Consortium Swimwear (GemStore)

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

>make amazing swimwear skins
>don’t put them on the gem store

Do you not want mondo dosh?

I swear nearly every update since launch has thrown logic out of the window.

Attachments:

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

Depends. What’s “mondo dosh?”

And what’s with trying to turn GW2 into The Sims with beach barbies?

(edited by dinominator.9862)

kipz.8701

Depends. What’s “mondo dosh?”

Mondo dosh = a lot of money

Just speaking with my guild, a lot of people would pay for this stuff. They have already modelled it so why not put it on the gemstore? It’s illogical to say the least.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Seeing as more than half of the game is essentially “playing dress up”…

That said, I love it how people seem to immediately seem to go in an uproar whenever attractive girls with swimwear pop up on a “beach resort” (unthinkable, I know), but nobody means the half-naked dudes that were already there. What happened to “equality”? Where are the topless women?

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

It’s modeled on humans so Norn and Sylvari should be ok. The Asura get something cute. (floaties?)

But what to do with the Charr…

(edited by Tower Guard.5263)

dinominator.9862

See I took it as you wanted free bikinis because you laid it out as a bullet point:

>make amazing swimwear skins
>don’t put them on the gem store

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

It’s modeled on humans so Norn and Sylvari should be ok. The Asura get something cute. (floaties?)

Cats don’t like water. Or sand, since they have to wash themselves with their tongue.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

dinominator.9862

full-body wax?

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

full-body wax?

Attachments:

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

full-body wax?

lmao

oh gods, im going to have nightmares now….of naked charr in human style speedos or something equally disturbing

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I would pay top dollar! well.. to a limit.. OK Not top dollar, but I would pay!

Posted by: Woodbine.2514

Woodbine.2514

full-body wax?

lmao

oh gods, im going to have nightmares now….of naked charr in human style speedos or something equally disturbing

I tried to post something to this effect, but regarding a human male speedo skin with a cosmetic slider for bulge size. Not a good thing.

My post was met with the “something went wrong” message. Probably a good thing. Probably prevented an infraction.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Seriously wtf anet/ncsoft. Every other mmo in the business would have jumped on this opportunity and rightly so. But no, this game has to be more conservative than my grandma at a tea party. Stop trying so hard not to be Tera… you are already miles away from them, and a simple swimsuit skin won’t change that.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

dinominator.9862

@Midnightjade: Rytlock looks dashing in that photo.

If they gave us shaved Charr I would buy a bag of gems just for the laughs.

Posted by: Aurra.4971

Aurra.4971

Seriously! First thing I did when I logged in was check the gemstore for swimsuits and nope.

I want to give you my money Anet!

Posted by: Yohimbe.1876

Yohimbe.1876

Seriously, the store missed out. They should have had a whole summer/resort wardrobe ready to roll out.

Chay Darkhaven – SBI
Leader of The Ethereal Guard
Huzzah!

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Underware in this game looks awful. Most players would want better looking underwear/swimsuits options that are dyeable. It should replace the normal underwear. But only be visible when not wearing armor and town clothing. Also add a show underwear/swimsuits button and dye options in the hero panel.

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

This. I would pay for that swimwear, easily. For multiple characters. That needs to be in game. Yesterday.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Posted by: Anglvamp.5632

Anglvamp.5632

Yus, microkinis and banana hammocks for everyone!

^.^

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Seriously! First thing I did when I logged in was check the gemstore for swimsuits and nope.

I want to give you my money Anet!

Me too

Posted by: Ketto.6508

Ketto.6508

SIGNED. This would be one of the first clothing items I would actually buy from the Gem Store.

Please give Anet

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Can’t say how much I’d love a swimsuit for any of my toons, any race and gender. It’d just be cool to have the option of lounging in the sun like that.

(Of course you just KNOW I’m gonna stick it on my female norn and leave it there. She’s hot. Finally get to show off her tats, too.)

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Well Braham and Rox’s weapons weren’t available until the final stage…so there’s still hope, right?

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I agree, why aren’t we getting swimwear? Do you know how much I would kill just to get these swim trunks?

Attachments:

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

I want to dress my norn with super tight speedoes and bunny ears.

Make it happen.

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

I want that NPCs hair as well.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

full-body wax?

lmao

I tried to post something to this effect, but regarding a human male speedo skin with a cosmetic slider for bulge size. Not a good thing.

My post was met with the “something went wrong” message. Probably a good thing. Probably prevented an infraction.

And I thought I was disturbed. XD

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Hopefully also floaties.

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

please floaties. ones with shark fins. and a water breather with shark fins. and please swimwear of different patterns and ability to dye

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

The female Charr have nothing under that loincloth on the beach and if you jump down it does flap a little. First time there and I got disturbed.

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

Storage for costumes needs to be implemented in some way otherwise forget it. Not buying stuff that’s going to take up my very limited room trying to force me to buy more room. That’s just stupid. You want me to buy stuff you give me room to store it and I’ll gladly start buying stuff that takes up room.

Suggestions:

• Once you buy a costume/skin you “unlock” that skin for your account being able to apply it to any other item of the same type via drop down menu or NPC.
  • Outfit NPC. Once you buy an outfit you can show it to the npc to have the npc “remember” your costume/skin and can reclaim a copy at any time ala guild wars 1.

Do one of the above and I’ll be buying all sorts of costumes….well that and make sure they can be worn over armor without losing the armor value. Implement a checkbox on the various costume/cloths parts (left hand corner) when checked it overwrites any armor look in the same slot, unchecked it doesn’t.

These will get all my monies for costumes/skins

Posted by: DarkChaos.4326

DarkChaos.4326

Only reason I see it NOT being on the gem store is making something work for all races.. but seriously, if we have cultural armour I think we could get some cultural town clothes.

I’d hate to see these not show up (soon).

EDIT: Town clothes being unusable underwater would also be an issue.

(edited by DarkChaos.4326)

Posted by: Kelayda.8359

Kelayda.8359

I don’t know why they don’t allow Faren’s and Kasmeer’s swimsuits for the humanoid races and another for charr and asura. Like the image I attached, that model has been in the game since Southsun came out, and could be used for both male/female charr and asura. Tweak the texture or something, I’d rather have that than nothing at all.

Then again this could be like Rox and Braham’s weapons that were initially unavailable to players, but you could buy later on.

Attachments:

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

I agree, why aren’t we getting swimwear?

Because at the moment whenever we dive with our town clothes we switch automatically to our armor, since going underwater involve equiping our breather and trident.

So unless they deactivate that or allow us to equip our town clothes on our armor instead of swapping, getting any kind of swimwear is unlikely and pointless… Except if you want to walk around in bikini on the beach/everywhere else without swimming.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Because at the moment whenever we dive with our town clothes we switch automatically to our armor, since going underwater involve equiping our breather and trident.

So unless they deactivate that or allow us to equip our town clothes on our armor instead of swapping, getting any kind of swimwear is unlikely and pointless… Except if you want to walk around in bikini on the beach/everywhere else without swimming.

I love how you assume people give a rat’s behind if they can swim in the skin or not. I’ll give you a hint: they don’t. Even if this game didn’t have water people would want a swimsuit skin.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

I love how you assume people give a rat’s behind if they can swim in the skin or not. I’ll give you a hint: they don’t. Even if this game didn’t have water people would want a swimsuit skin.

/this

we would like a mod to reply here!

Posted by: FInN.7219

FInN.7219

As a pervert, I approve of this thread!

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

I really want to watch a huge Norn in a tiny bulging speedo /dancing in public.

Disciple of Quag

Posted by: taomang.2183

taomang.2183

Yes give us speedos. For Norn and Charr especially!!

Why?

Think of every little thing why you wouldn’t want to see this.

Thanks why.

Do the gear grind!

Posted by: Shadestrike.4372

Shadestrike.4372

I’d buy that speedo in a heartbeat and wear it with a tophat and boxing gloves.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Storage for costumes needs to be implemented in some way otherwise forget it. Not buying stuff that’s going to take up my very limited room trying to force me to buy more room. That’s just stupid. You want me to buy stuff you give me room to store it and I’ll gladly start buying stuff that takes up room.

Suggestions:

• Once you buy a costume/skin you “unlock” that skin for your account being able to apply it to any other item of the same type via drop down menu or NPC.
  • Outfit NPC. Once you buy an outfit you can show it to the npc to have the npc “remember” your costume/skin and can reclaim a copy at any time ala guild wars 1.

Do one of the above and I’ll be buying all sorts of costumes….well that and make sure they can be worn over armor without losing the armor value. Implement a checkbox on the various costume/cloths parts (left hand corner) when checked it overwrites any armor look in the same slot, unchecked it doesn’t.

These will get all my monies for costumes/skins

Ooooh gosh yes… I have nearly an entire bank tab full of town clothes (27/30 slots full of ACCOUNT bound town clothing). Add in Iron’s Tailpipe Bandana and that’s 28, not including the starting town clothing. I would really like more methods of storing items. My bank tab is full of random stuff that I can’t manage to store anywhere, and making alts to store things is getting tedious. I have multiple bank chars with too much stuff… (one of them has a few thousand salvage uses in inventory)

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Maybe they could make it an underwear skin change? It would limit some of what they could do in terms of “beach wear” (There wouldn’t be bracelets like in the OP’s picture, and there wouldn’t be sunglasses), but I can imagine quite a few people would pay to change that ugly yellow underwear.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

“Is that a dagger in your swimming shorts or are you just pleased to see me?”

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Seeing as more than half of the game is essentially “playing dress up”…

That said, I love it how people seem to immediately seem to go in an uproar whenever attractive girls with swimwear pop up on a “beach resort” (unthinkable, I know), but nobody means the half-naked dudes that were already there. What happened to “equality”? Where are the topless women?

UNDERWATER COSTUME BRAWL FTW

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

NickChabby.8907

Where do I assume a such thing? I considered it. Reread me:
Except if you want to walk around in bikini on the beach/everywhere else without swimming.

And I was just voicing my thoughts and a simple theory. I never spoke for the whole audiance. If we were to get a new swimsuit, we would have one already, except if they keep it for the last part of the update.

Nobody is against the idea, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen anytime soon either. We’re still waiting for the famous city minigames they announced during beta and the thousand of other outfits the NPC wears and we were promised of being able to wear too. Having a swimsuit just to show off your skin while you can simply remove your armor might not be on their priority list.

(edited by NickChabby.8907)

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

The swin suit is much more prettier, also for all those data miners out there I still ahevnt se the code for the bikini item, if there a code for the tentacle whip [&AgHSqAAA] there maybe is one for the skin so we can preview it.

NickChabby.8907

Well, I browsed through the item files and other than a leopard head hat, I haven’t found any new town clothes.

… Though I don’t know if the gauntlets from Flame’n’Frost were accessible from earlier updates. We still have another one coming soon for the last achievements.

Posted by: Pugsnotdrugs.2718

Pugsnotdrugs.2718

Yeah ANet. You’re missings out on loads of cash by not exploiting the males desperateness for seeing their toons in a metallic microkini.

They won’t do this. It’s human based. Metallic teeny bikini on sylvari, charr? No.

I like the “swimwear” theme idea of it, but the way they made it? Turning into tera a little bit now.
Would of been a lot nicer if it was say, pink with summery lilies, maybe a sarong, you know, BEACH and not STRIPPER.

Personal opinion on it. Don’t hate on an opinion, as I know a lot of people will not agree with that I think of it.

kipz.8701

And then there’s this also!

Attachments: