Shove your Achievements

Shove your Achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Celestial.8051

Celestial.8051

Thanks ANet for putting the Obsidian JP in the requirements for the achievements for the Sky Pirates. Not only do I hate WvW and want nothing to do with it, I hate the other servers that are camping and griefing players only here for the GOD kitten ACHIEVEMENTS!!!

Most of all, I hate you now ANet! I’ve wasted almost the whole day now trying to go through this kittening JP and everytime….Every Time!….there’s some person, group or guild waiting to kill me and everyone else in a place we have no chance to defend from.

And don’t give me that “Go ask your friends or other people in WvW for help!” kitten you! I shouldn’t have to! I shouldn’t even be here! But since ANet thinks it’s funny for PVE players to come get facerolled by dipkitten WvW badies then I guess I’ll have fun right? Wrong!

Don’t ever put Living story or any other achievements in PVP/WvW that link somehow to their PVE. Or I swear to god I will burn my loyalty for you.

Shove your Achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

Good news, the next set of achievements sends you right back into the slaughterhou…I mean back into Obsidian Sanctum!

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Shove your Achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Vas.7306

Vas.7306

You should get someone to show you where the invisibility shrines are, they give you a goodly length of stealth that allows you to go through the jp fairly unmolested.
The drawback is you cant use skills to speed yourself up so the jumps can be tricky if youre used to having a speed buff up for your jumps.
But yeah, its an alternative to getting ganked. It might work

Shove your Achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

Most of the ganking takes place at the spawn, though. Or at the Arena, because it’s nigh impossible to do the dark room without a torch or skills.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

Shove your Achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Consider it achievement for WvWers and ignore it then

Shove your Achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Celestial.8051

Celestial.8051

You can’t and that’s my point. The WvW JP achiev points tie to the overall jumping puzzle achievement with the PVE JPs. Instead of counting them separately, they’re counted together so either I somehow do the WvW JP or I miss out on a significant portion of points I should be getting for my PVE effort.

PVP and PVE should be completely separate in as many ways as possible including but limited to: Gear balancing, skill balancing and achievement points. This way PVP players get the experience they want without having to suffer PVE ties and PVE players don’t have to cross paths with griefing kittenbags.

Shove your Achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: DaG.5103

DaG.5103

You can’t and that’s my point. The WvW JP achiev points tie to the overall jumping puzzle achievement with the PVE JPs. Instead of counting them separately, they’re counted together so either I somehow do the WvW JP or I miss out on a significant portion of points I should be getting for my PVE effort.

PVP and PVE should be completely separate in as many ways as possible including but limited to: Gear balancing, skill balancing and achievement points. This way PVP players get the experience they want without having to suffer PVE ties and PVE players don’t have to cross paths with griefing kittenbags.

PvP and PvE ARE completely separate. WvW is not either – it is BOTH.

I’m sorry you feel entitled to the achievement. I’m sorry you think that in order to achieve something you should not have to work for it. Part of the Obsidian Sanctum’s challenge is that it is a PvP enabled zone. Nobody is forcing you to do the achievement except yourself, so you are fully in control of your experience. If you hate it, why are you doing it? If you HAVE to have every achievement, then why complain when some are difficult? You are signing up for it – have some self control and ignore it if you hate it, or quit complaining and ACHIEVE something.

Shove your Achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

I’m sorry you feel entitled to the achievement. I’m sorry you think that in order to achieve something you should not have to work for it. Part of the Obsidian Sanctum’s challenge is that it is a PvP enabled zone. Nobody is forcing you to do the achievement except yourself, so you are fully in control of your experience. If you hate it, why are you doing it? If you HAVE to have every achievement, then why complain when some are difficult? You are signing up for it – have some self control and ignore it if you hate it, or quit complaining and ACHIEVE something.

I have all the achievements from the pirate event and I still find it to be nonsense that they put a cache in an easily trollable location. Throw it at the end of a difficult JP or something instead of putting it in a location where logging in at 3am is the only way to get through it.

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

Shove your Achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: DaddyBoJangles.6012

DaddyBoJangles.6012

Im not sure what time zone your in, but I never get griefed in that JP real early in the morning. Whenever I was farming WvW badges I would hit that JP Daily for the 15-20 badges it yields and there was never anyone in there during the morning. I would log on before work and knock it out. Same thing with this event there wasnt anyone there when I got on before work to get the achievement.

Shove your Achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

Seriously? I disagree. WvW is PvP…it has nothing to do with PvE and it shouldn’t. There aren’t NPC players going around taking keeps or doing the jumping puzzles, it’s PLAYERS doing those things..same reason I believe it’s stupid to require WvW maps for map completion. WvW is PvP, whether you admit that or not. I shouldn’t have to do anything in PvP for PvE achievements…The OP obviously doesn’t have a problem with working for achievements, but doing completely bull achievements like this is just stupid. Every achievement is be “ACHIEVE”-ing something.

I completely agree with the OP. It was stupid, and to see that they put essentially the same exact thing in this update is both not surprising and very disappointing. Anet has done really well with this game, but ever since they started doing this boring, annoying, grindy, and temporary living story, they’ve been going way downhill. They really need to get things together and find some permanent, WORTHWHILE content added if GW2 is going to outlive upcoming games, such as ES:O…

(edited by The Eternal Grace.3157)

Shove your Achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Seriously? I disagree. WvW is PvP...it has nothing to do with PvE and it shouldn’t. There aren’t NPC players going around taking keeps

O rly? ANet disagrees. As he said, WvW is a large scale epic battle with both PvE and PvP elements, so it’s neither PvE nor PvP. And thus it uses upscaling, equipment, nourishment and balancing (mostly) from PvE and so on.

PS: have you ever heard of commanders Siegerazer and Siegecrusher?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World#Breakout

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Shove your Achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m all for there being achievements in WvW. That said, I believe putting a WvW component into an otherwise completely PvE achievement is bad design. Yet ANet insists on doing this over and over. Every time they do this, it kittens some folk off. So, what’s the payoff? Getting people into PvP that — absent the achievement — would not touch PvP with a ten-foot pole?

As to ANet considering WvW to be PvE, you can can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear — though I guess you can try.

Shove your Achievements

in Sky Pirates of Tyria

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

It’s all a timing thing, you have to figure out when the optimal time is for you to reach it safely. The problem, as I see it, is access. It’s entirely possible to completely lose access to the jumping puzzle entirely because you’re on a weak WvW server and your portal is owned by another server. If you’re weak enough it’s possible you won’t even manage to get it back until after the event is over, so you completely miss out.

I think, since they removed Obsidian Sanctum from the WvW zone they should remove it’s portal too and just give us a fifth WvW portal in LA that goes straight there. It will not change the makeup of the zone, just make it easier to reach.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker