[Spoilers][Speculations] The voice ...

in Living World

Posted by: neilug hyuga.5634

neilug hyuga.5634

Hi everyone !

Warning !Spoilers if you didn’t already finish the Chapter 5 !

It seems to me that nobody is talking about the Voice who gives the Egg to the Master of Peace.

Ogden taunted us by like :

• “But… You already know !”
  • “You don’t?”
  • “Haha, okay, you will see later”

But it bothers me !!!! Nobody have an idea who he/she can be?!

I know a lot from the Guild Wars Lore, but I have really NO idea who he/she can be.

My littles speculations are :

The Glint’s spirit or the baby we saved in GWEN (that was a mission).

Any crazy thoughts guys?

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Sadly i played that part twice, and both times the crystal segments were silent…

in Living World

Posted by: Canker Bush XI.7423

Canker Bush XI.7423

All of the crystal segments were silent for me. I just saw a few scenes of a guy bending down, and one where he got an egg. Then the Detective Duo used exposition to thankfully interpret what I’d been seeing.

Charr Baron Goldlocke, Snagbear Warband, Ash Legion, Whispers Lightbringer, Compact Commander

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

All of the crystal segments were silent for me. I just saw a few scenes of a guy bending down, and one where he got an egg. Then the Detective Duo used exposition to thankfully interpret what I’d been seeing.

Yes all of the crystal holograms were silent except for the last one. The last one specifically had a voice over in it and I’m not talking about the forced couple that they throw our way every chance they get.

in Living World

Posted by: CalmestChaos.2463

CalmestChaos.2463

99% sure it was glint saying that. after all ,the zepherites almost worship glint, and it was heavily speculated that glint gave them one of her eggs since they first appeared.

in Living World

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Yes all of the crystal holograms were silent except for the last one. The last one specifically had a voice over in it and I’m not talking about the forced couple that they throw our way every chance they get.

Lol they’re not any more forced than any other relationship in the game. D’you expect them to act like they’re just friends if they’re in a relationship? I don’t understand the hate so many people have.

On topic, I don’t recall ever hearing any voices during the Lair story.

in Living World

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

99% sure it was glint saying that. after all ,the zepherites almost worship glint, and it was heavily speculated that glint gave them one of her eggs since they first appeared.

Glint had a voice in GW1 that was distinctly female and did not at all sound like the voice in the hologram. Unless the voice was distorted, I really don’t think its Glint.

Glin’t baby from EOTN all grown up maybe?

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Maybe a dwarf, or the “Great Dwarf”?

It would make sense since the dwarfs were the predecessors, and therefore passed on their duty to the Zephyrites by handing down the egg.

On the same note, if Odgen believes we know who the voice was, maybe it was Odgen himself?

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I didn’t hear a voice, either, but a lot of sounds haven’t been loading in my game lately.

As for theories on who the voice is, one of the possibilities might be E. We only know it was the Master of Peace there in the lair, but nothing said that he went alone. I doubt it’s Glint, as she clearly died a few years before the main story started. They also made it pretty clear that the dead stay dead (outside of necromancy, and that’s just for minions).

in Living World

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

This struck me as the most interesting part of this episode and I’m surprised so few people are speculating about it. Perhaps it’s because of a bug some people are mentioning?

My 2 cents? We’re digging a lot into GW1 lore with this episode plus the whole Rytlock-in-the-Mists business seems to add up to a likely possibility one of the six Human Gods is taking the stage again, and given the voice was male, that leaves only a few options if this is indeed the direction the story is taking.

Either way, more GW1 ties may just preserve my interest in the game, something living story season one almost destroyed.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I only heard a voice at the very last one, with the egg. It was so distorted I couldn’t tell if it was male or female or even what the heck it was saying.

Maybe on my additional times through the story, I’ll be able to hear it.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

More likely to be a high priest of the forgotten, if they still inhabit the desert anyway.

No one’s ever confirmed that glints old snake people guardians have left tyria for good, and if I remember correctly there were more than a few down in abbadons Lair as well.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Living World

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

It was very distorted I couldn’t even understand what did the voice said. But, it was probably from someone we know, because Ogden was surprised when we didn’t know who it was that gave the egg to the Master.

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

/spoiler

It was Scarlet. Confirmed that she’s not dead and will be an integral part of all future Living Stories.

<3

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Living World

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

/spoiler

It was Scarlet. Confirmed that she’s not dead and will be an integral part of all future Living Stories.

<3

you disappointed me here… it was not Evon? :p

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Evon is too busy fighting Tyria’s other great evil, Kiel.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Maybe a dwarf, or the “Great Dwarf”?

It would make sense since the dwarfs were the predecessors, and therefore passed on their duty to the Zephyrites by handing down the egg.

On the same note, if Odgen believes we know who the voice was, maybe it was Odgen himself?

The Great Dwarf is kind of a metaphor. When the Dwarves all turned to stone to fight Primordius they became a collective with a hive mind – they are the Great Dwarf.

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

I always thought that the memories we were viewing were from after Glint had died and the Zepherites went to her lair. I remember in the previous LS releases it was said that they rushed to her lair after they found out she was dead in order to get to her remains before anyone else could (possible it might be from books/notes in Dry Top).

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

So can anyone figure out what it said? I heard it, but couldn’t make anything out.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: lerak.5286

lerak.5286

Mysterious Voice: You must promise to protect it with your life. Will you?
Marjory Delaqua: What…was…that?
Kasmeer Meade: It couldn’t be…
Marjory Delaqua: We need to speak with Ogden immediately. Let’s find a way out of here. .

Considering it seems Kasmeer recognises the voice, I’d think it might be one of Destiny’s Edge’s members. Though unlikely, why not even Logan trying to repair the damage of his choice?

Gabriel Angelheart – Far Shiverpeaks

in Living World

Tanith.5264

Hmm…interesting. I know of only one voice actor from Destiny’s Edge who has such a deep voice…

Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

lerak’s beat me to it, but like most cutscenes, what the mysterious voice says is put in the chatlog, so if you ever don’t catch a line from a cutscene, you can look for it there. I have it screenshotted. :P

There are a few theories flying around, such as Glint’s hatchling from EOTN, another Brotherhood member, a Forgotten (although I imagine their voices quite differently) or a god or a representative therof.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Tanith.5264

Dang, it never even occurred to me to check the chat log.

Well, I have my own ideas on whose voice that might be. I’ll keep ’em to myself…for now.

Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Mysterious Voice: You must promise to protect it with your life. Will you?
Marjory Delaqua: What…was…that?
Kasmeer Meade: It couldn’t be…
Marjory Delaqua: We need to speak with Ogden immediately. Let’s find a way out of here. .

Considering it seems Kasmeer recognises the voice, I’d think it might be one of Destiny’s Edge’s members. Though unlikely, why not even Logan trying to repair the damage of his choice?

While it is possible that Kasmeer reaction was aimed at the voice, it was my understanding that what she was reffereing to was the egg. Since they only now found out after having thought all were destroyed.

(edited by dsslive.8473)

in Living World

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

I am feeling like I missed out on so much now. All my hologram scenes were complete silence, even the last one. :/

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

I am feeling like I missed out on so much now. All my hologram scenes were complete silence, even the last one. :/

It is ONLY the final one that is voiced. The rest are silent. The dialogue is quite quiet, so it’s possible you just didn’t hear it. You can always play back through and have a listen at the end!

in Living World

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Hi everyone !

It seems to me that nobody is talking about the Voice who gives the Egg to the Master of Peace.

Probably because nobody is hearing ‘the Voice’ thanks to ANet’s shoddy programmers.

in Living World

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

With every update come new audio problems, sadly. I also didn’t hear any voice.

in Living World

dsslive.8473

Hi everyone !

Probably because nobody is hearing ‘the Voice’ thanks to ANet’s shoddy programmers.

I heard to voice, so have others, so obviously it isn’t “nobody”

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

It is ONLY the final one that is voiced. The rest are silent. The dialogue is quite quiet, so it’s possible you just didn’t hear it. You can always play back through and have a listen at the end!

Meh, every other line from a NPC was not voiced during my playthroughs. So it is quite likely that it never played at all.

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

If no NPC’s were voiced for you perhaps you should check the audio settings and make sure Dialogue is on full.. Maybe even turn everything else down and turn your speaker/headphone volume up?

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

This is the biggest reason I wear headphones when playing. Sometimes, little sounds like these are drowned out. For example, did you know the mini pet from Halloween, the Mad King’s pumpkin head?

It laughs.

But, as far as the voice, yes I heard it too. Distorted, but definitely there. Figured it was Glint. Could be this happened before her death? A ‘just in case’ measure before everything fell apart.

We’ll see.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

dsslive.8473

This is the biggest reason I wear headphones when playing. Sometimes, little sounds like these are drowned out. For example, did you know the mini pet from Halloween, the Mad King’s pumpkin head?

It laughs.

But, as far as the voice, yes I heard it too. Distorted, but definitely there. Figured it was Glint. Could be this happened before her death? A ‘just in case’ measure before everything fell apart.

We’ll see.

It isn’t Glint. We know her voice and its a very clearly feminine voice. (she spoke to us in guildwars 1) While the mysterious voice was rahter masculine, low and heavy voice

in Living World

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

A deep and booming voice? Its quite the Mister E!

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t think Ogden’s comments are meant to imply we’re supposed to know who the voice is.

Based on his comment afterwards about how “Well, you aren’t meant to know yet, then” and the fact that he mentions earlier that the images show you what you need to see, my interpretation is that he thought the vision we saw would have revealed who the voice came from, but he was mistaken. He thought that whatever entity gives the visions would deem it time to reveal the source of the voice, but it didn’t. In fact, exactly the opposite, it seems the vision deemed to specifically distort the voice so as to make it NOT recognizable (at least it sure sounds purposely distorted to me).

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

I think he was surprised that we didn’t know/hadn’t figured it out…

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I didn’t hear the voice either. The cutscenes for the Eternal Alchemy and the Pale Tree vision were both silent for me too.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Living World

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

same problem here, a designer had some solution (something with the stereo-sound options… can’t remember) but it didn’t work for me.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Living World

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Hi everyone !

Ogden taunted us by like :

• “But… You already know !”
  • “You don’t?”
  • “Haha, okay, you will see later”

But it bothers me !!!! Nobody have an idea who he/she can be?!

I know a lot from the Guild Wars Lore, but I have really NO idea who he/she can be.

My littles speculations are :

The Glint’s spirit or the baby we saved in GWEN (that was a mission).

Any crazy thoughts guys?

Here are my crazy thoughts. Well you asked for it!

It was the voice of Magister Illyrio Mopatis.

Just kiddin’, of course.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

in Living World

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

I’m quite sure I heard a deep voice after deciphering the books. Here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2lYEozZmSk&t=39m55s

I can’t make it out what it says though

in Living World

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I heard the voice myself. It was deep, but also seemed gender-neutral which made me think it was Glint prior to her death. DE’s stuff was not too long before the events in the game and Glint could have passed the egg on when she first felt Kralkatorrik stirring.

I took Ogden’s incredulity to be the voice of “GW1 players” who know about Glint and had figured out about the significance of the vision long before this update. Acting as the player’s surrogate, if you will.

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

If the voice was Glint, then something horrible must have happened to her voice.

Glint’s voice is not only feminine, but also distinctly high pitched.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

If the voice was Glint, then something horrible must have happened to her voice.

Glint’s voice is not only feminine, but also distinctly high pitched.

That’s Glint’s voice? Ugh. Well I never got that far in the original game. Maybe she got into Marlboro and developed that sexy smoker’s voice?

. . .

It could happen!

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The voice seemed intentionally scrambled to make it unrecognizable. It could still be Glint in such a case, though I’m not sure why or how Glint would be giving the Master of Peace an egg when the instance made sure to mention that she guarded her eggs fiercely.

in Living World

Posted by: Mafetix.9857

Mafetix.9857

I normally just lurk at these subforums because having not been a GW1 player I often feel like I’d have no idea what I’m talking about. But I had a thought that wouldn’t leave me alone so I’m just gonna throw it out there:

What if the “mysterious voice” is E?

The Legion of Honour [XIII] & OPERATION: UNION - bringing players together
http://is.gd/operationunion

in Living World

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Abaddon loved magic, and the egg was probably pretty magical, and all these new glyphs and symbols pointing to the Crystal Desert, the Forgotten and Ascension.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Living World

Posted by: raven.9870

raven.9870

well if it was a female voice ogden knows who and we know either, coud be possibily kormir god of truth, she take the place of abaddon, we have a satue of abbadon just in the middle of the room so coud be a possiblity.
oor maybe glint itself (don’t remember if we know when the egg was given)

Victory at any cost

in Living World

neilug hyuga.5634

Hi guys !

First, I read and follow each of your comments (even the funny ones XD). And thank you all for participating (how exciting it is ^.^).

That is sad that most of you didn’t hear about the talk at the end. I am french, and my game is french, I don’t know what about you.

Well I will tell what I think :

I don’t think it can be Glint because two facts :

1. She had a feminine voice in GW1, and I don’t think the developers will messed up with this xD.
  2. She is dead.

BUT we know she was a powerful Dragon, and she almost become an ancestral one. So in other words, it could be her spirits.

• So here again a problem : the voice was more like “I give you a mission. I trust in you. Do that […]” kind of. Not like “here is my baby. He’s gonna save the world. Take care of him”.

I don’ t think it could be one of the Edge of destiny. WP (wooden potatoes) speculated it could be Snaff, and somes of you guys speculated Logan, or others members of the destiny member. But to me, again, the voice clearly looked like “mess up”, “no emotion”. It was more like a really really “wise” and “old”(in the sense, who saw a lot of things during the years person.)

At last, somes said it could be the Forgotten. But again (LOL), the problem here is that the voice doesn’t sound snake at all xD.

Well, this is my new crazy thought :

• It is E. Ogden cleary underthough we should “know” him. And he was surprised we didn’t see only a part in the vision. And E is really really powerful. Maybe a Mystic, and can be able to see the future
  • Maybe a Mursaat (back from the mist and now to not be an enemy)?

I really enjoy the idea of the comeback of the Mursaats, but here, they would like just like us, kill the Elders Dragons. So more like “we gave you something, you success for us”. A co-working. The enemy of my enemy is my enemy xD

• Or a Prophet race ? It have sense here. The voice is almost the same, and they wanted to help us in the past, but just like my “spoiler” part (up), for co-working.

P.S. : Well, now you know I am not english native, so if somes point aren’t clear, tell me, I will correct them !
P.S.S : Don’t hesitate to really go backward in the lore and have weird ideas of who it could be, the more we will find something interesting to notice !

(edited by neilug hyuga.5634)

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I don’ t think it could be one of the Edge of destiny. WP (wooden potatoes) speculated it could be Snaff,

That seems very unlikely. Why would Snaff, who is dead, be the one that hands the egg?

and somes of you guys speculated Logan, or others members of the destiny member. But to me, again, the voice clearly looked like “mess up”, “no emotion”. It was more like a really really “wise” and “old”(in the sense, who saw a lot of things during the years person.)

I agree, it’s unlikely to be Logan.

At last, somes said it could be the Forgotten. But again (LOL), the problem here is that the voice doesn’t sound snake at all xD.

What does a snake sound like then? Frankly, we do not know what the Forgotten sound like. I’m trying to remember if there was ever a cut scene in GW1 where a Forgotten was voiced, but I can’t remember.

• It is E. Ogden cleary underthough we should “know” him. And he was surprised we didn’t see only a part in the vision. And E is really really powerful. Maybe a Mystic, and can be able to see the future

We have no reason to assume E is very powerful. If anything, his hands are tied. Which is why he is communicating with others to do the work.

Why would the enemies of Glint, help Glint? You should definitely check out this cutscene to understand Glint and the Mursaat:

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Living World

neilug hyuga.5634

I don’ t think it could be one of the Edge of destiny. WP (wooden potatoes) speculated it could be Snaff,

That seems very unlikely. Why would Snaff, who is dead, be the one that hands the egg?

Because (true spoil) He kinda fusionned with the spirit of Kralkatorrik, so maybe he became a superior spirit (?)

What does a snake sound like then? Frankly, we do not know what the Forgotten sound like. I’m trying to remember if there was ever a cut scene in GW1 where a Forgotten was voiced, but I can’t remember.

I think in Faction we heard Naga. I can’t clearly figure it out now :/. Or when we read their dialogue, there is most of the time “sssSSssSSSs” noise added. Or just remember the names of the boss.

Why would the enemies of Glint, help Glint? You should definitely check out this cutscene to understand Glint and the Mursaat:

Oh right ! I totally forgot about that ! xD. Thank you. I was really in the mood of the possibility of the Mursaat, but they will be on our side xD !

But to me it was the FlameSeeker Profecie, so here it is different. They do have a commun interest, you know, like Palawa Joko in Nightfall with the heroes. The commun interest is the death of the Elder Dragons.