Is Scarlet a Villain Sue? [Merged ]

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

This game seriously needs more “villainy” of Grand Admiral Thrawn’s kind.

If only we could get Timothy Zahn. Though Jeff Grubb is working somewhere in there, I thought I heard, so there’s that.

Though . . . there are compelling arguments for Thrawn also being a villain sue, this is not the place to debate that detail.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Vodac.9742

Vodac.9742

Crazy laugh, jokester appearance, skill with machines/gadgets, has a lot of minions, funny taunts, good voice actor, and trying her best to destroy everything…

Yep. Shes pretty much the Joker.

Now who is going to be Batman…. O_o

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Crazy laugh, jokester appearance, skill with machines/gadgets, has a lot of minions, funny taunts, good voice actor, and trying her best to destroy everything…

Yep. Shes pretty much the Joker.

Trahearne? It can’t be us, we’re not allowed to get involved. Other options are Faren or Logan (he could be Gordon though). And Anise is Batgirl (ties with the police force).

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

This game seriously needs more “villainy” of Grand Admiral Thrawn’s kind.

If only we could get Timothy Zahn. Though Jeff Grubb is working somewhere in there, I thought I heard, so there’s that.

Though . . . there are compelling arguments for Thrawn also being a villain sue, this is not the place to debate that detail.

True on both fronts. But still, I’d still prefer Thrawn’s sueism to Ms Deranged Cartoon Clown’s any day.

The problem is that Jeff and Ree are either very busy with building the overarching lore (and giving into the subpar ideas of the new writers) or are held back so the LS writing team can have their “fun.”

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The problem is that Jeff and Ree are either very busy with building the overarching lore (and giving into the subpar ideas of the new writers) or are held back so the LS writing team can have their “fun.”

Mm, no, the problem might be that the LS writers are trying to have it be “fun and entertaining” as opposed to “stirring and exquisite writing”. Which is good, because people shooting for “stirring and exquisite writing” sometimes risk missing the mark and moving right on into “boring and pretentious” or too far into “just plain boring”. Like shooting for Inception and instead getting Minority Report.

. . . on a semi-related note? Who is voicing Scarlet Briar?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BobbyStein

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Next

I can’t comment on what Ree and Jeff are working on, but I can say that I’m ultimately responsible for the quality of the Living World story. I don’t imagine we’ll please everyone with our new direction, but that’s true of any story. That stated, I encourage people to leave their feedback. Just please be respectful.

Mm, no, the problem might be that the LS writers are trying to have it be “fun and entertaining” as opposed to “stirring and exquisite writing”. Which is good, because people shooting for “stirring and exquisite writing” sometimes risk missing the mark and moving right on into “boring and pretentious” or too far into “just plain boring”. Like shooting for Inception and instead getting Minority Report.

This is true.

Tara Strong

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0152839/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I’m glad that we were able to fight the boss alone (although it was kind of abrupt when Braham and Rox left me to continue without really much to go with. I mean, they did sort of, maybe, obscurely say they would stay behind, but it wasn’t very well stated.

Additionally, it took me a while to figure out you had placed arrows on the map to help guide me since it was a bit confusing at first (I ran around a few times lost before finding the first opening).

Overall, I found the dungeon really fun and definitely do-able for all players solo (although the first 2 Twisted Hounds at Faren attack you while you have to do the objective, which is kind of annoying, especially if they merge into a Veteran).

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

I hope Scarlet isn’t the personal nemesis that you guys had in mind. She would be a really disappointing nemesis.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I hope Scarlet isn’t the personal nemesis that you guys had in mind. She would be a really disappointing nemesis.

Don’t worry. Kiel is pulling all the strings here. Mark my words…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Might be more fun and entertaining if I could actually relate to the villain’s motive, let alone believe that the villain could actually exist in the narrative. They may as well have just said that freak weather conditions interrupted the festival; at least they don’t have to try to explain why a hurricane graduated from all three asura colleges.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Suuuuuuuuure she is…

Attachments:

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Suuuuuuuuure she is…

Also of note, that she sent Logan off very . . . VERY . . . quickly. Suspicious?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

I don’t get why people keep trying to point at Kiel since the theories involving her made no sense whatsoever to begin with.

I think Scarlet Briar is interesting. Its not been a bad introduction for her. I do hope we get to see more about her and her motivations later. The super smart thing fits the plot. If she wasn’t people would be commenting on how she was supposed to be able to pull all this off. If she was asura, people would be complaining about another super smart asura badguy. In the end, I think Scarlet’s identity was a pretty good choice.

in Clockwork Chaos

Thalador.4218

I can’t comment on what Ree and Jeff are working on, but I can say that I’m ultimately responsible for the quality of the Living World story. I don’t imagine we’ll please everyone with our new direction, but that’s true of any story. That stated, I encourage people to leave their feedback. Just please be respectful.

I do apologize for the harsh tone. Got carried away a little…

However, this new direction you are forcing on Tyria is very out of place. I understand that we are 250 years ahead now, and things change (definitely not this much, though), but compared to the whole universe that Guild Wars 1 introduced and which was expanded by most of vanilla Guild Wars 2, this “new direction” is not about that universe anymore. Not only in the twists and the unfolding plot, but the genre and style even. Personally, I think you’re pushing sci-fi too much into a fantasy game – even if that sci-fi is mostly technobabble here. No good will come out of such hybrid, especially not in the dose that is being pumped into GW2.

Also, as I mentioned in the other thread: build-up. NPCs seemingly knew of Scarlet. We’ve known of some silver-tongued wench who coerced the Flame Legion and the dredge into an alliance and of whom Mai Trin was greatly afraid of, yes, but in those months that passed between F&F and now our players could surely have discovered something. At the same time, this invasion is just really over the top. The MA was basically annihilated, yet they are back, reinforcing Scarlet’s futuristic armies. We’ve slaughtered Aetherblades by the thousands, yet they are still pillaging and with more airships than the Pact has ever had. Besides, there should’ve been signs of a coming mecha horror army being mobilized… unless they came from the future/an alternate reality, too. Why is that the PCs (and this was a major flaw in GW1, too) are always the last to learn of things happening of the world?

For once, it’d be worth to try “stirring and exquisite” writing… Who knows, it might actually work.

A thousand times this. Although I’m afraid she is the PN.

A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

(edited by Thalador.4218)

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

For once, it’d be worth to try “stirring and exquisite” writing… Who knows, it might actually work.

. . . you realize the last time we had this attempt, it was Kormir and Abaddon, Gwen and the Vanguard, and Trahearne. I liked all these things but I recognize they really . . . fell short for a rather large amount of people.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

Well, scarlet…

I am starting to feel that the writers have no sense of subtlety when writing for their heroes or villains. Scarlet is so patently absurd a character that I have a hard time taking the living story seriously at all.

The hints of a greater conspiracy for the last few months leading to this is a bit of a let down.

If you want to be a villain in the GW2 universe just laugh like a crazy person announcing “IM EEEEVIL MUAHAHAHAHA” repeatedly just so you know people really undestand that you are.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

. . . you realize the last time we had this attempt, it was Kormir and Abaddon, Gwen and the Vanguard, and Trahearne. I liked all these things but I recognize they really . . . fell short for a rather large amount of people.

I don’t know about anyone else, but if Scarlet were on Trahearne’s level, I’d think much more highly of this content. I’d probably be around ‘meh, at least i can enjoy the mechanical improvements’ rather than ‘guess i’m spending this fortnight chewing on my steam backlist’.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gwylen.3462

Gwylen.3462

Oh, also? “Eeeeveryone’s heard about Scarlet!”

Yeaaaaaah. The writers really need to work on building villains instead of pulling them out of thin air like this. Especially if they’re so super special that they apparently are a master student of all three asura colleges and mentors from every other race ever.

It was kinda easy to miss, but she was mentioned during Dragon Bash, in the Aetherblade Dungeon, Mai Trin, I think it was, said something at the end of the dungeon along the lines of ’Scarlet’s not going to be happy’ …Don’t quote me exactly, but she was definitely mentioned c: Not a huge mention, but still a mention xD

Gwylen (Aurora Glade [EU])

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharGwyl

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I’m Batman..!
/Gargles gravel

in Clockwork Chaos

Thalador.4218

Kormir and Abaddon were nicely written – I’m not saying it was perfect, but it was definitely compelling and interesting. (The only reason people dislike Kormir is because “she’s done nothing” – mechanics-wise – and stolen “their” godhood. They can’t seem to grasp that the gods’ gift to Kormir was the blessing with which she could absorb Abaddon’s knowledge and power without blowing up herself, the Realm of Torment, and Tyria.)

Gwen’s story wasn’t boring at all. It was really good seeing her grow up and become the Captain of the Ebon Vanguard. Yes, her phases of emo and her tsundere behavior with Keiran were sometimes difficult to bear, but otherwise her coping with those issues was done very well.

Trahearne is also suffering from the “alleged credit-stealer syndrome” – as well as his prowess in battle. But aside from his emotionless robo-voice and his roller coaster of a depression/self-doubt, he isn’t that bad. He’s one-sided, true, but not as terrible as some make him out to be.

All of these examples are stellar compared to Scarlet – or at least of what we’ve seen of her so far. (Even in looks… I swear, the corrupt Abaddon with his glowing globe mouth, pincers, and six eyes is a better sight than that crazy red hair and that goofy bark face.)

(edited by Thalador.4218)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I don’t get why people keep trying to point at Kiel since the theories involving her made no sense whatsoever to begin with.

There was no way Evon should have lost that election. Thus, Kiel must have had some underhanded plot to steal the council seat. My theory is: Kiel winning = Kiel evil. Sorta like 1 + 1 = 2. It’s the perfect plot twist, since now she can pull strings to assist the Aetherblades and her Grand Vice Admiral…

My Dangerscope 5000 says so.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Kormir and Abaddon were nicely written – I’m not saying it was perfect, but it was definitely compelling and interesting. (The only reason people dislike Kormir is because “she’s done nothing” – mechanics-wise – and stolen “their” godhood. They can’t seem to grasp that the gods’ gift to Kormir was the blessing with which she could absorb Abaddon’s knowledge and power without blowing up herself, the Realm of Torment, and Tyria.)

Gwen’s story wasn’t boring at all. It was really good seeing her grow up and become the Captain of the Ebon Vanguard. Yes, her phases of emo and her tsundere behavior with Keiran were sometimes difficult to bear, but otherwise her coping with those issues was done very well.

Trahearne is also suffering from the “alleged credit-stealer syndrome” – as well as his prowess in battle. But aside from his emotionless robo-voice and his roller coaster of a depression/self-doubt, he isn’t that bad. He’s one-sided, true, but not as kittenome make him out to be.

All of these examples are stellar compared to Scarlet – or at least of what we’ve seen of her so far. (Even in looks… I swear, the corrupt Abaddon with his glowing globe mouth, pincers, and six eyes is a better sight than that crazy red hair and that goofy bark face.)

I know, I understand, and we agree a lot on the trio of things I pulled out of GW lore. However, even you can admit they met with anything from open hostility to “not her again”. (Gwen had a team of vocal detractors for the makeover, once the “she’s alive?!” wore off. I got to hear about it a fair amount.)

But we can disagree on Scarlet. Largely because I think we still have much to find out rather than “we know all we will ever find out”. You know, like Modus Sceleris.

. . . I do hope we get more of them.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I love Scarlet myself.

See below.

Attachments:

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

Tara Strong

She voices Bubbles, Batgirl, the asura announcer in the pavillion, and now Scarlet. Is there something this woman can’t do?

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tara Strong

She voices Bubbles, Batgirl, the asura announcer in the pavillion, and now Scarlet. Is there something this woman can’t do?

Play someone well-adjusted and sane?

Also add Twilight Sparkle (Ponies), Raven (Teen Titans), and Rikku (Final Fantasy 10). From things I was reminded of by two dozen or so friends who went: “OMG! TARA!”

in Clockwork Chaos

Eldrake.1543

Tara is a good actress, but a good voice doesn’t redeem a terribly written character.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BobbyStein

Previous

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Next

…I think we still have much to find out rather than “we know all we will ever find out”.

There is a lot more to come. The Living World story is paced very differently than other content in the game, partially due to the nature of how we build and release it. I won’t spoil anything other than say that we’ll reveal more in time.

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tara is a good actress, but a good voice doesn’t redeem a terribly written character.

And a well-written character can be doomed by bad voice acting. (See: Heero Yuy in the US dubbing of Gundam Wing. The director’s fault, notably.)

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

…I think we still have much to find out rather than “we know all we will ever find out”.

There is a lot more to come. The Living World story is paced very differently than other content in the game, partially due to the nature of how we build and release it. I won’t spoil anything other than say that there’s more to come.

Doesn’t surprise me, if the story is supposed to slowly unwind and Scarlet around for a while (put down the pitchforks people), we’re likely to learn more about things. Or, alternatively, be led to intuit things based on minor details sprinkled about.

. . . I prefer the second option, actually, just because it gets more mileage for the fans who follow lore to discuss

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

I’m all happy as long as I’m allowed to keep Scarlet as as Pet and kill off Kiel …

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

I enjoyed Scarlet. Yes, she is a generic cartoon villain, but generic cartoon villains, especially when well acted like Scarlet is, are a lot of fun. And I play video games for fun. I don’t play video games for incredibly deep characters, those are just nice bonuses.

All I’m saying is: this is the first time I have had legitimate fun in a Living Story instance.

Also, this was her intro. We know nothing about her. I agree her build-up was terrible, but I don’t understand why people are complaining about her back-story. The Aetherblades have always been working with the Inquest, so they obviously had something to do with her college graduation.

If her college graduation is even legit, since we only have ONE source saying it is.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I do agree that Scarlet’s personality seems kind of Sue-ish, but I think more of the How? when it comes to it. Often times, there is usually some kind of logical explanation to someone’s unrealistically perfect job resume.

First of all, she’s a sylvari. How does she end up attending the same colleges that are normally exclusive to the asura? Or rather, are these colleges now accepting non-asura applicants? Could a brand new non-asura character one day branch from their personal story to attend an asuran college?

Second, even if the Asuran Colleges accepted a non-asura applicant, how did Scarlet graduate from all three of them? Is that even technically possible? For most asura, they generally graduate from one college and go on their merry ways.

Although Scarlet displays some of the characteristics of a Sue, I think there’s some sort of back-story that we have yet to hear about which would then reveal some of her faults and shortcomings.

I theorize that she might have been “carried” by the Inquest, sort of like how a low-performing “baddie” tags along in high-level raid content in other MMOs, and some how magically sticks around and pretends to be awesome-by-association … but in reality, Scarlet is nothing more than a common con. However, instead of being put down by the Inquest, they decided to turn Scarlet into something more sinister and thus create the non-asura version of the Inquest known as the Aetherblades, with Scarlet being the leader.

If anything, I’d imagine Scarlet to have some sort of involvement in the Thaumanova Reactor explosion.

That’s my take on it anyway.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Clockwork Chaos

Eldrake.1543

I am going to have to assume that Scarlet is the personal nemesis.

In which case, I feel insulted that such a lame character could possibly be my nemesis. I’d rather see her gone forever.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shriketalon.1937

Shriketalon.1937

Respectful constructive criticism attempt coming up!

I would describe Scarlet as well acted, poorly written. She herself is doing just fine. The voice actress is clearly having a blast and pulling off a nice maniacal villain, which meshes very well with her twisted choice of minions. It’s the exposition surrounding her, however, which doesn’t fit well.

You can’t impress people by injecting fake accomplishments into the world, it simply doesn’t fit and comes across as contrived. If the villain is extremely well known and amazing, they would have shown up on our radar far beforehand. More importantly, if you break the established norms of the world to try to demonstrate how super-special-awesome the character is, it feels forced rather than epic.

Let me give you an example. Say I showed you this character: Gragnack the Skulldecimator. Gragnack was an orphan charr who was raised by Norn and found to be an awesome warrior and mystic. He studied with the shamans of the great Spirits of the Wild and was requested by all four to become the new havroun, but rejected them all. Instead, he traveled across all of Tyria, defeating one of every powerful species he could find, and now invokes an occult power mightier than any known shaman’s strength that lets him bend all animals to his will.

Does this character sound amazing and impressive? Almost certainly not, because his power level and plausibility are completely insane. It takes everything we currently know about the Norn and the Spirits and turns it on its head for the sake of making one character sound super-special-awesome. If there were a charr shaman, we would know about it. If there was a charr shaman powerful enough to be havroun, he would have made a huge blip on the cultural radar. But when taken to the level of Best Shaman Ever!!!!, the character breaks straight out of the “rather implausible” and straight into the “bullskritt” category.

So, three points.

1) Fake accomplishments have no teeth. I don’t care if you tell me a brand new character just introduced beat up Jormag with nothing but a rusty can opener and a doylak skull, it still sounds like something you made up to make that character look cool. Because you did. Breaking the suspension of disbelief kills any possible appreciation for the new character.

2) You don’t need the character’s power level to be over 9000. The attack on the city was magnificent, but hearing Vorpp gush about the accomplishments of this super-special-awesome new prodigy was physically painful. If you had simply said “she was a sylvari accepted into the College of Synergetics who studied under -InsertPortalSpecialistNameHere-, then murdered her master and krewe and stole all their research”, it would have sounded perfect. Plausible but noteworthy, with a touch of cruel and villainous.

3) Show, don’t tell. Build, don’t force. If you want us to fear and respect the villain, have them do villainous deeds that instill fear and respect. If you want that villain to be grand and magnificent, build them up over time and use a series of events to instill a sense of grandiosity. Introducing a new character and telling us that they are important and amazing doesn’t work because it doesn’t feel real. If you show us the character being amazing and demonstrate how they interact and impact the world, it creates the persona of a grand nemesis organically.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

She’s just has the Nightmare brains.

She got crazy in the coconut with nightmare. And those care only about causing chaos all over the place, they are nuts like that. That happens when a genius goes bananas, and this one went the whole fruit basket, with vegetable juices and some sugar sprinkles.

I am going to have to assume that Scarlet is the personal nemesis.

In which case, I feel insulted that such a lame character could possibly be my nemesis. I’d rather see her gone forever.

I will ONLY accept a nemesis I get to design just like my character. Choose race, apperance, gear, dye job, personality, voice, type of minions they have, etc.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

There is a lot more to come. The Living World story is paced very differently than other content in the game, partially due to the nature of how we build and release it. I won’t spoil anything other than say that we’ll reveal more in time.

So there’s more to Scarlet than what we’ve seen and heard so far. I kind of did have a double-take at the whole genius bit, I’m curious to see where this goes.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

I don’t get it. The way i see it is that she just wants to be evil for the
fun of it and acts like a lunatic.

This is basically the same as Kefka and everyone loves that guy,
he is by many considered to be the best villain of the whole FF series,
so why the whole Scarlett bashing?
Don’t get me wrong, i think the character could have been done better
but the way the LS is structured i think the writers did a decent job,
i mean if you go down the route of ’’I’m doing this just because i am so evil. Harrharr!‘’
then it’s better to create a character similar to Scarlett insted of for example
Baelfire who didn’t have a motive at all but was evil
‘for some reason i guess(?)’

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

she sounds like she has a joker complex.

i didn’t even know non-asura could join the colleges.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i mean if you go down the route of ’’I’m doing this just because i am so evil. Harrharr!‘’
then it’s better to create a character similar to Scarlett insted of for example

baelfire wants to be the supreme ruler of the charr, as well as become a god or some kitten. he has reasons.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

baelfire wants to be the supreme ruler of the charr, as well as become a god or some kitten. he has reasons.

Yes that makes sense but a reason to seek power doesn’t equal a reason for being evil.
Also i’m not familiar with gw1 lore so… It’s just that the point was brought up that
not many villains in that universe seem to have good reasons for what they do.

I just think that a ‘Deadpool’ does make more sense than a ‘serious’ villain
who’s lacking purpose.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

I think the writing went into Anise and Logan’s … Rivalry? There’s a bunch of distrust and hidden agendas regarding Anise towards Logan. You guys notice that in the Funhouse? Scarlet is fantastic to me, but those two is what got my interest.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Scarlet is cool, but it’s pretty obvious that someone else is pulling the strings.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

ITT: “People like things that I don’t like so they have crappy taste.”

in Clockwork Chaos

Eldrake.1543

I think the writing went into Anise and Logan’s … Rivalry? There’s a bunch of distrust and hidden agendas regarding Anise towards Logan. You guys notice that in the Funhouse? Scarlet is fantastic to me, but those two is what got my interest.

Wasn’t it Anise who had the bright idea to have Logan fight a Rytlock illusion? I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the catalyst for that.

There’s a lot of plot potentials for that. But judging from the living story, we will probably get yet another month of Aetherblades, but this time they invade Halloween!!111!1!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Yes that makes sense but a reason to seek power doesn’t equal a reason for being evil.
Also i’m not familiar with gw1 lore so… It’s just that the point was brought up that
not many villains in that universe seem to have good reasons for what they do.

I just think that a ‘Deadpool’ does make more sense than a ‘serious’ villain
who’s lacking purpose.

Baelfire is evil because he’s Fire Legion; the old rulers of the Charr during the period of GW1. They’re superstitious fascists, racists and sexists and no one wants to be under their rule.
They’re kinda like kittens.
-Edit, they censored it… the people who followed Hitler?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

I am serious when I say this but the Mad King felt threatening, minus past 4 of halloween which should be deleted where as a lot of these other bad guys do not or a joke. He feels a cross from the joker in the original batman movie with the new one!

Again Aetherplate pirates are clowns with bad batteries.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

This is why I like Scarlet. She’s a fun, over the top villain.

in Clockwork Chaos

Eldrake.1543

I am serious when I say this but the Mad King felt threatening, minus past 4 of halloween which should be deleted where as a lot of these other bad guys do not or a joke. He feels a cross from the joker in the original batman movie with the new one!

Again Aetherplate pirates are clowns with bad batteries.

The Mad King is more deserving of the title as the personal nemesis than Scarlet is. I mean, I am eagerly anticipating his arrival. He’s nemesis material.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

None of these complaints would be valid if that random line about her mentoring with the races and mastering the colleges wasn’t shoehorned in. What a silly storytelling mistake.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i liked her and both instances, her voice is amazing, the actress was pure awesomeness!

anise and logan are always like that, even in the human personal story… the fact is anise is a smart, cunning, plotting secret agent that is in to sacrifice some life for the greater good and the queen…
while logan is just like a guardian in love with the queen… he has no better judgement when it comes to her, and he is simple minded… or at least it lacks the skills t be involved in anise scheming… would you trust logan with the secret that the queen was a clone? he couldn’t be believable… and i think this is the reason why scarlet believed the queen was true. if scarlet is so prodigy she is also observant.
also rytlok and zojja figured it out earlier that the queen was a clone… logan was to busy to show off and be fuzzy down there thinking about her^^

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride