*spoilers* Jennah or Trahearne

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

In terms of storytelling , the Pact was always likely to dissolve so that fighting the remaining dragons becomes an adventures challenge, rather than just Pact with megalasers vs Dragon II, Pact with megabombs vs Dragon III, and so on. Trahearne was always going to be the person most likely to go to make the Pact dissolve.

The Pact doesn’t really need Trahearne. They needed him in order to initially start working together without squabbling, sure, but now they have enough history of inter-order cooperation (leading to a dragon kill) that the Pact could easily survive without him.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Living World

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Well, there can be another heir, but I seriously doubt any character featured in the personal story will die unless it’s during the personal story itself.

But then again, season 2 is way closer to personal story, with open world showing after effects and the actual stuff happening in the instances.

But there’s several common points across all stories that won’t change.

So… my guess is that none of the main characters like Queen Jennah or the Pale tree will die, and instead, they’ll find out that there was some other heir, but it turns out that we knew him all along. Togo was an illegitimate son of the previous Emperor, but then he heroically sacrifices himself to save Kisu.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Living World

Posted by: Shardelyss.4807

Shardelyss.4807

Well, there is that locket in one of the human personal stories where you have to discover what happened to your parents. We’re told, “Oh they were spies for the Queen…”

We were told this. What if your parents weren’t spies – what better way to hide a child born out of wedlock (that other word gets censored into a cat) then by shoving it right in front of everyone’s face? I’m just saying anything can be retconned.

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Well, there is that locket in one of the human personal stories where you have to discover what happened to your parents. We’re told, “Oh they were spies for the Queen…”

We were told this. What if your parents weren’t spies – what better way to hide a child born out of wedlock (that other word gets censored into a cat) then by shoving it right in front of everyone’s face? I’m just saying anything can be retconned.

I don’t know what you’re talking about with this “spies for the Crown” stuff. All I know is Tobias’ sister was a Seraph and now is a Crusader who has managed to not die while everyone else was dropping like flies in Orr.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: Mafetix.9857

Mafetix.9857

I’ve said this before but with all the negativity gathering pace in this thread (as it inevitably would I suppose) I feel it’s worth repeating:

To be honest, I hope ANet don’t cave into the hate and kill Trahearne. They’ve clearly learned from Season 1 and any involvement of Trahearne from this point on would be an opportunity to make sure things are done better this time round.

I would rather they use the chance to improve the character than just write him off as a lost cause.

The Legion of Honour [XIII] & OPERATION: UNION - bringing players together
http://is.gd/operationunion

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I am not against them killing off Trahearne.

I’m against them doing it for a “cheap pop”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

You know , what if all this ‘’leaders are targeted’’ was just a redherring and we ARE the actual target ? I mean we are the commander , we killed Zhaitan , we killed Scarlett. If I was an Elder Dragon, I would try to kill the guy who basicly did everything while others just sat around.

Just food for thought

Yep, this is something that I considered as well.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Well this is part of the Personal Story being that we are currently in Arc 4 of the Personal Story.

Living Story S2 is a continuation of the Personal Story being that this is the Elder Dragon Mordremoth Arc.

in Living World

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

Well, the question would be if that leader actually dies/gets corrupted.
If so, we can assume that Queen Jennah is off the hook.
Otherwise we would have Logan hanging himself on one of the parts of the planetarium in DR.

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I am not against them killing off Trahearne.

I’m against them doing it for a “cheap pop”.

I have to agree.

I hate Trahearne as much as the next guy, but if he dies it has to make sense and be for a worthy reason.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Posted by: M Steel.2574

M Steel.2574

My guess is that either Trahearne or the Pale Tree is the target.

1st – A Case for Trahearne:

Trahearne could be a target because:

• He was instrumental in killing Zhaitan and purifying Orr.
  • He is the leader of the Pact, which is dedicated to fighting the Elder Dragons.
  • He is a sylvari and is therefore vulnerable to Mordremoth’s corruption.

Trahearne seems like he would be the most imminent threat to Mordremoth’s rise. Presumably he could lead the Pact against Mordremoth. Corrupting Trahearne would leave the Pact leaderless and could cause the tenuous alliance between the Vigil, Priory, and Whispers to fracture. I for one think it would be interesting to see Trahearne go to the dark side (i.e. get corrupted).

2nd – A case for the Pale Tree:

Corrupting the Pale Tree would be a huge boon for Mordremoth because of the Pale Tree’s connection to the Dream. Corrupting the Mother Tree could potentially lead to the corruption of all future sylvari, and an endless supply of minions for Mordremoth. That said, the ramifications of Mordremoth corrupting the Pale Tree would be huge and I’m not sure how it would work with the new Story Journal system they have. Some players are just now starting out in the grove creating Sylvari and corrupting the Pale Tree would mean altering a race’s capital city. It would be a bold step, but seems less likely to me than going after Trahearne, which would require less altering of the environment.

(edited by M Steel.2574)

in Living World

M Steel.2574

I came across the following theory on another “GW2 forum”: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/lore/lore/Six-Elder-Dragons-not-Five-Spoilers/first

“Another interesting note , that through all our encounters with the
Nightmare Court , they keep saying that the Ventari Tablet’s teachings has deviated them from what they were truly created for , and they always look at the other sylvari as brainwashed or deluded !!

What is the nature of the pale tree[? ] . . . [What if]the pale tree is actually a champion of the sixth elder dragon , and has been influenced by the Ventari and decided to betray her master and side with the mortal races [?] …. we have a similar case happened in the Guild Wars history , as " Glint " was a champion of the elder dragon Kralkatorrik and betrayed him and sided with the mortal races …."

The “Guild Wars 2 Wiki”: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pale_Tree

“The seed which sprouted the Pale Tree was found in a cave containing many others like it, guarded by powerful plant creatures. Over 250 years ago, Ronan, a Shining Blade warrior, took one of these seeds and placed it on the graves of his family, located in what was once Arbor Bay, who were killed by the mursaat. He and the centaur Ventari tended the young tree, and their attitudes and philosophy had significant influence on its nature. In particular, the marble tablet carved by Ventari prior to his death and placed at the base of the tree forms the basis for the philosophy of the Pale Tree and her sylvari.”

Note that it says the seeds were guarded by powerful plant creatures. Could these be Mordremoth’s minions?

If the above theory is true, and the Pale Tree is a dragon champion that turned away from the Elder Dragons, then it would makes sense for Mordremoth to come after her. The Pale Tree may not even be fully aware of what she is, if the theory is true.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Then again, Trahearne is a bigger threat and has a jummy magic sword to eat.

Well I am kind of putting my money on Trah in this regard because we are going over to the Grove in Episode 3 (if not maybe 4 depending on how fast Kas can get “permission”) so it might segway Trah in.

I’m interested in seeing how that will play out though. His Wyld Hunt ended in Orr, vanquishing the Risen and rebuilding it. However, being the lead of the Pact, the guild that defeated Zhaitan, still makes him a primary target. Honestly, I don’t think his sword will do jack against Mord – it’s a sword of life and nature-bound itself. That sword might just be a target but it’s way too early to tell for certain.

We still have the Master of Peace out there somewhere!

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

See, I have an issue with the whole “it might be Jenna” because of the locket. The story states that the locket is a magical artifact, a strong one at that. That alone might be enough for the dragon to go after it (they do consume magic after all). However, beyond that, the priory person states that the locket always shows the current heir to the throne, which would not be Jenna. Jenna is queen, she has the throne. The heir would be whoever would take it if she were to die – her first born for example, or a relative if the monarch has no children. I think there is more to who the heir might be, and this might be something we dig into as the story progresses.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

All of you are wrong.

The true heir is Hodor.

Why?

Because Hodor.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Maybe we get to vote who dies aka who we protect. I thought it was more leaning to an attack on pale tree though.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I’ve said this before but with all the negativity gathering pace in this thread (as it inevitably would I suppose) I feel it’s worth repeating:

To be honest, I hope ANet don’t cave into the hate and kill Trahearne. They’ve clearly learned from Season 1 and any involvement of Trahearne from this point on would be an opportunity to make sure things are done better this time round.

I would rather they use the chance to improve the character than just write him off as a lost cause.

IF they learned anything from us in LS1 it’s this:

We hated Scarlet………Scarlet died.

And yes i do agree with u…i honestly hope they learned from LS1 major mistakes…………………….like the whole Scarlet arc.

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Kasmeer can’t be the heir, or rather, I hope she isn’t.
Either she will leave the Krytan throne without an heir once again when she dies, or she will be pressured into marrying another noble and making an heir (sorry Jory).

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Maybe we get to vote who dies aka who we protect.

RIP Trahearne. You never stood a chance.

in Living World

M Steel.2574

It was implied, I think by either Kasmeer or Marjory, that we intend to unite all the leaders of Tyria against Mordremoth. Of all the leaders of Tyria, the most diplomatic seems to be Jennah (or the Pale Tree). If Mordremoth wanted to destabilize an alliance between the leaders of Tyria, killing Jennah would make more sense, but my money is still on Trahearne.

Also, if you talk to the Priory representative just after the events of Concordia you find out that the magical artifacts they were transporting have been leeched of magical energy, leaving them all inert except for the locket, which has been diminished, but is still functioning. The locket definitely seems significant.

in Living World

Posted by: Will Lucky.8703

Will Lucky.8703

My first thought was that Logan was the heir as well, being the founders of Ebonhawke having the Thackeray line tie into the royal line at some point over the past two centuries isn’t an outside possibility.

But its still an odd choice, as the heir may very well be aware of who they are and may not be allowed to have a dangerous profession if you will that could endanger them.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks

in Living World

Posted by: Shardelyss.4807

Shardelyss.4807

It was implied, I think by either Kasmeer or Marjory, that we intend to unite all the leaders of Tyria against Mordremoth.

PC: We need to work together. Together we will defeat this new threat and keep our world safe.

Leader 1: I agree. But our Countries need a leader.

Leader 2: This is true, but who would lead us?

Leader 3: It can’t be one of us, or we would be seen as being above the others.

PC: Why does this suddenly sound familar? And why do I have a bad feeling that this won’t end well.

Sudden Plot take over: Let Trahearne lead us.

PC: NOT AGAIN!

Trahearne: Thank you. PC, I want you to be my second.

PC: Shoot me now.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It was implied, I think by either Kasmeer or Marjory, that we intend to unite all the leaders of Tyria against Mordremoth.

PC: We need to work together. Together we will defeat this new threat and keep our world safe.

PC: Why does this suddenly sound familar? And why do I have a bad feeling that this won’t end well.

Tobias: “I’m already your second. I’ve been your second for a year now. And since your Wyld Hunt is over now, I swear if I have to I will push you in front of the Mordremoth Hentai Squad to save myself.”

Trahearne: “Mordrewho?”

in Living World

M Steel.2574

^ Reads this and shudders

Perhaps they will institute something similar to the Captain’s Council with representatives from each of the races— cough Destiny’s Edge cough. Or perhaps the mysterious E will finally reveal himself or herself and take on some sort of leadership role.

in Living World

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Neither OP. I think it’s the Pale Tree for many reasons already stated:

- She’s the most powerful being on the friendly side since Glint and the Human Gods. Essentially a godlike Oracle/Prophet.

- She indirectly and directly pushed the uniting of the races into the Pact.

- She guides the players (especially the Sylvari players) no matter which race to fulfill their destiny and Trahearne to fulfill his.

- She formed the weapon that cleansed Orr and weakened Zhaitan so he could be destroyed, from her own essence. Essentially her magic rivals/overcomes the powers of dragons.

- Scarlett dreamed of the Pale Tree being the centre of the Eternal Alchemy (Tyria) and it being attacked by thorns (Mordy).

- We the players confirm this in our own vision in Omadd’s Machine as the Pale Tree (Tyria) is indeed the centre of the eternal alchemy with the dragons revolving around it and the “green orb” (Mordy) taking over the centre where the Pale Tree resides.

- The protagonists begin to think a leader is going to be targeted for death and dialogue suggests Trahearne or Jenna. HOWEVER where does the conversation/plot go from here? Meeting with the Pale Tree to get advice/wisdom on how to proceed and to unite the leaders of Tyria…

The biggest threat to the Dragons is not the Player, Trahearne , the mortal leaders or the Pact. It’s the Pale Tree (who seems to be holding back a few things about dragons while always knowing what to do about them) who keeps sowing the seeds for unity and guiding said forces to victory through her dreams/visions.

… Oh and she’s probably one of the most magical things on Tyria to consume.

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Neither OP. I think it’s the Pale Tree for many reasons already stated:

Well if you look at all current major attacks in Episode 2 they have all been at locations with very powerful magic.

The Pale Tree is a being of very powerful magic in general so keeping the Pale Tree as a possible target for Episode 3 is certainly up on the list.

Also, as you said, the Pale Tree has a more marks on her to be targeted by Mordremoth since the only thing protecting the Sylvari from Mordremoth’s corruption is the Pale Tree and if she is removed then all Sylvari under her protection will fall to Mordremoth’s influence thus providing him with a increase amount of minions that is already in every single major city and region.

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Trahearne

plz plz plz let it be Trahearne

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Living World

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

1. In the newest episode of LS we found out that a strange magical artifact has gone missing – a locket that shows the current true heir to the Krytan throne.
2. Scarlet tried to kill Queen Jennah. Why?
I can assume that this connects to the Mad King.
Okay let me explain – Mad King is imprisoned in the Underworld by magical seals and the first one was broken when Salma (Queen Jennah’s ancestor) took the throne in 1079 AE after the Krytan civil war. Maybe… MAYBE Scarlet knew that killing Jennah will free our beloved Pumpkin King. My theory is that she was an elite member of the Lunatic Court.
3. Remember Zinn from GW1? He built golems that tried to kill Salma, Kisu and Bokka – the “rulers” of Kryta, Cantha and Elona. In his “journal” he writes:

“The job. That’s what started this whole fiasco. My entire business has been built on the backs of eccentric clients, so it never even occurred to me to turn away the stranger when he appeared. He had a most curious request, but again, I was not about to refuse a paying customer, so I obliged the dastardly fellow. He even brought along a custom power crystal to be used in the construction of a golem. This, perhaps, should have raised a red flag, but free parts are free parts, especially when I can still charge full price. But I swear, had I known the extent of the evil to which I was contributing, I would have halted construction immediately, or at least built in more safeguards. As it was, I labored for weeks on end to complete what in my hubris I believed was my ultimate masterpiece. But in my hour of greatness, that masterpiece became my downfall.”
Let me remind you that those golems were far more advanced that the ones used in their times. Maybe technology used to build them wasn’t from their time? Maybe it came from the future? And who was this mysterious figure who gifted Zinn the power crystal?

Everything… EVERYTHING since Guild Wars Freaking One tries to kill the rulers of Kryta. Why? Maybe their bloodline consists some kind of power? Currently we are in Maguuma and where was Zinn’s Secret Lair? In Maguus Falls. And where is Malyck’s home and maybe the second Pale Tree? In Maguus Falls!

Let me tell you this – if this is all connected as I see it – they are writing a freaking masterpiece. Prepare for the trip to Maguus Falls and the Zinn’s Secret Lair.

(edited by Thaia.5146)

in Living World

M Steel.2574

I still think the most interesting target would be the PaleTree, but I just can’t see them killing or corrupting her because she is such a fundamental part of the Grove’s aesthetic. I assume that if the Pale Tree is corrupted her appearance will change to reflect the corruption. How is that going to work when there are still people rolling Sylvari who have not finished the main story? Trahearne seems more likely to me because corrupting him means altering the appearance of a single npc as opposed to an entire capital city. Still, striking at the heart of the Pale Tree would be the bolder move.

in Living World

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Plot twist, Trahearne is the heir!

-Spits out food-

-got a mental image he really doesnt want to have-

in Living World

Posted by: Galen.9042

Galen.9042

What if the said leader is ourself?

Although Trahearne is leader of the pact, we are second-in-command. And while it was Trahearne’s doing that Orr is cleansed, it was our efforts that killed Zhaitan. In that sense, we are more of a direct threat to the dragons than Trahearne.

While Trahearne or Jennah might be involved, I doubt either of them will die, otherwise that will make the living story conflict with newer players or those have yet to do their personal story.

We’re not the commander anymore. Entanglement has a line of dialogue where the player character states that we were a commander in the Pact a while back, but that we haven’t commanded in ages.

As for it conflicting with the personal story, Anet have stated that the assumption with Living Story 2 is that you have finished your personal story. All the events within it are set after that. Given that Trahearne is never actually present in the game world (he only ever shows up in cutscenes, unlike the racial leaders who can be found in their respective capitals) he could be killed off fairly easily, and any momentary confusion about this state of affairs for new players can be explained by pointing out that Living Story follows on from the Personal Story.

in Living World

Posted by: Lupini.6938

Lupini.6938

Taimi is the true heir…that’s part of the problem, asuran and human genes don’t work together quite right. That’s what happens when Jennah hangs out in the Eastern Commons bars.

runs and ducks

in Living World

M Steel.2574

Given that Trahearne is never actually present in the game world (he only ever shows up in cutscenes, unlike the racial leaders who can be found in their respective capitals) he could be killed off fairly easily, and any momentary confusion about this state of affairs for new players can be explained by pointing out that Living Story follows on from the Personal Story.

^ My sentiments exactly. Trahearne is the most likely choice because he isn’t present in the game world and it would be easiest to kill him off or corrupt him without disrupting the continuity of the game. Killing off the Pale Tree on the other hand, would require major changes to the Grove.

That said, vines have started cropping up all over Tyria with no explanation for characters who haven’t yet made it to Dry Top and are still playing through the original story, so I suppose it is possible that we could see major changes to the gaming environment even though they break immersion by messing with the game’s timeline.