Your take on the Consortium?

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

Personally, when I saw the video introducing the Consortium, I thought to myself: “Why should I care about them? They don’t know how to run their business. They go to Southsun Cove, it doesn’t work and instead of finding out the why of this, they keep trying to make it a vacation hot spot.”

- I hope there is so much more to it than this, because I don’t find myself excited about this new content. I don’t integrate myself very much in it at all, because there is nothing that catches my interest. “Hey, here’s a company where the decision makers can’t run a company. They basically hope to compete with the Black Lion Trading Company, and don’t you guys think this is possible for them to do with their current mindset?”
- NO! I don’t… really, I just don’t, and I just ended up not caring at all.

I have begun chasing some titles and achievements in the original Guild Wars and get as much from there until GW2 steps up and improves on itself.
- There are so many core aspects of the game that needs improving before adding new features and mechanics can even be considered wise.
PvP is good. Needs more modes, but is generally good with the skills and such. The PvE on the other hand grows stale.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Can’t tell if this is a consortium speculation thread or an excuse to post complaints. If it is supposed to be the former:

I’ve been interested in the story so far; the settlers being exploited by the consortium and the lion’s guard not being able to intervene has drawn me in. I do also assume that the consortium have other motives – the most basic story would be that they’re secretly digging for something valuable (be it a treasure, raw materials or some other source of financial gain or power) and that the whole resort thing is just a front.

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

Yeah and then that Consortium guy stole my bike!… Wait, what?

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I see them are morally corrupt business men/women, though not evil.

As for why they are exploiting the settlers, they are trying to at least break even on their “Southsun” project. They sunk a lot of money into trying to make it a vacation spot, which was a total failure. When the refugees came into Lion’s Arch from the Molten Alliance attacks, the Consortium saw an exploitable resource.

They played the “nice guy” role with offering the refugees supplies, resources, and a offering them a new ‘home’. All they needed in return, was for them to sign on the dotted line. Once they signed over most of their rights, the Consortium was then able to use them as they would.

As for why the Lionsguard can’t intervene, while probably a bit more than shady, the contracts the settlers signed were legal, and they were signed willingly.

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Consortium = NCSoft

Obviously. =)

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

I see <NCSoft> are morally corrupt business men/women, though not evil.

As for why they are exploiting <ANet>, they are trying to at least break even on their “<GW2>” project. They sunk a lot of money into trying to make it a <WoW Clone>, which was a total failure. When <ANet> came into <the MMO market> from the <players’> <demands for a sequel>, the <NCSoft> saw an exploitable resource.

They played the “nice guy” role with offering <ANet> supplies, resources, and a offering them a new ‘home’. All they needed in return, was for them to sign on the dotted line. Once they signed over most of their rights, <NCSoft> was then able to use them <to run a skeezy RNG gamblescam>.

As for why the <US Government> can’t intervene, while probably a bit more than shady, the <RNG gamblescam> <ANet> <was made to add> were legal, and they were signed willingly.

Corrected your post for clarity.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

(edited by DaMunky.6302)

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

Ouch! You guys are mean! As for the why’s, I think that the Consortium is a not-for-profit company that made an edgy investment with this new island that, for whatever reason, was presented to them as a great business opportunity. Now they are in full damage control, trying to get something, anything out of it to turn a profit. As for why we care, we’re adventurers, explorers, mercenaries – this is an adventure for us to put our hero name on. We aren’t shopkeepers in Lion’s Arch.

Posted by: Soronthar.7236

Soronthar.7236

And here I was, thinking that we where there for the eggs.. sorry, for the crates.

Posted by: mosttoys.6192

mosttoys.6192

I’m thinking there’s something much more sinister going on. References to schisms in the Captain’s Council in Lion’s Arch, the dragon festival controversy, and the growing influence of the Consortium in the politics of Lion’s Arch are pointing toward something more than just resort developers.

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

here is my take on the consortium.
finally we have some compatision for the trading post. cause the Tax for the BLTC is 15% or 1copper. and their pushing prodicts to the coustomer only way they can do that atm is eathor southson cove or BLTC. and yes their more concernd with making a profit if busness wernt concernd with that then there wouldent be busness. i jsut hope that they open up an auction house and have it take 10% of the final price who knows we may be getting dusk at 500g insted of 600g. or T6 mats at half price. and who knows the consorium may open up player houses.

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I’m thinking there’s something much more sinister going on. References to schisms in the Captain’s Council in Lion’s Arch, the dragon festival controversy, and the growing influence of the Consortium in the politics of Lion’s Arch are pointing toward something more than just resort developers.

They are EEEEEVIL!
EVIL, I tell you!
I’m warning you, I’m warning you all!

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”