FYI, the secret achievement does exist...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Myth Shaia.4856

Myth Shaia.4856

Stay Dry, Stay Alive – avoid the tidal wave from Teq by using the launchers.

Listed under Bosses – Tequatl.

It just isn’t listed until you have it. It offers a fantastic view of the wave killing, erm, washing over the area where your fellow players are

…from elsewhere…
“I am not a complete idiot, there are some components missing still!” …

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I’ve seen that listed and I don’t have it. The wave hasn’t even happened while I was there.

in Tequatl Rising

Myth Shaia.4856

I suppose spending all that time learning how to kill him and failing spectacularly has its benefits, lol

…from elsewhere…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Why is it ‘secret’ though? Does it not appear for most people or something?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

It’s worth 0 AP, it’s just something they stuck in for the laughs.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

They need to do away with it because people keep purposely failing now to try and get it. It’s enough of a pain trying to get people to work together and kill the dragon without half the people purposely trying to sabotage the event for some stupid achievement that doesn’t even reward anything.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Does the tidal wave happen when Tequatl kills everyone on a failed event?(Not defense event, the actual event)

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Tequatl Rising

Myth Shaia.4856

Does the tidal wave happen when Tequatl kills everyone on a failed event?(Not defense event, the actual event)

Happens when you cannot defend the batteries or mega-laser cannon successfully.

Why is it ‘secret’ though? Does it not appear for most people or something?

It’s secret because it isn’t listed in your achievements section until you actually complete it.

Of course, now this is going to become the most wanted achievement, lmao!

…from elsewhere…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I’ve only seen the big wave once, but I avoided it because I was trying to D the north battery. It was one of those "OMG no one went there?" things. I guess it had to be an overflow. It was days ago, so I’m sketchy. I just remember seeing the wave coming and I was far enough that I managed to leg it out.

Darn, I should have ran towards it for a pad? Riiight.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

Just pulled off a jump over the tidal wave perfectly, got nothing.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The same, no achievement. And haven’t heard of anyone that got it this time, even if lot of people were going for it. Seems suspicious.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Never had the battery event fail, so I never got it.
The overflows that I get on can’t get to the battery event, and when I’m on the main server the battery event never fails. I guess I am not getting it.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I jump padded over the wave once, I don’t have the achieve. I call shenanigans. On whom, I’ll reserve comment

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kaellok.8143

Kaellok.8143

Here’s a picture of it, but it could be shopped, I dunno.
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gw2-tequatl-stay-dry-stay-alive-achievement.jpg

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: incandescence.6784

incandescence.6784

I’ve been on servers where like 20+ people jumped the tidal wave and nobody got the supposed achievement. I have jumped it twice, both times perfect jumps over the tidal wave, and did not get the achievement either time. Of course, the Tequatl achievements are buggy as hell anyway (such as power play, lol), so who knows if this one is real or not….

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

I think it depends on the jump pad you use to leap over the tidal wave

in Tequatl Rising

Myth Shaia.4856

It really does exist, I have it on my character

…from elsewhere…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Hmmm… strange. I never got it and know exactly, that I jumped over that wave using the jump pads not just once (unfortunately there were several tries where the defense didn’t work that well…)

I will double check that though when I’m home again.

EDIT: It seems like in my case it just hadn’t shown in the right corner of the screen when I got it, but was awarded correctly and now shows in my boss list… I used one of the pads you can use in order to advance between the west and east pad.

(edited by Rayti.6531)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Just got it today. I used the jump pad next to the Mega Laser to get it. Had to spam F, since a lot of people were trying at the same time, and only 1 person can jump.

Attachments:

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Just got it today. I used the jump pad next to the Mega Laser to get it. Had to spam F, since a lot of people were trying at the same time, and only 1 person can jump.

I don’t think that’s true. I got it yesterday on a “null-state” overflow server, and there were about twenty of us clustered on a single pad, but I got this one. Either I got extremely lucky or lots of people can get it at once.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

This is what happened to me while trying to get the chevio. I ran back near a jump pad and got ready to jump, since I seen that one of the batteries was taking to much damage and was not gonna make it over to help defend it in time. I guess about 10 other people had figured out that was what was gonna happen too, since we was all on the jump pad trying to hit F to make us jump.

I was the last person that it let hit the F button right as the wave crested on top of the pad. I did get launched by the pad but I did not make it over the wave it time. As my body hit the top of the wave it made me instead of careen over to next pad as when you see the Human Canon act done. No Instead, I was punted almost in a total vertically straight line, twice or maybe three times the normal height up into the air. I was not dead and I was not spinning in a ball as per the normal animation.

But unfortunately for me that was not gonna end well as the max height was reached and the games gravity set in pulling my now helpless self back to the ground. I realized very quickly that was gonna end in a death and looked at the mini map hoping that I could portal to a waypoint before the fall could do its deadly havoc. This was not going to be the case since well the only waypoint on the mini was you guessed it contested. I tried in vain to move the mini map a little over to get to the next waypoint and do some only possible in Star Trek mid air fall “Giving her all she’s got Captain” teleport to safety. That was not the case, as my fall had reached its max velocity and my poor little body met the ground with enough speed to crush every digital bone in my asurian body.

When she hit the ground there was a pause in time and its as if she had done the impossible and survived. She was standing upright as if nothing had happened. The game on the other hand, had ideas about what had happened and they just had not made up its mind what the consequences was gonna be at that second. When I went to walk away totally unscathed, for what felt like 5 seconds, the game decided that yes my character should die and did apply this aspect to my toon. In a flash, I went to the downed state and instantly died as if a zerg in WvW were hitting you with fifty different skills at the same time and no chance that hitting the self resurrecting skill could possibly do its intended function. She died as time resumed its normal flow in the continuum.

Without the award, the whole sequence of events was all for not. I was unable to secure the achievement and realized that anet must have wanted to take it out since it was counter productive, which as you might figure some of the other achievements just about are. You are not given points for helping, no, you are given them for wasting time. Sucked into the vortex you swim down to get a sunken treasure instead of swimming up out of the poisonous sea soup in the one named “I found It”.

If you ask me the Tidal Wave sent into the beach head should not have been what happens when you fail to protect the Mega Laser, but upon the fail for not meeting the time limit. Which I have never liked as a game mechanic for boss fights. But it would even seem more likely that the fish heads all around would have been the result of the wave as they were washed up on the beach at the same time.

in Tequatl Rising

Megis.9264

Could anyone that got it please mention which pad they used? I used the one directly south of the cannon, the one going further south, got nothing.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I used the one at the cannon that was pointed towards the western turrets (on the left if facing Teq).

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Me too. Heard about a hidden achi, checked it out and realised I’d already done it and gotten nothing.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

Me too. Heard about a hidden achi, checked it out and realised I’d already done it and gotten nothing.

Do you have the title unlocked?

I got my title and then found the secret achievement by mistake and it awarded it to me (gives 0 points). Jumped from mega laser pad towards the turrets.

in Tequatl Rising

Megis.9264

No achievement, gonna try another pad the next chance I get. I already have all the others.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Do you have the title unlocked?

I got my title and then found the secret achievement by mistake and it awarded it to me (gives 0 points). Jumped from mega laser pad towards the turrets.

Got my title few days ago, and tried for the achi again yesterday when we accidentally failed defence due to too many afkers. First time was jump from northern battery towards laser, yesterday was from laser to eastern turrets. Both times didn’t get anything. Both times noone else in the zone got the achi either. I start to suspect a troll.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

I used the jump pad at laser to get to the southern turrets. I actually died to the wave, but got the achievement beforehand. When I tried using the pad to get to the northern turrets, I survived but didn’t get the achievement.

I did have title unlocked already, so don’t know if it’s connected.

in Tequatl Rising

Megis.9264

Is it still bugged after the update?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I experienced the tidal wave for the first time the other night…holy crap that was more epic than the fight itself lol

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB