Logan protecting/saving the kid ...

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

… with aegis during the bombing at the queen’s speech = blatant attempt to make us like Logan more?

It has failed. PLEASE kill him off.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

I like Logan. I don’t like you. Does that mean that I have to wish for your death now?

Glorious Human Master Race

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I like Logan. I don’t like you. Does that mean that I have to wish for your death now?

+1

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I like Logan. But I really want Keiran back instead of this current Thackeray.

Why? It’s simple. He’s a ranger with a OHKO skill.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: negerleif.2106

negerleif.2106

Logan is awesome!! almost as awesome as Tybalt!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

Logan is voiced by Troy Baker

TROY BAKER

He’ll break you down and rebuild you twice as good!
HE"S GONNA RENOVATE YOUR *!

(Also – Joel from Last of Us, Booker from Bioshock Infinite, Male Voice 1 in Saints Row 3 and 4, etc etc etc)

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

(edited by Grimno.6172)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: AmBoSS.7129

AmBoSS.7129

I thought that was a pretty nice and cool move, though I don’t know why he let those other people die

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

People like Logan?

If you do, do you also like Trahearne? (shudders)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

People like Logan?

How is that an even comparison?

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Douwe.1746

Douwe.1746

People like Logan?

This won’t end well!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Logan is an incredibly fallible character.

Trahearne is The Son, The Father, and the Holy Salad.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I don’t remember that Logan part. All I remember is Braham and Rox following me around.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shagaz.6209

Shagaz.6209

Caithe > Logan > Zojja > Eir > Risen Chicken > Rytlock

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Logan is voiced by Troy Baker

TROY BAKER

He’ll break you down and rebuild you twice as good!
HE"S GONNA RENOVATE YOUR *!

(Also – Joel from Last of Us, Booker from Bioshock Infinite, Male Voice 1 in Saints Row 3 and 4, etc etc etc)

Skipped in the video “I mean yea Kanji was clearly gay, clearly gay” Well…. That escalated quickly.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I think Eir & Logan are the least offensively annoying of the mains. with Rytlock & Zojja just being totally jerks in an attempt to have “attitude”.

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I think Eir & Logan are the least offensively annoying of the mains. with Rytlock & Zojja just being totally jerks in an attempt to have “attitude”.

Rytlock doesn’t come off as a jerk if you’re not following Logan around. Seriously, my Blood Legion warrior had a completely different experience with him. And his interactions with Rox aren’t bad until she brings up the warband like a fangirl. (Which she is.)

Zojja on the other hand, and by extension most of the asura, always come off badly. I mean, even Vekk did from time to time but he grew on me a lot easier. Probably because he was less interested in showing off his intelligence over others and more about getting rid of the destroyers.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Kids are not allowed to die in games, otherwise it would’ve been banned in many countries.

in Clockwork Chaos

Zindrix.1750

But…but…Queen Jennahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(He probably cries himself to sleep every night while Countess Anise tucks in the Queen.)

in Clockwork Chaos

Direksone.3867

Rytlock doesn’t come off as a jerk if you’re not following Logan around. Seriously, my Blood Legion warrior had a completely different experience with him. And his interactions with Rox aren’t bad until she brings up the warband like a fangirl. (Which she is.)

Zojja on the other hand, and by extension most of the asura, always come off badly. I mean, even Vekk did from time to time but he grew on me a lot easier. Probably because he was less interested in showing off his intelligence over others and more about getting rid of the destroyers.

This. And once you get to know the background behind Logan and Rytlock and Eir and Zoijja you’ll understand the anger and bitterness. Read the Edge of Destiny novel or do some research and it will become clear. And yea in general those two races are pretty harsh to begin with. Asura are annoying little know it alls and Charr are bitter given their past (the majority at least). Every Asura in the other books I’ve read have the same type of character at first, but once they get to know them, they’re really something else.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I hate logan.

He is like all other dungeon quiter I met.

Oh no! real life issue, must leave dungeon for girlfriend and wife!

in Clockwork Chaos

Direksone.3867

I hate logan.

Yes! kitten those people with real life issues! kitten them all! And getting a replacement is so hard as well! Oh the misery!

in Clockwork Chaos

laokoko.7403

I hate logan.

Yes! kitten those people with real life issues! kitten them all! And getting a replacement is so hard as well! Oh the misery!

If it is so easy to get a good recruit, Logan will be replaced alerady.

And no Lord Feran is not a good replacement.

Logan is the party breaker which make Destiny’s edge fall apart. Like all other dungeon quiter.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

. . . but once they get to know them, they’re really something else.

I’d be perfectly happy if destroying the Elder Dragons for good meant we could explode Rata Sum into a crater.

. . . yes, it’s safe to say I am not a huge fan of the asura. If it weren’t for Moto I’d probably never set foot in Rata Sum again.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Can’t we just love everyone?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Can’t we just love everyone?

No.

in Clockwork Chaos

Direksone.3867

I hate logan.

If it is so easy to get a good recruit, Logan will be replaced alerady.

And no Lord Feran is not a good replacement.

Logan is the party breaker which make Destiny’s edge fall apart. Like all other dungeon quiter.

And now they’re back together. Please take your ‘dungeon quitter’ rant somewhere else as its totally irrelevent. gw2lfg.com and you get a replacement within seconds.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Eh, Logan just needs to loosen up a bit (which is why I like Anise constantly mocking him).

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Eh, Logan just needs to loosen up a bit (which is why I like Anise constantly mocking him).

Isn’t it weird his male ancestor used to keep saying that to his female ancestor?

. . . no I’m not going to drop it. Keiran was much better a Thackeray

in Clockwork Chaos

Zindrix.1750

They’re both competing for the same girl. Think about it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Nageth.5648

Doesn’t change Logan needing to lighten up a bit. I’m hoping that Logan eventually realizes this and introduces Caithe to Anise and we fix two members of DE in one shot. (And then we’d have both Caithe and Anise teasing Logan.)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Trahearne’s not bad, he’s just drawn that way. Same with Logan. It’s the implementation that makes them less fun to deal with.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: AlexMc.2083

AlexMc.2083

Isn’t it weird his male ancestor used to keep saying that to his female ancestor?

Keiran gave up being a Ranger to throw things and shout at people, ew.

“Even after death, I shall return! And all my enemies will burn, burn, BURN!”

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Keiran gave up being a Ranger to throw things and shout at people, ew.

Gave up? Ehh. From a game balance, it would have been crazy to have (normally available) four Ranger heroes and only two Paragon heroes. And from a story standpoint, the idea of a Paragon was pretty much what he was supposed to become.

But he made the most awesome Ranger with that sniper shot.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Kids are not allowed to die in games, otherwise it would’ve been banned in many countries.

Interesting! (Stupid, in my opinion, but interesting.) I didn’t know that!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Play the original Fallout.

in Clockwork Chaos

laokoko.7403

Are you implying Anise like girl and not boy?

I kind of have the heart for her. Don’t know she don’t like boy.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

The only reason people dislike logan is because everyone has a thing for… What was that pathetikittentle asuran’s name?

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Clockwork Chaos

Nageth.5648

You have to be blind to miss the stick up Logan’s…

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yeah, but he’s not all that bad. The first two parts of the human Personal Story show a better side to him. Not all that much better, but . . .

“Oh noes, it’s the White Mantle, run.”
“A-are you mocking me?”
“Yeah.”

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Name an example. Here’s a counterexample: The Last of Us.

in Clockwork Chaos

Nageth.5648

Yeah, but he’s not all that bad. The first two parts of the human Personal Story show a better side to him. Not all that much better, but . . .

“Oh noes, it’s the White Mantle, run.”
“A-are you mocking me?”
“Yeah.”

Which is why Anise’s character is necessary these days. Jennah didn’t do such a great job when she tried to help Logan took letting herself get kidnapped and "saved" by Logan to get him to face Rytlock. Anise handles Logan in a much more entertaining way.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

… with aegis during the bombing at the queen’s speech = blatant attempt to make us like Logan more?

It has failed. PLEASE kill him off.

How did prejudice creep into an MMO?

Come on! I am SURE that there are characters, or at least ONE that you like that many HATE.

Does he really show up that much for you? Really?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Which is why Anise’s character is necessary these days.

I’d say she was always necessary. We all know the Mursaat are coming back, and the Shining Blade are probably the only people who bothered hanging onto equipment to deal with that.

in Clockwork Chaos

Nageth.5648

Necessary from a story stand point, I mean. Logan’s character requires a counter point or it ends up feeling like we’re intruding on Logan and Jennah’s couples counseling session. And as much as I like Rytlock, his “grr, Logan bad” attitude wasn’t that entertaining.

in Clockwork Chaos

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Necessary from a story stand point, I mean. Logan’s character requires a counter point or it ends up feeling like we’re intruding on Logan and Jennah’s couples counseling session. And as much as I like Rytlock, his “grr, Logan bad” attitude wasn’t that entertaining.

It’s not entertaining at all, and I was really put off his character . . .

. . . until I started playing a Blood Legion charr. Then I really liked him and was glad my charr smacked him verbally for his attitude.

But playing an asura just made me wish Zojja had died instead of Snaff.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: sonja.4810

sonja.4810

Pfft, Logan didn’t save/protect Hobo-tron… So he is on my poopy people list.

and.. Zojja needs someone to smack her upside the head.. Preferably Snaff.. in a new fractal or timewarp thing with Thaumanova >_> hinthint

in Clockwork Chaos

DarksunG.9537

This. And once you get to know the background behind Logan and Rytlock and Eir and Zoijja you’ll understand the anger and bitterness. Read the Edge of Destiny novel or do some research and it will become clear. And yea in general those two races are pretty harsh to begin with. Asura are annoying little know it alls and Charr are bitter given their past (the majority at least). Every Asura in the other books I’ve read have the same type of character at first, but once they get to know them, they’re really something else.

Nah, she’s just annoying. Vekk & Oola are a good example of cool characters. Zojja is like a caricature of an Asura. Rytlock is not as bad, except for the Logan parts. but the way they do “tension/bitterness” is just annoying. I don’t feel the hurt, I just see jerks.

Anise handles Logan in a much more entertaining way.

You find being an jerk entertaining? ok.. Anise is another over-compensatey character. we’ll make her bossy, talk down to Logan for no logical reason, constantly jab with quips, be the “real” protector of the queen & that will be her “attitude”. nah, Anise blows.

I noticed eh only way they know how to make female characters is to give them “attitude” & make them irrationally powerful. It’s one of the Reasons Eir so cool, level-headed. And strong because she’s 9 ft of muscle not just cuz it’s “ironic”. she’s one of the few females in the game that isn’t like a Deviant Art character.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

in Clockwork Chaos

Nageth.5648

Now that we’re talking about Zojja, kind of weird that she isn’t around (Rytlock was mentioned). Pretty much the only characters that have been missing from the living story have been Zojja and Caithe (and Caithe isn’t into the whole celebration thing so the lack of her makes sense). Assume this is a scheduling problem.

You find being an jerk entertaining? ok.. Anise is another over-compensatey character. we’ll make her bossy, talk down to Logan for no logical reason, constantly jab with quips, be the “real” protector of the queen & that will be her “attitude”. nah, Anise blows.

You find Logan publicly calling out the Queen repeatedly in the middle of crisis situations to be okay? He rather repeatedly over steps his bounds. Anise is calling him out on this behavior.

(edited by Nageth.5648)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

When I saw that, I thought it was more about showing kids being killed in videogames (I didn’t even see Logan protecting him, just assumed he survived the explosion because of that).

For example, in Skyrim you can attack mostly anyone, but you can’t kill childs.

in Clockwork Chaos

DarksunG.9537

You find Logan publicly calling out the Queen repeatedly in the middle of crisis situations to be okay? He rather repeatedly over steps his bounds. Anise is calling him out on this behavior.

Repeatedly? you mean once? For a tactically idiotic move? (you don’t hide the Queen’s whereabouts from the most important, trusted human fighter in the world who’s single handedly done more to defeat the ED’s than either of these 2. that’s pant’s-on-head reasoning)

Overstepping his bound? You mean like “the queen exploded, there are monster everywhere, I don’t know what my defensive position is or how to find the Queen if she exists at all & it’s the woman I love & I’m supposed to act normal” that “over stepping his bounds?” that’s the “petulant” question that needs to be “called out”. that’s where Anise needed to step in for the queen & ask what he’s doing about hunting Scarlet down even though it’s none of her business. (& apparently it’s ok for her to over-step her bounds under the guise of attitude) After showing she’s not to be trusted by making the Clockwork show a personal attack on him.

yeah, Logan’s the one who’s off kilter here.. kitten