*Spoilers* The Locket

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: M Steel.2574

M Steel.2574

So apparently there’s a locket that shows the current heir to the Krytan throne. Any thoughts regarding the significance of the locket and who the heir might be? Has there been any mention of this locket before now?

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Yeah…why doesn’t Queen Jennah or the Shining Blade have possession of that already?

And no, I don’t think the locket has ever been mentioned before now.

In fact, what is an artifact related to Kryta doing out all the way in the Shiverpeaks?

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I rolled my eyes when the locket was first mentioned. I don’t see how it picturing the current ruler makes it powerful. I could create a program for my smartphone that always displays the latest president but that wouldn’t make it more powerful than my desktop.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

M Steel.2574

I rolled my eyes when the locket was first mentioned. I don’t see how it picturing the current ruler makes it powerful. I could create a program for my smartphone that always displays the latest president but that wouldn’t make it more powerful than my desktop.

From what I understand, it doesn’t depict the current ruler. It depicts future rulers. It predicts who will ascend to the thrown after Jennah.

In fact, what is an artifact related to Kryta doing out all the way in the Shiverpeaks?

I got the impression that it was given to the Priory so that it would always be kept moving, so the identity of the heir would be kept safe.

(edited by M Steel.2574)

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Confirmed – Logan’s seed has been planted

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

M Steel.2574

^ You are a true poet.

But teasing aside, there has been speculation that Jennah might be pregnant in other forums—though she certainly isn’t showing yet if she is. That said, she’s a powerful mesmer and she hasn’t made many appearances since Scarlet’s attack.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

The first thing I thought when the locked was described… ‘This is the Keystone’ …which is described as an object (referred to as ‘stone’), that is used to combine the ‘4’ bloodstones, if they were to ever be ‘reunited’.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Bloodstone
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/King_Doric

The keystone, was said to be dumped into the volcano named ’Abaddon’s Mouth. In an eruption all but one ‘stone’ was ejected. Now this could mean that if the locket was indeed the keystone, and it was indeed dumped into the volcano, and later ejected. That could be the reason as to why the locket is not in the hands of the Royal Family.

The actively showing portrait on the locket is more then likely related to the incantations and the sealing with King Doric’s Blood. It shows the living heir to the throne based upon the ‘blood line’ of Doric. This mention was actually what sparked the ‘key stone’ into my brain…

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

^ You are a true poet.

But teasing aside, there has been speculation that Jennah might be pregnant in other forums—though she certainly isn’t showing yet if she is. That said, she’s a powerful mesmer and she hasn’t made many appearances since Scarlet’s attack.

And how do we not know the child isn’t a few years old already. Hidden away after Logan left his old gang to save the queen. That is what my money is on.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I got the impression that it was given to the Priory so that it would always be kept moving, so the identity of the heir would be kept safe.

Except it was being carried with other artifacts they apparently recently found as well. Besides, I can’t see Jennah just giving it to anyone outside of the Shining Blade for safekeeping (even within their ranks, she’d probably only trust it to the Countess).

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

^ You are a true poet.

And how do we not know the child isn’t a few years old already. Hidden away after Logan left his old gang to save the queen. That is what my money is on.

But why hide the child?

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

^ You are a true poet.

But why hide the child?

Political scandal. Remember, there is still a class system in play.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

^ You are a true poet.

But why hide the child?

Jennah probably found a heroic charr that’s worthy of siring a child for her.

Evon Gnashblade is the new King!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

M Steel.2574

Except it was being carried with other artifacts they apparently recently found as well. Besides, I can’t see Jennah just giving it to anyone outside of the Shining Blade for safekeeping (even within their ranks, she’d probably only trust it to the Countess).

So perhaps it was lost at some point and the Priory found it. Interesting.

But why hide the child?

Political scandal. Remember, there is still a class system in play.

My theory, if she is indeed pregnant, is that she became pregnant around the time of the Queen’s Jubilee (either before or after) and has been hiding the pregnancy while she recovers from Scarlet’s attack. If I understand the lore correctly, Jennah has been making less public appearances since the attack. The class issue may come into play, but I think it likely that Jennah will choose Logan as her consort regardless, leaving him with no claim to the throne, but allowing their child to be her heir.

However, the locket showing the portrait of someone unrelated to Jennah also remains a possibility.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Its quite obvious that the locket depicts our character. Anet is trying to make good for the disappointing personal story experience up to now by making us absolute ruler/ savior and liberator of Tyria. Oh, and guess what…Traherne’s life is definitely going to come to a grueling end this time around. To please us all.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

M Steel.2574

Its quite obvious that the locket depicts our character. Anet is trying to make good for the disappointing personal story experience up to now by making us absolute ruler/ savior and liberator of Tyria. Oh, and guess what…Traherne’s life is definitely going to come to a grueling end this time around. To please us all.

Given your username I suppose you must be right.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Will Lucky.8703

Will Lucky.8703

I’ll go with what I said in the other thread, I’m guessing its Logan Thackeray. I’d guess the odds of the Thackeray and Royal lines mixing at some point down the line isn’t a complete outside possibility.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Shardelyss.4807

Shardelyss.4807

It would be interesting if that locket doesn’t exactly do what people think it does. It might be a source of great power, but for some other reason altogether and not what it’s “officially” known for.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Imho, Queen Jennah will die and we’ll have to recover the locket to find the true heir while a civil war ensues.
In the end, we’ll discover that the rightful heir is Kasmeer, as she’s actually the only sister of the late queen and thus the next in line for the throne. Some investigations will follow to see how she’s actually tied with the regal family and the reasons why she was abandoned (mainly political ones) and probably there will be to fight with Minister Caudecus who has seized the throne for himself in the meantime.

But more probably, nothing of that will happen, and i just made a long post for naught.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

This reminds me of the odd conversation that takes place during the Kellach portion of the PS.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

One thing i would like to pitch in is that King Doric’s bloodline (Royal Krytan) is well known for it’s kittens. Queen Salma herself was an illegitimate heir.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Jennah is an illusion of Kasmeer, the real heir to the throne of Kryta.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Better not be Kasmeer….
Not sure who, but one of the writers has an annoying habit of focusing on one character and making them way too freaking special. And Kasmeer is really starting to feel like that character this time around.
You can make your characters heroic through their actions, but relatively normal otherwise. The land of Tyria already confers specialness to it’s inhabitants through magic and strength the likes of which isn’t seen on earth, there’s no need to make them fart special out of no where for nonsensical reasons.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

Do we know for certain that Kryta works off a dynastic monarchy? I mean, are we sure that the heir is necessarily related to Jenna in some form?

Of known characters, Logan, Kasmeer, or Cauducus comes to mind as important human characters (I doubt Lord Faren will inherit the throne….). Unless they introduce a new human character, I think it would have to be one of those three.

I’m sure this thing has some powerful magic in it if it can determine the heir of the throne (we’re talking heavy precognition here).

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Do we know for certain that Kryta works off a dynastic monarchy?

Yes, all the kings of the three Tyrian human kingdoms are of the blood of Doric. Which is supposed to have strong metaphysical consequences.
As far as we know, besides Jennah, there’s only one descendant of Doric (from the Ascalonian branch) still left alive.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I’m fairly certain the Snowflake Princess will become the Snowflake Queen.

Anise can then join the Superfriends, and we can watch the gripping drama of her and Delaqua developing feelings for each other and the mayhem ensuing from that. Should be worth hours of cutscene dialog. Particularly if the Snowflake Queen keeps popping in unexpectedly.

Jennah, with her ties to GW1, simply has to go. The Snowflake Princess can be rewritten on a whim, Jennah is too restricted by that darn gw lore business.

Logan is safe tho, as a descendant of a Snowflake himself.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Better not be Kasmeer….
Not sure who, but one of the writers has an annoying habit of focusing on one character and making them way too freaking special. And Kasmeer is really starting to feel like that character this time around.
You can make your characters heroic through their actions, but relatively normal otherwise. The land of Tyria already confers specialness to it’s inhabitants through magic and strength the likes of which isn’t seen on earth, there’s no need to make them fart special out of no where for nonsensical reasons.

“Not sure who, but one of the writers…” Funny. Lol

It’s possible that Marjory could be a theoretical heir as well. I’d admit that more evidence support Kasmeer (noble, mesmer, increasing powers, etc.), but Marjory’s mother seems to have a strong distaste for nobles. It could be possible that the previous king forced himself on her, and Marjory was a product of that encounter.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

I like the idea that it could be Kasmeer.
It certainly makes her story more interesting (and complicated).

Something else that has bothered me.
Scarlet’s attempt to capture/kill Jennah was laughable, but I question the creation of the Watchknights in the first place. That was what Scarlet was after in the first place.
After that she didn’t care about Jennah at all. For the story they were necessary, but was this a practical security issue. I have my own suspicions about the Queen’s motives.
Is she setting things up for a big reveal later? “Its been cool folks. JENNAH OUT!” shades down, portal to Southsun Beach

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

^ You are a true poet.

But why hide the child?

As an heir to the throne, the child would be a descendant of King Doric and, therefore, tasked with protecting the bloodstones. The dragons have a good reason for hunting him or her down.

One things is for sure – none of this bodes well for Queen Jennah.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

It probably wouldn’t be bad to me if they didn’t try to put some kind of “magical property” to her “ability”. In real life you can periodically guess right that someone is lying by the tone of voice, expression, use of language, etc. So were she just to be an adept expression reader, that would have been perfectly fine – it would just mean she paid close attention to details. However, based on commentary it sounds like there’s some kind of mystical aspect tied to it that just leaves me lifting an eyebrow.

Not that it’s terrible as is, just I think they were trying to play that “special” card hard. Then again, Kas was pretty clumsy and weak in Season 1 until just about the conclusion where she actually started to be more confident in her capabilities.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Lupini.6938

Lupini.6938

While the locket may be important to the story line in the future due to its depiction of a particular someone, I think what some of you are missing for the current line is what was also happening at Fort Salma.

Both locations had strong magical items there…the locket in Timberline Falls (which the guard explains is moved on an irregular schedule to different locations for it’s protection), and then Marjorie tells us that some of the residents at Fort Salma had picked up magical items from the Krait tower and were keeping them at the fort.

That dragon is hungry, been resting a long time. He’s looking for any tidbits he can get. Those of you with legendary weapons had better watch out, you’ll be grabbed and pulled under while walking a garden path.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

If Mordy is looking for places with a high density of magic, it should be attacking Rata Sum.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Imho, Queen Jennah will die and we’ll have to recover the locket to find the true heir while a civil war ensues.
In the end, we’ll discover that the rightful heir is Kasmeer.

Special snowflake coming through!

Although, given the way Mesmer Sue has been written, I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest. Sickened, but not surprised.

I suspect the locket is a red herring to get players to discuss Jennah as a possible assassination candidate in the “Mordremoth is targeting Tyrian leaders” plot. Jennah is a very precious character for the writers. Like the biconics, the writers favour her too much and wouldn’t truly be able to kill her. After her speech last year, the writers need to work extra hard to convince us that Jennah’s death is on the cards. Honestly I doubt many players can even name the racial leaders of the asura, charr or norn (does Knut count?). Even if Jennah is the target, I hope the writers use this opportunity to explore the other racial leaders.

The theory being that they introduce the locket now, Jennah is killed by Mordremoth and players use the locket to track down the heir to the throne (I have to admit, her death has interesting consequences both politically and on Logan’s characterisation). I’m not sure how the Krytan throne works, but Wade Samuelsson, Commander of Ebonhawke, is a descendant from the Ascalon royal line. The Krytan royal line and the Ascalon royal line go all the way back to the same person – Doric (family tree can be seen here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tyrian_Royalty_family_tree). Obviously one of Mazdak’s descendants is more likely than anyone from the Ascalon line. It’s actually poorly explored in the game at the moment. In real life royal historians make incredibly detailed documentation of the royal family, there should be somewhere in Tyria (Divinity’s Reach, the Priory Library) where the Krytan royal family tree would be documented.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Better not be any of the characters we have seen i the game yet.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

I suspect the locket is a red herring to get players to discuss Jennah as a possible assassination candidate…

Yes, and ‘in fact’ we know that a certain someone has already tried to at least kidnap her for …???… (in my views her relation to the bloodstones).

In this regard I already made a thread asking whether or not we think that Scarlet rebuild Omadd’s Machine in the ley line hub, and altered it (improved). And we do not know specifically what more she saw… Like, we are more then likely pulled out of the machine by our friends, or somehow ‘ejected’. But there are heavy chains on the machine and it ‘used to’ come with a coffin like thing as well (likely transported out by the inquest, including a subject in there) … so we only saw a snippet … Scarlet though, might have been watching that thing like evening telly…

And if it were to display some sort of future events, or at least possible futures based on possible actions. Then that would explain her somewhat erratic actions, she was merely preparing herself for any possible outcome of various actions, one of which was related to Queen Jenna. We prevented this, and through that she changed her course of action.

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

The only thing I thought about that locket was how it is an extremely powerful magical artifact. Zhaitkittened to send his minions after powerful magical artifacts to devour them, it didn’t surprise me to see Mordremoth do the same.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

Please not Kasmeer. I wouldn’t trust her to run a bodega. I think my human characters would have to renounce their citizenship and move to Hoelbrak.

Guild warrior for life!

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

M Steel.2574

Better not be any of the characters we have seen i the game yet.

Hmmm. I hadn’t really thought about it being a character that hasn’t been introduced yet. Perhaps they will do something like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, where part of the living story is finding the Krytan heir, either because Jennah is killed or Mordremoth targets the future heir.

The only reason I can see Jennah as a target for Mordremoth is because she is arguably the most diplomatic of the Tyrian leaders, having played an important role in the truce with the charr. If the player’s goal is to unite Tyria’s leaders, then Jennah would seem like the best place to start.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

In the end, we’ll discover that the rightful heir is Kasmeer, as she’s actually the only sister of the late queen and thus the next in line for the throne. Some investigations will follow to see how she’s actually tied with the regal family and the reasons why she was abandoned (mainly political ones) and probably there will be to fight with Minister Caudecus who has seized the throne for himself in the meantime.

But more probably, nothing of that will happen, and i just made a long post for naught.

A great time for the White Mantle and Mursaat to make a comeback

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: sephard.2470

sephard.2470

Where is this locket?
How do you know about this locket?
Did I miss something during the second episode?! O_o

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

RedStar.4218

Where is this locket?

During the Concordia mission with Rox.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

sephard.2470

Where is this locket?

What? I never saw something like that.
I went with Braham in order to find the caravan.
Would you mind telling me what happened?

(edited by sephard.2470)

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

RedStar.4218

Where is this locket?

Would you mind telling me what happened)

Basically, if you follow Rox, you find someone from the Priory who tells you that their caravan was attacked and it’s extremely troublesome because they were carrying a very powerful magical locket which shows the current heir of the krytan throne.
Because it’s such a powerful item, they move it around randomly and with the utmost secrecy (the NPC tells you that because of your position in the Pact).

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

sephard.2470

Where is this locket?

Would you mind telling me what happened?

Basically, if you follow Rox, you find someone from the Priory who tells you that their caravan was attacked and it’s extremely troublesome because they were carrying a very powerful magical locket which shows the current heir of the krytan throne.
Because it’s such a powerful item, they move it around randomly and with the utmost secrecy (the NPC tells you that because of your position in the Pact).

Wow. I totally missed that.
Sounds exciting though …
I am wondering if the attack on Concordia was just a coincidence …

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

M Steel.2574

It doesn’t matter if you choose Rox or Braham. All you have to do is talk to Scholar Lindsay during the Concordia Incident.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

All fine theories but you guys have it all wrong. Our character’s face will be in the locket and as the cutscene plays with us being crowned, Kormir and Trahearne walk up in wedding garb (can be purchased in the gem store for 800 gems each) and they take the throne from us and are married on the spot whilst our characters look on weeping.

It’s all super emotional.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

All fine theories but you guys have it all wrong. Our character’s face will be in the locket and as the cutscene plays with us being crowned, Kormir and Trahearne walk up in wedding garb (can be purchased in the gem store for 800 gems each) and they take the throne from us and are married on the spot whilst our characters look on weeping.

It’s all super emotional.

Wow.. that is like… My mind is exploded, fried, and lethally irradiated at the same time.

Game Over

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

The rightful heir to the throne is actually hobo tron

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

To all those of you who suggest that the locket shows a picture of our character….

You do realize that some players actually play asura, sylvari, norn or charr, right? Right?

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

The best question that I’ve been wondering myself and yet could not come up with a better answer that it was a cheap twist to include it in the story somehow.

Such an artifact must be safely locked away in the royal vaults of Divinity’s Reach… at least in a logical Tyria.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

*Spoilers* The Locket

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

To all those of you who suggest that the locket shows a picture of our character….

You do realize that some players actually play asura, sylvari, norn or charr, right? Right?

No worries. The game will either use your human alt character as a picture or if you have no human characters at all then you’ll get a randomly generated character for free to be used as the heir of kryta.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief