Why do people want to win the event?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Winning the event does nothing more than “losing” it. You still get your event reward loots and achievements, yet people seem to be hell-bent on ordering people around in chat to split up and blame commanders for stacking in Aetherblade Events. I don’t understand…

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Well there’s an achievement to kill Scarlet during an invasion, so you’d have to ‘win’ it for that. Once you’ve got that though, you get much more if you just farm champs, since you still get most/all the rewards at the end.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

You can’t get every achievement by failing. The most time-consuming ones, in fact, require you to “stop Scarlet’s portal invasions”.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

You can’t get every achievement by failing. The most time-consuming ones, in fact, require you to “stop Scarlet’s portal invasions”.

You always stop the portal invasions, whether you succeed or fail the event.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

There is only one event you can’t get by failing, and that’s defeating scarlet during an invasion. All the others you still get whether you win or lose.

in Clockwork Chaos

Milennin.4825

I’m pretty sure I’ve haven’t won an invasion in Frostgorge Sound, yet got my 13/13 achievement.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Ah, my bad. Sorry!

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: mehcetylene.2376

mehcetylene.2376

It’s a problem.

Succeeding in the event is hardly more rewarding than failing which is already incredibly more rewarding than doing anything else in the game. If it fails, everyone still has their stacks of champ bags and vendor trash for running around picking their nose.

This makes it more difficult for the people that actually play to beat content as opposed to just get more loot with minimal effort.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“You still get your event reward loots and achievements, yet people seem to be hell-bent on ordering people around in chat to split up and blame commanders for stacking in Aetherblade Events. I don’t understand…”

It’s because some people want to play the game rather than rationalize it down to a time for gold ratio. There’s no reason for them to sympathize with farmers who put their personal gold accumulation ahead of the community effort and community reward. Since however you started from view that only your wallet is important then you probably can’t appreciate that.

in Clockwork Chaos

Kagamiku.9731

It’s because some people want to play the game rather than rationalize it down to a time for gold ratio. There’s no reason for them to sympathize with farmers who put their personal gold accumulation ahead of the community effort and community reward. Since however you started from view that only your wallet is important then you probably can’t appreciate that.

Right, because doing the same invasion 50times with little reward is “fun”. Non-casual gamers need a bit more than repetition for their fun. The selfish ones are the people trying to make others play the game the way they don’t want to play it.

in Clockwork Chaos

Milennin.4825

And killing stuff isn’t playing the game? Then what am I doing when I’m killing stuff in the game? Also, there is no need for a community effort since losing the event does pretty much the exact same as losing it. Come again?

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

There are a lot of people who play these events and consequently, a lot who still need to actually kill scarlet. This means they have to finish the event.

There was even a guy from Anet in one of the games asking people who were farming to stop as they wanted to finish the event, so I guess it is a problem.

They have a very easy solution to fix it; which I hope they will do instead of nerfing it. Once the captain pops out, make the rest of the mobs invulnerable until they die, problem solved.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“The selfish ones are the people trying to make others play the game the way they don’t want to play it.”

I would be quite happy for farmers to go to their own overflow and kill champions as much as they want. Unfortunately when someone joins a zone they can’t choose the people they are playing with even though they are reliant on them to complete the event. They can’t kick the people who are only interested in their own loot bags and replace them with people who will work together to complete the event.

My loot bags are full every time I do these wars events and I’ve got more exotic items than I’ve ever seen in a week before. Nobody needs to become complicit in the failing of these events in order to get a decent reward for their time.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I try to complete them because I find that more fun, I can truly care less about the rewards from champ farming or completing it, they’re both fairly meh in my eyes.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

People like to boss others around

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I believe it is because people don’t know how the achievements work. As people said already, only one of them requires you to complete the event successfully.
To be honest, the first time I failed an event I got pretty mad… For 3 seconds. Then I looked at the right corner (I was tracking them) and I noticed that progress had been made, and off I went to save Faren.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Clockwork Chaos

Kagamiku.9731

“The selfish ones are the people trying to make others play the game the way they don’t want to play it.”

I would be quite happy for farmers to go to their own overflow and kill champions as much as they want. Unfortunately when someone joins a zone they can’t choose the people they are playing with even though they are reliant on them to complete the event. They can’t kick the people who are only interested in their own loot bags and replace them with people who will work together to complete the event.

So let me get this straight. I (and every other farmer) am supposed to sacrifice my farm so every kitten person who has yet to kill Scarlet can have their achievement? Mind you, farmers or no farmers, the event is successfully completed 50% or more of the time. So they maybe have to join another one or two invasions to get their achievement, while I’m endlessly trying to complete the achievement for them, with no benefit to myself. That makes perfect sense. Nevertheless, I got a better idea, how about you go take your self entitled butt to overflow, and complete the achievement there.

My loot bags are full every time I do these wars events and I’ve got more exotic items than I’ve ever seen in a week before. Nobody needs to become complicit in the failing of these events in order to get a decent reward for their time.

This event is only worth it if you’re farming champions. Otherwise, there are better places to farm. End of story.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

So let me get this straight. I (and every other farmer) am supposed to sacrifice my farm so every kitten person who has yet to kill Scarlet can have their achievement? Mind you, farmers or no farmers, the event is successfully completed 50% or more of the time. So they maybe have to join another one or two invasions to get their achievement, while I’m endlessly trying to complete the achievement for them, with no benefit to myself. That makes perfect sense. Nevertheless, I got a better idea, how about you go take your self entitled butt to overflow, and complete the achievement there.

This event is only worth it if you’re farming champions. Otherwise, there are better places to farm. End of story.

l o kittening l.

pot, kettle. kettle, pot

in Clockwork Chaos

Kagamiku.9731

The key difference is that I don’t try to dictate how some one spends their time in the game. Whether you’re farming or trying to complete the event, I don’t care. Just don’t factor me into your plans or expect me to act accordingly.

I’m not griefing, I’m not trying to make the event fail. I’m simply using the most productive means to farm champs.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Why? Because it’s better to succeed than to fail? You also get so much more loot by winning.

in Clockwork Chaos

Kagamiku.9731

But that’s completely untrue. You get a marginally better end reward for winning, at the expense of a ton of champion loot bags, if you’re not actively targetting the aetherblades. It’s very possible to both farm the champs and win the event, and that’s optimal, but when it’s one or the other…Champ farm is many times more lucrative.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Why? Because it’s better to succeed than to fail? You also get so much more loot by winning.

No. No you don’t. Don’t lie to people. You get one more bag/box each. That’s it and that’s assuming your map has made it to the final phase. I’ve failed/won enough to know.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

They have a very easy solution to fix it; which I hope they will do instead of nerfing it. Once the captain pops out, make the rest of the mobs invulnerable until they die, problem solved.

No, they should pull a Flame Shaman fix…meaning no new mobs spawn after the captain comes out. There, we’ve stopped the farmers, they have to complete the events to get more boxes, we’ve saved everything.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ Basically that. Honestly I’m surprised ANet hasn’t done it already.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Xprez.7130

Xprez.7130

No. No you don’t. Don’t lie to people. You get one more bag/box each. That’s it and that’s assuming your map has made it to the final phase. I’ve failed/won enough to know.

Don’t know where you’re playing or getting your numbers from…. I go from 2 of each box on a fail, to 5 boxes of each type on a win….

in Clockwork Chaos

Kagamiku.9731

Don’t know where you’re playing or getting your numbers from…. I go from 2 of each box on a fail, to 5 boxes of each type on a win….

He didn’t pull them from his kitten , like you just did.

This is the reward for a win:

Attachments:

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Xprez.7130

Xprez.7130

shhh… don’t say it to anyone! It will be our litle secret.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

People aren’t intentionally failing the event, they’re simply killing the aetherblades, which is part of the event. If you don’t like commanders mostly being on aetherblades/champions go get your own tag and lead people, it just so happens that aetherblades and the molten alliance has more champions than the portals so of course more people are on them.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

^Mostly that.

All this rubbish about relying on others is moronic: if anything it is EASIER to complete the events with FEWER people. If Aetherblades don’t matter anymore and half the population is farming them, it’s irrelevant that they’re scaled up. If you’re losing at this point the people who aren’t farming need to quit zerging around like lemmings, scaling up the events that do matter and being unable to complete them.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

by now i believe most people have completed the Scarlet Scrambler achievement, so the general consensus would be "It’s Farming Time …. ! "

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zacchaeed.2834

Zacchaeed.2834

Basically, yeah. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

There’s always that one person yelling ‘/say NEXT’ and ‘/say NEXT’ and ‘/map Stop farming guys, move on to the next event’

Tarnished Coast
Zacchaeed – Warrior | Alfvaldr – Guardian

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Turn the question on the head:
Why do people want others not to win the event?

Answer boils down to the same thing someone said: “People want to tell other people how to play.”

So can we stop it? If you want to fail the event and farm? Ignore it. If you want it to succeed? Follow leaders seeking to push the event through. This is really quite simple.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

LameFox.6349

If they do, it’s probably to do with the constant whining in /map rather than farming, considering you don’t need it to fail.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

First: Theres people that enjoy doing and winning the event (including me).

Second: Depending in what part of the event you get stuck you can get a difference of 2-5 chests (if you get the optional chest instead of the mats, they are like champs bags).

Third: Some people do it for the daily.

Forth: I agree that isnt going as intended, the reward for winning the event need to be bigger and the champs for scaling more difficult.

Fifth: For some not unknown reason, most people act like mobb when they are in huge groups, losing judgment abilities and start to do what the mass do. Thats not uncommon in internet, some commander put his tag, some people begin to go to where he is to check what they can do, then they create a zerg, resulting in people that want to complete the event becoming some class of mindless mobb that follow the commander and making more difficult to complete the event.
Thats why we ask to quit the tags (if someone not ask and order, etc; thats not me lol.), because other case with 5 commander tags the people that try to complete the event get minimized.
The problem is not the tag, but the people of course.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I try to complete them because I find that more fun, I can truly care less about the rewards from champ farming or completing it, they’re both fairly meh in my eyes.

Ditto. I try to complete them because I generally like to succeed at things when I play a video game. It’s fun when you actually work together as a server and complete the event by splitting up etc. Not everyone is obsessed with gold, loot and achievements…..just the majority it seems

Gandara

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: MinosLeksi.6259

MinosLeksi.6259

Just make this simple on yourself. If you want to farm then go farm ignore the chat. If you want to finish the event go kill minions. Just branch off with your own group or which ever group that’s doing that. Only challenge is champion nightmare which takes at least 2-4 groups depending on the people. Most of the events do finish within 45 mins or so, only twice have I seen it fail because there was a lack of players due to the time of day and map location such as Bloodtide Coast where some spawns are above or below caves by the nearest WP.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Ditto. I try to complete them because I generally like to succeed at things when I play a video game. It’s fun when you actually work together as a server and complete the event by splitting up etc. Not everyone is obsessed with gold, loot and achievements…..just the majority it seems

Going out of topic a litle:
Isnt the majority, according to a dev post (official source)https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Economy-concerns/page/2

But make no mistake. If you didn’t make your Gold from the Queen’s Gauntlet, or Champion farming, you’ll be left behind in terms of wealth. That’s why it’ll be interesting to see how Anet responds to this.

This is incredibly hyperbolous. In the last week, the median player earned less than 3 gold in the new content (that’s discounting all players who earned less than 1 gold).

Assuming there wasnt a massive quit of people in the last 12 days (whitch seems correct to me), that means that the same setup is actually working: people farming are significativly less than the not farmers, obviusly noticed in that such income media isnta farmer media and is not even near to it: the difference in people is big enough to send the number low.

However, you will see a lot of farmers going to all the invasions, because they are their farming ground now.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Sol.8341

Sol.8341

3 reasons :

(1) Clockwork Chaos Achievement

(2) Possible Daily "Kill Scarlet " achievement that counts towards meta for watch knight tonic

(3) Scarlet is like world boss – gives an extra chest with minimum 2 rares inside. Not sure if precusors possible but I think she’s like Claw of Jormag x 2 chances.

If your server is being nasty with people not aiming to complete the event, just guest to another mid – low population server.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Because succeeding is supposed to be better than farming, but given Theres a loophole to that.. Well.. Yeah.. Who gives a kitten about feeling good when you got so much gold it’s coming out of your backside.

I ? Karkas.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I don’t know about other servers, but when I manage to actually be in server on an event, I get to farm AND win the event, so both things are not mutually exclusive. Hell, I’ve even won quite a bit on overflows.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Look it is around for 2 weeks. Quit the moaning and groaning already.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Clockwork Chaos

Milennin.4825

Answer boils down to the same thing someone said: “People want to tell other people how to play.”

Except I don’t see people telling others to not win the event. At most I see people saying how they don’t care if they lose the event, and that the longer it stays, the more they can farm… but I’ve seen no one actively saying in chat that people should work together to make the event fail. Every time the farming spots are exhausted I see the farmers help the rest with the event to win it.

I don’t know about other servers, but when I manage to actually be in server on an event, I get to farm AND win the event, so both things are not mutually exclusive. Hell, I’ve even won quite a bit on overflows.

And this too. Every time there’s people yelling how we’re gonna lose the event because people are farming here and there or blaming the commander for not making the event progress fast enough… yet, every single time we manage to win the event regardless.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Glovebox.5724

Glovebox.5724

WOW… The community has gone to kitten. Seriously? You wonder why people want to complete an event? Limited time, and because people want to what is it… Oh yes, play the game! Stop thinking about your champion loot and realize you are being plain selfish. Plus, you said about how you shouldn’t force somebody to play how you do. Yet that is the case with people like you, you go into a map. Don’t bother about the event, event fails and everybody gives up and ends up doing the same thing.

Grow up and think of others.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

DOn’t worry ppl soon realise frostgorge farm is better then leave. Here comes the troll of this. You will have 75% of ppl gone from event succes completing your bs

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I get more loot succeeding the event than farming it.

Secondly, this “Killing thingies lowers the bar too so we aren’t hurting it” bullkitten going around is false because completing events reduces the bar WAY FASTER than just killing things.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I get more loot succeeding the event then farming it.

Highly unlikely, unless you put a lot of effort to farm badly.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I do not like to lose. :/
It’s as simpel as that, farming can be done 24/7 on frostgorge anyway.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I get more loot succeeding the event then farming it.

Highly unlikely, unless you put a lot of effort to farm badly.

For me it’s not farm badly, it’s getting good tags in when the swarm descends on anything labeled “Champion”. Rangers’ Axe autoattack helps though.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Clockwork Chaos

Posted by: Lilo.8230

Lilo.8230

How about this, to get Vorpp’s quest done you have to kill 3 different champions and you need a big enough zerg to do that, so I DO NOT want to complete this event I want CHAMPS. But sadly nobody is doing the event anymore I don’t think I can complete it now. I still have 4 more events to finish to even GET to the champ part, so now I’m screwed

Cub, Pye, Bay, Fir, Ona, Myci, Baiy, Eixx

in Clockwork Chaos

LameFox.6349

But sadly nobody is doing the event anymore I don’t think I can complete it now.

I’ll have to try telling it that next time it tries to put me in overflow, I’m sure it would be more reasonable if it only knew.