Able to buy moto's designs when SAB closes?

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

I’m working on my Tribulation mode tokens to get the green and yellow weapon, but I am not sure which weapon skin I want to alter at this point. It may even be for a new character.

Most vendors stay after the fact, but I was just wondering if those designs for the mystic forge will still be available.

Posted by: Vince Ste Marie.2081

Vince Ste Marie.2081

Super Adventure Vince

Moto will continue selling his fundraising items for two weeks after the Super Adventure Box closes.

Posted by: Reacted.8190

Reacted.8190

This is really nice to know!
Should be posted where more people will see it!

Posted by: Paladine.2569

Paladine.2569

Only 2 weeks? Is there a reason why you’re taking out the designs?

All of your other content, like Flame and Frost tickets, even wintersday tickets have remained redeemable months after the fact.

These designs cost an additional 2 gold per design to make. A lot of players can’t afford something like that in such a short time span :/

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

These designs cost an additional 2 gold per design to make. A lot of players can’t afford something like that in such a short time span :/

While I agree that the designs should end up on a legicy vendor like other event items I dont see 2 gold as much of a hardship. Anybody with a level 80 toon should be able to make 2g or so in an hour or less. Either join the frostgorge champ zerg or spend an hour chaseing world bosses. You can easily get 25s+ for any 80 rare off the TP and the bonus chest is a garenteed to give you one and its not uncomon to get an extra from the main chest. http://jasper.gw2stuff.com/ makes it realy easy to hit several one after another.

(edited by Merendel.7128)

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

While I agree that the designs should end up on a legicy vendor like other event items I dont see 2 gold as much of a hardship. Anybody with a level 80 toon should be able to make 2g or so in an hour or less. Either join the frostgorge champ zerg or spend an hour chaseing world bosses. You can easily get 25s+ for any 80 rare off the TP and the bonus chest is a garenteed to give you one and its not uncomon to get an extra from the main chest. http://jasper.gw2stuff.com/events/ makes it realy easy to hit several one after another.

About the world bosses, you must be lucky to catch one. Whenever I look, they’re always outside their spawn window. And some spawn windows take an hour.

Also, that URL doesn’t work, it gives a 404. You need

http://jasper.gw2stuff.com/en/events/[your-server-name]

(for instance, for Aurora Glade)
http://jasper.gw2stuff.com/en/events/aurora-glade

But I’m happy we’ll have at least 2 weeks, as I’ll be away for the last few days of the month. I can decide what skins to get for my bubbles afterwards…

Merendel.7128

hmm oops I just sliced off my server from the URL and didnt check to see if that would work. http://jasper.gw2stuff.com/ does work however, just need to select your server from the top menu bar.
As to luck you dont need to hit all of them. Almost any time I look at least 1 is up and normaly another will pop withen a few minutes of the first one ending. If you farm the world bosses a bit you get a prety good feel of which ones to hit first if more than one is available. There are also a few you can push into starting with only doing a couple events in the zone most of the time.

(edited by Merendel.7128)

Paladine.2569

While I agree that the designs should end up on a legicy vendor like other event items I dont see 2 gold as much of a hardship. Anybody with a level 80 toon should be able to make 2g or so in an hour or less. Either join the frostgorge champ zerg or spend an hour chaseing world bosses. You can easily get 25s+ for any 80 rare off the TP and the bonus chest is a garenteed to give you one and its not uncomon to get an extra from the main chest. http://jasper.gw2stuff.com/ makes it realy easy to hit several one after another.

Sure, but I’m running all the tribulations every day to not waste the daily reset. In a week I’ll have 14 tokens. That’s 28 gold. On top of that, I don’t know which ones I want, for which characters, for which item sets, for which color schemes.

Basically, forcing me to buy ALL my options within the 2 weeks is incredibly harsh if I’m stockpiling them for future characters and items that I don’t have yet.

Merendel.7128

Shrug I’v got 5 different skins so far over the last week and my wallet has stayed at a mostly constant level and thats with spending more time in the SAB than in the open world. one scarlet event where I joined the aetherblade farm and doing some world bosses while geting the daily done has been most of the income during that time. Gold is really not that hard to make even if your not playing the TP flip game. 28g in a week would take a bit of effort on my part but over 2 weeks wouldnt be that bad.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

If worse comes to worse and you can’t buy your designs right away, you can always buy them next time SAB comes along.

The designs are the same for all the Tribulation mode weapons, so they’ll have to return to allow crafting of the World 3 tribulation skins. No fear of having them not return.

That would mean waiting for who knows how long until SAB comes around again, but if you’re going to end up waiting anyway because you can’t decide which weapons you want yet, then that shouldn’t be too huge a deal.

Paladine.2569

It’ll be a wait of a couple months though, and it hardly takes more than a month to gear up a fresh character, let alone put together a new set of aesthetic gear that’ll match a specific weapon design better. I just don’t see the point in having players forced to wait for the next time it comes around, rather than making it freely available for people who have done the event and just wants to be sure what they’re buying is what they really want.

Essentially, I see no reason not to keep the vendors around, a lot of reasons to keep them there, and no reason at all to get rid of them. The only one I can think of is keeping prestige, but that’s already gated by people who even manage to complete tribulation mode in the first place.

Having to find ways to get around this and potentially shaft ourselves because of something that’s easily remedied with no downsides…I dunno. If there were a considerable reason to take out the vendors I’d understand, but there doesn’t seem to be anything.

Paladine.2569

No chance of a legacy vendor of sorts? Even to just hold the Weapon designs?

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

Yeah, 2g per Design is crazy. I’ve been playing Trib mode every day and I can’t even get a single thing to show for it since the Design is far too expensive.
I wish they costed Bauble Bubbles instead, that way they would still take a while to get like the regular skins (fixing the complaint saying Trib skins are easier-faster to obtain), and then have the added bonus of being a new color to show you did Trib mode.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t think the designs costing Bauble Bubbles would be a good idea. For one thing it would mean that those players going for Tribulation skins would be preventing themselves from getting the normal skins / minis, rather than now where you can work on Tribulation skins while at the same time working towards the normal rewards too. It would also make it harder on people who need to buy a lot of Continue Coins with Bubbles just to beat Tribulation Mode, because if you spend all your Bubbles on coins then you have none left to buy the designs so you can’t get the weapon anyway.

Paladine.2569

The prices are honestly fine the way they are, (maybe 1g instead of 2 for the weapon designs to match the regular super skins) but having it be permanent so we can buy it at our leisure would be nice.