Well done... You killed my servers spirit.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Tequatl is attacking… How many people do you think showed up?

2… Me and one other. And this was not in Overflow. well done.
Look at map, im dead and other player is downed.

Henge of Denravi, where are all our players?

Attachments:

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Grimreaper.4906

Grimreaper.4906

yeah my servers the same, i have to guest to even try to kill him now

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

looks the same on SF

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

A victim of guesting.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Yeah, I just logged in once to my character in sparkfly just in time for Teq to appear and there were only 4 people in the area. I said “Screw This!” and popped into PvP to travel to LA. Even IoJ’s massive Meta Trains won’t stop to attempt Tequatl, he’s just not worth it. And I’m talking 9 commanders and enough players to fill the server…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I can get in to the main at any time, even if the event has started and has been on for a while. No overflow, infact I was only put in the overflow once since the event was added. (ET).

(edited by Blude.6812)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Seraph.6853

Seraph.6853

We just had a large 80 man attempt. Didn’t even get to first batteries :|

:dA:
http://theoryanimation.com
Guardian, Commander Serafael [REV], Henge of Denravi

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

This always happens in games with difficult content. Some servers and guilds just aren’t good enough. That’s totally fine. If everyone could do Tequatl, it wouldn’t be difficult content by definition.

With that said, they should do something about overflow servers and guesting. But for now, it can be easily addressed by joining a Tequatl-killing guild.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

The one time I tried I got tossed in an overflow that consisted of folks tagging then going AFK.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I was there, was on a turret. Constantly kept the stacks down on him, cleansed the zerg, buffed the zerg, and damaged Tequatl between cooldowns to help out. got him to like 78%

:’(

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: darkdomino.9578

darkdomino.9578

Gate of Madness is the same story. Had maybe 5-10 people total… One time it was just me and some other AFK Charr.

I’ve literally never experienced such a terribly designed and executed event in my life. I’m literally not even sure how to quite put into words how much of an epic failure this event was.

I got my wings and I’m done with this BS.

Fury of the Departed [Fury] – http://www.furyofthedeparted.net

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: incandescence.6784

incandescence.6784

Join TTS3 (see forums) or the European equivalent. This is the only way to have much chance to beat Tequatl. This content was extremely poorly designed, because you basically have to have a full map of active participants to win, so unless you are in a guild that takes an empty overflow and fills it with people who want to kill Tequatl, then you have no chance. Suppose your server has 20 or 30 players in Sparkfly Fen that are just doing quests and leveling their characters and aren’t participating in Teq battle, well no matter what the rest of you do you will lose, oopsie!

So join one of the Tequatl slaying guilds or get used to always failing at this event. My home server beats him about 50% of the time right after the reset. Do you think it is worth the waiting around 2-3 hours with afk etc so you can actually be on the map for the fight, and then only have 50% chance to beat it? No. Teq slaying guilds still have the same problems with long waits in map ahead of time because of overflow BS etc, but you will almost always kill him if there is an active attempt going and you get into the map.

I don’t know why they designed content that their servers can’t handle. The main “difficulty” of Tequatl, is that the server cannot support the number of people who want to kill him and that he would naturally require. It is like trying to do Fractal but you are limited to only 3 players instead of 5, then the content suddenly becomes “difficult” haha.

But the Teq fight is fun, I like the design of it, but not the way it is scaled past what their actual server capacity is, lol. It’s like they have smart designers and morons making the final calls on stuff, like you see a Hollywood movie where there are many cool scenes and effects, many talented people did their best efforts on it, but it is ruined because there is some less intelligent executive making moronic top level decisions that spoil all the great work of those producing the content.

Anywhose……….

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

This always happens in games with difficult content. Some servers and guilds just aren’t good enough. That’s totally fine. If everyone could do Tequatl, it wouldn’t be difficult content by definition.

With that said, they should do something about overflow servers and guesting. But for now, it can be easily addressed by joining a Tequatl-killing guild.

The smaller your population, the fewer interested players you will have attempting the content. Once players see their server fail for whatever reason and those players have an alternative (guesting, overflows with a Tequatl guild) the people who would otherwise build the core of your server’s Tequatl take downs will go different routes. One of the leaders of one of the Tequatl killing guilds is from a server that didn’t beat Tequatl until last Saturday – and that server still doesn’t even get a daily kill in, let alone several a day across multiple times. Several members are from servers that haven’t killed Tequatl or don’t do it reliably. The content requirements are too extreme for most servers atm.

Maybe the solution is to have the event scale better for lower population servers. It’s a problem for server morale and community health when people learn that the server isn’t going to beat him (or stand a chance) and most people give up on the server. Once the content loses player interest it’s an incredibly steep battle to win it back.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I was there, was on a turret. Constantly kept the stacks down on him, cleansed the zerg, buffed the zerg, and damaged Tequatl between cooldowns to help out. got him to like 78%

:’(

haha, 80 man baseline my kitten.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

The only reason most people on my server go there is to get the daily. People go in and die to Tequatl then just alt tab or afk until they got the point for the daily. This fight is awesome, but I would rather have it as a Guild Instance than a regular PvE fight.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.