same chest you’d get from before his update, and let players choose which they prefer, rather than feeling pressured to do the one they’d rather not just because they want the specific rewards.

done by now.”

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I guess my problem here is, if this is the attitude that you have, then GW2 isn’t FOR you. Yes, it is clearly lacking in hardcore challenging content. If hardcore challenging content is something you need from a game, then there are plenty of other games that offer it, games that aren’t GW2. GW2 is for players that enjoy casual, relatively pick-up-and-play encounters, and the more “hardcore” content they add, the more it pushes the core GW2 players away.

Says you. I say you’re wrong. I say that GW2 should have content that appeals to players of all types, not just casuals and not just hardcore raiders.

So where does that leave us? Thankfully, the devs agree with me, not you, and the game is in a better place because of it.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Just going to c/p something I said in another thread….

Before the Teq update I remember seeing so many threads about how everything was too easy.

Sometimes i wonder if a good portion of those claims were from people that barely touched the game and was in essence trolling the community.

Posted by: rotheche.2964

rotheche.2964

Consider this: A casual player might only have time to attempt the marionette once or twice over a couple of days; if they work full-time and have a busy family life, perhaps they’ll only find time to play once or twice a week. So if they attempt the marionette and fail each time – which seems quite possible – they have absolutely no chance of getting the living story reward in the two-week time limit.

…snip…

It sucks that I probably won’t be able to get my sprocket node because I can’t dedicate the time to grind it. I really wanted one, too…

The meta only needs 11 achieves, and you’ve got several weeks. Participate in each ‘lane’, whether successful or not, there’s your defender, and there’s at least a few of the dailies done; kill energy probes in different maps and that will give you both energy probe dismantler and defender slayer; get to the lair (you just need to have participated in the marionette fight to do this, and you don’t have to have succeeded); run with the Vigil in Bloodtide Coast, and that’s Field Supporter. Add a few more boss thumper dailies and you’re there without having to dedicate hours and hours per day, even without defeating the marionette.

Lilli Varss [OW]
Easily distracted mes—SQUIRREL!
GOM

Ohoni.6057

Says you. I say you’re wrong. I say that GW2 should have content that appeals to players of all types, not just casuals and not just hardcore raiders.

So where does that leave us? Thankfully, the devs agree with me, not you, and the game is in a better place because of it.

I think that just ends up pleasing no one, because the raiders feel that there’s not enough content to justify their attention, and the non-raiders feel that the raiders are getting the best loot (which they are). Again, if they completely remove the chests from the Wurms and Teq, then they can leave the events in, but those types of enemies should not have superior loot.

done by now.”

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

New content is better than no content.

If you don’t like it, voice your opinion and be done with it. Too many people getting upset over a video game.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I don’t mind the loot. I don’t have 4-6 hours a day to game. And that’s fine. It would be ridiculous to ask for the same loot that “raiders” should get.

My problem is with the wait time behind these sorts of events. It’s a huge time commitment.

I think the connotation of ‘casual gamer’ has drifted to terribad from the actual meaning of someone who just doesn’t play as much. Now I am getting very fed up with the attitude that these sorts of events should be reliant on PuGs. That is an affront to actual casual gamers imo.

Sure it’s fine for bad players because they can keep spamming 1 and failing for the next hours in the hopes someone will carry them but I don’t get that luxury. I know a lot of folks in a similar boat.

These should be instanced events or at least scaled within reason. Folks who play casually actually have the most reason to be well geared, experienced in their class, and want to spend the least amount of time waiting around and depending on random players.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

possessed.2036

I don’t mind the loot. I don’t have 4-6 hours a day to game. And that’s fine. It would be ridiculous to ask for the same loot that “raiders” should get.

My problem is with the wait time behind these sorts of events. It’s a huge time commitment.

I think the connotation of ‘casual gamer’ has drifted to terribad from the actual meaning of someone who just doesn’t play as much. Now I am getting very fed up with the attitude that these sorts of events should be reliant on PuGs. That is an affront to actual casual gamers imo.

Sure it’s fine for bad players because they can keep spamming 1 and failing for the next hours in the hopes someone will carry them but I don’t get that luxury. I know a lot of folks in a similar boat.

These should be instanced events or at least scaled within reason. Folks who play casually actually have the most reason to be well geared, experienced in their class, and want to spend the least amount of time waiting around and depending on random players.

FYI people don’t “spam 1” its auto attack , whilst they look like that’s all they are doing they are casting other spells as well. You can also quit using the term PUG as derogatory vernacular for people not in your particular group or party whom you automatically deem unworthy

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Sure they do. They spam themselves to death with confusion stacks almost every time. Why? Probably because they don’t know the game. They know “Press 1”.

That’s what a PuG is. Not my particular group or party. Random people I am being forced to rely on without a proper check of skill. That’s what I’ll call them.

You seem very offended by this. I think the content is very appropriate. Were it instanced, it would be perfect. There is no need to force players who value efficiency and strategic play to rely on players who don’t.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Hi.

I’m a casual player.

Thanks.

It’s all downhill from here on buddy. It’s time we quit and let the hardcore players play.

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You know when you see someone making a complete fool of themselves and you just feel bad for them? Ya, this thread is that.