Are "Gates of Maguuma" for lvl 80?

in Living World

Posted by: Revan.4653

Revan.4653

What is the required level to participate in “Gates of Maguuma”?

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I think it’s lvl80, I’m sure a dev said that S2 assumes you have completed your PS. But that might just be for the journal. So I’m not 100% sure

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Well, since there was the recent China release, it’s tough to say. One would expect it would be level 80, as per the previous releases, but since a large majority of China’s player base might not be level 80 yet, ANet may take a wiser option and deliver the content at a lower level range, perhaps 60? That is the approach they took with May’s “Festival of the Four Winds”.

This is speculation of course.

in Living World

Posted by: lucykate.6920

lucykate.6920

I think they said that the journal part will be level 80 because it is the next instalment for personal story. As far as open work content goes they may scale under level 80s up maybe, like they have done with previous patches. It depends whether the zone is going to be permanent or not i guess. They have mentioned Brisban wildlands on their tumblr so maybe it will be level 80 for the maguuma area and under level 80s can go to brisbane wildlands. As far as what you said about china Zalladi, aren’t they on a completely different version on the game so what level they may NA/EU GW2 area won’t have any effect on China’s game.

in Living World

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

As far as what you said about china Zalladi, aren’t they on a completely different version on the game so what level they may NA/EU GW2 area won’t have any effect on China’s game.

That’s what I thought at first as well, but this recent “Festival of the Four Winds” update was aimed at levels 15/16, whereas the Labyrinthine Cliffs was previously 80 in the “Bazaar of the Four Winds”. ANet’s reason for putting it at level 15/16 was so that Chinese players could experience the content.

Of course, the content was delivered at level 15/16 on both the NA/EU and China servers, so they might not be on different versions, at least update-wise.

We will obviously find out when the next update arrives in a couple of days.

(Apologies if this comment is confusing, I am terrible at general writing)

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

It has been stated that the Living Story chapters from this point onwards will be lv80. There will probably be non-80 content, but the permanent chapter of the living story you unlock by logging in during the 2 week release period will be lv80.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Living World

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

They may very well level you up for the initial release then make it a standard zone afterwards. Anets pretty keen on letting everyone at least have a shot at new content.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I sure hope so.

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I think it’ll be for level 80’s. I believe they even stated that “level 80’s will have the option of switching between their personal story and the living story”, or some such thing, meaning that while those below 80 will be able to unlock the living story for future content, they must either complete the personal story(which will likely put them up to level 80) or get to level 80 before experiencing the story. The zone, which is made with the presumption of the characters completing the personal story or being able to switch to the living story, will probably be a level 80 zone.

in Living World

Posted by: Gode Fridus.5607

Gode Fridus.5607

Season 2 is aimed at level 80:

“For the Living World story, you’ll be able to select which unlocked episode you’d like to play. Characters under level 80 will be able to see the available episodes, but will not be able to play them until they reach level 80. Think of the Living World story as the constantly expanding continuation of your character’s storyline once they reach level 80.”
Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-story-journal/

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Although the Journal episodes require Level 80 characters for access, the Open World content is available for everyone, at any time. New maps, zones, content, rewards, etc. may be for Level 80s or for any other level.

You can listen to the Devs explain Season Two and its implementation on their Twitch LiveStream (from a couple of weeks ago) addressing the upcoming Living World releases.

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

only lvl 80 means another mistake, up-scaling doesn’t work and it’s in an area where you can expect lvl -20.
for now, until they use that grey mass and think for a bit i have no hope for S2, just a bunch of grinding and zerging yet again.

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

its in an area where we could expect anything from 20 to 60
its not even next to a sterter zone.. its next to a zone after a starter zone

cough and even starter zones can lead into lvl 80 areas.. cough

karka island is lvl 80 as well
and if they handle it the same way
then during the event youre going to be upscaled
story is instanced anyway..
and after the event is over youre not going to be upscaled

at least i think its going to be this way
(if they add a new area remember maybe they just make brisban wildlands a bit larger and add a event that will in a few weeks be the pre event to enter the new zone..)

something like 45-60 would e nice..
but i think its going to be 80

in Living World

Posted by: fddlxs.1894

fddlxs.1894

I think that it’s going to be an 80lvl zone because in brisban wildlandsm, at fort vandalm, you can see a bunch of lvl 80 guys that are guarding the area. Maybie it has nothing to do with the lvl of the future zones but we cannot jknow until the update

Sorry for my bad english

in Living World

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I also think it’l be lvl 80, as for anyone who isn’t 80 yet, they might be upscaled like when the tower of nightmares was released in kessex hills or something (the story instance upscaled you to 80 and if i remember correctly, the tower itself, too)

in Living World

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

only lvl 80 means another mistake, up-scaling doesn’t work and it’s in an area where you can expect lvl -20.
for now, until they use that grey mass and think for a bit i have no hope for S2, just a bunch of grinding and zerging yet again.

There is also that portal in the tunnels ( I think in Norn area) that goes from 15-20 zone, to a 75 zone, where the NPC’s either side yell a warning not to go in there !

So they have done it before !

in Living World

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Hope its for lvl 80s only,stuff that low lvls can do usually end up with huge leech problems…

in Living World

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

It’s better be 80, there are only 2 level 80 maps in the game right now and EU/NA players are desperate for more interesting areas to roam. The lower level map is too easy even with the level downscaled since u have overpowered gears and traits. In fact, I think it would be great if there is an area packed with bosses and high level mob that makes it extremely difficult to process alone.

in Living World

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Maybe there are more maps. Brisbane Wildlands are 15-25, maybe there are 3 more zones for example. That could be 25-40, 40-60 and 60-80.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I really hope that it’ll be a level 80 because let’s be honest, who doesn’t have a level 80 character at this point? The game has been out for 2 years, content shouldn’t be balanced around people who just recently joined the game. We need a new map, with fresh content, tough enemies and new mechanics.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Living World

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t know. 500,000 or so people just recently joined the game, so….

As others have said, nothing says there will only be one map added in Season Two. Nothing says there will be any maps, added, actually…though I believe there will be a few added over the course of the season.

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I don’t know. 500,000 or so people just recently joined the game, so….

As others have said, nothing says there will only be one map added in Season Two. Nothing says there will be any maps, added, actually…though I believe there will be a few added over the course of the season.

Recently? It’s been a month, iirc. I am pretty sure most of them reached level 80 by now.

Why do you think that we will see several maps in this release?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Living World

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I didn’t say anything about several maps in this release. 0.0

It sure took me longer than a month to level up my characters, even the first one. But, maybe you are right, and most of the half million players have leveled up to 80.

in Living World

Morsus.5106

I hope this is an actual level 80 zone with no upscaling.

in Living World

Posted by: Rasp Sabreblade.5421

Rasp Sabreblade.5421

personally i would like to see 5 maps. the first one being a 45-55ish zone, the second a 60-70 zone, third a 70-80 and the last 2 be just lvl 80 zones.

I think this would be a nice progression to perminent content, considering these zones will hopefully remain after LS2 is over. This is just thinking about when ppl start new toons it would be nice to have a few other higher lvl zones, but not just max.

I am hoping for a few mor JP also.

in Living World

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I want a lvl 80 only zone and I hope that’s what we get tomorrow. There are plenty of other level zones already and only two zones that are lvl 80 only. (Frostgorge doesn’t count because it’s not lvl 80 only)

in Living World

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

It would make no sense to not scale players up to lv.80 when the zone arrives, else a lot of people would have no chance to play the living story when it’s new.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Living World

Posted by: Hobbs.9260

Hobbs.9260

The way I took it was that all living story stories and events will only be able to be played by lvl 80 toons exclusively, it is being compared to end game content. I also could have sworn I heard some dev in an interview call living story exclusively end game content. I bet we will most likely get at least one 80 map, but the rest hopefully will be a mix of different lvl ranges. We had lvl80 events spread out through all different lvl maps last season, I can see them doing the same this time too, including with the new maps the put in.

80 ele Deaths Misstress [DEAD] – Blackgate NA East Coast

in Living World

Hobbs.9260

It would make no sense to not scale players up to lv.80 when the zone arrives, else a lot of people would have no chance to play the living story when it’s new.

not really, you have to already have a lvl 80 in order to play the story and events. If you are new enough to not have a lvl 80 and have done the personal story, than you really dont have any business playing season 2 yet anyways, theres still so much you need to do already without worrying about season 2. That is why they put out the journals, for the ones that cant play yet can still have the ability to play it when they are ready.

in Living World

Hobbs.9260

I want a lvl 80 only zone and I hope that’s what we get tomorrow. There are plenty of other level zones already and only two zones that are lvl 80 only. (Frostgorge doesn’t count because it’s not lvl 80 only)

Sounds like more elitist talk, we need a good blend of all lvl maps not just exclusive to lvl 80. Also, you are most likely going to be very disappointed tomorrow, I highly doubt we will get a new map at all other than a revamped wildlands, much less lvl 80 exclusive map. That probably wont come for some time. Giving under lvl 80 maps will at least give new under lvl 80 players something of the new stuff that they can lvl in, even if they cant play the actual story yet.

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

upscale has never ever worked, that’s one of the reasons why i hope they ether add more then one zone to get from lvl 30-40 to something about lvl 60, or a zone that is big enough to blur the borders of levels.

in Living World

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Sounds like more elitist talk, we need a good blend of all lvl maps not just exclusive to lvl 80. Also, you are most likely going to be very disappointed tomorrow, I highly doubt we will get a new map at all other than a revamped wildlands, much less lvl 80 exclusive map. That probably wont come for some time. Giving under lvl 80 maps will at least give new under lvl 80 players something of the new stuff that they can lvl in, even if they cant play the actual story yet.

Lol, just lol, new under lvl 80 player have plenty of places to see and explore. The reason the game is dead is because they been cathering toward non lvl 80. Get real, the games been out for 2 years, veteran player have been starving for challenging content, Teq is old and can be kill by pugs most of the time now, evolve wurm gets kill 95% of the time by TTS daily.
Do you want more veteran players to leave the game?

in Living World

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I’m confused about the format of the new content..I read what it says about the Journal and so on, and it’s as clear as mud

When they say Level 80, do they mean your character’s level, or your Personal Story level? They never actually specify which they mean. My main character is level 80, but my PS is only at about level 35 or so, as it’s the most mindnumbingly dull and tedious content I’ve ever come across in any game I have ever played, so I’m unlikely to progress it any further really. Will I need it to be able to access the Living Story episodes?

in Living World

khani.4786

Lol, just lol, new under lvl 80 player have plenty of places to see and explore. The reason the game is dead is because they been cathering toward non lvl 80. Get real, the games been out for 2 years, veteran player have been starving for challenging content, Teq is old and can be kill by pugs most of the time now, evolve wurm gets kill 95% of the time by TTS daily.
Do you want more veteran players to leave the game?

Exactly. We already have multiple zones for every level range except lvl 80. Only makes sense to expand on the max level zones.

in Living World

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m confused about the format of the new content..I read what it says about the Journal and so on, and it’s as clear as mud

When they say Level 80, do they mean your character’s level, or your Personal Story level? They never actually specify which they mean. My main character is level 80, but my PS is only at about level 35 or so, as it’s the most mindnumbingly dull and tedious content I’ve ever come across in any game I have ever played, so I’m unlikely to progress it any further really. Will I need it to be able to access the Living Story episodes?

Level 80 Character, you need not do any of your Personal Story first, if you so desire.

From the News Blog: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-story-journal/

You do not need to complete the personal story on a character in order to play the Living World content, although it will make more sense if you do!

To go along with this change, we’re modifying the story Journal in your character’s Hero Panel so it will track all of your character’s story steps. From that panel, characters who are level 80 will be able to select between playing their personal story and the Living World story. For the Living World story, you’ll be able to select which unlocked episode you’d like to play. Characters under level 80 will be able to see the available episodes, but will not be able to play them until they reach level 80. Think of the Living World story as the constantly expanding continuation of your character’s storyline once they reach level 80.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

in Living World

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

I would bet that if it was a <80 map you’d turn around and complain that there is no “end-game” being added. You guys are so ridiculously hard to please that it’s not even worth trying.

I’m guessing it’ll be a lvl 80 map. With the megaservers, it is no longer a problem navigating a lvl 80 map with a <80 character.

in Living World

munkiman.3068

Looking at the behind the scenes video on twitch, the progress for the personal story looked to be around level 28ish. So i don’t think it’s you’re personal story that impacts the LS stuff.

in Living World

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I also think it’l be lvl 80, as for anyone who isn’t 80 yet, they might be upscaled like when the tower of nightmares was released in kessex hills or something (the story instance upscaled you to 80 and if i remember correctly, the tower itself, too)

A friend and me managed to get inside that fort and tried to hit them. We are underleveled there so we died in a gun shot. Next time we did bring reflect wall from guardians, they did reflect some hits but not even a 0,00001% health was done. All those lvl 80 are champions also and i guess we can’t kill them.

However, we found something in the fort… it was completely empty, towers and rooms, they had no furniture or even tables… but there was this: http://prntscr.com/3y0d33

Going across it does nothing, it’s just an animation, however it’s something that you can’t see from any part of brisban unless you specifically sneak into that fortress. So… my guess? we’ll use that portal.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

in Living World

Morsus.5106

Sounds like more elitist talk,

Except it’s not. Level 80s have one zone. At just about any other level, you have multiple zones at your level. If you aren’t done levelling yet, why do you need more content? You haven’t even played beaten the base game yet.

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m hoping it’s all level 80. Personally I’d like to see several lvl 80 zones. After all, if this is supposed to be post personal story, continued story that you can’t even access until you’re max level, then I would expect to be lvl 80 content wise.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: BuzybSevenSeven.4061

BuzybSevenSeven.4061

I would not mind more 80 areas but one or 2 buffer zones are need as a 20 to an 80 area would be a rough transition

in Living World

khani.4786

I would not mind more 80 areas but one or 2 buffer zones are need as a 20 to an 80 area would be a rough transition

You mean going from a starter zone to a 70-80 zone is bad? Tell that to the Norn. Wayfarer Foothills goes directly to Frostgorge.

in Living World

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I sure do hope it is a level 80 area with NO up-leveling !

in Living World

Kohlteth.3715

I didn’t say anything about several maps in this release. 0.0

It sure took me longer than a month to level up my characters, even the first one. But, maybe you are right, and most of the half million players have leveled up to 80.

72 here and I think the new traits suck btw !

Although I admit I have yet to see most of the post 60 levels as been lvling with a lower lvl friend !

in Living World

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

To ppl who are below 80, you have no room to talk. Come back when ur 80 and tell us what is there to do afterwards. The game already offer you plenty of sub 80 area to explore plus all those past living story. Us 80 have been waiting eagerly for challenging content since the game been release. I don’t know if the dev know this or not but us 80s are bored of the game and are starting to pack ours bags and move on to another game if the trend continues.
Don’t even get me started on upscale, they are a butch of leeches that takes up valueble slot and slows down the run by their low dps, not knowing, and refuse to follow instruction. I am looking at u crown pav.

in Living World

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

New content will require you to be lvl 80, but even if you are not 80 and cannot play it, as long as you sign in during the event, you will be able to play it anytime you want once you get to 80.

in Living World

Inculpatus cedo.9234

New Journal content will require you to be lvl 80, but even if you are not 80 and cannot play it, as long as you sign in during the event, you will be able to play it anytime you want once you get to 80.

Fixed to reflect what the Devs have stated. No requirements about Open World content have been determined, yet.

in Living World

Kohlteth.3715

To ppl who are below 80, you have no room to talk. The game already offer you plenty of sub 80 area to explore plus all those past living story. .

I could not agree more, having only 1-2 lvl 80 areas is BAD !!

Personally I would LOVE to be able to do past Living Story, but they have not enabled that ability yet

( I came late to the game, but would love to do the Escape Lions Arch, sadly I missed it, woulda been cool if they had tacked it onto the Personal Story somehow instanced or something to “Bring new people up to speed” so to speak)

in Living World

Posted by: pdemo.8312

pdemo.8312

Prolly this game is so good

in Living World

munkiman.3068

A friend and me managed to get inside that fort and tried to hit them. We are underleveled there so we died in a gun shot. Next time we did bring reflect wall from guardians, they did reflect some hits but not even a 0,00001% health was done. All those lvl 80 are champions also and i guess we can’t kill them.

However, we found something in the fort… it was completely empty, towers and rooms, they had no furniture or even tables… but there was this: http://prntscr.com/3y0d33

Going across it does nothing, it’s just an animation, however it’s something that you can’t see from any part of brisban unless you specifically sneak into that fortress. So… my guess? we’ll use that portal.

There is also an asura gate on the opposite side of the fort

I was actually putting 2 and 2 together, when i thought back on Majory’s sister saying she was heading off to Brisbane to deal with some strange bandit activity, which basically fits both the fort and the portal beyond the broken bridge.

Apparently building/repairing bridges is a really hard job for bandits, since they’ve been doing it since launch :P