New Zone Location Predictions

in Living World

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

What do you think of this layout for the new zones? I dont think they will go any more north than this, and I think that 5 maps is the perfect amount of new maps. If they don’t make them all 80 only, 5 will allow for maps with levels of 25-35, 35-45, kitten, 55-70, and 70-80. I hope that each of these maps include world completion stuff so we can choose to go level up there. If they give us 5 new full maps, a dungeon, and 2 jumping puzzles, I couldn’t ask for more

Attachments:

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

in Living World

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

you are expecting way too much

in Living World

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

Why? If they roll them out slowly over the 6 months or whatever this will take, I think 5 is reasonable. I dont believe that they would only do 2 or 3 maps and leave the rest of the maguuma wastes alone. They learned from southsun that in order to make a map people will go to forever, they need to add hearts and such, and how much extra effort can adding hearts be?

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

in Living World

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

Didnt they already say no more hearts in lvl 80 content ?

in Living World

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

I don’t recall them saying that all the new S2 content would be lvl80 only.

in Living World

Posted by: Hobbs.9260

Hobbs.9260

I think ruffly 5 or so maps is about right on for what we will get, but i dont think we will be going as far north as you are thinking. I have a feeling that we will also be getting part of Magus Falls. If you look at the area just south of Wildlands and west of Metrica, it looks like there is a defined border of a map that will include the circle thing that you are thinking there will be a dungeon at. The reason I say this is because it reminds me of the way borders of already existing maps are prior to filing in the map normally.

80 ele Deaths Misstress [DEAD] – Blackgate NA East Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

Characters under level 80 will be able to see the available episodes, but will not be able to play them until they reach level 80. Think of the Living World story as the constantly expanding continuation of your character’s storyline once they reach level 80.

Kinda refers to it being post 80. Why would they add more low level zones when the LS2 is for post 80 ?

in Living World

Hobbs.9260

Yes they did say that all living story season 2 content will be exclusive to only lvl80, it is meant to be only considered as end game content(I don not have a specific link). I think that will only be for the story content and living world event content. That does not nessassarily mean the new maps will be all lvl 80 maps. We had lvl80 living story events in season one spread all through the different lvl maps. Just the specific events within the maps were scaled up to lvl 80. This will most likely be how they do it in season 2 too.

in Living World

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

Characters under level 80 will be able to see the available episodes, but will not be able to play them until they reach level 80. Think of the Living World story as the constantly expanding continuation of your character’s storyline once they reach level 80.

Kinda refers to it being post 80. Why would they add more low level zones when the LS2 is for post 80 ?

Then there will not be ANY new Race added during the Living Story ever. If the LS will be nothing but 80+ then no place for them to add a new starting zone.

in Living World

Hobbs.9260

refer to my last post, was typing it when you replied.

in Living World

Hobbs.9260

Then there will not be ANY new Race added during the Living Story ever. If the LS will be nothing but 80+ then no place for them to add a new starting zone.

Not sure where a new race was ever in this conversation, but ok.

in Living World

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Yea back to the original topic of conversation, I would argue that if they were to expand out as heavily as players would like in this season, itd be likely that the big lake on the world map would be a pretty much a full zone, rather than split across 3.

Not only would this eliminate the need for blocking off players via invisible barrier tactics, but would give Anet the chance to promote development of underwater mechanics… altho i do understand its not exactly a favourite aspect of the current game, there is still potential and would add to zone variety within the maguuma region.

It makes sense aswell, looking at the world map you can see a few big lakes like this that are sized suspiously similar to exisiting larger zones. Namely the one im talking about and the one to the left of DR.

in Living World

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

That’s way too far north. Magus Falls has to be in there. And that circular area (where you think a dungeon might be) should all be in one zone, no reason to split up Dry Top.

in Living World

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

New zone prediction: Maguuma

in Living World

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I do not think we are going to get a new full zone this update its going to be an add on to the existing map (you can see it on the map now) and a instated story line thing. I think there going to be a new zone in the update after or a few updates down the rode for S2.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Living World

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

New zone prediction: Maguuma

Mind = Blown

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

in Living World

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

My guess would be that the areas directly north and west of Brisbane will be opened, but any others would be south and west of Brisbane.

in Living World

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

a few things to consider:

1.)Currently all races have a personal story leading to 80: That means that Anet would need to build a brand new starter zone, capital city, and leveling zones (unless they combine with nearby ones) as well as an entire 1-80 storyline if they want to keep in consistency with current Races. (in other words…this will probably never happen)

2.)Anet have said that it takes them roughly 1-year to create a single map…good luck hoping for 5.

3.)The game is currently lacking end-game content beyond Orr and Fractals (PvP is considered by many as end-game as well) meaning the complete lack of level 80 zones, and max power level zones is more than likely the next target.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Living World

Posted by: JLHiggs.6258

JLHiggs.6258

2.)Anet have said that it takes them roughly 1-year to create a single map…good luck hoping for 5.

I would love a citation for this claim.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It was somewhere in the wvw subforum, not long ago back if my memory serves me. There was a discussion about EOTM and how players wanted more maps, but why a regular number of maps isn’t viable (ie one a year)

I have a feeling it was geared to wvw and the length of time had a much to do with balancing as design, but you’d have to trawl through a few pages of dev tracker to find the whole convo.

in Living World

JLHiggs.6258

I will be honest, I don’t troll the WvW forums with much regularity, but I spend quite a bit of time on the discussions catering more to PvE.

I imagine, thinking even about what they’ve released in terms of fractals, dungeon paths, season one instanced content and zone changes that they can produce more than 1 map a year in PvE.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I will be honest, I don’t troll the WvW forums with much regularity, but I spend quite a bit of time on the discussions catering more to PvE.

I imagine, thinking even about what they’ve released in terms of fractals, dungeon paths, season one instanced content and zone changes that they can produce more than 1 map a year in PvE.

I would expect so too and I expect a larger team perhaps on a set of maps too. ALso, there is the theory the unreleased zones may have been worked on prior to release. Or at least some framework.

All speculation mind you…we will find out tomorrow what we are going to get!

in Living World

Hobbs.9260

a few things to consider:

1.)Currently all races have a personal story leading to 80: That means that Anet would need to build a brand new starter zone, capital city, and leveling zones (unless they combine with nearby ones) as well as an entire 1-80 storyline if they want to keep in consistency with current Races. (in other words…this will probably never happen)

3.)The game is currently lacking end-game content beyond Orr and Fractals (PvP is considered by many as end-game as well) meaning the complete lack of level 80 zones, and max power level zones is more than likely the next target.

1.) no one has ever said in this conversation anything about a new race, I highly doubt anyone in the entire game is actually expecting to get a new race, so that point is moot.

2.) whether it takes a year or not, i can imagine some of the maps we will be getting this season has been being worked on since launch if not at least a year. Also considering that this season is being compared to a expansion level season I would say 5 or so maps is very likely. Especially considering that a expansion usually holds more than that.

3.) you are absolutely correct, which is why I am looking forward to season 2 so much because it is supposed to be exclusively end-game content.

in Living World

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Here are two visuals.
Honestly, nobody knows. Could be 1, could be 10; could be all right away, could be all over the entire season.

Note:
This isn’t exactly what I, personally, expect or wish for. Just throwing some visual aid out there as far off possibilities.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Living World

Hobbs.9260

IDK I wouldnt mind either of those examples, although the top one is by far more likely, maybe not in placement but in quanity.

in Living World

StinVec.3621

IDK I wouldnt mind either of those examples, although the top one is by far more likely, maybe not in placement but in quanity.

Do you think one of these may be a little bit better in positioning and possible connecting points?

Attachments:

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Living World

Hobbs.9260

Do you think this one may be a little bit better in positioning and possible connecting points?

I guess any of them could be just as good as the others. One thing I did like on the top first one was how all of that circle thing was in one zone, that is one thing I would expect to happen.

in Living World

StinVec.3621

Do you think this one may be a little bit better in positioning and possible connecting points?

I guess any of them could be just as good as the others. One thing I did like on the top first one was how all of that circle thing was in one zone, that is one thing I would expect to happen.

Modified and added a second image to have Dry Top contained within a single zone. I wouldn’t expect it to be split either.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here you go: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/How-hard-would-extra-maps-be/first#post4114939

…1) It takes a very large amount of time and effort to make a new map. It’s definitely more than a 6 month process from start to finish. Especially if we are talking about building a new borderlands taking all the thing we’ve learned since the game came out into account. With that in mind it’s a big task. It took us a little under a year to get EotM built and shipped from conception to release. So that is a more reasonable timeline for a new map….

in Living World

JLHiggs.6258

Appreciate you hunting that down. I would think, however, that WvW and PvE are apples and oranges. They have different development goals, development teams, resources available, etc.

I don’t know if that necessarily means that the PvE team can churn them out faster, but their track record on new content (fractals, new events, event redesigns, living story instanced content, Southsun and more) would seem to indicate a little more available resources than WvW.

in Living World

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, that may be true. Though, I would think creating a new map for PvE (as opposed to WvW) would entail a lot more development resources considering all the DEs, NPCs, dialogue, etc. that contain.

Unless a Dev comments stating empirically, ….who knows? =)

in Living World

JLHiggs.6258

I suppose I am trying to remain as optimistic as possible about the prospect of expanded PvE content. My hope is two additional maps, realistically. One would not disappoint me, assuming the DEs on the map make it worth the time.

in Living World

Hobbs.9260

Yes, very good job hunting that down, and thank you. Although I think your effort was in still proving yourself wrong. Like it says – about a year from conception to release. I would say it is almost a positive that the concept and on paper layouts of these maps were started even before launch, I would also put money on that even some of the actual making of some of the maps were started not too long after that.

in Living World

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Proving myself wrong?? Lol, all I did was provide the link. I never made any statements about how long it takes to make a map beforehand.

If the Devs say it takes a year for a map, I would guess it does. If it takes a different amount of time, depending on the play-mode, we have yet to hear. Except for the definitive statement, all else is conjecture. /shrug

in Living World

Hobbs.9260

I wasnt refering to the point you made about a map taking a year to map, and my wording was probably bad in that aspect, I apologize. I meant more in how you said we shouldnt expect a decent amount of maps because of this fact. The point I was making was that these maps have probably been worked on for at least a year if not more, considering that time frame included conception to release.

in Living World

StinVec.3621

I wasnt refering to the point you made about a map taking a year to map, and my wording was probably bad in that aspect, I apologize. I meant more in how you said we shouldnt expect a decent amount of maps because of this fact. The point I was making was that these maps have probably been worked on for at least a year if not more, considering that time frame included conception to release.

I think you are mistaking Inculpatus cedo for Zietlogik. Inculpatus cedo has made no such statements in this entire thread that you claim they did. All Inculpatus cedo did was be quite helpful by supplying the link to the statement by ANet that Zietlogik made reference to.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Living World

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Thanks, StinVec. Lol. Thought maybe I had a ghostwriter or something! =)

in Living World

Hobbs.9260

I think you are mistaking Inculpatus cedo for Zietlogik. Inculpatus cedo has made no such statements in this entire thread that you claim they did. All Inculpatus cedo did was be quite helpful by supplying the link to the statement by ANet that Zietlogik made reference to.

Oh… :p sorry my bad lol. I was talking to somebody is all I know lol, I guess next time I will go back to see if it was the same person haha.

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I can’t see any reason why it will be more than 1 MAYBE 2 maps for LS2. I haveno idea what’s going on at anet, but that seems like a lot of work in development testing and cleanup, given they most likely would’ve started work on these at start of LS1 at the earliest.

in Living World

Hobbs.9260

I highly doubt they started working on these maps as late as the start of season 1, some of these maps have probably been worked on, even at the very least on and off since launch.

this season was compared to by a dev as an expansion level season, there is no way only 2 maps could be even close to considered as expansion level.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

If anything is level 80 required, the zone will likely boost players automatically. Just like Nightmare Tower and both evacuate and assault on Lion’s Arch.

in Living World

Hobbs.9260

They did say that season 2 was going to be only for lvl 80, it is considered end-game content, this does not nessasrily mean the maps will be lvl 80 just the story and events. They also said there will be no up leveling for this content either, again though this most likely does not include the maps just the story and events. On top of all that they even said that the story was written assuming that the PS was already done, also assuming that you are already level 80.

in Living World

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I highly doubt they started working on these maps as late as the start of season 1, some of these maps have probably been worked on, even at the very least on and off since launch.

this season was compared to by a dev as an expansion level season, there is no way only 2 maps could be even close to considered as expansion level.

Actually, these maps were almost done before launch

http://youtu.be/52OKujQzCrE?t=1m50s

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I would guess that, if we were to see new maps, it would be Majesty’s Rest + Sage Lands, Dry Top + Ettin’s Back, and possibly Reed Bog +The Falls if they go that far.

in Living World

Posted by: rincevent de ankh.6531

rincevent de ankh.6531

I think we will be there :

Attachments: