How does my character know Mordremoth?

in Living World

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I assume our characters came to known the newest elder dragon name the same way how he/ she came up his/ her own theory on what Scarlet goal was (the character mention in sometime around attack on Lion Arch). In another word, he or she did some digging that we were unaware of despite controlling him/ her.

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

In the first Entangled instance, my character tells the NPCs that he thinks this is the work of Mordremoth.

Where did I get this information? Is this a result of my having played through the Crucible of Eternity, somehow gleaning the name of the Elder Dragon through Subject Alpha’s use of the Teeth of Mordremoth skill? I know the dwarven texts mentioned approximately six dragons, but has my character discovered some ancient text that revealed this particular dragon’s name?

“Where did Uni go? Oh, no, Venger took him!”
“Global warming again? Thanks, Obama.”
“Village destroyed by evil, sentient vines? Must be Mordremoth up to his old tricks again.”

TL;DR: I don’t understand how my character knows Mordremoth’s name, given that I only know it because I’ve seen it tossed about on these forums and on Reddit.

The others know about Mordremoth too, they don’t react like “Mordrewho?”, they gasp. Meaning that the dragon is common knowledge in Tyria. Especially to someone like your character, whose job is basically to stop dragons. Know your enemies.

yes, and that’s part of the problem. a dragon that previously no one even knew existed (yeah yeah, one guy in the priory suggests there might have been a sixth one), now his name is common sense. we didn’t know kralkatorrik’s name (or his existence) until he was already awakened. more precisely, glint was just telling destiny’s edge about him when he woke up.

you can twist and bend it however you want, the mordremoth namedropping was an oversight, and a glaring one at that. no, it doesn’t really affect the overall story, but it hurts the player experience when he goes “what? where did that come from?”

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

you can twist and bend it however you want, the mordremoth namedropping was an oversight, and a glaring one at that. no, it doesn’t really affect the overall story, but it hurts the player experience when he goes “what? where did that come from?”

I don’t think the average player cares about that as much as they do about Kas/Jory or the mere potential of Trahearne “stealing more glory”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

BrunoBRS.5178

I don’t think the average player cares about that as much as they do about Kas/Jory or the mere potential of Trahearne “stealing more glory”.

going by the multiple threads with dozens of posts this issue sparked, it seems most people are annoyed by the player character being used as the exposition dump of previously unavailable info, rather than have it unveiled as some sort of revelation (hell, we had more than one chance to have said revelation on this episode alone, including the final cutscene).

in Living World

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I assume our characters came to known the newest elder dragon name the same way how he/ she came up his/ her own theory on what Scarlet goal was (the character mention in sometime around attack on Lion Arch). In another word, he or she did some digging that we were unaware of despite controlling him/ her.

So, our Characters do things on their own? Well, this at least explains missing gold and random shiny junk objects in my bank.

“Dear Anet. I would like my ban lifted, as my Norn character was drunk and acting on her own. We have had talks re her foul mouth and she promises to stay sober.”

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

going by the multiple threads with dozens of posts this issue sparked, it seems most people are annoyed by the player character being used as the exposition dump of previously unavailable info, rather than have it unveiled as some sort of revelation (hell, we had more than one chance to have said revelation on this episode alone, including the final cutscene).

Going by how often I hear and read about Trahearne “stealing all the glory”, the unnecessary links to a certain video about Kormir, and the continued crap over Kas/Jory dialogue?

Nope, going to say “Mordrewho?” is not in the top three things on most players’ minds when talking about lore.

1. “Tree-hern stole mai spotlight!”
2. “Get a room you two and focus for two minutes before making kissy faces.”
3. “Why hasn’t Logan ran away again?”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

BrunoBRS.5178

Going by how often I hear and read about Trahearne “stealing all the glory”, the unnecessary links to a certain video about Kormir, and the continued crap over Kas/Jory dialogue?

Nope, going to say “Mordrewho?” is not in the top three things on most players’ minds when talking about lore.

1. “Tree-hern stole mai spotlight!”
2. “Get a room you two and focus for two minutes before making kissy faces.”
3. “Why hasn’t Logan ran away again?”

one (blown out of proportion) issue doesn’t excuse another. most people thought this was a glaring problem, it doesn’t matter if their perceived issues with trahearne are an even bigger problem to them.

lay off the snark.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

one (blown out of proportion) issue doesn’t excuse another. most people thought this was a glaring problem, it doesn’t matter if their perceived issues with trahearne are an even bigger problem to them.

lay off the snark.

Nah, I like the snark. If I lay off, people might start getting serious enough to demand duels with pistol thieves at dawn.

. . . and I don’t have one of those.

Honestly, how can you not snark at this game when it faceplants trying to do an acrobatic (cougar)ing pirouette off the handle of a now-nonexistent katana? Every time I find Guild Wars 1 or 2 trying to be deathly serious about something I have two reactions. At the moment, and for a short time afterwards it’s “whoa”, and then as time goes on and I find people don’t quite share the same reaction . . . I just have to laugh and poke fun because obviously it’s wrong to like something this terrible.

I want to like this game, and I want to get into the story. But other people just make it so hard, so it’s off to the Misty-3K seats with me and a bowl of popcorn.

in Living World

Posted by: james.5087

james.5087

I think that when you went into oddmads machine, your character learns about the dragon.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I think that when you went into oddmads machine, your character learns about the dragon.

Yes, but this name was dropped well before then.

in Living World

BrunoBRS.5178

i really wish it could’ve been that.

but as tobias pointed out, the order of the events is wrong.

in Living World

Posted by: SnubdubLuskon.1795

SnubdubLuskon.1795

Then my character’s backstory should have been conveyed better. I’ve played him myself for nearly 3,000 hours over the past two years, so if he had ever come across this kind of information, I should be aware of it.

Except you don’t play your character from birth to now. You jump into a life that has already been lived for many years, has passed through any book or combat teachings, and upon starting is already more than capable of taking on dangerous enemies.

it seems most people are annoyed

Most? Try a small few. The forums make up an extremely small portion of the player base.

(edited by SnubdubLuskon.1795)

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Except you don’t play your character from birth to now. You jump into a life that has already been lived for many years, has passed through any book or combat teachings, and upon starting is already more than capable of taking on dangerous enemies.

There’s a rather big difference between skipping trivial parts of your character’s life and skipping the revelation of the name and nature of a newly arisen major antagonist with apocalyptic powers who even happens to be a major part of the current story-arc.

This is like Darth Vader never telling Luke he’s his father, but everyone knowing that to be true anyway, without any rhyme or reason, from a certain point onward in the story. “Yeah, well, someone obviously found out off-camera and told everyone. They can’t show everything, sheesh!” That would’ve gone down well I bet.

in Living World

Posted by: spikyblackhair.4951

spikyblackhair.4951

There’s a rather big difference between skipping trivial parts of your character’s life and skipping the revelation of the name and nature of a newly arisen major antagonist with apocalyptic powers who even happens to be a major part of the current story-arc.

This is like Darth Vader never telling Luke he’s his father, but everyone knowing that to be true anyway, without any rhyme or reason, from a certain point onward in the story. “Yeah, well, someone obviously found out off-camera and told everyone. They can’t show everything, sheesh!” That would’ve gone down well I bet.

Basically this. As if Luke had just randomly blurted out during his first meeting with Vader “Uncle Owen was more of a father than you’ll ever be!”

I don’t use this expression often, but everybody would be like “…wat?”

in Living World

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Most? Try a small few. The forums make up an extremely small portion of the player base.

Same old tired excuse and the same assumption that everyone not on the forums shares your viewpoint.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Same old tired excuse and the same assumption that everyone not on the forums shares your viewpoint.

Of course, it’s better than the converse . . . where the assumption is “everyone agrees with me because …” Or the inverse, where the assumption is “everyone not on the forums must not agree”.

Myself, I still fall with a much more safe assumption – people not posting about it probably don’t care about it.

in Living World

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Myself, I still fall with a much more safe assumption – people not posting about it probably don’t care about it.

So that’s why my friends in-game are complaining about it, but never once have posted on the forums—because.. I don’t know, they like spending their time in-game rather than on forums?

People care, and people don’t care. Doesn’t change the fact that this has irked some of us. What they could do is slightly alter the beginning of the second episode to.. maybe.. find a new scrap of paper with some ramblings of a “mad woman”, mentioning a dragon and the name it bears. Some small dialogue around this. Call it done. Something other than the PC blurting it out when he/she shouldn’t even really know about it.

If anything, the fact that some of us care about this should be more of a compliment than anything else. We care about the story, the thing they are spending their time crafting away at. We’re paying attention, we pick up on stuff like this because we care.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

So that’s why my friends in-game are complaining about it, but never once have posted on the forums—because.. I don’t know, they like spending their time in-game rather than on forums?

I know, that’s such a weird concept, enjoying the game. Don’t people know if the game isn’t 100% perfect they have the obligation to stop playing and complain on the forums until it changes, then complain it took too long to fix?

Besides, according to these very forums (and map chat in several city zones and Dry Top), no “true” player really enjoys this game – those who say they do must be ANet employees shilling the product!

. . . yes, I know the sarcasm got a little thick there. But that’s a pound of sarcasm for a pound of sarcasm.

If anything, the fact that some of us care about this should be more of a compliment than anything else. We care about the story, the thing they are spending their time crafting away at. We’re paying attention, we pick up on stuff like this because we care.

I’d be inclined to agree, but I spent way too much time around nitpickers who tore stories apart and made lapses smaller than this into reasons the writer can’t be trusted with anything other than sock puppets for kindergartners.

And yes, I really do believe most players don’t care about this enough to warrant making a fuss over it. Why? It’s old news this sort of thing slips by.

“All mention of Abaddon was removed by the Five Gods after he was imprisoned? So where do we get the name of the mission ’Abaddon’s Mouth’?”

in Living World

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

“All mention of Abaddon was removed by the Five Gods after he was imprisoned? So where do we get the name of the mission ’Abaddon’s Mouth’?”

I… had never put all of that together.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in Living World

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

People our characters are commander of an organization designed to fight the elder dragons it stands to reason we know who the elder dragons are!

And yes that book might not specifically mention who Mordremoth is but I never came across a book thats just 1 paragraph long, when we interact with it we get excepts not the whole thing.

As for how we specifically know dragons are involved in the very first episode in scarlet’s room there is a book called the nature of dragons we even discuss it with kasmeer at some point. In the Fractured release back in season 1 we knew scarlet was playing with dragonic energy and lay lines while doing the thaumanova reactor fractal.

We dont specifically see us learn the name mordremoth but I think our characters do have enough information to connect the dots. We know its an elder dragon because we know that’s what scarlet was going towards and we know from what we’re seeing this dude is probably connect it to nature (cant see bubbles using vines and planted zombi dogs to do its bidding) and its very likely some book mentions a nature dragon like they mention fire, ice etc… Stands to reason a commander in an organization setup to fight them not to mention a leader of a group that also fights the same would know its name if it is known at all.

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Probably went more like:

You: (Oh man, everyone seems to look to me for guidance but I have no idea what the heck is going on, but I gotta tell them something they are just staring at me)
Taimi: “Boss, you’ve been pondering for three hours now, you gonna let us know what you think is going on?”
You: “Er, yes, well you see, with these vines and that roar we heard and all of this ley line stuff, this is clearly the work of an Elder Dragon” looks to see if everyone is buying the story
Taimi: skeptical “An Elder Dragon? Really? Which one?”
You: (Crap, she’s calling me out on this, OK, think, think, think) “Well, do doubt this dragon is using plants as weapons, and of course cough ancient writings speak of a plant-controlling dragon named gulp Mordremoth?”
Taimi: “You don’t sound too confident in that, what ancient writings?”
You: “The really ancient ones, you probably never read them…”
Taimi: “I don’t know, Commander, I’ve read pretty much eve—”
You: “THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER” storms out of room

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Living World

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Perhaps during that little mission in Istan where we witness Khayet and Varesh going all “hail Abbadon” the cat got out of the bag?

Just sayin. That was a fairly big clue, don’t ya think?

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So, having actually played through some of this last night, I think I agree that the name drop was a bit… much. Especially right off the bat.

I can go with the ‘my character is a super sleuth and I’m ‘uber smart’ and all, but I think there should have been some type of lead up to this. Maybe new clues that popped up over time during the previous release. Maybe some sort of lead in at the start here, where we’re doing some research. Hell, maybe even starting it out with we’re researching the vines and such, visiting the Priory. Maybe checking with some super old tribe leader of the Jotun. All of this leading up to ‘hey, this really sounds like it would fit the 6th elder dragon, Mordremoth. the puzzle pieces fit for a ’jungle’ dragon" Which could have been swiftly followed by the attack on the town in Dry Top, where we rush back to check on / save Taimi.

As it currently stands, it really feels like I missed a step somewhere. Like there was something I should have found, or something I should have read, or even something I should have done prior to the beginning of this chapter.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

that line up there is the only, the only, reference to a possible sixth dragon until living story.

That’s not necessarily true. As Crucible of Eternity implies that each section was designated for each specific Dragon. While inside you can even encounter excerpts of them talking about having a water-like specimen from an unnamed “Bubbles”.

However, with that said… nowhere but a skill name was Mordremoth’s name dropped. I was almost certain in Scarlet’s room that his name was mentioned but after completing the story you can’t go back into her room to re-read the NPC dialog.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Perhaps during that little mission in Istan where we witness Khayet and Varesh going all “hail Abbadon” the cat got out of the bag?

Wrong campaign. This was back in Prophecies, not Nightfall.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Also, needs to bear mention from me – Chuck Sonnenberg’s paraphrased notion:

“You don’t get credit for stuff you don’t put in the movie because, now try to follow this because it’s a pretty big leap, you didn’t put it in the movie. I shouldn’t have to wait months and watch all your deleted scenes to say ‘Oh, this finally makes sense!’ or pore through some non-canon books to say ‘Oh, so this isn’t a pile of nonsensical horsecrap after all!’”

in Living World

Posted by: Clonk.8403

Clonk.8403

My thoughts exactly, OP.

Things went a little too fast for my liking in the last chapter. I had to pause for a moment when my character pulled the name Mordremoth seemingly out of nowhere. No one acted all that surprised either, as if it was common knowledge. So I suppose we must assume that it was common knowledge, although it does not make it any less of a glaring oversight by the writers in my opinion.

But I consider this metagame knowledge and how exactly my character knows its Mordremoth and furthermore an Elder Dragon is beyond me. And later Taimi reveals that the tendrils attacking the waypoints are extensions of the Dragon itself. I do not remember how she was able to verify this, but it does not matter.

This was a plot-point that should have come much later, the first hint should have been at the end when you enter Omadd`s machine and you actually get a glimpse of the Eternal Alchemy and the make-up of Tyria so to speak. It would have made sense that you at least partially saw the ley-lines and perhaps even the location of the waypoints and how magic was being drained from them, indicating that an Elder Dragon was afoot. The machine could also have provided a rudimentary direction as to where the cause of this disturbance is originating from.

It feels like they just skipped a good portion of the story just to get the plot moving. The Pale Tree seems like our next destination and she could have been used effectively to that end to shed some more light on what`s going on.

(edited by Clonk.8403)

in Living World

RoyHarmon.5398

As it currently stands, it really feels like I missed a step somewhere. Like there was something I should have found, or something I should have read, or even something I should have done prior to the beginning of this chapter.

Hey, wait a minute… I think I understand now.

It feels like they just skipped a good portion of the story just to get the plot moving.

Yes! That must be what happened. It wasn’t a glaring mistake at all, it was just a bug that caused us all to skip the entire first instance of this episode!

- C. S. Lewis

in Living World

Posted by: Shardelyss.4807

Shardelyss.4807

I actually didn’t have much of a problem with this as I figured since my character was a well -learned sort of person who was afilliated with an organization that has tremendous knowledge at its finger tips… that he just knew and had discussed it with the others hence their lack of surprise.

But if I was writing this, I’d of put a previous scene where they see me talking to someone from the Pact before returning with several books that imparts this information. The problem seems to be a fear of having text only scenes that don’t mix with voice acting from the supporting cast.

But something like this is needed, even if it was all text based, we need something where WE move around, talk to people, and then come back and say “LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON MY OWN!”

in Living World

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Wrong campaign. This was back in Prophecies, not Nightfall.

Ugh, Indeed. I’ll go stand in my timeout corner of shame.

That still does not excuse the Mordremoth insta knowledge AOE bomb.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

The PC knows Mordremoth, because the PC is Mordremoth’s illegitimate child.

BTW, Jory is Lord Faren’s love child. That’s why here mom hates nobles.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Ugh, Indeed. I’ll go stand in my timeout corner of shame.

That still does not excuse the Mordremoth insta knowledge AOE bomb.

Nope. But as I said, not like they didn’t do it before where someone “missed a spot”. Even better is how we know there were X number of Bloodstones and never found more than three.

. . . and they might be pointless to the plot now.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m presuming that after CoE, the Pact and the Orders become aware of the existence of a probable 6th Dragon, and that either ancient lore or recent research turned up the name of Mordremoth. As Commander of the Pact, the PC probably sat in on one or more “information sessions” about the latest research on the Elder Dragons and picked up the name that way.

I do agree that there should have been a better way of revealing Mordremoth’s name to the player though.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Everyone can assume away as to how we know it, but the problem is someone slipped up and it made it in without substance explaining how we know it.

I mean, I assume it’s because of certain connections my character has cultivated in the last year.

Joe Bob the Prophet can assume he read it in the tea leaves leftover when he was sobering off a binge session of Belcher’s Bluff.

Until someone in game explains how the heck we know . . .

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The Guild Wars 2 story line has always had what I consider plot holes or logical fails. Look at the original personal story lines.

The human one near the beginning has you rescue either an orphanage or a hospital. When you get to the orphanage for example, it’s on fire with the bandits barricaded inside. Who in the world sets a building on fire and then barricades themselves inside?

The Norn starter instance where you earn the title of Slayer by killing Isomir. But the story behind it tells you something else. When you speak to Knut Whitebear he tells you: “By my own hand, I have brought the mighty wurm, Issormir. He waits above, in the plateau, for one such as you to challenge him.” Knut hunted that wurm down then somehow got him all the way up those steps and into that pen. After the animal was put in that pen by Knut we go over there and kill it, thus “earning” the title of Slayer. We get the title for killing an animal that was put in that small pen by someone else.

I made the comment a long time ago that they need either people trained as writers or people who edit for a living. Someone who goes through and specifically looks for logical inconsistencies.

in Living World

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

It’s possible that players got the information from Odgen’s writings and Crucible of Eternity materials that were gathered.

Possible they were given the knowledge by the Priory.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

in Living World

RoyHarmon.5398

The Guild Wars 2 story line has always had what I consider plot holes or logical fails. Look at the original personal story lines.

The human one near the beginning has you rescue either an orphanage or a hospital. When you get to the orphanage for example, it’s on fire with the bandits barricaded inside. Who in the world sets a building on fire and then barricades themselves inside?

The Norn starter instance where you earn the title of Slayer by killing Isomir. But the story behind it tells you something else. When you speak to Knut Whitebear he tells you: “By my own hand, I have brought the mighty wurm, Issormir. He waits above, in the plateau, for one such as you to challenge him.” Knut hunted that wurm down then somehow got him all the way up those steps and into that pen. After the animal was put in that pen by Knut we go over there and kill it, thus “earning” the title of Slayer. We get the title for killing an animal that was put in that small pen by someone else.

I made the comment a long time ago that they need either people trained as writers or people who edit for a living. Someone who goes through and specifically looks for logical inconsistencies.

I hear you. I thought the same thing about Issormir. I haven’t played the other one in a while; I know that whichever I choose (orphanage or VA hospital), the folks in the other one will die because there’s only one competent emergency responder in the entirety of Divinity’s Reach, and it’s me.

There were many times when it seemed like the writers were thinking, “You know, for this to really feel like a war, or for the dragons to really be a threat, we need to kill someone in every story arc. Maybe more than one. And the players just won’t feel it unless it’s a character they’ve come to like. We need to find more ways for characters to die.” It got to the point where they applied it not only to the players, but to the other characters as well. “You know, that NPC is too happy. They need to learn what war is all about! Time for them to feel loss.”

I eventually learned that if I found myself thinking, “Well, at least this guy isn’t dead yet,” then that guy’s next on the list. Otherwise, the game would just be too lighthearted.

Not quite the same as the plot holes you pointed out, but it’s what I remember feeling most strongly throughout the Personal Story, and the main reason why I haven’t finished it on more than one of my 8 level-80 characters.

- C. S. Lewis

in Living World

Posted by: qarinus.3869

qarinus.3869

Then my character’s backstory should have been conveyed better. I’ve played him myself for nearly 3,000 hours over the past two years, so if he had ever come across this kind of information, I should be aware of it.

You have clearly never played a sylvari, because the bolded is exactly what you do as one. Your personal story starts in your Dream before you awake and moves on from there. And given the PC has to ask lots of questions about the dragon they have a Wyld Hunt to kill (along with many other “common knowledge” types of things), I’m pretty sure they didn’t spend their time in the Dream boning up on Mordy.

in Living World

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Ok, fine, theorize all you want about how the PC may have gotten the knowledge from the Priory, from being a “Commander”, sitting in on meetings, etc.—But are you really saying that when you are not playing the character.. it goes around doing things on its own?

We had no affiliation with the Priory, prior to starting playing the character. We are introduced to the Orders as we progress through the story. We weren’t a Commander. This is all things that has happened as we control the PC. The years before we take control.. doesn’t really matter, we were a nobody, an insignificant person in Tyria. Only after we are taking control of our PC, is it that he/she becomes something greater. And we are a part of it, every step of the way.

Overall, there hasn’t been that poor plot holes in the story presented as far in Guild Wars 2. I’ve cared enough about reading everything and following the story they present to us, and nothing has jarred me as much as this name drop. It came out of nowhere. It didn’t make sense after how Episode 1 ended. It’s like this which we got, should have been Episode 3 and Episode 2 is lost for some reason. For all I know, maybe that is what is wrong here. Maybe we’re missing a whole episode somewhere. I dunno, something feels really off.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Living World

RoyHarmon.5398

It didn’t make sense after how Episode 1 ended. It’s like this which we got, should have been Episode 3 and Episode 2 is lost for some reason. For all I know, maybe that is what is wrong here. Maybe we’re missing a whole episode somewhere. I dunno, something feels really off.

I’ve seen that kind of thing before, and we see how that ended.

- C. S. Lewis

in Living World

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Do you remember the Tower of Madness , where the Merser chikka got hurt by a thorn ? Do you remember a book in a recent LS where it said : ‘’the victims didnt know that they where lead by me , without knowing ’’ ?
What is your character have been hurt from the thorn too (you fight day and night monsters , so your skin has more torelance to pain from that rich-fragile girl) and you are inside Mtrix inside now ? :P
We might see the same Sylvari Dream :P

in Living World

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I assumed that I must have skipped some piece of important dialogue with Aerin where he revealed the existence of Modremoth. But disappointed to see that it’s just an Anet writing team hiccup.

Gandara

in Living World

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

At the end of Season one there was this story instance with Marjory Kasmeer Rox Braham and Taimi in which you celebrate the demise of Scarlet, here it is mention that another dragon by the name of Mordremoth has risen and that everyone heard its roar.
IIRC

in Living World

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

Whos naming these Elder Dragons btw in the lore? beside devs

in Living World

BrunoBRS.5178

Whos naming these Elder Dragons btw in the lore? beside devs

the dragons themselves. we then learn those names through their champions (or rather, the dwarves and jotun did 10.000 years ago). zhaitan minions call zhaitan by name, same for jormag. kralkatorrik gets his name dropped by glint before he wakes up. i assume primordus has had at some point a champion that brought up his name, since the dwarven tomes list the names Primordus, Jormag, Zhaitan, and Kralkatorrik. the deep sea dragon is referenced, but no name is given, and no mention of our buddy mordremoth in them.

sooooooo that name came out of nowhere, lore-wise.

and even if you’re trying to cop out with “my character named him that”, the way the dialogue is written (and how the other characters react as if they know what that name means) proves that this line of reasoning is wrong.

in Living World

Teofa Tsavo.9863

In 3-4 months a book will be quietly slipped into the Priory with 3 lines of sketchy inference of how we all “knew”.

And the lore apologists will latch onto it like a drowning person grabbing a 12 inch stick as salvation.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I don’t think it’s quite that far.

It’s just “it’s over and let us never speak of it again”. You get over a lot of issues when you really like dealing with lore and there’s this one point which doesn’t make any sense. Like . . .

Why does Nicol Bolas get to be a Planeswalker and a godly-powerful being, and the other for Elder Dragons just get forgotten? He wasn’t even the best choice out of them for playability, back in the day.

Why is Bahamut in every Final Fantasy, but Tiamat only was in there once?

Why doesn’t the main character in Baldur’s Gate get stronger when other “lost relatives” die, but the one hunting you seems to keep growing stronger off that?

Why did crossing the streams work at all?

And most importantly . . .

Where the heck is Springfield?!

in Living World

RoyHarmon.5398

I’m… well, not quite surprised, but… bemused, maybe, that we haven’t seen any response yet on this. Maybe they’re busy working it into the next chapter. It could be like that scene with Yoda and Obi-Wan at the end of Episode III.

- C. S. Lewis

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m… well, not quite surprised, but… bemused, maybe, that we haven’t seen any response yet on this. Maybe they’re busy working it into the next chapter. It could be like that scene with Yoda and Obi-Wan at the end of Episode III.

Is that the one with the really bad directing? “He . . . was killing younglings.

in Living World

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

I think Roy meant when Yoda came up with Qui-Gonn’s return as a Force ghost out of the blue and urged Obi-Wan to learn this technique during his self-exile on Tatooine.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.