No longer a carebear game. Gratz

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Now if only the players could get out of their #1 spamming habits.

I can’t wait until all bosses get reworked.

If players quit this game because of the difficulty increase of “endgame” content then shame on them.

Some players wanted raids. Some players wanted more interaction on boss fights. Tequatl is now basically an open world Raid. Should it be this difficult? Yes. Should there be a timer? No. The cost for death is good enough for this boss encounter.

I believe Anet is on the right track here. Tequatl is not perfect, but hey its an online game and there are things called patches.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

I agree with you completely.

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I just hope they take lessons from this one to the next boss revamp.

Really they should have learned from Karka Queen. But maybe THIS time.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Now it’s instead a sit in the overflow for ten hours and pray that your main instance will finally pop kind of game. Much better.

in Tequatl Rising

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Now it’s instead a sit in the overflow for ten hours and pray that your main instance will finally pop kind of game. Much better.

There are many other things you can do in game that doesn’t require a zerg and give you good rewards for your time. Seriously, why do you even play?

Just sayin.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

but my #1 button does more damage than my skills

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: vhiran xergo.7802

vhiran xergo.7802

Even though I haven’t gotten very far against this boss and am always stuck in overflow, I think the content here is pretty good. It’s permanent, right? That doesn’t put all that pressure of getting it done in a short time frame or be SOL on me. I think it may have exposed other areas of the game that need to be examined though. Performance and mechanics issues should be the # 1 concern. I hate how long it takes me to load into a map and that pretty much everything else loads before my character and I can’t see where I’m going.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

There are many other things you can do in game that doesn’t require a zerg and give you good rewards for your time. Seriously, why do you even play?

Just sayin.

Why did you even by this game? If they make all bosses like this, the game will be dead.

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

Just sayin.

So your solution to the problem is to not do the content? The content you’re on here praising?

Wow, I don’t even know how to respond to that.

in Tequatl Rising

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Just sayin.

Why did you even by this game? If they make all bosses like this, the game will be dead.

Maybe if all bosses started out this hard at release this conversation wouldn’t be here.

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

Yep and this event is a giant dps check. Your utilities are useless(except Guardian relfects and Ele conjures)

5 years to build a game with interesting and varied combat mechanics.

1 year to dps checks.

(edited by Lucky.9421)

in Tequatl Rising

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Yep and this event is a giant dps check. You utilities are useless(except Guardian relfects and Ele conjures)

1 year to dps checks.

Except that organized guilds tell zerkers to stay with the turrets……….

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

Maybe if all bosses started out this hard at release this conversation wouldn’t be here.

Yeah this would be a dead forum.

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

And hard is the wrong word anyway.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Enigmus.3895

Enigmus.3895

Just sayin.

So your solution to the problem is to not do the content? The content you’re on here praising?

Wow, I don’t even know how to respond to that.

I think what he is saying is this is permanent content. It just came out and as such is going to be super busy during peak hours. If you can’t get into it right now just chill out and do something else and try to get in the next time it pops. You only need to get in once for the achievement so it’s no rush really. You can do things while in the overflow like farm resources needed for new crafting to 500 or go do jumping puzzles in the zone for the same reason. You don’t have to just stand around and twiddle your thumbs and gripe on the forums while you wait in overflow.

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

Because you can’t crit Teq. The fight is all about raw power and raw weapon damage. This is why elemental weapons are so effective.

in Tequatl Rising

Sardonia.8196

bosses in a game like this should have a 50/50 win rate. Not less than 1%. Make the events engaging and fun, not frustrating.

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

You can still Zerk on TQ. You don’t loose anything. Unless you are a prof that can convert toughness to power.

in Tequatl Rising

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Okay the correct word is difficult. Like I said…. GW2 is a carebear game.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ClumsyPanda.6897

ClumsyPanda.6897

So why You play it ?

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

I think what he is saying is this is permanent content. It just came out and as such is going to be super busy during peak hours. If you can’t get into it right now just chill out and do something else and try to get in the next time it pops. You only need to get in once for the achievement so it’s no rush really. You can do things while in the overflow like farm resources needed for new crafting to 500 or go do jumping puzzles in the zone for the same reason. You don’t have to just stand around and twiddle your thumbs and gripe on the forums while you wait in overflow.

So we’re supposed to accept that new content is going to be impossible to do for a large portion of the playerbase until the locust swarm has moved on to something else?

Sorry but I don’t buy into that. It’s time to start designing the content better. One of the core pillars of this game was that players should be able to get right into it without waiting around for hours. That pillar is now shattered much like the no gear grind pillar.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

bosses in a game like this should have a 50/50 win rate. Not less than 1%. Make the events engaging and fun, not frustrating.

95% of the events in this game are easy. Us hardcore players finally have a metaevent that is challenging and requires coordination, and you want it to be nerfed to be easy like all the other meta events out there?

Why don’t you just stay at the other bosses if you want stuff easy, and let us hardcore dragon slayers do our thing.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zerroth.2401

Zerroth.2401

AGREE 11111110000000000000% Finally something to do that isnt MINDLESS! Carebears need to adapt or leave on this one……..

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

I would say scalability is the main issue.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

Again. I killed him twice in a row and I loved both fights. It was awesome doing it with an organized raid and with people who actually gave a kitten .

The reason why so many are complaining -and I agree with this- is because the overflows, the people idleing on turrets or just standing still in map make this event an absolutly demoralizing horrific thing to do unless you are fully organized.

This is great raid content, but it really isn’t open world content. I’m all for more events like this and more “raids”, but atleast give us tools or a system to make this a less frustrating experience to organize. Most of the difficulty does not stem from the encounter -allthough its challenging even when organized- but from the things I mentioned (like overflows).

Also the lack of a proper raid interface makes this unnecessary tiresome to organize. Not to mention the occasional commander tag bug.

You need A LOT of motivated and good people to step up and organise and you NEED to be lucky or have enough time to get into the main map. A lot of people in overflows aren’t even trying and they are just trying to get into the main map. The event ranges from an extremely frustrating logistic nightmare to a great raiding experience.

(edited by Ivonbeton.6814)

in Tequatl Rising

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

So why You play it ?

I like how ease of access the game is and how it presents the content in the form of Dynamic Events. I play all aspects of the game because I find it fun, even Spvp(which most think is crap).

There are challenges to the game that are not so carebear, but the majority of players complain that they don’t give enough reward. The mechanics of the game cannot get much more difficult without physical interaction with the environment such as platform jumping.

I play the game because it is fun. I like to role-play in an MMO"RPG" since you know this game is an RPG. The loot and other rewards are just the cherry on the top.

in Tequatl Rising

Sardonia.8196

95% of the events in this game are easy. Us hardcore players finally have a metaevent that is challenging and requires coordination, and you want it to be nerfed to be easy like all the other meta events out there?

Why don’t you just stay at the other bosses if you want stuff easy, and let us hardcore dragon slayers do our thing.

Again why did you buy this game. You hardcore as you stated are not the ones supporting the game. I am fairly hardcore myself and play often, however, I know what will happen if Anet keeps going down this path. The game will Die and then you will have no one to play with.
As I stated before, the elitist attitudes I am seeing are just insulting and disappointing. You knew this game did not have this type of content to begin with, so why buy it? There are many other games out there that you can play that do. You people are lilke cancer to games because you always want to change it what you want when you only make up 10% of the playerbase.
As is stated, bosses should win 50% of the time. Adding massive HP pools and timers are not challenging content, it is just superficial. Make the events more engaging in terms of other elements and not just DPS checks.

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

I play the game because it is fun. I like to role-play in an MMO"RPG" since you know this game is an RPG. The loot and other rewards are just the cherry on the top.

That’s a good outlook.

But some of us have been playing this game for a year and have done everything.

Expansions are not coming, we have only the LW updates to look forward to, supported by the cash shop.

If the LW updates will not be good, then… frankly that sucks. :\

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

There are two issues and both are completely not related to how hard the battle is, or battle mechanics.

So stop the carebear and omg this too hard.

The issues are :

1. Overflow
2. Lack of scalability for servers with no pop. It should still feel impossibly hard, but they should see a glimmer of hope if they are properly engaging in the mechanics. Whether 50 or 170 people are on the map, proper strategy and execution should provide the ‘we can do this’ … or ’I get how this works, now to improve for next battle I need to do these things better"

Not … Jeez no one shows up because server can’t get him even to 95%

It’s not that Teq himself needs any changes, its actually the game mechanics the battle is feeding into. Same will occur with the other re worked bosses and this needs to be considered.
If the map only has 20 people on it, okay well they shouldn’t have a hope in hell. Sorry open world bosses need or should need an army to take down. Tough beans but if it were irl … you think your 10 man should be able to kill godzilla? Consider it, and its more realistic if we have armies of bodies to throw at it, which is by design, so it should have a minimum say of 50-60 as base, and scale from there. If you guys don’t have 50-60 … that unfortunate, you should guest, because your server is likely dead. Even in my brief stint on fergs crossing in t8 we were able to get those numbers to jormag so don’t say its not possible, and fergs weas dead. I mean 20 people in wvw, 15-20 in LA, but a dragon timer, had 50-60 show up every time.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Tequatl Rising

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

That’s a good outlook.

But some of us have been playing this game for a year and have done everything.

Expansions are not coming, we have only the LW updates to look forward to, supported by the cash shop.

If the LW updates will not be good, then… frankly that sucks. :\

I have been playing since the betas and have done everything as well with the exception of getting a legendary. I have every profession to 80 and all have multiple sets of exotic gear.

The living story content only sucks if you don’t give a crap about the lore. So far after I am done with the current LS I can’t wait to see what the next one brings.

Also, expansions don’t guarantee fun. There used to be a time when games didn’t have expansions or updates at all. You got what you paid for on the spot. If you have been playing for a year then I don’t see why anyone would be complaining.

If you are waiting a year for something good to come from this game…. well think about it.

(edited by Chewablesleeptablet.3185)

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

The living story content only sucks if you don’t give a crap about the lore. So far after I am done with the current LS I can’t wait to see what the next one brings.

Well IMO it’s been hit and miss and the batting average has not been good lately especially with this week’s update. We’ll just have to agree to disagree on that one. :\

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

The only thing which is lacking now is the “rewarding the player”-one in which Anet always fails.

getting standard world boss loot + 1g for this is ridiculous.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Again why did you buy this game. You hardcore as you stated are not the ones supporting the game. I am fairly hardcore myself and play often, however, I know what will happen if Anet keeps going down this path. The game will Die and then you will have no one to play with.
As I stated before, the elitist attitudes I am seeing are just insulting and disappointing. You knew this game did not have this type of content to begin with, so why buy it? There are many other games out there that you can play that do. You people are lilke cancer to games because you always want to change it what you want when you only make up 10% of the playerbase.
As is stated, bosses should win 50% of the time. Adding massive HP pools and timers are not challenging content, it is just superficial. Make the events more engaging in terms of other elements and not just DPS checks.

I didn’t buy this game solely for hardcore content. I bought it for everything else. Hardcore content was just something I didn’t mind having as an alternative. One measley boss out of the +dozen metaevents in the game finally got boosted. And now you want to take away from that because you find it hard? Go do fire ele if you want your faceroll content.

I’m not supporting this game? I have probably contributed more to this game in $ than you. Folks like me are subsidizing those who don’t even buy gems.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

Also, expansions don’t guarantee fun. There used to be a time when games didn’t have expansions or updates at all. You got what you paid for on the spot. If you have been playing for a year then I don’t see why anyone would be complaining.

If you are waiting a year for something good to come from this game…. well think about it.

This needs its own response as it comes up often. I am a huge fan of Anet and their games. I look forward to their releases. I played their first game, Prophecies, as well as many of the games they worked on when their founders were employed at Blizzard(warcraft, starcraft ect).

I hope to see their company expand upon the the GW franchise

• 1 year from the release of Prophecies(GW1) was Factions
  • Only 6 months from the release of Factions was Nightfall
  • 10 months after the release of Nightfall was EoTN
  • 5 long years after EoTN was GW2 (but it was worth it)

Also they added a full dungeon(SF) and a lot of quality of life improvements between Proph and Factions. So it wasn’t like that 1 year stretch was devoid of support. There were more events and QoL improvements between the other releases as well. Plus several decent free content additions after EoTN, called Guild Wars Beyond.

This is how I became a fan of Anet. There has always been something awesome to look forward too, even if we had to wait. And it was good quality stuff.

The problem is that now with this 2 week schedule, there are so many bugs, balance issues and production short-cuts being taken. Can you really say the franchise has moved forward in the past year as much as it did in the year between Prophecies and Factions?

(edited by Lucky.9421)

in Tequatl Rising

Sardonia.8196

I didn’t buy this game solely for hardcore content. I bought it for everything else. Hardcore content was just something I didn’t mind having as an alternative. One measley boss out of the +dozen metaevents in the game finally got boosted. And now you want to take away from that because you find it hard? Go do fire ele if you want your faceroll content.

I’m not supporting this game? I have probably contributed more to this game in $ than you. Folks like me are subsidizing those who don’t even buy gems.

I doubt that you have supported more in $s than I have, but I will agree to disagree. I am not saying make it faceroll, but only having less than 1% success rate is way to low. There needs to be a middle ground. I say that for all bosses and not just this one. Are you going to keep doing this in two weeks when no one is doing it? Are you going to keep doing it when the rewards are not there as well?

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

Let me try to lay some of most poignant issues out here and more importantly prove why ArenaNet isn’t on the right track at all.

Conditions are still capped so condition users are left useless in a fight which is all about fast DPS. Better go babysit turrets because that’s all you’re good for here.

Some of the attacks aren’t even visible and AoE circles will frequently go under the water. This has been an issue with a lot of the bosses and the fact that it remains to be one is sad.

Weird instant deaths out of nowhere. This happens rarely but I’ve observed it once or twice myself. Not that big of an issue when it only happens to one person but still annoying.

Broken scaling. You need way over the recommended eighty players to stand a chance.

Overflows. Yeah, you’ll never see your main instance if you’re on a popular server due to all the guesting going on. Entire guilds are leaving and trying to find their own overflows due to this.

Main instance queue can be bypassed by spamming join. So even if you spend ten hours sitting in a queue waiting for your turn your spot is just going to get nabbed by somebody with a buddy on the other side.

Rewards are garbage and completely RNG based.

And I think that about sums it up.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Just sayin.

Definitely. The game wouldn’t be here either.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rage Tiger.4019

Rage Tiger.4019

I am loving the new Teq fight, along with the buffs the other world bosses have gotten. No more auto-win. I am waiting for the day all world boss fights are synced across all servers.

Golem Mark II and Fire Elemental, you cannot stand under him any more, you have to watch your feet at all times. Frozen Maw his health been buffed yet again. With the exception of Claw of Jormag, all bosses have a 15 minute timer. Claw has a 30 minute timer. Haven’t looked at other world bosses, like Shaman in Fireheart Rise, or the one in Ashfield Plains.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

You forgot to add…and all condi specs please leave the instance we only need 2 of you at most.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

The only thing I wish for is to get rid of the timers. Nothing worse than standing around. Have a pop up like for scarlet’s invasions.
Edit: Just noticed this might be confusing. Not talking about the time limit to defeat the dragon.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

(edited by Rouven.7409)

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

I am not saying make it faceroll, but only having less than 1% success rate is way to low.

I think I agree with that part. I would love for this to be some sort of instanced fight, or something you could queue up for. Specifically aimed at more serious players. A tad too hard for a free-for-all event. The servers that have gotten the kill are at the moment just thriving on their success thanks to a few people that stepped up, but meanwhile the other servers and the people stuck in overflows are getting more and more frustrated.

No matter how much I loved doing this, the thing I love most about GW2 is how the open world content is like a meeting place between “hardcore” and “casual” players – if such a dichotomy even exists. And this fight is not too difficult, but it might be too difficult for open world content.

I would love for them to keep this content, but perhaps there should be two versions? One for organized groups -preferably with slightly better loot or atleast one extra achievement- and one for totally random PuGs and overflows? Not sure how you would make that division, but I’m just spitballing here.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

If players quit this game because of the difficulty increase of “endgame” content then shame on them.

Some players wanted raids. Some players wanted more interaction on boss fights. Tequatl is now basically an open world Raid. Should it be this difficult? Yes. Should there be a timer? No. The cost for death is good enough for this boss encounter.

I believe Anet is on the right track here. Tequatl is not perfect, but hey its an online game and there are things called patches.

You have the audacity to say shame on someone else over PvE content. That’s hilarious, but I have a better idea. How about you step into a place that actually takes skill to win. PvP was supposed to be the end game of GW2. They couldn’t do that because that actually required skill. The PvE crowd didn’t want to have to fight something that wasn’t scripted. They didn’t like getting trashed /laughed at because they had no skill. So instead we get another empty boss fight where the only skill is in “throw more numbers at it”.

If that offends you, tough.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Yep and this event is a giant dps check. You utilities are useless(except Guardian relfects and Ele conjures)

1 year to dps checks.

Interesting and varied combat mechanics that had next to zero meaningful application to PvE.

I really can’t regard this event as a step back.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Destroyer Bravo.5391

Destroyer Bravo.5391

Alright. Zerker gear is worthless on tequila. You cannot crit him. YOU CANNOT CRIT HIM. Conditioneers/Conditiomancers and zerker guys do good damage to adds, you want PVT that can tank a fish-head, power mainstat is much more useful then crit gear.

in Tequatl Rising

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

You have the audacity to say shame on someone else over PvE content. That’s hilarious, but I have a better idea. How about you step into a place that actually takes skill to win. PvP was supposed to be the end game of GW2. They couldn’t do that because that actually required skill. The PvE crowd didn’t want to have to fight something that wasn’t scripted. They didn’t like getting trashed /laughed at because they had no skill. So instead we get another empty boss fight where the only skill is in “throw more numbers at it”.

If you read the conversations in this thread you would know that I pvp. So there is that.

in Tequatl Rising

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Just sayin.

Definitely. The game wouldn’t be here either.

Why is that? The current generation of players can’t handle a challenge, or because of development?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

If you read the conversations in this thread you would know that I pvp. So there is that.

Thank you for the duel. I get your point, but I just think shaming people for leaving over pve is silly. PvP is the only thing in the game about skill. All of the rest is just about more health, more damage. WvW is the same as PvE. They allow ascended weapons and such there in order to compensate the pve crowds. They could have balanced it by using the spvp method, but didn’t want to.

Sorry if I came off rude. Was great talking to you. That’s one reason I like mmos, meeting random people and then just talking. It was fun. thanks again, and sorry if I was a kitten. I should have explained my reasoning better, and not been so quick to be a jerk.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

in Tequatl Rising

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Let me try to lay some of most poignant issues out here and more importantly prove why ArenaNet isn’t on the right track at all.

Conditions are still capped so condition users are left useless in a fight which is all about fast DPS. Better go babysit turrets because that’s all you’re good for here.

Some of the attacks aren’t even visible and AoE circles will frequently go under the water. This has been an issue with a lot of the bosses and the fact that it remains to be one is sad.

Weird instant deaths out of nowhere. This happens rarely but I’ve observed it once or twice myself. Not that big of an issue when it only happens to one person but still annoying.

Broken scaling. You need way over the recommended eighty players to stand a chance.

Overflows. Yeah, you’ll never see your main instance if you’re on a popular server due to all the guesting going on. Entire guilds are leaving and trying to find their own overflows due to this.

Main instance queue can be bypassed by spamming join. So even if you spend ten hours sitting in a queue waiting for your turn your spot is just going to get nabbed by somebody with a buddy on the other side.

Rewards are garbage and completely RNG based.

And I think that about sums it up.

Yesterday BG did a cool thing where they got everyone on TS and then guested to a low pop server.

I do feel for you about the condition situation though. Right now condi is more of a 1v1 type thing.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ghaste.2419

Ghaste.2419

Should there be a timer? No. The cost for death is good enough for this boss encounter.

If you remove timer from this fight. Nobody will complaint and everybody will try this fight until success and stay there hours if needed… That not the case right now. That why people complaint.

(edited by Ghaste.2419)

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

Should there be a timer? No. The cost for death is good enough for this boss encounter.

If you remove timer from this fight. Nobody will complaint and everybody will try this fight until success and stay there hours if needed… That not the case right now. That why people complaint.

There should be a timer for the Boss fight itself, but also an ingame countdown would be great.